How Powerful Will Kylo Ren and Rey Become?

#1 Posted by LordoftheWorld (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Kylo Ren and Rey appear to be the main force users in the STAR WARS sequel trilogy. We've all crapped on Ren for losing to an untrained scavenger and we still don't know much about Rey.

Kylo is from the Skywalker line (and Rey may very well be), so their potentials could easily rival (but maybe not surpass) Anakin and Luke. So how powerful will they become? Will Kylo become a huge threat when he finishes his training? Is Rey to become one of the most powerful Jedi ever?

I know it's all speculation at this point, but when I hear people talking about how unpoweful both characters are, I just can't help but wonder if they mean in the present tense or forever.

#2 Edited by Spambot (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

Less powerful than Luke and Snoke. Prob along the lines of RotJ Luke though it could be argued they are already there. I don't see them becoming that much more powerful though in terms of what we see them do on screen. Rey will just start acting more like a jedi and carry a lightsaber around with her.

#3 Posted by LordoftheWorld (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking that maybe they would reach not Anakin's full potential, but how powerful he would have become with a little bit of Sith training and no Obi-Wan fight. I think it would end up as Luke > Rey >=Kylo > Snoke. I mean, it's probably going to end up that they're both From the Skywalker line. Skywalkers are powerful.

#4 Posted by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be honest, they will obviously become very powerful. Why? Because of what they can do in Special effects now a days. Kylo stopped a laser mid air. Luke couldn't do that because they couldn't do that on screen back then.

Avatar image for masterdetective
#5 Posted by MasterDetective (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Rey is already the most powerful jedi ever

#6 Posted by Kundelar (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo said:

Let's be honest, they will obviously become very powerful. Why? Because of what they can do in Special effects now a days. Kylo stopped a laser mid air. Luke couldn't do that because they couldn't do that on screen back then.

Every single one of my Luke Skywalker arguments compiled into one post lol.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
#7 Edited by HeavenlyDarkDragon (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordoftheworld:

Seeing how Ren should've leveled the ground with both Finn and Rey, and lost, I don't see Ren becoming that much more powerful.

Most likely Snoke will pull a Sidious move, and use Ren to try and make Rey come to the dark side. Just like Sidious did with Dooku and Anakin.

As for Rey... If she instinctively already knew how to use the Force to that degree. As soon has Luke is done training her, she'll have surpassed Luke.

Which will suck big time. But then again, these are the cards J.J. dealt us.

#8 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Luke and Snoke are the powerhouses going forward. We have already seen Rey and ren so let's see what the older guys can do.

#9 Posted by LordoftheWorld (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think that everyone's underestimating Kylo Ren's obviously sky-high potential. Assuming he and Rey survive the trilogy, when Disney pumps out 10, 11, 12 (because they'll be churning these out until they stop making money), they'll be Luke and Snoke level.

#10 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see any logical reason why Kylo Ren should become significantly more powerful. Considering that Rey fought against Dark Jedi and BEATED him, she will be probably Sidious level.

Avatar image for recreationaldoc
#11 Posted by RecreationalDoc (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for i_am_lamont_cranston
#12 Edited by I_Am_Lamont_Cranston (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know how much more powerful they can make Rey. Maybe have a fourth Deathstar and show her Force pushing it into the Sun? At the rate she's progressing with a week or so of practice she could take Yoda and Palpatine simultaneously.

As for Kylo and Snoke, they do not appear at all threatening to me. Especially after their showing in TFA. I actually pity them more than I fear them. At this point they're kind of the underdogs in the triology. A pitiful resistance force against the huge, all powerful Republic.

#13 Posted by dontevenblink (761 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be awesome to see Rey get to some EU power levels of really destroying things and throwing ships around with the Force. if Kylo started this one off by stopping a plasma blast mid-air and holding it while walking around, then you know they're willing to get more creative with things in the next two. it seems like both of them have a lot of raw potential that could go a long way with who they'll be training with.

#14 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

As powerful as their EU Inspirations aka Jacen and Jaina Solo.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#15 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

Rey = Grandmaster and Chosen one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.