stmichalofwilson's Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens review

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson

A Reborn Hope

The Star Wars saga continues in this latest installment of the franchise. The Force Awakens is a pure trip to the nostalgia of the original (and in some ways prequel) movies while also bringing forth a new era to a galaxy far, far away.

I am really impressed with what JJ Abrams did. The movie had a nice blend of practical effects while also using a decent amount of CGI. The actors where absolutely wonderful. The new characters were fascinating and the old characters still had that same spark but brought forth new parts of their journey that I believe worked very well.

The movie was it is reminiscent of the original trilogy which was not that bad. The only thing I didn’t like about that idea was the state of the Jedi and Force sensitive beings in the galaxy (history doesn’t need to repeat itself again!). When you see this movie you feel the same vibe that was featured when you watched A New Hope and the Phantom Menace. While that is good I hope that don’t completely try to repeat the same process in the upcoming sequels.

Overall this is a really great movie. It honors everything that came before it and brings a new essence of life to this epic Sci-Fi Fantasy adventure. I look forward to watching what they have next for this trilogy. Pun intended this is a Force to be reckoned with.