johnnydarkness's Star Spangled War Stories #197 - The Henschel Gambit / Big War, Little War! review

Avatar image for johnnydarkness

Big War, Little War!

This is a case where I actually enjoyed the backup story more than the Unknown Soldier story. The Unknown Soldier story was a quality tale, but the tale after that, written by Archie Goodwin, is what really got my attention. It concerns a small squad of soldiers in the South Pacific, 1943. They are about to engage in amphibious warfare, when without warning, they are all gunned down, save one soldier. It's a powerful and disturbing short tale.

Other reviews for Star Spangled War Stories #197 - The Henschel Gambit / Big War, Little War!