Follow

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Movie » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released on December 18, 2015.

The seventh installment in the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Star Wars, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Finn question (spoilers)

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
    sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

On a non in-story note, it would be SMART to have him become a Jedi. I've been seeing slot of posts bashing the movie for being unoriginal, but a solid majority seem to think nepotism is the only way the force "which flows through all things" is the only way the "super power" can be obtained, and makes sense. Forgetting the the Jedi were in large and part an entire religion spanning an entire galaxy.

The notion that ONLY a Skywalker should be able to do this is what I find funny.

On an in-story note, misdirection aside, Kylo-Ren and Finn had some interesting Stare downs.

1. At the village. He stopped dead in his tracks to look at the Storm trooper. He then says nothing to the trooper's commander about the insubordination. Just takes a mental note. Hmmmm.

2.the first meeting we have with Smoke he mentions the awakening that he and Ren have felt. This is almost immediately after the village incident. Before we meet Rey, and before She knows anything about the force.

3. When Poe escapes with the aid of some inside help, Ren already knows which one. By number. Again, after the evil pep talk, but before Rey.

4. They exchange intense looks when they are both out of helmet. How does Ren KNOW that the person he's looking at is FN 2187?

5. Finn tossing the training droid while looking for first aid stuff.

6.Maz seems to know of more about his situation. That crawl across the table didn't have be do e for emotional effect. That's fore shadowing.

I copied and pasted this from some forum but it makes sense

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CitizenSentry

How about you use the spoiler tool for people who haven't seen the movie....

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

I agree, it's just plot armor.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

FRAKKING SPOILERS!

Change the damn title.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't this topic have a spoiler in it?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're afraid of spoilers don't click on a Star Wars episode 7 thread lol,

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're afraid of spoilers don't click on a Star Wars episode 7 thread lol,

The spoiler is IN THE TITLE!

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@squalleon: LOL... Sorry I missed that XD. Since I have seen SWs I guess it went over my head.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc@renchamp Can you remove this thread or change the title?

@squalleon: LOL... Sorry I missed that XD. Since I have seen SWs I guess it went over my head.

Its not your fault.I was so close to seeing it without being spoiled, so close.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope he is.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gammageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gammageek

I'd like to think that he is - I would really like to see Finn eventually become a Jedi. It would be awesome if the mental conditioning and training of The New Order's new storm troopers somehow suppressed it until he had to do something truly dark side-esque. But it could just as easily be that Finn was really freaked out, his emotions were off the chart...it was apparent to us as spectators, but it would have especially stood out to Kylo who was used to sensing the disposition of storm troopers on a mission. So it could go either way. Rationale # 2 is the point that gives me the most hope. How could Rey have had an awakening before she even knew the force was real and thought that Luke Skywalker was only a legend?

" 2.the first meeting we have with Smoke he mentions the awakening that he and Ren have felt. This is almost immediately after the village incident. Before we meet Rey, and before She knows anything about the force."

I know that this is a little off topic - but Kylo seems to be kind of a joke. He started off pretty bad ass, but between his temper tantrums and getting his butt handed to him by a fledgling force user (powerful as she may be) with ZERO training? Tsk...tsk...Grandfather would be very disappointed. Lol.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I definitely think Finn is force sensitive, which was why he was taken as a child and why he could step up to Ren.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dan12456

I hope so. I definitely want more than one jedi in this trilogy.

sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasukemilesmorales: I'd be cool with that. Rey is the new star jedi while Finn is the beginning of the rank and file Jedi Order being rebuilt.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AlphaQ

He also seemed to sense the outcry when the Starkiller base was fired.

sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: IM really hopng he is a jedi

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw no reason to think Finn is a Force user.

What I did see was a lot misleading. And most people bought into that, like it was Black Friday (no pun intended).

Let's go from start to finish.

When Kylo Ren stopped and looked directly at Finn, it was most likely because he knew that Finn of all the Stormtroopers, hadn't fired a single shot, nor he executed any of the villagers.

When Snoke mentions a Force Awakening, Rey had already been introduced, and we had that scene where she was earing something but saw nothing.

