Follow

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Movie » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released on December 18, 2015.

The seventh installment in the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Star Wars, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

The Force Awakens is better than any of the Prequels

• 69 results
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Poll The Force Awakens is better than any of the Prequels (142 votes)

Yes 54%
    No 46%

I think we can agree collectively that it's at least better than the prequels, right?

• 
    Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Spambot

Nothing about twa really stands out as awesome imo other than seeing Luke. Everything else that happened seemed like we had seen before with better characters. RotS had a grand epic feel to it even with emo Anakin and the at times horrible dialogue. You sort of knew what was going to happen but it was still exciting to see how you would get there. TFA was only interesting to get an idea of what the new characters were like and took a little too long to get going. So in my mind rots was far superior to TFA. RotS I have watched like 4-5 times. TFA I'll prob watch once more because there's just not much to it worth seeing again. I get that people liked being liberated from Lucas and it feeling more like an ot movie but it just wasn't that great.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I'll never understand all the hate for the prequels. (By that, I don't want anyone explaining all the reasons they hate the prequels in walls of text...)

At least it seemed like people liked Revenge of the Sith.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Was better.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper said:
    @bannyhaha said:

I'm surprised that the poll is so close. TFA is a true Star Wars movie and it FEELS like a Star Wars movie. None of the prequels felt like Star Wars even though ROTS was decent and necessary for the plot.

from what i have seen most younger people prefer the newer movies to the originals. the force awakens was essentially the same movie as the first one. they are trying to blow up a death star.

Has I saw it, Force Awakens was basically a rip-off of every Star Wars movie ever made.

A droid in a desert like planet holding critical information to the Resistance=Episode 4.

The hero of the story being on said planet=Episode 4

Father, son, issues=Episode 6

A planet destroyer weapon=Episode 4 and 6

The First Order=Empire

BB-8=R2-D2

Rey=Luke

Finn=Han Solo

Kylo Ren trying to be the new Darth Vader and failing miserably.

Snoke=Still a little early but trying to be as imposing and menacing has Sidious but failing. At least in this movie.

Stormtroopers, again.

TI-Fighters, again.

X-Wings, again.

To destroy said planet destroying weapon, the rebels once again had a single spot they could exploit.

Considering what George Lucas originally created and also brought to the table in all the movies, in terms of creativity, Force Awakens could've done much, much better.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than episode 1 and maybe better than episode 2 but that's it. Clone wars had some terrible acting but it also had some awesome parts! Obi wan vs jango was a sick fight also the formation of the clone army, a freaking small army of Jedi led by mace Windu, and also saw Yoda get down and make tyranus run for his life after he owned anakin and obi wan. The prequels had some terrible acting no doubt but if you can ignore those parts and focus on all the good there is you'll find that you still have pretty awesome parts that are also super important to the franchise. I think return of the sith was better than the force awakens

Completely agree.

Comparing the movie with everything done in terms of story and creativity Force Awakens didn't actually brought anything new to the SW universe.

J.J basically made a movie that can only be truly appreciate by people that have only seen the movies. And were expecting a new one for so long, that now that they got it, most people don't see its flaws. Maybe when episode 8 debuts people will start waking up.

To me personally that after the movies, I started following the books and the games, I can't honestly say that Force Awakens is a worthy successor to Return of the Jedi.

Even the name makes little sense compared to previous movies. After all, as we saw in the movie the only 'awakening' that happened was Rey's.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the prequels, it had its problems but it didn't have shoehorned in characters (except Jar Jar) and nonsensical character deaths, I mean it wasn't as boring as Attack of The Clones but 3x as convoluted.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe better than Jar Jar.

Maybe...

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
    Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say it was better than any of them, although honestly the prequels were no where near as bad as most people make them out to be.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@comic_bruh777: you mean Attack Of The Clones. clone Wars was the cartoon which was all kinds of awesome

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the force awakens to be honest.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@fangdanerd said:

I hated the force awakens to be honest.

How comes?

I think its a decent movie objectively speaking, but its complete lack of new ideas makes it feel the most worthless and unnecessary out of all the star wars movies even those that are technically worse films.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FangDaNerd

@stahlflamme:Exactly and i feel like the jokes ruined it for me also and how perfect they made rey like seriously out of nowhere she somehow she knows how to use the force without any training whatsoever.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The smell of pee isn't as bad as the smell of sh*t, but I ain't trying sniff either of them .

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darkdetective27 said:

Definitely, Id say this gets close to the originals.

lol, dat ain't the tune you been singin dez days >:3

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@stahlflamme:Exactly and i feel like the jokes ruined it for me also and how perfect they made rey like seriously out of nowhere she somehow she knows how to use the force without any training whatsoever.

It would have been bearable if she was the only character, but with several characters around whose only purpose was to screw up or be suprised she is good at something its just really annoying. Even Han Solo did literally nothing productive. The guy dies alerting Kylo to their position on the base.And the fact that does work without much trouble pretty much proves it.

Better movie plot:

Kylo attacks the meeting with that old guy Poe and everyone else dies BB8 gets away. Rey finds the robot wants to sell it, because that gives her more personality then not doing the logical thing in her situation and sell the object, Stormtroopers attack she runs on the Millenium Falcon with BB8 she gets away. She finds the location of that bar in the navigational computer flies their gets the light saber. Gets captured by Kylo. Kylo puts the map together with the other pieces he already has talks some about Luke. Rey frees herself. She gets the light saber back and the complete map. The Starkiller base fires and destroys the republic. Rey snaps and uses the dark side, blowing up the commando bridge of the Star Killer base and heavily injures Kylo. Realizes she is afraid of what she just did and decides to look for Luke to teach her properly. Leaves the now disfunctional base flies back to the Falcon and uses the map to go search for Luke.

We're basically at the same point and we did need absolutely nobody except Rey and have a logical reason for her alone to go look for Luke.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fangdanerd said:

It would have been bearable if she was the only character, but with several characters around whose only purpose was to screw up or be suprised she is good at something its just really annoying. Even Han Solo did literally nothing productive. The guy dies alerting Kylo to their position on the base.And the fact that does work without much trouble pretty much proves it.

Better movie plot:

Kylo attacks the meeting with that old guy Poe and everyone else dies BB8 gets away. Rey finds the robot wants to sell it, because that gives her more personality then not doing the logical thing in her situation and sell the object, Stormtroopers attack she runs on the Millenium Falcon with BB8 she gets away. She finds the location of that bar in the navigational computer flies their gets the light saber. Gets captured by Kylo. Kylo puts the map together with the other pieces he already has talks some about Luke. Rey frees herself. She gets the light saber back and the complete map. The Starkiller base fires and destroys the republic. Rey snaps and uses the dark side, blowing up the commando bridge of the Star Killer base and heavily injures Kylo. Realizes she is afraid of what she just did and decides to look for Luke to teach her properly. Leaves the now disfunctional base flies back to the Falcon and uses the map to go search for Luke.

We're basically at the same point and we did need absolutely nobody except Rey and have a logical reason for her alone to go look for Luke.

Agreed

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, it was the same old, same old. I think III was better.

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I know mob is stupid, but I can't believe people dont have the brain capacity to realize that FA=ANH 2.0 fan made version.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.