Follow

Star Trek

Concept » Star Trek appears in 1278 issues.

A science fiction franchise comprised of multiple television series and movies, as well as novels, comic books, and other media within the expanded universe. Star Trek was originally created by Gene Roddenberry.

The Star Trek Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thought it would be cool to have a Star Trek discussion thread, where any other Trek fans on Comic Vine can talk about their favorite characters, episodes, movies, or any upcoming projects.

Whether you're a fan of The Original Series, TNG, DS9, the Kelvin Timeline, or another spin-off, you are welcome here. Engage!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Trek fans on CV, other than me??

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I am. I'm pretty excited for Discovery but I'm still confused about it's premise.

I think Enterprise is one of the best series, second only to TNG.

Obligatory Star Trek > Star Wars (although I don't think they are really comparable, but since everyone does, that's my stance).

So yeah, there's two unpopular opinions for the price of one, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Hey, nice to meet another Trek fan on Comic Vine.

I'm a little skeptical on Discovery, but I'll reserve judgement until it starts. I hope it will feel more like classic Star Trek than the J.J. Abrams movies do.

I agree: Star Wars and Star Trek should not be compared. The only similarities between the two are that they take place in space and are popular. Beyond that, they have completely different plots and goals.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@scott_summers52: Well, I read the other day Jonathan Frakes will be directing an episode, so at least one should be good!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I'm crossing my fingers that ALL episodes are good! We don't need another "Into Darkness" on our hands.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

I'm pretty disappointed in what I hear they're doing with Klingons. to be honest there are many things that I don't like about the Kelvin Universe.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really like the new ones with Chris Pine and because I watched them and really liked them before watching the originals I can't seem to get into the other Star Trek shows. It is the same problem I have with any remake if I watch the remake before the original and like the remake I can't seem to like the original.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: The Kelvin Timeline in general has disappointed me, each movie is just CGI action scenes with little of the classic Trek elements (and really... Spock and Uhura?). Hoping that Discovery will start to turn things around.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

@scott_summers52 said:

@dernman: The Kelvin Timeline in general has disappointed me, each movie is just CGI action scenes with little of the classic Trek elements (and really... Spock and Uhura?). Hoping that Discovery will start to turn things around.

I get you. Not that I mind action but without substance there is no point.

Yeah the Spock and Uhura thing is really dumb. It undermines his whole character journey with emotions. Them flipping the script where Kirk dies in the chamber and not Spock was pointless dumb. Dont even get me started on Kirk. Don't get me wrong I like Chris Pine but he's not an updated Kirk at all. He's starts out as a cheeky pretty boy who bumbles his way into everything. Then end up an empty emotional depressed void.

Where is the swagger, the warrior, the alpha male who commands his domain and takes charge of the situation, the leader people would follow into hell? Ok i'm exaggerating a bit to explain myself but you get the point.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

So the new show is in the movie timeline? I only saw the new movie with Khan and was extremely disappointed.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've only seen the Kelvin-verse trilogy, Wrath of Khan and First Contact.

Pretty good movies in my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @scott_summers52 said:

I get you. Not that I mind action but without substance there is no point.

Yeah the Spock and Uhura thing is really dumb. It undermines his whole character journey with emotions. Them flipping the script where Kirk dies in the chamber and not Spock was pointless dumb. Dont even get me started on Kirk. Don't get me wrong I like Chris Pine but he's not an updated Kirk at all. He's starts out as a cheeky pretty boy who bumbles his way into everything. Then end up an empty emotional depressed void.

Where is the swagger, the warrior, the alpha male who commands his domain and takes charge of the situation, the leader people would follow into hell? Ok i'm exaggerating a bit to explain myself but you get the point.

Exactly. Kirk in TOS was level-headed, professional, and a good leader. Kirk in the Kelvin Universe is spontaneous and emotional.

After Star Trek Beyond, I would be happy if they stopped making movies with the rebooted cast. All I want is a compelling TV show that involves a new cast of characters in a new ship. I want to grow close to those characters as much as I did with the Next Generation cast or the Original Series. Then I would be happy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the new show is in the movie timeline? I only saw the new movie with Khan and was extremely disappointed.

I believe it takes place in the Kelvin Timeline, ten years before the events of the first rebooted movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I had no idea they were making another season of Battlestar Galactica.

Sarcasm aside, I have completely given up on this show. This doesn't look anything like Star Trek.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.