Finn not at any moment showed any Force ability. The fact that he was able to wield a lightsaber doesn't make him a Force user. Remember that he almost got himself killed by that Stormtrooper with the shock weapon hadn't Han saved his ass.

So Finn was good at shooting ships out of the sky. One doesn't need to be a Force user to be good at using weapons. Han was no Force user and still he was an awesome shooter.

Finn didn't felt Rey was in trouble, he had to see her being carried away by Kylo Ren. He only ran back because he saw and heard the ships arriving.

I know why people want Finn to be a Force user. People want him to be become a Jedi so he and Rey can pair up more easily. Also it would be more easy for Luke to rebuild the Jedi Order if he had two apprentices to train instead of just Rey.

But has I see it, Finn will most likely become the new Han Solo.

The movie even hinted as such.

Think about it for a second.

- Han never wanted to be a part of the Resistance= Finn also never wanted to become part of the Resistance

- Han was an excellent pilot and fighter even without the Force= Finn just needs to learn how to pilot a ship, because as weapons go he's got most of it covered.

- It fell upon Han to be the comic relief= Finn also was the comic relief in this movie

And to hope Finn needs to become a Jedi to become interesting, it's the same as saying he was uninteresting this time around.

sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I thought that finnwas very Interesting this time around. I just feel like if he was a jedi it would take the story in an interesting direction. Plus I wanna see Finn get revenge on Kylo Ren using the force

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very likely he might have some latent force abilities but of course people will knock it.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasukemilesmorales:

Rey is already enough of a mystery to keep the story interesting.

And Finn doesn't need to be a Force user to get even at Ren.

I see Finn and Rey being like Satele Shan and that Republic trooper in the second trailer of SW The Old Republic.

In the long run I believe it would be better and work better.

If they both became Jedi's, then one would most likely fall to the dark side, namely Finn. Because like Yoda said: "Attachments lead to jealousy" and Luke would most likely oppose a relationship between Rey and Finn, and that opposition could drive Finn to the dark side. And maybe take Kylo place has Snoke apprentice.

So to me, if Finn remains a non Force user and Rey becomes a Jedi, their dynamic would be more balanced.

sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasukemilesmorales:

If they both became Jedi's, then one would most likely fall to the dark side, namely Finn. Because like Yoda said: "Attachments lead to jealousy" and Luke would most likely oppose a relationship between Rey and Finn, and that opposition could drive Finn to the dark side. And maybe take Kylo place has Snoke apprentice.

I think this would be amazing!

plus I feel like he is a force sensitive

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll probably be like canon Leia, force sensitive but he won't do anything with it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Finn was none of things. If they didnt want to originally kill off Poe he would be Han Solo and still probably is going into the sequels. BB-8 is the comic relief for the most part and Finn only had that 1 scene with Phasma.

Maz looked deep into his eyes to see something besides his obvious fear. I'm not saying he's a Jedi but If anything he'd be the Leia of the group

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: sorry but Han was the reluctant hero who learned to care about more than just himself, that's Finns whole arch in this movie. Finn is the new Han and he doesn't need the Force at all. It would be totally out of place and unnecessary.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'd kinda like it if Rey, Finn and Poe ultimately become the new generation of Jedi.

We know from Shattered Empire that Poe was born and raised in a house right next to where a Force-sensitive tree (Taken from the Jedi Temple and heavily guarded by Palpatine after its destruction) was planted and is an insanely good pilot. Finn has had way too many strange and lucky moments for me to believe otherwise; from the unexplained freeze and stardown between him and Kylo at the film's beginning, to Kylo knowing who this random stormtrooper was and that he was behind Poe's escape, his uncanny aptitude at adapting to pretty much anything, like fighting in space (neither trained nor experienced in), fighting with a lightsaber, and even tagging the much more experienced and trained Kylo Ren, not to mention surviving a spinal slash. And Rey is the obvious "awoken" one of the three.

Just my take.

sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: the only thing that's leading me ying he isn't is the fact that he got manhandled in every fight he was in

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.