You guys realize the movie is going to suck right?

• 79 results
#51 Edited by darthdeadpool (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: I just wouldn't have lead female characters in movies that I like

#52 Posted by RabumAlal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for life_without_progress
#53 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24252 posts) - - Show Bio

Suck the money out of my wallet that is.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#54 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio

Still will be better than having the god of pokemon getting knocked out by a random meteor...or drowned in liquid metal. kek

#55 Edited by Guru_Crack (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: I am not going to say anything until I see the movie. But the other 6 movies aren't exactly 10/10 movies anyways so it only has to get a 7/10 to meet expectations from me. Which shouldn't be too hard, the movie franchise is very week compared to the quality from the comics imo.

#56 Posted by Heatforce (6150 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: you're poop. Who is your avatar by the way it looks so damn familiar.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#57 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by DonatelloRawks (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

@donatellorawks said:
@never_give_up said:

LMFAO

You're a miserable troll.

a lot of people don't understand that the word "troll" is an insult to the recipient of the word. Stealth insult if you would like to classify it.

The word "troll" should be put up with other forum-forbidden insults like "idiot", "moron", "faggot", etc etc

I'm wrong?

#59 Posted by darthdeadpool (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by RabumAlal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by darthdeadpool (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: it's not even sexism, I'm sure women enjoy movies with lead female characters more as well. Why is it such a crime to have preferences?

#62 Posted by RabumAlal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthdeadpool: So many things wrong with what you just said. It is sexism to prefer a male lead over a female one just because you think male actors are better. It would have been sexism other way around as well.

"I'm sure women enjoy movies with lead female characters more as well."

Stupid generalization is stupid. I'm not sure if you are actually serious or just trolling me. Either way it's not funny.

#63 Posted by 90sKid84 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

He was right......it did suck.

#64 Edited by Raizell (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@90skid84: Really? I seen a lot of positive comment about it.

#65 Posted by kgb725 (18748 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#66 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

It was little more than a fun action flick, and that's okay.

#67 Edited by Zarius (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

It was just alright. It's going to be overrated like mad, but it wasn't a stinker.

PS: People once thought Episode I was brilliant once upon a time (except for the guy at the end)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#68 Posted by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes you think that this movie is going to turn out bad? Haven't you read the positive reviews lately? Not to mention, it'll make a lot of money.

Also, you need to watch the movie first. Keep an open mind, then come back and tell us how the movie turned out, rather than judging the trailer.

#69 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

It was everything I expected it to be. It was pretty good. Liked it, didn't love it.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#70 Edited by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I just watched the film and I can say you were wrong. It was great. Though you said after the second film the franchise went downhill after the second film and Return of the Jedi is my favorite, so I guess maybe Ive got bad taste.

#71 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointing. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's good enough to the point where I want to see more BUT I was disappointed, despite having low expectations.

#72 Posted by comicdebater (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes According to the reviews it doesn't. This is an 8.8 on imdb, and in my opinion a 9. It has quite a bit of comedy and action. It is a little bit more violent then the previous movies and was a little bit of a setup. Though the villains will never beat the originals, it is still great. They didn't try to change much and it is amazing. Once you watch it you will be amazed. My opinion was like yours for a day or two, until reading the reviews. It is a great movie and the special effects and props are really cool. I'd give it an A, but I just didn't really like the villains. Honestly, Kylo Ren turned out to be a little lame, and the new "emperor like person", if I may. Plus, they made Phasma pretty dorky. I think this movie's going to be the #1 box-officing movie of all time, surpassing 2 billion. I know it's made about 529 million as of December 22, in the early morning. This is movie is great and form an opinion of your own. Watch it, and you'll enjoy it.

#73 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdebater: i watched it over the weekend. i admit it didnt suck. it was a pretty good movie and it did make me emotinlat one point.

#74 Posted by TheDandyMan (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I just saw it and it didn't suck. I didn't find it spectacular but it seems like a good start and hopefully now that we've got the introductions out of the way the next one can be even better.

#75 Posted by comicdebater (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Yeah, I admit the trailer didn't make it look as cool as it could have been. I think this was like Star Wars Episode 4, which was a set up to Episode 5. Star Wars 7 is probably a setup for Episode 8. If you look at both closely Episode 4 and 7 are quite similar.

#76 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this movie will be the weakest out of all of them.

#77 Posted by 90sKid84 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie sucked, good call OP!

#78 Posted by Spambot (9397 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointing. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's good enough to the point where I want to see more BUT I was disappointed, despite having low expectations.

Exactly how I felt. Didn't have super high expectations(even after seeing it getting great reviews) but walked away somewhat disappointed. Nothing about it screamed great to me. Completely amazed how many people seem to think it was better than ANH.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
#79 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:
@darthaznable said:

Exactly how I felt. Didn't have super high expectations(even after seeing it getting great reviews) but walked away somewhat disappointed. Nothing about it screamed great to me. Completely amazed how many people seem to think it was better than ANH.

Agreed. Watched the original trilogy before seeing it (years since I last watched them), and was blown away by episodes IV and V. Look, they're not perfect, you can find infinite youtube videos pointing out plot holes in any film, but they were just amazing. Episode 7 looked visually refreshing, and had loads of nods to the original series, but really just seemed like a tribute that couldn't stand on his own two feet. I remember watching 'Belated Media' or something on youtube, which reworked the prequels to make them interesting, and I sat there in the cinema doing the same thing for episode 7 in my head. Rey bored me, the big death was nowhere near as moving as it should have been given the circumstances, and I left the cinema completely disinterested in the idea of further sequels. I won't pretend that I'm going to boycott further Star Wars films, but I anticipate them being nothing more than frustrating.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#80 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.