Follow

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Movie » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released on December 18, 2015.

The seventh installment in the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Star Wars, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Force Awakens: Unpatriotic.

• 68 results
    Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Two sentences is what qualifies as long winded on message boards nowadays jr? ok then. All I understand is how victimized you were once I called you out for wanting to do nothing but stir up drama because a few people weren't at all impressed with the new sw movie. Sorry if you can't handle online criticism of things you like but there's really nothing left to be said here other than you are struggling to try and think I was so upset by something you said because that is all you can hope to have gained out of our interaction which is pretty sad and pathetic but to each their own. I will stand by everything I've said on here about tfa no matter how much it upsets people such as yourself. Deal with it, get over it and move on already. Enough time has been wasted with this nonsense already.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Can't people criticize something without that meaning it was terrible? Its not like this was just some run of the mill drama here. It was the first of a third trilogy of sw movies that were also the first to be done without being under the hand of George Lucas. Why do people have such a problem with some people not being blown away by what was a pretty weak rehash of a movie Lucas already made? Also, box office alone never made any movie great in and of itself. Box office has a lot to do with the amount of hype a movie receives.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If you liked the movie it doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you liked a movie that apparently a lot of people liked. If you didn't like the movie, it doesn't mean you're smarter or more cynical than those that did, it just means you have a differing opinion.

Personally, I liked it, its not the best Star Wars movie or the worst. It was a pretty good pop corn flick which is all I expected it to be. Could have been better but it also could've been far worse. If you like it, good for you, if not thats fine too. There's no reason to freak out, its just a movie.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you liked the movie it doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you liked a movie that apparently a lot of people liked. If you didn't like the movie, it doesn't mean you're smarter or more cynical than those that did, it just means you have a differing opinion.

Personally, I liked it, its not the best Star Wars movie or the worst. It was a pretty good pop corn flick which is all I expected it to be. Could have been better but it also could've been far worse. If you like it, good for you, if not thats fine too. There's no reason to freak out, its just a movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats scary is that some people think its worse than the prequels

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was a good enough movie on its own, and showed that SW can be redeemed from the godawful decade of prequel filth. Sure it copied the OT and sprinkled the EU, but it was very enjoyable.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion: how could it be worse? as a subjective statement that makes no sense...........................at all.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion: i know that, I'm just adding that any sensible human would never have that thought cross their mind.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By acer51

@soldierofel said:

@penderor: I can because I've seen it. I repeat my past comment, except for the internet, I've yet to see one person moan about the film. I've yet to hear one person say it's a rehash or that Rey is a so called "Mary Sue" [one of the more ridiculous criticisms IMO] or that Kylo Ren was a whiny emo. Maybe the circle of friends and family that I have, have all been brainwashed. Or maybe they universally loved the film unabashedly.

Definition of a Mary Sue (Source, TV Tropes):

The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character who obviously serves for the purpose of Wish Fufilment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author's favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series.

This character prototype has existed since long before Rey came around, and as charismatic and beautiful as Daisy Ridley is, it doesn't remove the fact that her character fits this prototype like a glove.

Also....

No Caption Provided

Who blew up the Death Star? Captain Phasma.

Who died a heroes death fighting PIS guzzling traitors? This brave and valiant Stormtrooper.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I didn't read any of that.. what does Star Wars have to do with American Patriotism?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an unapologetic grab for cash, whats more American than that?

lol!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good movie. Sure it was a semi carbon copy of the OT themes and had bits of EU sprinkled about....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@acer51: To be fair Boba Fett never did s**t (In canon) to deserve his rep either.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: True enough, but he never actively contributed to the detriment of the Empire.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.