Follow

Squirrel Girl

Character » Squirrel Girl appears in 489 issues.

A hero with squirrel-like abilities and features, Squirrel Girl is not always taken seriously, but she has nonetheless defeated many of the Marvel universe's greatest villains. She is a longtime member of the Great Lakes Avengers, and briefly served as a nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Squirrel Girl... a nanny?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979

OK, Squirrel Girl defeated Dr.Doom, Thanos and Fing Fang Foom. Can't New Avengers find less impressive character to stuck as babysitter for the child of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones? Unless the Avengers Mansion is going to be attacked on daily basis, of course.
    Tell me, how do you feel about the new job of Squirrel Girl?

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RightScar
    @Kairan1979 said:

" OK, Squirrel Girl defeated Dr.Doom, Thanos and Fing Fang Foom. Can't New Avengers find less impressive character to stuck as babysitter for the child of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones? Unless the Avengers Mansion is going to be attacked on daily basis, of course. Tell me, how do you feel about the new job of Squirrel Girl? "

Squirrel Girl is a joke character.She doesn't have any actual powers that would allow her to beat any of the characters you named.She's probably the weakest character in the mansion powerwise next to Vicki Hand and Jarvis.She doesn't matter to the Marvel U so letting her babysit Dani Cage is the least they can do for her being a member of the Avengers Initiative for the entire series and only being shown once.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think the whole idea is that, despite what her power set is, Squirrel Girl is known to all as somehow invincible and villains fear her. I think it's just a statement of "Don't worry about Danielle, she's in good hands" then a spotlight on Squirrel Girl.

sephierothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sephierothe
    @RightScar said:
    " @Kairan1979 said:

" OK, Squirrel Girl defeated Dr.Doom, Thanos and Fing Fang Foom. Can't New Avengers find less impressive character to stuck as babysitter for the child of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones? Unless the Avengers Mansion is going to be attacked on daily basis, of course. Tell me, how do you feel about the new job of Squirrel Girl? "

Squirrel Girl is a joke character.She doesn't have any actual powers that would allow her to beat any of the characters you named.She's probably the weakest character in the mansion powerwise next to Vicki Hand and Jarvis.She doesn't matter to the Marvel U so letting her babysit Dani Cage is the least they can do for her being a member of the Avengers Initiative for the entire series and only being shown once. "
    While she is often used as a joke character if you look at what her actuall powers are she is in the same league as Spider Man.  She is faster and more agile than the aforementioned hero, though her strength is less.  She can wall climb, has claws ala Logan, prehensile tail, and an assortment of useful gadgets.  Several of her victories have been on panel.  Her jaw and teeth are strong enough to bite through steel.  And she is one of the few cases where animal control is actually useful.  Plus her favorite squirrels tend to get increasingly intelligent over time.
    Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Megan Fox
    @sephierothe said:
    " @RightScar said:
    " @Kairan1979 said:

Squirrel Girl is a joke character.She doesn't have any actual powers that would allow her to beat any of the characters you named.She's probably the weakest character in the mansion powerwise next to Vicki Hand and Jarvis.She doesn't matter to the Marvel U so letting her babysit Dani Cage is the least they can do for her being a member of the Avengers Initiative for the entire series and only being shown once. "
    While she is often used as a joke character if you look at what her actuall powers are she is in the same league as Spider Man.  She is faster and more agile than the aforementioned hero, though her strength is less.  She can wall climb, has claws ala Logan, prehensile tail, and an assortment of useful gadgets.  Several of her victories have been on panel.  Her jaw and teeth are strong enough to bite through steel.  And she is one of the few cases where animal control is actually useful.  Plus her favorite squirrels tend to get increasingly intelligent over time. "
    I don't know where you got these stats from but they are false.Spider Man and Squirrel Girl are on the same strength level but she is nowhere near as fast or agile and even though they are both class 10 ton lifters, Spider-Man's feats of strength are far beyond anything she has ever shown.I don't know what point you are trying to make by naming all of her powers as if anyone couldn't just look them up in the database but what was stated before is that she is the weakest in the mansion next to Jarvis and Vicki Hand and it's a fact.She's not comparable to Spider-Man if you consider her actual powers.You say that a few of her victories have been on panel like they're credible.Have the characters she's beaten just prove she's a joke character and nothing more.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992
    @Megan Fox

gosh... where's the fire?? 

