Follow

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Movie » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released on December 18, 2015.

The seventh installment in the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Star Wars, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Force Awakens: Unpatriotic.

• 68 results
    acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By acer51

Anyone who believes that The Force Awakens was a good movie is either IN DENIAL or is a PAID DISNEY SHILL.

What I saw today was UN-AMERICAN. Absolutely unacceptable. In every possible way. I do not recommend going to see it. I wish I could have my money back.

All these good reviews you're seeing are PAID SHILLS. Don't listen to them.

---SPOILER ALERT AHEAD---

So we start out on this Planet called Jakku(totally not Tatooine) where we have one of the top rebel pilots on a secret mission to find information which will lead them to where Luke Skywalker is hiding. Because for some reason, instead of leading the fight against the last remnants of the Empire, Luke has decided to pull a Yoda and go sit on a planet and think about how butthurt he is.

Anyway, this pilot named Poe manages to get a hold of the secret information on where Luke is hiding, which doesn't make much sense because why would Luke leave a map of where he's going? Anyway, suddenly Kylo Ren appears to stop Poe and retrieve the data on Luke.

I'm going to point out here, that Kylo Ren made an incredible badass entrance. He uses the force to suddenly stop a blaster bolt in MID-AIR and almost freezes time in this little area. It was so cool, and when he walks away the blaster-bolt finally unfreezes, which showcases a level of force-power that completely disappears in the later half of the movie. But more on that in a bit.

Before Kylo Ren captures Poe, we see him give a little data chip to the orange ball-droid. Totally not ripping off the time R2-D2 and C3PO had to traverse a desert and hopefully run into someone that would help them.

Meanwhile, Finn is a Stormtrooper who randomly and for little reason whatsoever breaks all the indoctrination he has gone through and decides to betray his programming and help Poe escape. They crash land back on not-tatooine and Finn ends up finding Rey who has conveniently found the orange balldroid.

They almost immediately SEEM to fall in love the way Anna fell in love with that random Prince in Frozen, she trusts for absolutely no reason that Finn is who he says he is and they decide to go off and save the Galaxy together, but OH NO the Empire is after them, so they randomly find the Millennium Falcon which just happens to be there for no reason at all.

They quickly fly away and have a fight with some Tie Fighters and this is where things get weird.

Han Solo and Chewbacca manage to find them, and their entrance is really very sudden and explained with a few lines about how they've been looking for the Millennium falcon for a while. Anyway, before we know it, a bunch of space pirates with scottish accents or whatever have suddenly boarded their ship, and it's not clear how they managed to board. But it doesn't matter because the accidentally freed monsters end up killing all the pirates and they escape in the Millennium Falcon.

Meanwhile we have it casually announced in a meeting between Kylo Ren and Snoke that Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son, which makes me feel nothing because everything is just so convoluted at this point that I'm having trouble following(who is snoke anyway, why does he look like Voldemort and why should we care about him?)

Then we get back to the rebel base and we get some decent scenes where Leia and Han talk, but it's also really weird because we now know that they have this son who we have NO knowledge about that turned to the Dark Side, and now they're talking about him as if this has been going on for a while.

It's also announced that there's a big mega-death star weapon, but that's okay because it, like all the other death star weapons it has an easily exploitable weakness.

So Han Solo, Finn and Rey go to lower the shields.

and who lowers the shields for them?

Brienne of Tarth commander of stormtroopers does nothing the whole movie and then betrays her army by taking down shield generator.

Pisses me off and it should piss you off too.

Then I get to watch Kylo Ren kill Han Solo, at this point I felt nothing so I don't know what to tell you. There was hardly any emotion or dedication, so I could only hate Kylo, I just don't know.

Then we see Kylo Ren, who had earlier frozen a blaster bolt and displayed immense power, get almost get beaten by a guy who has never wielded a lightsaber in his life, and has absolutely no skill with use in the force.

Then he gets his ass beat by Rey, who despite discovering some of her force power ALSO has absolutely no skill or knowledge of how to wield a lightsaber, and struggled to use a blaster just a couple hours prior.

Anyway.

Last minute destruction of mega-death star occurs, and then we see Rey make her way to find Luke.

I should have been mourning Hans death at this point still but oh well. It doesn't matter.

