How would you rate Star Wars episode 7?

• 65 results
Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
Posted by deactivated-57e73afcc9b00 (130 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: How would you rate Star Wars episode 7? (137 votes)

5 Stars 27%
4 Stars 34%
3 Stars 18%
2 Stars 13%
1 Star 9%
#51 Posted by 90sKid84 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie sucked. The only people who love it have to be born after 1990. You millennials have no taste.

#52 Posted by SinisterSoul (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@90skid84 said:

The movie sucked. The only people who love it have to be born after 1990. You millennials have no taste.

If the 84 in your user name is your birth date then you are a millennial like all these other youngsters. The movie was not that great tho.

#53 Posted by Archizooom (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was fine but it didn't blow my socks off or anything. I knew going in that Rey was the new Jedi because someone spoiled it to me, I was really pumped about that character, but, although Daisey Ridley did a reasonably good job, Rey just wasn't a very fun, compelling character, was she. I liked Finn though, liked Kylo Ren and I'm pretty much in love with Poe. That said, there were a LOT of COINCIDENCES for such a big ass galaxy, I mean Finn released Poe - Finn chanced upon Rey - Finn and Rey chanced upon the Millennium Falcon - the Millennium Falcon chanced upon Han Solo - Han Solo, Finn, and Rey chanced upon the Luke's lightsaber...we'll chalk it up to the Force, I guess.

And I kind of wanted more from Captain Phasma

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#54 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to like Finn as much as Mace Windu and Lando, but he ended up being the comic relief like Jar Jar Binks. Instead of being an African-American we could be proud of, he was a running scared clown that was inept and later comatose. He was weak sauce and an utter disappointment. The scene with him getting kicked out of the space hippo's watering hole was a bridge too far. It almost ruined a great movie for me. Four stars.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#55 Posted by turoksonofstone (14903 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave it a D for disney. Screw disney.

#56 Posted by Orrsome28 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpio_cassadine: I hope you are not serious... An 'African-American' you can be proud of? Ha. First off, Africa nor America exist in the Star Wars universe so there's absolutely no relevance at all to the character. Secondly, if you are referring to the actor, John Boyega was born in South London to Nigerian parents. Again, nothing to do with African-Americans...

#57 Posted by vptwarrior (556 posts) - - Show Bio

A- to B+ saw it 3 times.

#58 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

4/5

I had some issues with but its a very solid SW movie all the same.

#59 Posted by Incursion (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

4.5/5 Awesome movie

Avatar image for christianrapper
#60 Posted by christianrapper (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie was great in 3D. however, this movie was basically the same movie as the first one.

#61 Posted by Spambot (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

imo the only truly good thing that can be said about tfa is that it was a star wars movie. Without the force, lightsabers and spaceships it was mediocre at best.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#62 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

@90skid84 said:

You're making a huge generalization there. No need to insult so many people at once.

Avatar image for i_am_lamont_cranston
#63 Posted by I_Am_Lamont_Cranston (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I like how if you don't think the movie was life-altering you're a "hater." But the folks who contend it was the best Hollywood film in the past 50 years and have seen it 23 times in the theaters are just objective viewers realistically critiquing the movie.

3 stars. And I'm being generous because of the strength of the performances. Without them the swiss-cheese plot would have bid me give it 2 stars.

#64 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8674 posts) - - Show Bio

2.5-3 stars

6/10

#65 Edited by Lothar57 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave it 4 stars, I got it was as good as ROTJ imo.

#66 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

3 Stars. Entertaining, decent acting, good cgi. Some plot points and characters we're a bit grating, and other parts could have used better exposition. Also the resemblance to A New Hope and Kylo Ren being Jacen Solo 2.0 and the Empire being reformed, and the Resistance being Rebels 2.0. I mean, you could've brought back some of the OT and still kept the stakes and forces, much more interesting than those things. Snoke could use better things too. I still say he should've never been a hologram, but in the flesh and a nephilim type alien force user. Unless he already is in some ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.