Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1596 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

About Overrated Dooku Videos

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12

This is not his only video, he spams these Dooku wanked videos once a month.

Let's start with it;

-0:20-

Video : ''He trained Maul as a perfect warrior and assassin.''

You think Maul is just that? Are you really that ignorant?

''A deadly, agile Sith Lord trained by the evil Darth Sidious, Darth Maul was a formidable warrior and scheming mastermind.''

--- https://www.starwars.com/databank/darth-maul

-0:27-

Video : ''For him to be killed on his first mission by a Jedi Padawan no less.''

Not only a one huge mistake, but there is three of them.

A-) Maul wasn't killed. (A mistake that Sidious didn't make with Vader later, he went to save him)

B-) It wasn't Maul's first mission against the Jedi. This is hilarious for someone who thinks he is knowledgeable enough to make SW videos.

Maul already faced with the Jedi more than once before the TPM. In the first one he hides his presence in the Force successfully from the two Jedi Knights.

And even dueled with the one before TPM. He killed Jedi Eldra Kaitis in a duel, and Sidious knew that, and he even provoked Maul secretly by saying that he shouldn't go knowing that Maul would do it.

No Caption Provided

--- Darth Maul Isue #5

C-) TPM Kenobi is a padawan no less?

Seriously? Did this guy even watch the movie?

Yoda: ''The Jedi Master nodded. "Confer on you the level of Jedi Knight, the Council does. Decided about the boy, the Council is, Obi-Wan," he advised solemnly.''

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Novel

TPM Kenobi was an officially a Jedi Knight at the end of the movie. Unless you believe Kenobi would become more powerful in 1 day just because his title has changed, no. TPM Kenobi was already a Jedi Knight.

And he even takes a padawan (Anakin) for himself. And he even brags about how well he trained Anakin when he killed this youtuber's precious Dooku.

"Come on, then, Kenobi! Come for me!" he said. "I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Lord Tyranus himself."

"Do you mean Count Dooku? What a curious coincidence," Obi-Wan said with a deceptively pleasant smile. "I trained the man who killed him."

Revenge of the Sith Novelization

Qui-Gon also said that Obi-Wan was ready to become a Jedi Knight. Considering Qui-Gon's experience as a Jedi Master, Obi-Wan was already a Jedi Knight.

"Obi-Wan is ready," Qui-Gon declared.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Novel

Obviously this youtuber guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

-0:35-

Video : ''He chose someone that is extremely familiar with the Jedi Order. A former Jedi Master himself infact.''

This has nothing to do with why Sidious chose Dooku. He chose someone who is already trained, because he didn't have any time to train another apprentice,

Lucas : "After Darth Sidious' first apprentice is killed, he has to come up with a new apprentice, and rather than coming up with some baby that he trains from birth, which is what he should have done--well, he shouldn't have gotten himself in a position of getting his apprentice killed anyways--he's decided to make his move, so he needs somebody that was already trained.."

Sidious would never acted with this; it has to be a ''Jedi'' idea, because that would be accepting the superiority of the Jedi over the Sith, and he doesn't believe that. Like every Sith lord, he believes that the Sith are more powerful and superor. Thus, he had no other choice to choose a trained Jedi, because there wasn't any Sith or any trained Force user around.

-1:15-

Video : ''Dooku managed to go head to head with Yoda.''

:))

Not sure if it's funny or he is just trolling, but this is absolutely not true.

Yoda whipped out his blade while trying to set Whirry gently down on the cobblestones below.

"Wish to hurt you, I do not!"

"That's odd," Dooku remarked. "I intend to enjoy killing you."

Dark Rendezvous

If Yoda doesn't want to hurt Dooku during the Clone Wars, why would he want to hurt him even before? And even before the same day that he learned he turned to the Dark Side in AotC?

Another example on how Yoda holds back massively against his previous Jedi padawan;

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In the first example, he throws the objects ''harmlessly'' aside, and not throwing it back to Dooku. But in the second one, he throws it right back at its owner. The clear difference between holding back and not holding back.

-2:08-

Video : ''Dooku proved himself as more than a match for the combined skills of Anakin and Obi-Wan.''

A-) Dooku never dueled with the two of them at the same time.

B-) And he thinks Maul wouldn't prove himself more than a match for AotC Obi-Wan or AotC Anakin individually... Seriously, this is nothing but a wankery.

-2:30-

Video : 'Holds his own against Jedi Master Yoda. Although the match ended in a stalemate. The little Jedi perhaps had a little edge.''

Again, this guy is clearly delusional. Not only he says he held his own against him first, then he says it ended in a stalemate. Wtf, since when a person who can only hold his own against someone can legitimately stalemate with the other fighter? As I said, this guy is totally lost his mind due to his extreme bias towards Dooku.