None'a this matters.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spambot

I agree for the most part. People who say its a better remake of ANH have completely lost their minds. It was a weak remake of ANH and not better than RotS either. Way too much pis going on and too many characters treating the movie like they were in a sitcom.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part I agree with you.

Even the name itself. At least the name of the other movies held a deep meaning for the entire movie. The title basically explained the direction of each movie. In Force Awakens, what does it really awakes!? Rey! Her powers that up until that moment hadn't manifested in any way that we know of, out of nowhere awakens.

True that the story revolves mainly around Rey, the only character salvageable from this debacle, they call a movie.

Force Awakens is not a great movie, it's not even a good movie, it's a nice movie.

Force Awakens is not the worthy successor to Return of the Jedi.

Force Awakens manages to reduce all the events from New Hope to Return of the Jedi, to a big waste of time. The Empire just changed name from the Empire to the First Order. Luke that was handed down the torch from Yoda to rebuild the academy and fulfill his true potential in the Force, lets his nephew destroy everything he was creating, and instead of trying once again, and make a difference, goes off to exile and spends the next we don't know how many years, in water planet in some islands.

When they first mentioned Luke and how he went in search of the first Jedi Temple. I had high hopes he had not only found it, but he had decided to build a new Jedi Order, one that would be independent from the Republic. And that in the end we'd see the academy and all the Jedi masters, knights and padawans that he had in the academy. But nooooo... He was just in exile doing nothing.

Also this movie brought nothing new. J.J. basically did to Star Wars what Brian Singer did to Superman, in Superman Returns. J.J. created a movie for the movie fans. And not a movie for the true hardcore fans, that have been since Return of the Jedi, been buying the books, the games, basically everything SW related.

They managed to has incredible as it might seem, do a terrible job compared with the stories of the Expanded Universe.

They shouldn't even be talking about episode 8 and 9. They should do another episode 7. One that movie fans and all SWU fans could really appreciate.

I'd call James Cameron, and give him full creative and story control.

After this movie J.J won't be able to do a better movie. Already made too many mistakes in Force Awakens to fix them in a future movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about the movie being unpatriotic or whatever and your analysis had a few flaws imo. But I agree, this movie was just okay. It was a rehash of A New Hope and it didn't really bring anything new. I really don't see how anyone could think this overhyped nostalgia mess was better than the original trilogy or A New Hope.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look here 3 whiners. You are entitled to your opinions but you are clearly in the minority when it comes to this film.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Being in the minority doesn't make you wrong. I think most people are still wearing blinders or were born around the time the prequels came out and never got to see a sw movie in a theater. People want it to be a great movie(as I did when I went to see it) but it just had a lot of failings. It wasn't terrible but wasn't anything that great.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

How's it unpatriotic?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

It was an unapologetic grab for cash, whats more American than that?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Doesn't make you right either. Opinions are like assholes we all have one. With that said a large majority of people feel this movie is great so a few people disagreeing with their opinions doesn't mean squat. There hasn't been a perfect film made in history nor will there ever be. Everyone has different tastes doesn't make yours or mine better.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spambot

@lone_wolf_and_cub: When did I say that my opinions are intrinsically right? You are the one who made the statement about people in this thread being in the minority which was inferring that by virtue of being so we must be wrong. Newsflash for you here dude, the internet is in large part a place for people to state their opinions on things. Here on a TFA message board, don't act so shocked that there are actually people giving their opinions on the movie, both good and critical of it. Get over it. There are plenty of valid reasons for being critical of it as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ah, Comic Vine, never change in your ability to take a near universally loved film and turn it into a pile of crap that people should feel ashamed for watching and enjoying.
    Ah, Comic Vine, never change in your ability to take a near universally loved film and turn it into a pile of crap that people should feel ashamed for watching and enjoying.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spambot

