Follow

Star Wars Rebels

Series »

An animated series set during the early days of the Rebel Alliance.

Sarah Michelle Gellar Reveals her 'Star Wars: Rebels' Character

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The second season of Star Wars: Rebelsis coming back to Disney XD on October 14 and a new cast member is coming along with it: Sarah Michelle Gellar. Reported by Buzzfeed, Gellar is joining the sast as The Seventh Sister Inquisitor. Here she is in all her animated glory.

The character remains a bit of a mystery, but from the look of it, she's going to be a tough addition for the Empire. She joins real-life husband Freddie Prinze Jr, who voices Kanan Jarrus on the show. How soon before these two characters square off? Pretty soon, actually.

No Caption Provided

Season two of Star Wars: Rebels hits Disney XD on October 14.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Awesome. SMG is one of the best TV actresses around. I have no doubt she'll knock a voice role out of the park.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheSpoiler

Don't watch the show, but nice to see she's getting work. She should do well.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spideycap

Freddy Prinze Jr vs Sarah Michelle Gellar having a lightsaber duel. Never thought I'd see that, much less be super excited for it lol.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So there are many Inquisitors with the same type of saber? Interesting. Looking forward to this.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mickey-mouse

She's still baby mamma material in my eyes. :D Nice to see she is getting work, but Jesus does Hollywood under-utilize middle age female actresses.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I still think she is Barriss Offee considering she was placed into Palpatine's custody only a little bit before the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I still think she is Barriss Offee considering she was placed into Palpatine's custody only a little bit before the events of Revenge of the Sith.

This. 100% this.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord, they keep using that lightsaber thing. I'm still amazed that previous Inquisitor jumped in a pit and didn't decapitate himself with that thing... five times..

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 owie  Moderator

@teerack said:

That makes sense, and would be great. I was originally hoping for Ventress, but the Dark Disciple novel showed that that's not to be.

Looking forward to this.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao....So Kanaan is goin to have to face The Slayer? Ha GG

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: wouldn't they just use the original voice actor for that though

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love her so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it interesting that all the Inquisitors we've seen use the same light sabers,I really hope Rebels gives us a look back at the history of this new group.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: @teerack: No, they showed her face already. She's a completely different species than Barriss.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

She has undergone a hell of a transformation if she is Barriss. I am not saying I do not want to see her again or find out her ultimate fate but this Inquisitor looks so very different from Barriss. *some images have shown her unmasked face*

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These two new Inquisitors look great, from the way they are shown working together I am hoping they are hoping to overpower Kanan and Ezra as the past one could not. Would also like to see more about their lives and how they were trained as the show writers keep saying these guys are not Sith nor could they ever hope to challenge Sideous or Vader.

Hyena_Lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this, her husband, Freddie Prinze Jr. has really shown some range and growth as a VA (from ME3 James Vega to The Iron Bull), so hopefully they both can bring some great work to the show. So I Know What You Did Last Rebellion, is this going to be a thing?

Not to mention, she is a really good actress, who took both her personal and professional life head on.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice.

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I was hoping for this for awhile. However, a couple weeks back I saw this:

So it's not Barriss, unless she's gone through some plastic surgery or something. A real shame, considering we never got any closure. I would've loved to see another fight between her and Ahsoka after all these years.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By kcomicfan

There goes my hope that the female inquisitor is barriss offee

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@ostyo: @titanbreaker: @scistorm4: @catty_spider1:

You're all being fooled, but they wont fool me.

Loading Video...

While I admire your faith and video evidence, I think this is a new character and we are all going to have to accept it. Barriss may yet show up in some form, who knows someone got to be training these guys and Barriss might be the one doing it as she fits the bill of being trained in saber combat and force abilities but stands no chance of surpassing Vader of Sideous and thus can never train anyone else to beat them either.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: @titanbreaker: Not really sure why Palpatine would have her face changed. It wouldn't make sense.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teerack
    @ostyo said:

@teerack: @titanbreaker: Not really sure why Palpatine would have her face changed. It wouldn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense because you some how know everything that has happened to her in the past 19 years? O.o

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@titanbreaker: Why are you talking about whether or not she would be stronger then Vader? lol

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@titanbreaker: Why are you talking about whether or not she would be stronger then Vader? lol

Don't know do appear to have rambled off their about pw lv's sorry.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@titanbreaker: It was only in the final fight during Rebels Season 1 that Kanan gained an upper hand over The Inquisitor. In all the other fights, The Inquisitor had Kanan and Ezra running away or captured whenever he fought them. If Kanan has that much trouble with 1 Inquisitor, an out of shape Jedi shouldn't be able to take 2 IMO. Ahsoka probably could though.

I agree that there should be something explaining about the Inquisitors, why they're chosen and how they're trained. I have a feeling that the sister of Ezra's friend/informant in the Imperial Academy will be an Inquisitor as it was hinted that she's been selected by the Empire for a special position.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Kanan won because he finally stopped being afraid, which is a darkside emotion which is not a good thing for a Jedi to feel during a fight (or anyone really). It also was mentioned in their 2nd to last duel that Kanan had been practicing which means while out of shape he is working to get back into form now. A course of action that probably saved his life in the final duel.

I am not sure if Ashoka could beat both but then again what we have to go on about the new guys is next to nothing. I know she can beat the first Inquisitor but these two might be a step up from him, a duo that only works well as a team or actually be weaker than the first hence why their are two. So judging at this point is pointless.

Oh I agree about the sister thing. It was all but said where she ended up as the empire takes a interest in any force potentials and HEY LOOK Palpatine said back in clone wars he for-see's a time when he has a army of force users acting as enforcers or spy's.