Not only he ignores the huge factor that Yoda was holding back against his former Jedi padawan, Dooku was still losing the duel against him.

No Caption Provided

''Realizing he is NO MATCH for Yoda, Count Dooku makes for his ship.''

AotC Graphic Novel

Not only this, but even the tiering system of Gillard clearly shows that Yoda was in a different level than Dooku is in.

Nick Gillard : ''And somebody like Kit Fisto is 7. I did take it to 8 and 9. But not many people know that. 8 and 9 is cheat.''

''Obi-Wan has gone up one level from Episode I to Episode III (7 to 8), but it’s a huge jump from one level to another. So Obi-Wan is 8. Yoda is 9. Mace is 8 bordering on 9. Dooku & Maul (TPM) are 8, but there is a huge difference inside the numbers themselves. It's not about how well they fight, it's about how well they learned.''

Danger-inc.com, Theforce.net, Saberproject

-2:48-

Video : ''Maul had been defeated by a Jedi Padawan, while Dooku contended with the greatest lightsaber duelist Jedi order had potentially ever seen.''

Again he is delusional. He even continues to deny what he has said before on his own video, and now he says he ''contended'' with Yoda. Which one? Decide it already.

And before that he lies about Maul's defeat, and compares two irrelevant fights with each other.

A-) Dooku never had to face with Obi-Wan after killing someone who Obi-Wan loved in front of his eyes. After that point, that duel becomes a personal revenge for Obi-Wan. Which makes the two duels completely different situations. Against Dooku, Kenobi was doing his daily job.

Against Maul, Kenobi was fighting with the killer of his master; Qui-Gon Jinn. And he was rage amped like hell. How can you compare these two duels with each other if you're not extremely biased?

No Caption Provided

B-) As the source above states that ''Maul toyed with Kenobi.'' (starwars.com databank). That was the only reason why Maul was off-guard, and he completely ignored Qui-Gon lightsaber which caught him by surprise when he was toying Kenobi. I would like to see what would happen if Dooku killed Qui-Gon, then toyed with him and underestimated him and completely ignored the extra lightsaber that Obi-Wan used to surprise his opponent, I wonder if he could react at time against an extremely focused Kenobi who was trying to avenge his spiritual father Qui-Gon Jinn.

-2:59-

Video : ''His new apprentice gained a lot of respect for Darth Sidious.''

:)) Obviously, that ''respect'' didn't last long.

No Caption Provided

Darth Sidious: ''This is not the first time you have proven to be clumsy, Lord Tyranus.''

Dooku didn't have any credit left, and Sidious even chokes him from a hologram which is the most disrectful thing to do your apprentice.

Sidious was also aware of the Jedi's weakness;

Darth Sidious : "Master Yoda has come to Moraband, although why, I do not know. We shall, however, use the strong bond that once existed between you (Dooku) and your master (Yoda) to allow us to see things that we otherwise could not."

The Clone Wars Season 6 Episode 13

If Sidious knew that there was ''a strong'' bond between Dooku and Yoda, then he also knew that Yoda would hold back against his former apprentice due to this ''strong'' bond. Sidious is smart and he would know that better than anyone. To say that Sidious would afraid of Dooku because of his duel with Yoda, is nothing but a horseshit. The guy is so certain about this strong bond, he even used it to their advantage in a Sith rituel.

Not even mention that, video never mentions about Dooku's failures against Quinlan Vos or Savage Opress, while he was talking about Maul's ''never happened'' defeat against TPM Kenobi. And never mentions how Maul was overpowering Qui-Gon + Kenobi at the same time, or Savage Opress, or TCW Kenobi, or how he matched with Mace Windu, kicking Sidious in a duel, or taking 3 Inquisitors at the same time and being better than Adult Ahsoka etc. He only slanders Maul, and overrates Dooku over something that never happened. (Yoda was holding back).

Anyways, if you didn't like that delusional video you know what to do.

And if you want something real; https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/erkan12/blog/why-the-list-says-maultyranus/134755/

Enjoy it.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DarthWill3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not bad. And here's another thing:

Yoda: "Gone backwards your skills have, Dooku. No longer a formidable opponent you are."

