Follow

    Star-Lord

    Character » Star-Lord appears in 825 issues.

    Peter Quill is the first and current Star-Lord, a human-alien hybrid and leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He is the son of J'son of Spartax who is King of the Spartoi Empire.

    Would You Read A Star Lord Ongoing?

    • 47 results
    • 1
    • 2
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    #1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

    Rocket and Star Lord are likely to be the two big break-out stars in the GotG movie and Rocket already has an announced ongoing so it's not that far fetched if Marvel announces a Star Lord ongoing some time soon. Would you be interested in that? What creative team would you like to see on it?

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    #7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

    bump

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Why is his name Jason in the movie,I thought it was Peter

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    bump

    Why is his name Jason in the movie,I thought it was Peter

    His name is Peter in the movie as well, the guy in the trailer is reading his full name, he says "Peter Jason Quill"

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    bump

    Why is his name Jason in the movie,I thought it was Peter

    His name is Peter in the movie as well, the guy in the trailer is reading his full name, he says "Peter Jason Quill"

    Must of missed that lol. But I would read an ongoing

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    bump

    Why is his name Jason in the movie,I thought it was Peter

    His name is Peter in the movie as well, the guy in the trailer is reading his full name, he says "Peter Jason Quill"

    Must of missed that lol. But I would read an ongoing

    Yea lol a lot of people seemed to have missed it because your not the first person to ask me that lol also did you check the new GotG trailer I just posted?

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for lykopis
    lykopis

    10845

    Forum Posts

    40100

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Before I began reading Guardians of the Galaxy (the recent version), I had no idea what the heck any of those characters were outside of maybe a smigdeon of Gamora. I really, really enjoyed the introduction with Peter's father and mother and how they met -- and the whole wiping out of the lineage type idea. I've fallen behind in my reading quite a bit (I only read GoG up until after Angela's introduction), but I can see myself picking up a title with Star-Lord at the helm. Unless things have changed drastically, Peter is the kind of character that gets on my nerves but stops just short of being Tony Stark annoying. Perfect recipe for catching my attention as a fan.

    Although seriously, Rocket is getting his own ongoing? I didn't realize how popular the character was. I do know he made an appearance with Gamora way in the beginning with Nova (the new one, Sam) and that was around the same time the Guardian book starting coming.

    I did see the trailer before I watched the latest Captain America and there was a whole laid back, scruffy, rag tag type feel to the team. I have no idea if that is how the Guardians are supposed to come off as - and the actor playing Peter comes off a little Harrison Ford-ish to me. Again, that might be what the character is supposed to be like -- I see Star-Lord as a cavalier, smirking but deadly solider/warrior.

    Avatar image for night_thrasher
    Night Thrasher

    3820

    Forum Posts

    428

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 1

    User Lists: 2

    I don't think I would read a Star-Lord ongoing. I think he's a top tier straight man for a team of off beat characters.

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @lykopis said:

    Before I began reading Guardians of the Galaxy (the recent version), I had no idea what the heck any of those characters were outside of maybe a smigdeon of Gamora. I really, really enjoyed the introduction with Peter's father and mother and how they met -- and the whole wiping out of the lineage type idea. I've fallen behind in my reading quite a bit (I only read GoG up until after Angela's introduction), but I can see myself picking up a title with Star-Lord at the helm. Unless things have changed drastically, Peter is the kind of character that gets on my nerves but stops just short of being Tony Stark annoying. Perfect recipe for catching my attention as a fan.

    Although seriously, Rocket is getting his own ongoing? I didn't realize how popular the character was. I do know he made an appearance with Gamora way in the beginning with Nova (the new one, Sam) and that was around the same time the Guardian book starting coming.

    I did see the trailer before I watched the latest Captain America and there was a whole laid back, scruffy, rag tag type feel to the team. I have no idea if that is how the Guardians are supposed to come off as - and the actor playing Peter comes off a little Harrison Ford-ish to me. Again, that might be what the character is supposed to be like -- I see Star-Lord as a cavalier, smirking but deadly solider/warrior.

    From you little knowledge you pretty much have the team down lol

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

    8662

    Forum Posts

    2294

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 100

    User Lists: 6

    Nope, I'm not into Marvel space stories.

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: It really depends of the writer but pretty powerful

    How strong is he

    Hm I'm not sure, he doesn't get up close all that often

    Is he really serious or laid back like he is in the trailer? Or maybe a mixture of both

    He's a massively gifted strategist and 9 times out of 10 he's the most dangerous man in the room but he hides behind a laid back almost bumbling facade.

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: It really depends of the writer but pretty powerful

    How strong is he

    Hm I'm not sure, he doesn't get up close all that often

    Is he really serious or laid back like he is in the trailer? Or maybe a mixture of both

    He's a massively gifted strategist and 9 times out of 10 he's the most dangerous man in the room but he hides behind a laid back almost bumbling facade.

    So the movie was spot on then?

