Do you think there will be any big surprises in the new trilogy from here on out?

#1 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

We got Han dying in ep 7. Don't say Snoke=Plagueis since that is almost expected at this point. Are you expecting any other sorts of big surprises in the next two movies or do you think it will all be semi predictable?

#2 Posted by Seeffiss-alt17 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Revelation or Rey's parents. IMO either Luke's daughter or Kylo's brother. But tbh finding out her family were "no names" would be just as big a surprise considering how much speculation is going on about it.

Finn potentially being a force sensitive as well could also be a key reveal.

Showing how Kylo defeated Luke's new Jedi Order and if he ever took on Luke, that whole scenario could be cool, and have some reveals in it.

Besides that and some other things we'll have to see the how the plots of these movies shape up from the trailers before we talk about what potential reveals could be.

#3 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8674 posts) - - Show Bio

Leia and/or Luke die at the end.

#4 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It will copy the EU introduce Thrawn, Mara Jade, but will basically be Empire Strikes back in plot

#5 Posted by kiba (3724 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope luke and leia live, Kylo turns into an anti hero, the ep 8 cliffhanger is Rey being taken to Snoke for training/torture and is semi evil in 9 until her death redeeming herself and saving Kylo keeping him alive but robbing him of his redemption. Rey also leaving behind a child she conceived with Finn, a child Snoke may have been holding hostage since birth in order to control Rey. I want the ep 9 battle to be like ep 3 where Luke battles Snoke and Rey vs Kylo. I want an awesome Luke battle where we see exactly what the Emperor and Vader were afraid of.

#6 Edited by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@silkyballfro94: I don't think Leia dying would shock anyone since her character is very expendable and Luke dying in ep 9 would be semi expected I think.

#7 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8674 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

@silkyballfro94: I don't think Leia dying would shock anyone since her character is very expendable and Luke dying in ep 9 would be semi expected I think.

Considering that people like Yoda and Kenobi died in original trilogy, I think no one will be suprised with death of those siblings.

#9 Posted by kgb725 (18733 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there's been about 1 per film

#10 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Skywalker might die or Leia. Or Ren might die. I'd expect many people would want the FO members to be destroyed.

#11 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Were there really any surprises in the prequels? I can't think of anything that was all that surprising.

#12 Posted by Kundelar (524 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been confirmed Snoke isnt Plagueis. For surprises, I think its possible that Luke could die but if that happened it would pretty much be the end of my life.

#13 Edited by kgb725 (18733 posts) - - Show Bio

@bannyhaha: Abrams blatantly lied to the Star Trek fans so who's to say he isn't here ?

Avatar image for recreationaldoc
#14 Posted by RecreationalDoc (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by RecreationalDoc (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RecreationalDoc (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for christianrapper
#19 Posted by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been confirmed Snoke isnt Plagueis. For surprises, I think its possible that Luke could die but if that happened it would pretty much be the end of my life.

i wouldn't call that a surprise since a lot of people are expecting that to happen anyway.

#20 Posted by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't see any surprises coming in this trilogy after watching episode 7. it was just like episodes 4 and 6. kylo is an evil villain being controlled by a more evil villain. this is the same stuff as the first series.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#21 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't find very much surprising in ep 7 tbh. Hans death was telegraphed hard

#22 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I agree in the sense that when it happens it seems likely but its still sort of surprising that they would kill him off in the first movie of the new trilogy. So just in that sense.

#23 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

@fallschirmjager: I agree in the sense that when it happens it seems likely but its still sort of surprising that they would kill him off in the first movie of the new trilogy. So just in that sense.

Not really. A major elder/father-like character has died in the beginning of every Star Wars Trilogy.

#24 Edited by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Han Solo was much more established in the mythos though. I mean I found it surprising that he died in TFA. Not really shocking but if you had asked me two months ago what the odds of him dying in ep7 were I prob would have said pretty low. I think that's true of most sw fans too.

#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

@fallschirmjager: Han Solo was much more established in the mythos though. I mean I found it surprising that he died in TFA. Not really shocking but if you had asked me two months ago what the odds of him dying in ep7 were I prob would have said pretty low. I think that's true of most sw fans too.

I'm more surprised you were surprised than I was surprised at Han dying. I knew someone was gonna die, going into the film, just wasn't sure who until the film started to role. Han's role was way too big compared to Leia and Luke for them to be it.

I will admit I'm a major film fan and while most people may go to the theater once a month, I'm there at least once, if not multiple times a week. Nothing really surprises me anymore.

Still...I don't think it was THAT big of a surprise. Like if Kylo Ren had taken off his mask and BAM it was Luke...that would have been a surprise lol.

#26 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I didn't say it was that much of a surprise. Just surprising in the sense that Han is one of the two most beloved characters in all of sw and that they killed him off in the first one. Him dying wasn't a surprise so much the fact they did it in ep 7.

#27 Edited by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

i think i heard somewhere that he didn't want to do anymore films. a lot of the plot also depends on if the actors feel like playing these roles for the long haul. that's a big commitment. that's the ONLY reason that obi died in the first film. the actor didn't want to play the role and asked to be killed off. no one also knew if harrison ford was going to reprise his role in the original trilogy either.

#28 Posted by Spambot (9396 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: I know Ford may have wanted to be but still most actors are more than happy to take the work. Even Guiness came back to do more prob after he saw how successful the first one was and was getting paid more to do the role. I think JJ may have also feared that Ford wasn't really up to doing more of the movies given he had a semi serious injury doing the first one which halted filming for a few months.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#29 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by christianrapper (6159 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

@christianrapper: I know Ford may have wanted to be but still most actors are more than happy to take the work. Even Guiness came back to do more prob after he saw how successful the first one was and was getting paid more to do the role. I think JJ may have also feared that Ford wasn't really up to doing more of the movies given he had a semi serious injury doing the first one which halted filming for a few months.

guiness might be the reason for the whole vader being luke's father thing. i just saw mark hamill's documentary and he said originally vader had told luke that obi killed his father. guiness might be a big reason for all the plot holes in the original star wars trilogy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.