Yoda Uncovered

However, there are some things that need to be pointed out:

Yoda and Dooku were almost equals, with the little Jedi Master having perhaps a slight edge over his former Padawan.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #34 (Relaunched)

Tyranus also managed to wound Yoda on Vjun in 20 BBY. Yeah, I know he only did so after applying a cheap trick, but it's pretty high praise in my book:

While Dooku only fought occasionally with his lightsaber during the Clone Wars, he was never fully bested. He achieved the near impossible by wounding Master Yoda during a fight on Vjun, before making a tactical withdrawal.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #18 (Relaunched)
    redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You did a really great job with this Erkan.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dark-sith123

Wow, Stupendous Wave is pretty stupid.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is what we called a debunk... Great job Erkan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@xolthol said:

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolthol said:

@redheathen said:

@dark-sith123 said:

I've caught a few things that SW gets wrong or doesn't understand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@riddlerfan77 said:
    @xolthol said:

@redheathen said:

@dark-sith123 said:

I've caught a few things that SW gets wrong or doesn't understand.

SW is really stupid, the worst SW debaters on the site could easily destroy him, he has zero knowledge whatsoever.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm in the Dooku > TPM Maul camp but that video is too much fanfiction.

DarthWill3

Yoda: "Gone backwards your skills have, Dooku. No longer a formidable opponent you are."

Ah so that's the quote Tene keeps using to prove that Dooku regressed, thank you. Tbf that was published in July 2014, a month after the Canon split so it's most likely not canon in Legends, where other objective quotes have definitely stated he has become more powerful and his skills became more formidable.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

? Nice job.

Stupendous Wave is garbage and an obvious liar who makes money out of clickbaits and his fanbase composed of retarded casuals.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Topic, but not topic, related:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Stupendous Wave is more of a hindrance than a blessing when it comes to sharing SW info, but I have yet to find any channel on Youtube who consistently produces reliable content. Even the videos that Wookieepedia uses, I can't remember the person's name who creates them, aren't reliable. A Wookieepedia admin told me that videos are what fans want, so they didn't care. This is on one of their pages or blog on the site and is available to read, if you can find it.

I think all they care about is money. When Bessy Star Wars (now changed his name) asked me to help write scripts for him, he was more concerned with quantity instead of quality. It seems you need to release videos on a very, very frequent basis, and researching all facts isn't really the aim. He called me a purist and said it was impossible to get all info right. This came after he wanted me to write a Vader script that wasn't factual. I gave him the facts and spent a lot of time writing quality information, but he decided not to publish it when I told him he was wrong and gave him my script. I told him he was rude, and that was the end of our communications. During our discussions, he said he was good friends with SW and the guy who does the Wookieepedia videos (in other words the big names), and they all pretty much have the same point of view regarding content.

The worst of them, at least a few years ago when I bothered looking at the videos, was a guy whose name begins with an "A"-maybe Antonio? I say the worst because he had a lot of followers and his content was soooooooo non-researched, or at least not wholly inclusive of all available, official sources. Over the past few years, the SW commentary videos have had this huge boon. Now there are so many Star Wars channels on Youtube that I can't even go to the site at all unless I'm looking for something specific to use as a clip for discussions on here. The incomplete and/or misinformation is maddening. Even online magazines and blogs give information that is obviously little-researched.

All that said, I have to admit that there are a lot of sources to read in order to fully know about even just one character, but in my opinion, you shouldn't publish something for millions of viewers unless you thoroughly know the subject. Then again, they do make a lot of money making those videos. FYI, These people also look at groups and forums such as this one and at Wookieepedia for much of their content. Some of them use our ideas and discussions to make money. In other words, they plagiarize. I am not saying Bessy did this or anyone specific. (legal disclaimer)

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius said:

Yeah I'm in the Dooku > TPM Maul camp but that video is too much fanfiction.

DarthWill3

Ah so that's the quote Tene keeps using to prove that Dooku regressed, thank you. Tbf that was published in July 2014, a month after the Canon split so it's most likely not canon in Legends, where other objective quotes have definitely stated he has become more powerful and his skills became more formidable.

July 2014 is the month for the changeover. There is a specific date, but I don't remember what it is. If you look up the date of the publication, then I'll search for the exact date. However, Son of Dathomir is considered canon, and it was released in May 2014.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad. And here's another thing:

Yoda Uncovered

However, there are some things that need to be pointed out:

Yoda and Dooku were almost equals, with the little Jedi Master having perhaps a slight edge over his former Padawan.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #34 (Relaunched)

Tyranus also managed to wound Yoda on Vjun in 20 BBY. Yeah, I know he only did so after applying a cheap trick, but it's pretty high praise in my book:

While Dooku only fought occasionally with his lightsaber during the Clone Wars, he was never fully bested. He achieved the near impossible by wounding Master Yoda during a fight on Vjun, before making a tactical withdrawal.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #18 (Relaunched)

My memory is trash, so would you please help me? When did Tyranus wound Yoda on Vjun? Was this from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous? I know you are posting a quote from a magazine, but do you know the answer?