@soldierofel: Its obviously not a universally loved movie. Stop creating a narrative that only exists in your mind. I made a poll on it and it has yet to get a 5 star review on it so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Because the fact it's got a 94% on rotten tomatoes and legions of fans hailing it as one of the greats isn't good enough? As long as we've got the vocal minority that hated it, that's all that mattered. I respect your right to having an opinion but don't think that because you got a few people moaning about it means that it was a bad film. I've yet to meet one person that hated the film. I've yet to meet one person that had any problem with it. Hell I've yet to meet one person that thought the characters were bad. That clearly tells me that this opinion is in the minority. I've seen it twice in the cinema. A friend of mine has seen it four times. It's clearly done well and people are enjoying it. All I'm saying is that comic vine has a nasty habit of taking liked films and making them bad because they have a certain opinion. If you didn't like the film, bully for you, I hope the next one can some how live to your mighty expectations but right now you and others with the same opinion are in the minority. Can't you let us revel in the fact that we're happy?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: My voicing my opinion has nothing to do with you nor is it convince you of anything. Also a 94 on rotten tomatoes just means 94 out of 100 people give it a thumbs up. Which means on a scale of 1 to 10 they are basically giving it a 6 or higher. A 6 doesn't mean someone loves the movie. As I already said above, the review poll I made has gotten over 20 votes so far and not a single person gave it a 5/5 yet. Also, my choosing to be somewhat critical of it is hardly keeping anyone else from reveling in it as you say above. No one is forcing you to read anything I or anyone else says about it. You are choosing to read what we write. How can anything I say about it magically make it a bad movie? It is what it is. ffs, if you don't want to read other people's opinions on it then just avoid this board. Its not my job to censor myself on the internet on behalf of all the people who can't handle reading my opinions about comics or movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Dude, I never said you can't have your opinion, I'm just saying that it gets a bit tiring seeing people get angry over random stuff. I read this because I thought it was a weird title and unless the OP is being sarcastic, people are either being blind or simply in denial to liking the film. And that poll might not have Five stars yet but I could fine ten or twenty people that would give it a five out of five or a ten out of ten. You have every right to express your opinion, I just personally find it depressing when people have to find something to dislike. Some of the so called "criticisms" make me laugh. It reminds me of the fact that I didn't like Mad Max Fury Road and ranked it as my worst film of 2015 but I don't go ranting and raving about it. That's just me. I realize that no one else is like that so this sort of thing surprises me.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: You say I can have my opinion while at the same time before that basically begging me to not say anything critical about the movie. Honestly, if you are that sensitive about others people's opinions about things you like then just avoid boards like this one. Its not like I hated tfa. I simply feel it had some major flaws. I was hoping for the best even but to me it just wasn't anything special, especially for the first new sw movie in like 12 years. I see it much like you and I both saw Fury Road, basically as just a rehash of older movies from those franchises done with weaker characters.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its weird that people are complaining that a star wars movie is a rehash, the original was a hodge podge of rip offs. They ripped off John Carter of Mars, Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon and like 10 other pulp sci fi serials from the 30s 40s and 50s. If fact the only reason it got made in the first place is because Lucas couldn't get the rights to Flash Gordon.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: For someone who doesn't care you seem to care an awful lot about this movie. So much so you had to make a poll to see if others were going to rate it below 5 stars like yourself. Lmfao. Millions of people love this movie but a few agree with you on a CV poll and you think that matters? You crack me up bro. Like I said before no movie is perfect. Sure this movie has flaws. What movie doesn't? But at the end of the day most people love this movie and that's a fact. Numbers never lie.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Of course its unamerican, its in a galaxy far far away....duh

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Stop assuming ridiculous things about me dude. First, I made the poll before I had even seen the movie. Second, just because I am pointing out some criticisms of the movie doesn't mean I care anymore than anyone who'd been waiting to see the movie for the last year or so. Its just disposable entertainment. Also, as I said already idk how many times, the consensus opinion on the movie definitely falls short of everyone loving it. Not a single 5 star vote on the poll I made. So while it is generally well received its silly to say everyone is loving it. Why my opinion of the movie matters to you at all idk but you have pretty much gone out of your way to make it clear that other people's opinions matter way too much to you. If people want to criticize the movie just let them. Don't act like you were appointed the internet police and can't tolerate any criticism of a movie you thought was so great.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#21 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: So it isn't weird, disappointing, or stupid that this star wars movie was a rehash of a star wars movie? Yes you read that right. A star wars movie being a rehash of a star wars movie. I wouldn't call star wars a rip off of other things. People take inspiration from other things all the time to create new things. It's art. And saying it got made only because Lucas couldn't get the rights to Flash Gordon is a pretty bold statement, pretty out there in fact.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: The Flash Gordon thing is literally the reason George Lucas gave for why he made Star Wars, its not a bold statement, its a well known fact that has been brought up a few million times.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spambot

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Stop coming into threads and whining because other people have an opinion you don't like then acting like a victim. You are nothing but a drama queen. You can justify it any way you want but you came into this thread for no other reason than to stir up drama by name calling.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I don't have a problem with people criticizing the film, but I didn't see much criticism in the OP. You basically just rehashed the plot and made some snarky comments.