Squirrel Girl is an interesting and fun character!!
    Megan Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Megan Fox
    @papad1992 said:
    @Megan Fox: gosh... where's the fire??  Squirrel Girl is an interesting and fun character!!
    No fire.Just don't like people lying about characters when you can look up their actual stats on several different sources.I like Squirrel Girl but she wasn't created to be taken seriously.It gets a little old on CV when people constantly bring up those random outlandish showings for her from comics they didn't even read.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

Part of the fun of Squirrel Girl is that she was an urban legend for so long. No-one believed that she even existed until she started appearing in modern comics. No matter how powerful a character got, there was the ongoing joke that Squirrel Girl could defeat them. It's not worth getting upset about a fun character...

But it does look like she's in for some serious Adventures In Babysitting...

No Caption Provided
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I wonder how long it will be before Danielle Cage grows up.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Vance Astro said:

70 years... and then Marvel will reboot the Universe ;)

KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KingSolomon
    @xerox-kitty
    Thats sooo true.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By CATPANEXE

Oh no, it's just one of many jobs our Lord and savior Squirrel Girl finds herself doing, as there is no limit to what she can as we all know.
    And trust me, when Galactus, Korvac, Ultron, Thanos, and/or Leatherboy show up, there will be no one better to defend the child in addition
    to her regular jobs in the GLI, as the Herald Of Santa Claus, baking delicious Pecan Chewies and protecting the world while we sleep! ^.^

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Trodorne

HEY! squirrel girl is a super nanny. so don't mock her.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

is it bad that im slowly begining to understand what wolverine sees in her?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:

@Vance Astro said:

LOL.
    Orider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Orider
    @xerox-kitty said:

@Vance Astro said:

I think the opposite.  I think she will grow faster or her growth will be accelerated unnaturally, if for no other reason than to see Luke Cage act like a concerned father when she goes on her first date.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By papad1992
    @Megan Fox

Did u read them...?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl
     :P
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vortex13
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    I must unfortunately admit to liking that movie.... a lot... Elizabeth Shue.........
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Orider said:
    @xerox-kitty said:

@Vance Astro said:

I think the opposite.  I think she will grow faster or her growth will be accelerated unnaturally, if for no other reason than to see Luke Cage act like a concerned father when she goes on her first date.
    Most characters we saw as kids or teenagers are still very young.I think Jubilee is still like 17.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vortex13

Orider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Orider
    @Vance Astro: It's true that  many, if not all characters, stop getting older.  However, very young ones can sometimes age quite rapidly (relatively speaking).  Valeria Richards is a prime example, who aged in almost real time.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Orider said:
    @Vance Astro: It's true that  many, if not all characters, stop getting older.  However, very young ones can sometimes age quite rapidly (relatively speaking).  Valeria Richards is a prime example, who aged in almost real time.
    The artists just don't know what they are doing.Valeria is only 2 years old.She's depicted older in most images but she's still only 2.
    Orider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Orider
    @Vance Astro: You sure? I think she is supposed to be 8 or 9.  How do you get 2?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Orider said:
    @Vance Astro: You sure? I think she is supposed to be 8 or 9.  How do you get 2?
    I can probably get you some scans later.I had a discussion recently about Valeria's age.I thought she was at least 6.But I was shown pages that suggested she was only 2.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    @Orider said:
    I can probably get you some scans later.I had a discussion recently about Valeria's age.I thought she was at least 6.But I was shown pages that suggested she was only 2.
    She shouldn't be more than two, but she certainly looks much older. I was asking in another topic if she's undergone some sort of aging procedure, or maybe she has some accelerated aging mutant power.
    Or... the artists doesn't know she's only supposed to be 2.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty

Artists often don't know how to draw realistic looking children according to age, so I wouldn't rely on art as evidence of a character's age. However, as Frankling has been a pre-teen for over 40 years, then Valeria isn't going to get much older any time soon.

That said, this is still a thread about Squirrel Girl.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Degalon
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    is it bad that im slowly begining to understand what wolverine sees in her?
    Not at all.  Heck, i've been into her for a lot longer lol. 

Though I really hope that Wolvie's interest in her was fairly recent...i mean she's got to be what, 19-21, tops?  Somewhere around there? 

Though From a feral guy to a feral girl, I can DEFINITELY see his interest in her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.