Follow

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Movie » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released on December 18, 2015.

The seventh installment in the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Star Wars, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Billions are dead, no one cares...

Avatar image for mr_onomatopoeia
    Mr_Onomatopoeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr_Onomatopoeia

The rebels seemed to give virtually zero flocks about the destruction of the Republic's capital world and the deaths of billions of innocent people. They basically just kept going as if nothing happened. If you removed the destruction scene from the movie it would be as though it never occurred. There was no later mention of it and very little emotional reaction from the resistance.

That's the only inexcusable thing in the movie, for me.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Maybe it's a "been there seen that" situation.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarthAznable

The movie was so rushed they never gave time to actually reflect on big events that happened. The pacing was terrible. Han died? Have 2 seconds of angry chewy, a couple of quick shots of a distraught Leia with her subordinates looking at her like "Dafuq" and that's it. But you could make the case that it's war and there is no time for stuff like that but it's a bloody space opera.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

That's what happens when the plot is reused for a 3rd time.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont remember it was ever mentioned that these moons were capital lol. But I thought as well that this couldn't go unnoticed. Someone would definitely helped the rebels against First Order with this happening around the Galaxy lol.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Republic had rotating capital worlds, four or five of them. While bad, it wasn't crippling

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they should of at least mentioned it somehow. It basically means nothing since no one acknowledged it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're not used to it. This kind of thing has happened a few times before. They're used to it. Casualties of war.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what you get for living on a planet that is part of a war territory.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I was like "wtf!? So they just destroyed the Republic?" And pretty much no one even spoke a word of it.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I think they didn't show much reaction to it because J.J. was pretty keen to avoid doing ANYTHING that was done in the prequels, so I think they were concerned that people would get angry if anything relating to the Republic and cry "boring politics"

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, also we weren't given a lot of context as to how the Resistance managed to destroy the Starkiller Base, unless I missed something..

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rebels seemed to give virtually zero flocks about the destruction of the Republic's capital world and the deaths of billions of innocent people. They basically just kept going as if nothing happened. If you removed the destruction scene from the movie it would be as though it never occurred. There was no later mention of it and very little emotional reaction from the resistance.

That's the only inexcusable thing in the movie, for me.

that planet (moon?) had just been used to destroy several other planets. i don't remember that planet even being inhabited by sentient life. we can assume it was being used by the storm troopers and others so we know probably thousands had died. however, that was after that new weapon had just killed billions of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.