Finn "randomly" breaks his indoctrination? As soon as he saw the First Order's true nature and rejected it. What's random about that?

It's not explained how the pirates board Han's ship. So? Was it ever explained in A New Hope how shooting a control panel closes blast doors? No! Because nobody cares about these types of details except people who are desperately trying to find things to nitpick.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51 said:

Anyone who believes that The Force Awakens was a good movie is either IN DENIAL or is a PAID DISNEY SHILL.

What I saw today was UN-AMERICAN. Absolutely unacceptable. In every possible way. I do not recommend going to see it. I wish I could have my money back.

All these good reviews you're seeing are PAID SHILLS. Don't listen to them.

---SPOILER ALERT AHEAD---

So we start out on this Planet called Jakku(totally not Tatooine) where we have one of the top rebel pilots on a secret mission to find information which will lead them to where Luke Skywalker is hiding. Because for some reason, instead of leading the fight against the last remnants of the Empire, Luke has decided to pull a Yoda and go sit on a planet and think about how butthurt he is.

Anyway, this pilot named Poe manages to get a hold of the secret information on where Luke is hiding, which doesn't make much sense because why would Luke leave a map of where he's going? Anyway, suddenly Kylo Ren appears to stop Poe and retrieve the data on Luke.

I'm going to point out here, that Kylo Ren made an incredible badass entrance. He uses the force to suddenly stop a blaster bolt in MID-AIR and almost freezes time in this little area. It was so cool, and when he walks away the blaster-bolt finally unfreezes, which showcases a level of force-power that completely disappears in the later half of the movie. But more on that in a bit.

Before Kylo Ren captures Poe, we see him give a little data chip to the orange ball-droid. Totally not ripping off the time R2-D2 and C3PO had to traverse a desert and hopefully run into someone that would help them.

Meanwhile, Finn is a Stormtrooper who randomly and for little reason whatsoever breaks all the indoctrination he has gone through and decides to betray his programming and help Poe escape. They crash land back on not-tatooine and Finn ends up finding Rey who has conveniently found the orange balldroid.

They almost immediately SEEM to fall in love the way Anna fell in love with that random Prince in Frozen, she trusts for absolutely no reason that Finn is who he says he is and they decide to go off and save the Galaxy together, but OH NO the Empire is after them, so they randomly find the Millennium Falcon which just happens to be there for no reason at all.

They quickly fly away and have a fight with some Tie Fighters and this is where things get weird.

Han Solo and Chewbacca manage to find them, and their entrance is really very sudden and explained with a few lines about how they've been looking for the Millennium falcon for a while. Anyway, before we know it, a bunch of space pirates with scottish accents or whatever have suddenly boarded their ship, and it's not clear how they managed to board. But it doesn't matter because the accidentally freed monsters end up killing all the pirates and they escape in the Millennium Falcon.

Meanwhile we have it casually announced in a meeting between Kylo Ren and Snoke that Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son, which makes me feel nothing because everything is just so convoluted at this point that I'm having trouble following(who is snoke anyway, why does he look like Voldemort and why should we care about him?)

Then we get back to the rebel base and we get some decent scenes where Leia and Han talk, but it's also really weird because we now know that they have this son who we have NO knowledge about that turned to the Dark Side, and now they're talking about him as if this has been going on for a while.

It's also announced that there's a big mega-death star weapon, but that's okay because it, like all the other death star weapons it has an easily exploitable weakness.

So Han Solo, Finn and Rey go to lower the shields.

and who lowers the shields for them?

Brienne of Tarth commander of stormtroopers does nothing the whole movie and then betrays her army by taking down shield generator.

Pisses me off and it should piss you off too.

