dmstarz's Spider-Woman #39 - Death Stroke review

Avatar image for dmstarz

dmstarz's favourite marvel comic cover no197

There have been a number of artists who have done the hero bleeding into the background thing. Some covers are more successful than others and this Spider-woman cover works really well. First off, there's the lack of clarity regarding Jess's form against what's going on behind her. This is heightened by the morning stars spinning past her, creating a nice symmetry. The villians (Hydra?) are also nicely represented here - shadowy figures with green eyes. And finally the use of black ladders and scaffolding neatly symbolising, what else, a web. Good work from Steve Leialoha.

I have ranked this cover no 197 as part of a long term project I am producing on my own blog 'marvel-ous' on blogspot.com re: my favourite marvel comic book covers. Please visit http://dmstarz.blogspot.com and check out the other covers that have made my top 250.