Why Toby Maguire should return as Spider-man in the MCU

• 60 results
#51 Posted by Enrique90 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

well its too late now... we have tom Holland now lol too bad we will never see this reaction by jk simmons

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#52 Posted by Sommie7890 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

He is too old.

I want a youngster.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
#53 Posted by AmazingSpiderDan (548 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Tobey could still pull off a very mature, and seasoned Spider-Man. I didn't really have too much of a problem with his portrayal of Spider-Man but all and all I really wanted to see an Empire State University Spider-Man instead of a Midtown High Spidey. I have faith in Marvel's casting but at the end of the day I would've loved to see Dylan O'Brien take on the role primarily because of how much support he got for it and I felt like he of all people could pull of a perfect Spider-Man; he showed a lot of passion for the character when asked what his dream role would be.

But hey, we all know Tobey would've been Team Iron Man anyway.

No Caption Provided

#54 Posted by kcomicfan (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire's time as Spider-man is done.

#55 Posted by Enrique90 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcomicfan:

Idk.. he might come back for the cinematic spider-verse

Tobey vs andrew Garfield vs tom holland vs donald glover lol

#56 Posted by LordAllen (22 posts) - - Show Bio

From a fanboy from Superherohype named Human Torch:

Yeah,I think it's pretty clear Tobey is the Chris Reeve of Spider-Man actors. The first and best remembered when the films were made with a director's vision.

Garfield is the Brandon Routh. Appreciated by many, but still, a dull performance in a film/films no one really asked for.

The new guy will probably be received as Superman's Cavill. He'll look like he stepped straight from the pages and will please people with a more "modern" take on the character.

thoughts?

He's either a troll or a bandwagonner

#57 Edited by ItsaWorld (2376 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it would be fun if MCU decided to ever do the clone saga, they could cast Toby Mguire and Andrew Gerfield as Ben Reilley and Kane. That could also kinda make the past 2 Spiderman Movie Legacys slightly cannon, as if they were the clones' fake memories.

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
#58 Posted by deactivated-59848080e4380 (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcomicfan said:

Maguire's time as Spider-Man is done.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#59 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by FFbcoat (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Bully MacGuire

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.