Follow

Star Wars Rebels

Series »

An animated series set during the early days of the Rebel Alliance.

'Star Wars Rebels' Season 2 Sneak Peeks and Preview at NYCC

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

While we got to see the premiere episode of Star Wars Rebels Season 2, we still have to wait for the rest of the season to officially start. If you're going to New York Comic Con, Disney and Lucasfilm have announced what they have planned for the show.

No Caption Provided

Fans attending New York Comic Con on Thursday, October 8th will receive an exclusive sneak peek of what’s to come in the second season of Star Wars Rebels with a panel featuring special guests plus a preview screening of two new episodes from the series.

As the second season of Star Wars Rebels opens, the crew of the Ghost is now considered a very real threat to the Empire and has caught the attention of Darth Vader himself. Undeterred, the rebels seek out old friends and add powerful allies to their cause, forming the beginnings of a more formidable alliance against the Empire. To stop them, Vader will dispatch new agents to hunt down their growing coalition, determined to snuff them out before they can ignite a galaxy to rebellion.

The Star Wars Rebels panel will take place on the Empire Stage from 1:30-2:30 p.m. and will be followed by an exclusive screening of two new episodes later on the same stage, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. These all-new episodes will feature the series debut of Captain Rex, Captain Gregor and Commander Wolffe - three clones from the previous Star Wars animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. They join another fan favorite from The Clone Wars – Ahsoka Tano – who made her Star Wars Rebels debut in the final episode of season 1.

Star Wars Rebels returns with new episodes this fall on Disney XD.

Here's the Season 2 trailer if you haven't seen it already.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

I guess there's no specific date for the premiere yet, other than that it is now obviously after Oct 8? It was really annoying that the "season premiere" came out so far ahead of the actual season, as good as that episode was.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@owie: Yeah, I don't know if that was a good thing or not. It was great getting to see that episode but weird that it's the start of the second season and then we have to wait months for the second episode of the season. Builds anticipation, I guess. Plus the Blu-ray and DVD are about to come out so people can get that and catch up.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

HOLY CRAP!!! YES!!! Rex didn't turn on the Jedi! I always wondered about that, since Cody turned on Obi Wan. So happy!!

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lurkero

Please do not kill Ahsoka

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@lurkero said:

Please do not kill Ahsoka

Something's gotta happen :)

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Sweet!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 owie  Moderator

@g_man said:

@owie: Yeah, I don't know if that was a good thing or not. It was great getting to see that episode but weird that it's the start of the second season and then we have to wait months for the second episode of the season. Builds anticipation, I guess. Plus the Blu-ray and DVD are about to come out so people can get that and catch up.

Yeah, it did keep the interest up. I guess I would have preferred if they just called it an inter-season stand-alone movie, or something like that, instead of the season premiere.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ParaChomp

Ugh...Disney has been horrible with their cartoon release schedule in general. New episodes are released every month or so as opposed to waiting for production to be done and having a season ready to air. It's annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.