Then I get to watch Kylo Ren kill Han Solo, at this point I felt nothing so I don't know what to tell you. There was hardly any emotion or dedication, so I could only hate Kylo, I just don't know.

Then we see Kylo Ren, who had earlier frozen a blaster bolt and displayed immense power, get almost get beaten by a guy who has never wielded a lightsaber in his life, and has absolutely no skill with use in the force.

Then he gets his ass beat by Rey, who despite discovering some of her force power ALSO has absolutely no skill or knowledge of how to wield a lightsaber, and struggled to use a blaster just a couple hours prior.

Anyway.

Last minute destruction of mega-death star occurs, and then we see Rey make her way to find Luke.

I should have been mourning Hans death at this point still but oh well. It doesn't matter.

None'a this matters.

I quite I disagree about duo finding the Falcon, but otherwise...

No Caption Provided

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Penderor

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Oh look here 3 whiners. You are entitled to your opinions but you are clearly in the minority when it comes to this film.

Because the Lion tends to act when he doesn't like something. Sheep simply follows the mass opinion.

@soldierofel

Out of 100 people in the cinema, three of them were clapping in the end of the movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: And your point is? In Britain people rarely clap a film. It's like considered disrespectful so it's never happened when I've seen a truly loved movie. In the theatre, I go to you can be ejected if you're too loud. It's the same in Japan. Yet I have yet to meet one person that didn't like the film. Hell I've yet to meet one person that hated AOU. Doesn't change the fact that people were still laughing and enjoying the film.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Penderor

@soldierofel said:

@penderor: And your point is? In Britain people rarely clap a film. It's like considered disrespectful so it's never happened when I've seen a truly loved movie. In the theatre, I go to you can be ejected if you're too loud. It's the same in Japan. Yet I have yet to meet one person that didn't like the film. Hell I've yet to meet one person that hated AOU. Doesn't change the fact that people were still laughing and enjoying the film.

My point is that you cant be serious about this universally loved movie shite.

Czechs clap to movie when its good. People dont clap. I for example consider disrespectful to lure me into Star Wars VII and then let me watch Star Wars episode IV reworked version.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so they did in fact use some themes from a New Hope, but the characters were very different from the original trilogy ones and that made the movie unique from the other Star Wars films. Also, I actually liked these characters unlike the hollow corpses that made up the prequel trilogy, so I assume if you hate this episode so much you probably debated hanging yourself after episodes I II and III. I agree there were some major plot holes but it was the best SW outside of the original trilogy imo, and Abrams did a good job of reviving the series after Lucas took three massive shits and put them on the big screen for every SW after ROTJ. Overall, I thought it was good and had a strong Star Wars feel to it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

There is no such thing as "un-american"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: I can because I've seen it. I repeat my past comment, except for the internet, I've yet to see one person moan about the film. I've yet to hear one person say it's a rehash or that Rey is a so called "Mary Sue" [one of the more ridiculous criticisms IMO] or that Kylo Ren was a whiny emo. Maybe the circle of friends and family that I have, have all been brainwashed. Or maybe they universally loved the film unabashedly.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: I can because I've seen it. I repeat my past comment, except for the internet, I've yet to see one person moan about the film. I've yet to hear one person say it's a rehash or that Rey is a so called "Mary Sue" [one of the more ridiculous criticisms IMO] or that Kylo Ren was a whiny emo. Maybe the circle of friends and family that I have, have all been brainwashed. Or maybe they universally loved the film unabashedly.

Or maybe, you are horrible movie critic.

Avatar image for mollydanger2210
    MollyDanger2210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars.