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kilius

@redheathen:

Wasn't the turnover April 25 2014? I can't find the exact date for the magazine except that it was July(my source is wookiepeida and it's a stub) but I'm sure April was the cut off. Also wasn't the reason Son Of Dathomir Canon because it was based on the then canceled TCW story arc?

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius said:

@redheathen:

Wasn't the turnover April 25 2014? I can't find the exact date for the magazine except that it was July(my source is wookiepeida and it's a stub) but I'm sure April was the cut off. Also wasn't the reason Son Of Dathomir Canon because it was based on the then canceled TCW story arc?

You are right on both counts. I had the 25th in mind, and most likely thought it was July just because I saw the month listed. Thank you for correcting me. I sincerely mean that.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dawn_of_Ages
    @redheathen said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Stupendous Wave is more of a hindrance than a blessing when it comes to sharing SW info

? People like JenIsSorry1 and EvanNooba95 are even worse.

The worst of them, at least a few years ago when I bothered looking at the videos, was a guy whose name begins with an "A"-maybe Antonio?

Antoine Bandele?

DarthWill3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen: It's in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous near the end.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Stupendous Wave is more of a hindrance than a blessing when it comes to sharing SW info

? People like JenIsSorry1 and EvanNooba95 are even worse.

The worst of them, at least a few years ago when I bothered looking at the videos, was a guy whose name begins with an "A"-maybe Antonio?

Antoine Bandele?

Yes, that guy. I haven't watched him in a couple years. Perhaps he is better now.

@redheathen: It's in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous near the end.

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought it was. Have you read the novel? The quote is a bit misleading because Yoda...I'm not sure how to say this. "Yoda wasn't really trying" doesn't really fit the bill, but it's all I can think of right now. This is when Dooku pushes Yoda just enough that Yoda gets mad, and when he does, it terrifies Dooku. Dooku says how foolish he was to think lesser of Yoda than Yoda deserved. He sees that Yoda could be even more powerful than Sidious if he chose to be. To me, anyway, it is misleading to think Dooku is close to Yoda based on what happened in the book considering what else happens in the book.

Another issue with the quote that Dooku is "never fully bested" is...well, actually the wording itself. What does never fully even mean? Is it like a glass is half full or half empty type thing? Maybe so. The water is in the glass, as in he was bested. The fact is there. But maybe the glass is half full or empty because the defeat wasn't total because he escaped just in time? Such as when he made a "tactical withdrawal" from Yoda on Vjun. Honestly, though, I'm just thinking out loud. This isn't truly an issue for me. This is what the Sith do when faced with possible defeat or if they have something else to do. They don't have an issue with leaving a fight.

DarthWill3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthWill3

@redheathen: Indeed. The Sith always plan ahead.

Instantly he was in the air himself, spinning away from Dooku's vicious attack before he was even consciously aware it was coming. The blinding scarlet blur of Dooku's lightsaber split the air, slashing a burning line across Yoda's side before chopping his desk in half.

Yoda whipped out his blade while trying to set Whirry gently down on the cobblestones below. "Wish to hurt you, I do not!"

"That's odd," Dooku remarked. "I intend to enjoy killing you."

As Yoda released Whirry from his mind's hold, and let her spill gently onto the flagstones far below, the tip of Dooku's lightsaber scored a burning line across his shoulder. The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible—wickedness cut in red light. [...]

Then their blades clashed together in a lace of fire, green and red: but the green burned hotter. Slowly, slowly, Dooku gave way: and in the dark drunken Vjun air, Yoda was a terrible sight to behold. [...]

Pushing Dooku back yet again, blades flashed and flared stutters of light, blood red and sea green.

Sweat ran in streams through Dooku's beard as he countered Yoda's every move, and his lips were white. Holobattles raged around them as the consoles showed Obi-Wan and Anakin clashing with wave after wave of battle droids. Dooku shot a quick glance at the red button on his desk and, with a Force push, he punched it in.

Yoda cocked his head. A choice made, have you, Dooku?"

"I notice I am no longer your apprentice," Dooku said between breaths. "There was always a chance you could overpower me, of course." Yoda attacked: Dooku parried. "So I put a missile in high orbit, slaved to this location. It's falling now. Gathering speed."

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen: Indeed. The Sith always plan ahead.

"I notice I am no longer your apprentice," Dooku said between breaths. There was always a chance you could overpower me, of course." Yoda attacked: Dooku parried. "So I put a missile in high orbit, slaved to this location. It's falling now. Gathering speed."

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

You gotta love Tyranus. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.