Phasma = Bobba Fett = Darth Maul

Avatar image for masterdetective
#1 Posted by MasterDetective (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

they look cool and all but in the actual film they do absolutely nothing before getting there butt kicked by the good guys

#2 Posted by rogueshadow (29264 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, Maul killed Qui-Gon, who was pretty much the protagonist in TPM, had Qui-Gon lived, much would have played out differently, Anakin might not have fallen to the dark-side under Qui-Gon's tutelage, Anakin's unique circumstances required a unique mentor in my opinion, which Qui-Gon definitely was. The strict adherence to the Jedi code that Obi-Wan taught wasn't the right style for Anakin, who had grown up a slave with his mother for the first ten years of his life.

It was only because of Boba Fett that Han Solo and the gang were captured in Empire. Without this interference, Luke continues his training on Dagobah and becomes a fully fledged Jedi Knight before Yoda reveals the truth of his parentage and he goes to engage Vader for the first time, plus Han Solo never gets frozen in carbonite and goes to Jabba.

Phasma broke instantly under pressure and was forced to lower the shields, without which the Starkiller base does not get destroyed and D'Qar is destroyed, eliminating the Resistance and characters like Leia, R2 & C-3PO. Phasma was the most useless, she could have been any member of the First Order really and it wouldn't have taken anything from the film.

#3 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8674 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah pretty much what RogueShadow said. Captain Phasma did nothing at all to contribute, except be the butt of jokes.

Avatar image for masterdetective
#4 Posted by MasterDetective (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, Maul killed Qui-Gon, who was pretty much the protagonist in TPM

Qui-Gon obvioulsy wasn't in it

I even suspect he died on purpose

#5 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul is skilled and as stated killed Qui-Gon before he fell, as well as having numerous other comic feats to back him up as a great duelist. Fett is skilled as well, commanding the same respect his clone did, and in Legends Canon leading Mandalore to victory against many skirmishes against the Yuuzvan Vong and aiding his family as well. Phasma is the only one here who seems to be featless in all of this, but I'd argue being held by a wookiee and two dudes with a gun she couldn't do much. I'd say this point her only purpose in TFA was to be the token vagina of the first order troopers.

#6 Posted by rogueshadow (29264 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

I disagree, Maul killed Qui-Gon, who was pretty much the protagonist in TPM

Qui-Gon obvioulsy wasn't in it

I even suspect he died on purpose

I'm not sure what you're saying here, sorry. Qui-Gon wasn't in what?

Qui-Gon didn't let himself be killed, he wished to train Anakin, he had no reason to want to die, I can't see what suggests this would be the case.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#8 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Episode VIII treats her better.

#9 Posted by oopsen (569 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought t was funny how before the movie came out there was an interview of the lady that plays phasma and she was talking about how phasma is the first female villain, pretty much hyping the character up and then bam the super loyal phasma lowers the shields with no resistance and looks like the weakest female villain ever.

#10 Posted by Kundelar (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

I hope Episode VIII treats her better.

I think at this point her character is completely ruined. I find it hard to believe that ANY storm trooper, let alone the glorified Phasma would lower the shields at gunpoint knowing it would kill everyone on the planet. They should have used a random trooper and had Phasma have a good shootout with Han Finn and Chewy before getting wounded but not critically. Nothing they can do in VIII will redeem her completely failed character imo.

#11 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@oopsen: She's prob not supposed to go into detail seeing as how her character will be appearing in the next movie.

#12 Posted by KingWillie (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people not understand that this was basically just an intorduction for Phasma. You people realize there's two more movies coming out right? And numerous spin offs....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingwillie: Possibly the worst introduction in any Star Wars movie

#14 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is your Bobba Fett for film, lol.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.