Follow

Squirrel Girl

Character » Squirrel Girl appears in 489 issues.

A hero with squirrel-like abilities and features, Squirrel Girl is not always taken seriously, but she has nonetheless defeated many of the Marvel universe's greatest villains. She is a longtime member of the Great Lakes Avengers, and briefly served as a nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Is Rocket Raccoon the reason why Squirrel Girl gets her own solo?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Is Rocket Raccoon the reason why Squirrel Girl gets her own solo? (12 votes)

Yes 0%
    No 42%
    Because Squirrel Girl deserves it 17%
    Because of Deadpool 0%
    Because of Harley Quinn 0%
    Because somebody from Disney likes Squirrel Girl a lot 0%
    Because of Harley Quinn and Rocket Raccoon 8%
    Because of Deadpool, Harley Quinn and Rocket Raccoon 33%

I've been asking for a Squirrel Girl ( real name: Doreen Green ) for long and I was thinking she can only have one when other more popular female characters will have their own ongoing first.

I was thinking before that if Deadpool's ongoing is selling well, then they should give Squirrel Girl a shot because they kinda have something similar.

When Harley Quinn's ongoing was doing very, very well, I was more vocal that Squirrel Girl should have one too.

Then Rocket Raccoon's ongoing came and was successful and I was more and more vocal that characters similar to the three I have mentioned have success, then should try Squirrel Girl.

So for me, the answer is because of the Deadpool, Harley Quinn and Rocket Raccoon. How about you?

• 
    Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rocket got his ongoing because he was the breakout character in a summer blockbuster. So I doubt the reasons are the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it. They don't have much in common except for fluffy tails.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

who else?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool has had his own series since the 90's, so I don't think he is reason Squirrel Girl is getting a solo. Rocket has had a very big following since the DnA Cosmic run and even more so since the GotG movie, so that's why he has a solo. And Harley Quinn is a very popular character that DC took a chance on and has seen massive success. Harley COULD be a reason Squirrel Girl has an on going but I think she's getting one because Marvel is currently unstoppable and can basically put anything out and garner at least 20,000 books sold per issue. Plus, Marvel is currently pushing female titles on us like crazy, and its awesome, so they probably feel SG is a good next runner for female solos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.