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: It really depends of the writer but pretty powerful

    How strong is he

    Hm I'm not sure, he doesn't get up close all that often

    Is he really serious or laid back like he is in the trailer? Or maybe a mixture of both

    He's a massively gifted strategist and 9 times out of 10 he's the most dangerous man in the room but he hides behind a laid back almost bumbling facade.

    So the movie was spot on then?

    Yea pretty much the trailer is 100% spot on the personality and tone of the comic.

    Avatar image for jonez_
    Jonez_

    11499

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    Probably not.

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: It really depends of the writer but pretty powerful

    How strong is he

    Hm I'm not sure, he doesn't get up close all that often

    Is he really serious or laid back like he is in the trailer? Or maybe a mixture of both

    He's a massively gifted strategist and 9 times out of 10 he's the most dangerous man in the room but he hides behind a laid back almost bumbling facade.

    So the movie was spot on then?

    Yea pretty much the trailer is 100% spot on the personality and tone of the comic.

    Awesome!!!

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: It really depends of the writer but pretty powerful

    How strong is he

    Hm I'm not sure, he doesn't get up close all that often

    Is he really serious or laid back like he is in the trailer? Or maybe a mixture of both

    He's a massively gifted strategist and 9 times out of 10 he's the most dangerous man in the room but he hides behind a laid back almost bumbling facade.

    So the movie was spot on then?

    Yea pretty much the trailer is 100% spot on the personality and tone of the comic.

    Awesome!!!

    Yea I'm super excited for the film

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for spideysense44
    Spideysense44

    3839

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 8

    #29  Edited By Spideysense44

    I'm definitely going to read this solo series and happy to see they didn't forget about the budding romance between Starlord and Kitty

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    #32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

    No Caption Provided

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    @jonny_anonymous:

    I'm definitely going to read this solo series and happy to see they didn't forget about the budding romance between Starlord and Kitty

    Hopefully he cheats on her with Ms Marvel lol....kidding , I wonder since the movie seems to be putting him and Gamora together if he will end up with her

    Avatar image for hit_monkey
    Hit_Monkey

    1402

    Forum Posts

    1250

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 4

    I'd buy a Starlord ongoing. I'm a sucker for Han Solo/Malcolm Reynolds style characters though.

    Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

    960

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 1

    User Lists: 1

    Hell yes i'm reading this. Always liked his character from the DnA run. Cold, strategic yet a happy go lucky leader/renegade... like the typical cool 1980s action film star. F*%$(@ YEAHHHHH

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for hit_monkey
    Hit_Monkey

    1402

    Forum Posts

    1250

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 4

    #37  Edited By Hit_Monkey

    @jonny_anonymous: Yeah, I can't say I like that blue/yellow space suit thing he's got going in GotG. The one in this series coming up, looks awesome. I've been watching a lot of sci-fi lately and really up for this book now.

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @hit_monkey: Yea, I love the movie design, it's a lot more reminiscent of his Annihilation costume

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    #39  Edited By daredevil21134
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for hit_monkey
    Hit_Monkey

    1402

    Forum Posts

    1250

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 4

    Avatar image for hit_monkey
    Hit_Monkey

    1402

    Forum Posts

    1250

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 4

    @hit_monkey: Yea, I love the movie design, it's a lot more reminiscent of his Annihilation costume

    I liked the annihilation costume but I think the movie mask looks a lot better.

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: @hit_monkey: Super excited to read a Star-Lord away from Bendis

    I;m assuming Bendis probably writes him ooc to fit whatever story he's telling

    Like he does with pretty much every character

    I wanna read about Star-Lord before Marvel makes him exactly like the movie

    There isn't much of a difference

    When I watched him in Avengers EMH's he seemed like a serious leader. In the movie he seems like a laid back irresponsible leader. I think Star-Lord could become one of my favorite characters

    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

    45774

    Forum Posts

    11109

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 32

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134 said:

    @jonny_anonymous said:

    @daredevil21134: @hit_monkey: Super excited to read a Star-Lord away from Bendis

    I;m assuming Bendis probably writes him ooc to fit whatever story he's telling

    Like he does with pretty much every character

    I wanna read about Star-Lord before Marvel makes him exactly like the movie

    There isn't much of a difference

    When I watched him in Avengers EMH's he seemed like a serious leader. In the movie he seems like a laid back irresponsible leader. I think Star-Lord could become one of my favorite characters

    He's more laid back than he is serious. You should read the books I suggested.

    Avatar image for redlantern23
    RedLantern23

    898

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 1

    I wanna grab this but people have told me Sam Humphries is a bad writer. Anyone have a differing opinion on that?

    Avatar image for daredevil21134
    daredevil21134

    15945

    Forum Posts

    22

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 15

    #50  Edited By daredevil21134

    @jonny_anonymous: Yeah,I scene a lot of his scans on tumblr but I have a feeling Marvel might might over exaggerate on his personality

    This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.