Follow

Stan Lee

Person » Stan Lee is credited in 4979 issues.

Stan "The Man" Lee, Marvel Comics's legendary founder, is the writer and co-creator of such timeless characters as the Avengers, the X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, and the Hulk. In his words, "'Nuff said!" His best-known catch-phrase is New York's state motto, "Excelsior!!!"

Stan Lee's Circus Show: The World of Ying and Yang

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

He already looks like a ring master, here, huh?
     He already looks like a ring master, here, huh?

On the same weekend, at the very same time as G-Man, Babs, Inferiorego and I were in Chicago for C2E2, there was a Wizard World show going on in Anaheim, California.  In attendance were Stan Lee, the godfather of Marvel comics, and Avi Arad, the godfather of Marvel movies, and they fielded a number a questions regarding their own projects, the future of movies from the House of Ideas and how the new association between Marvel and Disney will play out (which was appropriate given that the convention center was probably right across the street from the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland).  

Here are summaries of some choice points collected by SPH from the two men’s Q&A…

-Stan’s not so sure about having Chris Evans play both Captain America and the Human Torch. His favorite casting choice, however, has been Michael Chiklis as the ever lovin’ blue eyed Thing.

-Given his choice of Disney properties he could write for, Stan would love to tackle Cap’n Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones and the rest of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN crew.

-No surprise here… Stan loves doing cameos. He hasn’t filmed his one for CAPTAIN AMERICA, he can’t talk about his one for THOR, he’s jealous he didn’t get do one in KICK-ASS and he’s a little nervous over what Larry King’s going to think of his impression of him in IRON MAN 2. Also, that video where he campaigned to get the Oscar for best cameo artist was an idea brought to him by the Funny or Die people.

-Both of his Asian projects, ULTIMO and HERO MAN, have been doing exceedingly well. The former’s been selling out at the stands and the later’s doing so well on Japanese TV that people are talking to him about bringing it to America. He’s also got a live-action Cirque du Soleil-style abstract circus show in the works called “The World of Ying and Yang.”

Like I’ve said, the man never sleeps. This is just skimming the surface of what he talked about at the show.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jlat89

sounds kind of busy

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

Love the man! 
    Yesterday I saw his cameo on the Big Bang Thoery...
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

Stan Lee is just like that toy rabbit, he just keep's going and going and going.

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Stan Lee on Pirates of the Carribean?! Sounds a bit interesting, but I hope he doesn't make it awful because WE love it the way it is... 

The man wants to be remembered for his work on comics, and TV is what OUR generation are into now a days...
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NXH

Stan Lee = LEGEND!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ARMIV

Wow,Stan truly is the man...STAN IS THE MAN!!!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Stan's right... Cap shouldn't be the same guy as the Human Torch.  Although the way that characters are drawn in comics, they probably do look identical ;p

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Thunderscream

isn't it supposed to be YIN and Yang? 
    and wasn't Chiklis just awful as the Thing?  The ONLY good casting in FF WAS the Torch. I really wish they'd recast Cap's role.
    I love you Stan, like a great uncle, so keep on tickin'!

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123

Wasnt his first cameo in Mallrats?

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@doordoor123: Yep.
    hungup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hungup

What I would give to be a quarter "the man" Stan is.  

When are we going to see a movie based on Stan with everyone he has ever created in it? He could be the main character with all the other heroes making appearances :)

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I love Stan Lee! He is one of my idols!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.