The most overvalued, overrated and disgustingly puffed-up piece of popular fiction ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Well, I'm not a movie critic and for films I have a simple outlook. Now you can take it however you like but I'm sure you'll assume I'm some unintelligent moron but such is the internet's reaction to a positive opinion. Anyway, when it comes to films I have two lines of thinking: If the film is fun and whisks me away to a world of wonder for two and half hours, then it is an awesome and fantastic film which I will buy on DVD later. If the film is boring and puts me close to sleep, then I don't believe I'd be watching it ever again neither will I bore anyone on why it so troubled me. On the subject, why would me being a supposed bad critic make my friends and family's opinion on a film wrong? Isn't opinion on film subjective? Therefore them enjoying the film and you not is simply a difference of opinion. It's not supposed to be argued either as we are all allowed an opinion. What's the point of wasting time trying to change someone's opinion on a film or making them feel like morons for enjoying it? If someone enjoys it then why bother trying to change their mind. Seems trivial to me, personally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Ok maybe you're right. But why does that matter? Star Wars became it's own thing and evolved after the first movie. So what is your point?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: No one would confuse you for a wolf brah. You thinking your opinion means more than anyone else's is laughable.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Well, I'm not a movie critic (You've became one in the moment you started to argue here) and for films I have a simple outlook. Now you can take it however you like but I'm sure you'll assume I'm some unintelligent moron (you said this not me) but such is the internet's reaction to a positive opinion (can be, but its not the point here). Anyway, when it comes to films I have two lines of thinking: If the film is fun and whisks me away to a world of wonder for two and half hours, then it is an awesome and fantastic film which I will buy on DVD later. If the film is boring and puts me close to sleep, then I don't believe I'd be watching it ever again neither will I bore anyone on why it so troubled me. On the subject, why would me being a supposed bad critic make my friends and family's opinion on a film wrong? Isn't opinion on film subjective? Therefore them enjoying the film and you not is simply a difference of opinion. It's not supposed to be argued either as we are all allowed an opinion. What's the point of wasting time trying to change someone's opinion on a film or making them feel like morons for enjoying it? If someone enjoys it then why bother trying to change their mind. Seems trivial to me, personally.

I am not trying to say its bad you liked the movie. I just want to know what the hell was good at it.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Penderor

@penderor: No one would confuse you for a wolf brah. You thinking your opinion means more than anyone else's is laughable.

You said that not me. And its quite offensive you know?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Again, I fail to see how I am a film critic. I don't write reviews nor do I share any large scale opinion. The biggest opinion I have about TFA is that it was a stunning film. That's not a critics review. And the unintelligent comment is just something I'm used to, especially on the Vine. If you like something without seeing the supposed flaws, you're normally called blind or simple minded. But if I was to give you reasons as to why I or others loved the film, you would respond with counter-arguments which I wouldn't personally see. Obviously they're your opinions that I don't share but you are welcome to them. If I said something like Kylo Ren was a awesome villain, you'd probably say he was a whiny man child. If I said Rey was a cool character, you'd probably say she was a Mary Sue. Again I don't see any of those. I even brought it up to a bunch of friends who basically did a double take and said. "What's a Mary Sue?" It was kinda funny. None of them hated or even thought Kylo Ren lashing out at with his lightsaber was teenager like. In my eyes the film was fun, emotional at parts and overall a thrill ride worthy of the Star Wars title. In my opinion it stands right up there with Empire Strikes Back. But I am prepared for you to be upset with that.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Sorry I hurt your feelings. Is that you George Lucas?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Spambot

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Is this you being a drama queen again? Seems that it is. I will go on criticizing TFA to my heart's content no matter how much it seems to irritate you. In fact, its sort of fun to see how much it annoys certain people like you who can't handle their precious new sw movie being a weak remake of ANH. Good day to you sir.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Lmfao. Wow you are salty. Need a tissue?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Spambot

@lone_wolf_and_cub: The salt is only as real as you imagine it to be. Good day to you sir.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Spambot

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Is there something I'm supposed to be mad about in your mind? You came to this thread trying to act all smug because you couldn't handle a few people being critical of a movie and then acted all victimized after I replied to you. I've been involved in about 10 exchanges on here that I cared about more than your little victim routine since it happened. I don't really care about any of those either. The new sw was a weak movie. Get over it already and move on with your life. Its not my fault that JJ Abrams got the new trilogy off to a bad start. Hopefully the next one will have at least a shred of originality to it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: My point is that the franchise was literally founded on rehashing.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By CitizenSentry

LOL at all the people whining about how TFA is Terrible...

94% - Rotten Tomatoes

81% - Metacritic

4/5 - The Guardian

7/10 - Cinema blend

8.5/10 - IMDB

100/100 - CineVue

Not to mention the fact that it is the fastest movie to ever accumulate $1 billion.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: It's easy for anyone in this thread to look through your posts and see how rustled you are. But by all means keep making long winding whining rants George. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.