Can we agree that Kylo is the most resilient and durable fighters ever?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
#1 Edited by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't understand how people keep missing the mark on him being one of the most durable and resilient "Jedis" ever. It's a freaking incredible feat that he's still capable of fighting.

He got shot with an explosive to the stomach. This is a critical injury. We've seen how destructive Chewies gun is. We were spoon fed at how powerful that gun was. There was enough force to completely destroy most if not all of his organs. He's probably using his force powers to just keep his organs functioning.

Every other jedi gets their arm or legs chopped off and they piss their pants and refuse to fight anymore. In fact, they get their arms chop off and just pass out from the pain. Look at Obi who got 2 scratches in the arm and leg and he's completely incapacitated.

No Caption Provided

And here we have kylo who had a grenade explode in his stomach and he's still chugging along.

Here's a thought experiment.

If you line up 100 people, one either side of the battlefield you have 50 people. One side of the battlefield tanks an explosive straight in the stomach, this explosive has enough force to destroy boulders and throw several stormtroopers back.

and on the other side you have people who just had their hands chopped off and or had the obi wan treatment and have a few scratches on their arms and legs.

Tell me which one side will win?
I'll give you a clue. The side that doesn't have critical injuries.

Kylo should not have been standing but he was.
He's way more of a tank than Anakin, Luke and Obi Wan who passed out from less.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#2 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24261 posts) - - Show Bio

I can agree with the idea.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#3 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not durable enough to prevent being cut by a lightsaber, which given his lacking of dueling ability, will happen when put up against top tier Jedi and Sith.

Look. We understand he was hurt, emotionally torn, and isn't completely trained. Fine. It doesn't matter. There's no reason to not judge him as he is, and as he is, there is a lot to be desired.

The problem is people putting him up against opponents he has no chance against. Make better matches and wait 2 years for more feats.

#4 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not durable enough to prevent being cut by a lightsaber, which given his lacking of dueling ability, will happen when put up against top tier Jedi and Sith.

Look. We understand he was hurt, emotionally torn, and isn't completely trained. Fine. It doesn't matter. There's no reason to not judge him as he is, and as he is, there is a lot to be desired.

The problem is people putting him up against opponents he has no chance against. Make better matches and wait 2 years for more feats.

99% of Jedi can't prevent being cut by a lightsaber...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Exactly. So being able to resist blaster fire well is irrelevant when fighting other Jedi, which is what most of the battle threads with him have been.

#6 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: all the battle threads i've seen of him are ones where he gets accused of dropping the ball by getting beaten by 2 "fodders". So I created this thread not to counter that assumption.

#8 Posted by kgb725 (18750 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't understand how people keep missing the mark on him being one of the most durable and resilient "Jedis" ever. It's a freaking incredible feat that he's still capable of fighting.

He got shot with an explosive to the stomach. This is a critical injury. We've seen how destructive Chewies gun is. We were spoon fed at how powerful that gun was. There was enough force to completely destroy most if not all of his organs. He's probably using his force powers to just keep his organs functioning.

Every other jedi gets their arm or legs chopped off and they piss their pants and refuse to fight anymore. In fact, they get their arms chop off and just pass out from the pain. Look at Obi who got 2 scratches in the arm and leg and he's completely incapacitated.

No Caption Provided

And here we have kylo who had a grenade explode in his stomach and he's still chugging along.

Here's a thought experiment.

If you line up 100 people, one either side of the battlefield you have 50 people. One side of the battlefield tanks an explosive straight in the stomach, this explosive has enough force to destroy boulders and throw several stormtroopers back.

and on the other side you have people who just had their hands chopped off and or had the obi wan treatment and have a few scratches on their arms and legs.

Tell me which one side will win?

I'll give you a clue. The side that doesn't have critical injuries.

Kylo should not have been standing but he was.

He's way more of a tank than Anakin, Luke and Obi Wan who passed out from less.

Have you seen what happend to Finn? And you know that he survived it right?

Stomach injury<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Hit into the spine.

#10 Edited by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: What exactly are you trying to rebuttal? Noone said a spine hit isn't bad.

#11 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: What exactly are you trying to rebuttal? Noone said a spine hit isn't bad.

Because you are acting like Ren has the best durability in the movie.

#12 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Pretty sure I clearly stated out what my claim is in the first line of my subject. So you are just starting a completely different debate that doesn't even argue against the points I made.

#13 Posted by redwingx (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy is nothing to Vader.

#14 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys: Okay so he has extra durability. And? He sucks in other areas.

