Comic Vine Question of the Week: Favorite Stan Lee Cameo in a Marvel Movie

Posted by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee has certainly earned his place in comic book history. Along with Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, Stan "The Man" Lee co-created some of the most iconic characters to ever appear in the comic medium. Needless to say, when these characters started making appearances on the big screen, it was only fair to give the writer some love, too. Lee's appeared in cartoons, TV shows, video games and more, but when it comes to his media appearances, his cameos in Marvel movies definitely stand out the most and always give us something to look forward to. These brief appearances in Marvel's films have given us plenty of great laughs over the years, but which one holds the top spot for you? We've put them in one poll and the winner is determined by you. So, click that link and cast your vote!

CLICK HERE TO TELEPORT TO THE POLL AND VOTE!

Courtesy Wireimage
Courtesy Wireimage

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the brief clip that made you love it so much? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43721 posts) - - Show Bio

huh....

#2 Edited by Marvelous21 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Stan's best cameo's was where he played some of his own creations...such as Willi Lumpkins in Fantastic Four. That movie was terrible, but Stan was awesome....same with Stan in Daredevil.

#3 Posted by G_leno (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man 1, when he gets mistaken for heff.

#4 Posted by SlamAdams (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man was my favorite

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
#5 Posted by manwithoutshame (659 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hulk, he drinks the contaminated soda

#6 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan is Uatu imo....

the ASM cameo is awesome!

#7 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@slamadams: Same here.

Loading Video...

Wonder how much he get's paid just b=to be in a cameo though =/

#8 Posted by MajorJay (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor the first film... As the truck driving hick.. So funny

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno said:

Iron man 1, when he gets mistaken for heff.

#10 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie...after all the people who've died recently...Paul Walk, Nelson Mandela, Peter O'Toole, etc...when I logged on and saw a picture of Stan Lee, my heart nearly dropped. XD

Anyway, I went for Amazing Spider-Man. That was the funniest Stan Cameo to date.

#11 Edited by Mrfuzzynutz (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Iron Man cameo alot lol

#13 Edited by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk!

#15 Posted by BlackLegRaph (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-man. That one made me laugh (more of a rapid expulsion of air, but you get the point).

#16 Posted by Supreme_Maj (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four : the rise of the silver Surfer. when he was prevented to assist the marriage of Reed and Sue and him complaining I am Stan Lee so funny

#17 Posted by Dabee (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan is Uatu imo....

the ASM cameo is awesome!

Yep, or at least a Watcher. He's always there... never interfering.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh....none of them really stood out.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
#19 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM

#20 Posted by ScarletBatman (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 1 was awesome what with the pickup truck and all.

I can tell you his worst one - the Avengers. It happened way too late in the film. Stan should definitely appear in the first third of the film.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#21 Edited by StMichalofWilson (5639 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, everything?

#22 Posted by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

Agreed.

#23 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

Yeah that's the one I was going to say.

#24 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his cameo in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, where he was denied access into Mr. Fantastics wedding

#25 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9508 posts) - - Show Bio

I just love those cameo's.

#26 Posted by jaredbright (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Was he supposed to be Larry King in Iron Man 2? I wasn't clear on that.

I was going through the channels the other day and he was in the sequel to the Princess Diaries. Did he create, too? *

*I know he didn't create it.

#28 Posted by Mild_Karl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man for sure, stellar sight gag in a film that's just filled to the brim with witty moments.

#29 Edited by SlamAdams (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaredbright: I think in both Iron Mans he wasn't supposed to be Hef or King, he was being mistaken for them.

#30 Edited by Sebast_Allen (2732 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie...after all the people who've died recently...Paul Walk, Nelson Mandela, Peter O'Toole, etc...when I logged on and saw a picture of Stan Lee, my heart nearly dropped. XD

This

And i choose Thor 1, that was freaking awesome, though he should have just tried to pick up the hammer, it would have worked.....

#32 Posted by RazzaTazz (11948 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Stan's best cameo's was where he played some of his own creations...such as Willi Lumpkins in Fantastic Four.

My opinion as well.

#33 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he have a cameo in Blade or Punisher?

#34 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I only pick that scene because I felt it went well with that scene plus that music, but there's some ok one's w/ Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man 3. The thing about these Stan Lee cameos is that they're common now as though you'd except it than not like the early days, and that once we watch it it's just seems forgettable when the movie processes on.

#35 Edited by molotovzav (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I don't like Spiderman (as a character at all, except at maybe the end of Civil War), I liked Stan Lee's cameo in 3 as the librarian, in the newer spiderman movies. I don't know why, but it warmed my heart. Actually I like this new ones more than Toby McGuire ones though, but still its spiderman :/ I don't get how he gets so many movies.

#36 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I only pick that scene because I felt it went well with that scene plus that music, but there's some ok one's w/ Iron Man, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man 3. The thing about these Stan Lee cameos is that they're common now as though you'd except it than not like the early days, and that once we watch it it's just seems forgettable when the movie processes on.

He's cameoed in every single modern Marvel movie, so there never was an "earlier days" when you wouldn't expect it.

#37 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: What I mean is that when he first came into the cameos like in the first X-Men film, the idea that he's in the films so he can interact with the characters as though he's apart in that universe, making it special while the Marvel films were starting to build up more in the early / mid 2000's. Nowadays we just except to see him and once we see him in a scene that's it.

#38 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerd_of_a_hero: The only cameo that was a surprise was the first one, after the second movie he was in it's been like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.