Follow

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Movie » Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope released on May 25, 1977.

The original Star Wars film.

Unboxing: Star Wars Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbooks

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

EpicMeltDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

OK, I know that this is a weird thing to complain about but there is a really annoying inconsistency with the characters chosen for the covers of the blu-rays. It's a game of one of these things is not like the other.

1. Villains.

Why is Yoda on the cover when you've chosen villains for every other cover? Yoda was really the villain the film. I knew there was always something sinister about him.

2. Major characters.

Why is there a stormtrooper on one of the covers? Sure stormtroopers are iconic but you've basically got all major characters and then you have Stormtrooper Jeff....from that one scene. You remember Jeff right? Got shot and fell off a railing? Really tied the movie together. Well done Jeff. You're the heart and soul of Empire.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter but it just bugs me.

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@epicmeltdown: it's true though. Logically they should have replaced Yoda with Count Dooku and Jeff with Boba Fett and suddenly they are all villains from the films concerned. Then they could release a second set with all heroes on the covers! Got to have them all, right? Kerching!

Also I wonder if when episodes VII, VIII and IX are released the cover designs will vary greatly from the 20th Century Fox films? I want them all to look uniform on my shelf. I know, I know: fat chance.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they rerelease the theatrical versions sometime. My comic shop has them on DVD and was playing them at the shop yesterday, so awesome.

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicmeltdown: Thats because Stormtrooper Jeff was the life and soul of the empire. His family tried to salvage his body from the destruction those rebels caused but he was unfortunately nothing but dust in the abyss of space. RIP Jeff, always there when you need him.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They definitely look good!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.