Follow

Spider-Woman

Character » Spider-Woman appears in 2393 issues.

Spider-Woman is an Avenger and spy who got her powers from an experiment gone wrong. She has been an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.W.O.R.D., as well as a Private Investigator. Jessica was a crucial character in Marvel's Secret Invasion comic book event.

Why was she not involved in the 'Grim Hunt' story arc?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hamz

So maybe I'm a bit slow, or maybe it's all down to Marvel doing a good job at making sure none of us care about Spider-Woman that much, but it only just twigged with me that she didn't appear once during the 'Grim Hunt' story arc in the Amazing Spider-Man ongoing. Was there an explanation for this? I'm just curious to know why they didn't involve her given that between Spider-Man and herself they are probably the two highest profile members of the 'Spider-Family' and it seems odd to cut her out of a story arc involving said family. 

Is it because she doesn't web-swing like the rest of them!? Is that what it's all about? :P

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Hamz said:
    "So maybe I'm a bit slow, or maybe it's all down to Marvel doing a good job at making sure none of us care about Spider-Woman that much, but it only just twigged with me that she didn't appear once during the 'Grim Hunt' story arc in the Amazing Spider-Man ongoing. Was there an explanation for this? I'm just curious to know why they didn't involve her given that between Spider-Man and herself they are probably the two highest profile members of the 'Spider-Family' and it seems odd to cut her out of a story arc involving said family.   Is it because she doesn't web-swing like the rest of them!? Is that what it's all about? :P "

Bendis
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

Wasn't she mentioned as not having been a true "spider"? So they just focused on Arana and Jules.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@pixelized said:
    " Wasn't she mentioned as not having been a true "spider"? So they just focused on Arana and Jules. "
    That's right. I don't think she counts because of how she got her powers. She didn't have "totem power" or what ever
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " Wasn't she mentioned as not having been a true "spider"? So they just focused on Arana and Jules. "
    That's right. I don't think she counts because of how she got her powers. She didn't have "totem power" or what ever "
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Hamz:
    the story arc involves the Spyder-Family not the Spider-Family, your link goes to the wrong page
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By SuperXAsh

Yeah alot of those involved in Grim Hunt had some sorta connection to Spidey, and the whole "totem" crud. Spider-Woman's powers had nothing to do, or any connection to Spider-man. 

GRANTED she was involved with the situation with Mattie Franklin's debut. >.>;;; But eh... still had nothing to do with Spidey.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daredevil21134

i see

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.