#15 Edited by darthdeadpool (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont see why people blame kylo for losing to the weak, untrained random girl. It's clear it was the epitome of PIS. It was the only, inevitable outcome. We saw kylo stop blasters, mind read, ragdoll people with TK, tank an incredibly powerful gun that was basically shown every other scene. Not to mention he wasn't even fully trained and just killed his father. Blame the horrible story telling behind Rey and the absolute over-the-top pussification of Kylo during the lightsaber fight with Rey. 5 minutes earlier he picked her up and threw her into a tree, suddenly he cant just nudge her off the side or disarm or, wtf.... just freeze her in place liked he did as well. He wrecked Finn then somehow was overpowered by Rey at the end while she held his arm down? I mean how dumb can it get? It was more than clear it was just a girl power movie where some girl learned force powers in under a couple hours when the best of the best couldn't do that, she( and finn for that matter) can just expertly wield lightsabers with no training, lmao. Or how shes just stronger than trained fighters for no reason other than she spent some time as a scavenger. Really the more you think about it you realize how dumb it was. Why would they build another Deathstar type machine with another easily exploitable flaw? Why would Kylo stop going after the slow, unarmed droid with the actual map rather than relying on the memory of someone who just saw it once? Why did luke run away like a total pussy? (everyone already knew luke was a pussy to be fair) Why didnt they explain snoke, why didnt they explain rey, why did phasma do nothing but be thrown in the garbage off screen, why did they stop cloning when there current troopers disobey? why did kylo just stay on a planet that exploded, how did finn survive a spine slash with no injuries basically, just like rey can learn everything in 2 minutes she also learned b88 AND chewbaccas language.

P.s. this is random but darth maul is a pussy and Qui-gon was shown to be a down syndrome level fighter

#16 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: You started this chain by claiming something that had nothing to do with the thread and didn't even contradict anything that I said. No-one said that a spine hit wasn't bad, but you insisted that this is a preface to something. The other areas aren't even being discussed. This is exactly a thread about durability and resilience. I'm not going to humour any other assumption.

Your reading comprehension is at an all time low this christmas I see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#17 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy is obviously a tank. His dueling feats and skills are noticeably low compared to the other Jedi and Sith we've seen in the movies and Clone Wars series but seriously, the guy can fight. Even injured his moves appeared wild but also powerful. They had a sense of weight and power behind them which made him seem scary. Even when he punched Finn it looked like it could KO anybody, hell even a Wookie. I know I'm probably overselling him but he was easily my favorite character in the film. I also loved the way his force abilities looked and felt otherworldly. They finally made the force this mystical and scary thing that we can't understand with science. I honestly can't wait to see more.

#18 Posted by lordraiden (9663 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

True enough. Unless your one of the grandmasters

Loading Video...

#19 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: You started this chain by claiming something that had nothing to do with the thread and didn't even contradict anything that I said. No-one said that a spine hit wasn't bad, but you insisted that this is a preface to something. The other areas aren't even being discussed. This is exactly a thread about durability and resilience. I'm not going to humour any other assumption.

Your reading comprehension is at an all time low this christmas I see.

Because Ren's durability is not that impressive compared to that of Finn's.

#20 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Well now you are grasping at straws. Why don't you go off topic again and say something like Ren's cooking skills is also lame compared to Finns. Go away troll.

#21 Posted by Kundelar (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and add on the fact he was weakened in the force because of the emotional turmoil of him just killing his father. Quite an impressive feat to even engage in combat at that point.

#22 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Kylo is a character hindered by bad writing. That last act of the movie was not written all that well and Kylo was the biggest victim his credibility went out the window along with his intimidation factor. People should not have to make excuses for a villain, the last scene was just poorly planned and to save the character from the damage they did ( His helmet removal should of only happened with his dad) Abrams should of had him get one hit on Rey having her show promise and some force powers and then have the planet break separating them, but we did not get that, we got a badly written fight scene and final 1/4. I think Abrams knew the last scene was a miss so he constantly beat us over the head with reminding us that the Blaster Chewie carries is really powerful.

#23 Posted by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor: Well now you are grasping at straws. Why don't you go off topic again and say something like Ren's cooking skills is also lame compared to Finns. Go away troll.

I am not sure if stormtroopers are better cooks than Sith Lords. I have to ask Mickey Mouse on this one.

Avatar image for i_am_lamont_cranston
#24 Posted by I_Am_Lamont_Cranston (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthdeadpool: Agree with every word. There are only two options: A. Rey is ridiculously overpowered or B. Ren is a total pussy. There is no option C.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
#25 Posted by HeavenlyDarkDragon (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys:

Compared to having your arms and legs cut off, getting first degree burns all over his body and still live, like Vader did. Kylo Ren is nothing.

So he got shot in the stomach. You seem to be forgetting that he got shot on the one point he was most protected. If he had gotten shot in the chest, he'd be dead. But noooo... Chewie blasted him right were he had that armor looking thing around his waist.

Kylo Ren was and is pathetic.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
#26 Posted by HeavenlyDarkDragon (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_lamont_cranston:

Actually there is a point C. Plot convenience!

The same plot convenience that made Chewie blast him in the most protected part of his body. And not his chest or his head.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.