Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Will we ever get a darker live-action Spider-Man series?

Avatar image for thedarkknight9283
    thedarkknight9283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thedarkknight9283

So far, Spider-Man has gotten more and more childish since the first film came out in 2002. Honestly, I'm sick of Spider-Man being treated like a childish character. If you read any 80's and 90's Spider-Man comics, you would know that Spider-Man is far from a childish character.

I'd like to see a live-action Spider-Man series that is like the 90's Animated Series, but much more darker and adult - something akin to the Batman Arkham Games.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@thedarkknight9283:

Feeling's mutual as to the treatment of Spider Man as a kiddie character. However I don't want him going all dark like Batman. More gravitas and mature elements sure, but not straight up darkness.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ursaber: not dark af.

Of course not.

But yeah I agree with you guys

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jb681131 said:

@thedarkknight9283: Well there is a Venom movie coming.

If it actually pans out cause I can see that movie getting botched by Sony.

Avatar image for creationalworld
    creationalworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

We got one, it's called Daredevil. It's like Spider-Man, but deconstructed and taken seriously. Daredevil is the Spidey even Spidey wishes he was.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the term "dark" is often wrongly bandied around to mean that everything must be overly bleak, heavy, and grim. Whilst I do like elements of that in the ongoing saga of Spider-Man, I think a balance of Spider-Man's humor, his wit and sarcastic banter amidst the melodrama is essential. I will always prefer the adult Spider-Man stories that are a little more grounded in realism with mature and sophisticated storytelling. JMS did it well until he got screwed over by editorial mandates.

Slott and Zdarsky's banal, infantile and buffoon Spider-Clown needs to be destroyed ASAP, what an embarrassment and insult.

"Kravens Last Hunt" is a classic example of a dark story, it was masterfully written, it entertained the readership and was true to Spider-Man's character traits.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. There is the Venom movie by Sony, so I can see other movies being made.

Avatar image for creationalworld
    creationalworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never take a Spider-Man aimed at being grounded and bittersweet seriously, the character is as outlandish as any traditional superhero and is in a setting where magical gods exists and he fights freaks that get powers from science experiments or even alien entities.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.