I would like to see how Inquisitors are trained and taught the ways of the force, as I am sure at some point the Jedi members of the rebellion know they need to end the source of them, or else fight potentially endless Inquisitors.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@lukehero said:

She's still baby mamma material in my eyes. :D Nice to see she is getting work, but Jesus does Hollywood under-utilize middle age female actresses.

I would get her pregnant

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@titanbreaker: I'll give you that, you are right in noting Kanan stopped being afraid after he thought Ezra died and that did give him the upper hand over The Inquisitor. As for the out of shape practice point, Kanan's practice didn't help him overpower the Inquisitor in their first duel and what's on show in this article demonstrates that Kanan is going to continue having problems with Inquisitors so he won't be becoming much more powerful instantly.

Even Ahsoka as a Padawan has better feats than what Kanan can do thus far, she's been trained for longer and better than Kanan was and she's probably kept up her training into adulthood. I'd be willing to guess that one of Season 2's episodes will have Ahsoka dealing with several of these Inquisitors to show how far she's come. Speculation on my part but Ahsoka is supposed to show up throughout Season 2 so it would be a waste if she didn't fight the Inquisitors.

It was pretty cool to learn that the Inquisitors are the culmination of a plot point that goes all the way back to something Palpatine was planning in The Clone Wars, and you have the "Children of the Force" popping up all over the Empire so obviously the Emperor wants them to be made into Inquisitors.

I think The Inquisitors are going to be the regular antagonists of Rebels as they can be mass produced and dispatched to deal with Jedi or Force threats across the Empire. Though it would be cool if the Rebels cast could find some way of stopping the training of Inquisitors in the future but that won't be for another few seasons if I had to guess.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I like talking about this with you so don't take any of this as you're wrong! as I really enjoy your insight.

Of course Ahsoka is the better fighter, Kanan was a child when order 66 went down and never saw any of the s*it Ahsoka had to deal with through the wars. She had both Anakin and Obi-wan as mentors and friends giving her two of the best jedi in the order as excellent guides. She got to fight Ventress several times and even square off against Grevious one time.

We have been told she will clash with Vader at some point so an Inquisitor might be a waste of time for her and the writers. I doubt she can beat him and the writers gave that impression also but after you go at it with a true sith lord can Inquisitors really hope to match up?

One of the best things about Rebels is that it's own show but also a sequel to Clone Wars and many plot threads and characters are continuing on into Rebels. I would love to see Jedi Temple and how in the new canon it has become Sideous's home. *not expecting that for another season or two if ever*

Yeah I think maybe season 3 would be a good time to go hunting down the Inquisitor training ground. Neither Kanan and Ezra are strong enough to fight multiple of these guys and even if Ashoka is there to back them up I think they would have a domino effect if one of the jedi were injured or killed.

What do you think about Barriss? Want to see her again as an Inquisitor? Many people want it to happen.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: Likewise, you're making interesting points too.

Better fighter, force wielder and more, Ahsoka could probably take Kanan in a fight as a mere Padawan, as an adult she's bound to be better than she was if she's going to have a fight with Vader.

I don't disagree that Ahsoka should lose hard to Vader in a battle but she's likely to do better than Kanan or Ezra did against him. Both of them were untrained and underpowered compared to Ahsoka and Vader toyed with them like a cat playing with a mouse. They can still have at it with Inquisitors as they're much more manageable compared to an actual Sith Lord.

I thought the Jedi Temple was abandoned after the Clones and Vader slaughtered the Jedi inside, when did Palpatine live in the temple? It'd be cool if Palpatine did live there in between ruling the empire, this is just the first I've heard of it.

Season 3 will probably be the point where dealing with the Inquisitors for good is brought up but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney milk Rebels out to Season 4 and have the Inquisitors dealt with in that season.

You mean the Barris theory that's been floating around in this comment section? I'm not sure, I guess I wouldn't mind Barris being an Inquisitor but it's odd that she would be turned into a weapon for fighting the Empire's vendettas.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thankfully, the new season starts in earnest soon. It's been a while. Good to see SMG on the cast now for this season. She's a pro and it's always fun to see her and her hubby on the same show. She's still so very hot, too. I am hoping for a few tie-ins to the Force Awakens in this new season, so I'll be eagerly searching for hints.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I know Palpatine lives there after EP 4 finale as shown in the Darth Vader comic. He now appears to reside their permanently having an office and several facilities for his use, including a torture room. (BIG SHOCK)

I guess he likes the cruel irony? Moving into the enemies strong hold that stood for a thousand years and making it your house? I think many Sith would appreciate the humor in that. When he decided to move in I can't say and It may not have happened at this point. Still as they seem to be hiding him I am gonna take a guess that a big reveal in the flesh is when they want to show Sideous off.

I am glad you noticed Vader was toying with Kanan and Ezra as so many people thought that Vader was being portrayed as a stiff slow poke and that was his best. That moment where he grabbed Kanan's hands and flexed his lightsaber holding arm I swear he was going to impale Kanan right there. Of course he doesn't, just disarms him then throws him away like he was a ragdoll.

Not sure what the season arc for this series is going to be but I hope it is something more than dueling and fighting storm troopers (as much as I enjoy those things) I kind of want this season to be about building the rebel alliance into what we see in the movies. With Hera taking that B-wing out, getting Rex and his clone buddies, and teaming up with Phoenix squadron I am hoping to see more of the rebellion as well as focus on the Ghost crew.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

real-life husband Freddie Prinze Jr

wait, Fred and Daphne are married in real-life? O_O

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
    deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awesome !

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buffy stomps, mismatch.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

It's official: Buffy the Jedi Slayer. xD

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Freddie Prinze Jr. is with The Rebels and Sarah Michelle Gellar is with The Empire. Whose side are you on?

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god i love buffy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.