Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why don't we just petition with our money?

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool69
    darklydreamingdeadpool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

By that I mean let's buy the amazing spider-man comics that contain peter parker come out and talk about that and pay no mind to ssm. Maybe then marvel will get a common sense knocked into them to bring back peter parker and get rid of ssm and slott for good. Also everyone is saying that they will bring peter parker back when amazing spider-man comes out. Well guess what? They could do something like 700.6 and 700.7 and so forth or just publish something like "the amazing spider-man 2 movie prequel". I believe ssm is thriving on controversy just like celebrities.

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DanSlott

But isn't "petitioning with your money"-- and voting with your money-- exactly what's been going on for the last 9 months? :-?

I honestly don't mean that to be snarky. In December of 2012, at the end of the DYING WISH arc, the talk of boycott was at its highest, with people solemnly vowing not to purchase SUPERIOR and/or ANY Marvel product. These were a lot of serious fans with serious convictions. Haven't the last 9 months-- and increase in 20,000 regular readers-- been a reflection of what the readers want-- or how they're voting?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@danslott: It might be wise if you stop specifically going to people on here who don't like Superior. This is just going to blow up in everyone's faces as per usual of your participation on forums for those who don't like Superior. Both sides make it worse so it seems wasteful to constantly come on here and deal with the people who are saying things you don't like about your work, myself included in that. I don't wish to start anything for the record like we have done in the past, I'm only advising you on this matter from experience.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spider11211

@lvenger said:

@danslott: It might be wise if you stop specifically going to people on here who don't like Superior. This is just going to blow up in everyone's faces as per usual of your participation on forums for those who don't like Superior. Both sides make it worse so it seems wasteful to constantly come on here and deal with the people who are saying things you don't like about your work, myself included in that. I don't wish to start anything for the record like we have done in the past, I'm only advising you on this matter from experience.

Good point, I could show how the answer could be yes or no to Dan Slott's response. With that said I do not want to get into another debate here at this time. If anyone would like to discuss this with me in a rational manner feel free to send me a personal message and I will respond within 24 hours.

Have a good day.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dude it's comics, Peter WILL be back eventually. It's really not that big of a deal imo

Avatar image for captain_oblivious
    captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude it's comics, Peter WILL be back eventually. It's really not that big of a deal imo

Excuse me, but haven't you seen the news? The US government is shut down. Many people think it's because of Obamacare but I have an inside source that certain people are upset over SpOck. They won't open the government until Parker is back. So yes, it is kind of a big deal.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare said:

Excuse me, but haven't you seen the news? The US government is shut down. Many people think it's because of Obamacare but I have an inside source that certain people are upset over SpOck. They won't open the government until Parker is back. So yes, it is kind of a big deal.

That sir was funny. The Democrats ruined Spider-Man!

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare said:

I heard they were getting Bob Harris to try and negotiate. I think congress is still living in the 90s.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spider11211

Those evil Republicans are holding our for Peter Parker! How dare they!!!!! (that was sarcasm)

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murica'

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

Another SSM flame thread with haters and slott....hold on while I make popcorn...

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spider11211

I will stick by my post I will respond to PM's only. My intentions and responses will be civil with not flaming or rude intent not matter who PM's me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@danslott: I really like superior spiderman, and that you had the balls to do it. you took a risk and it payed off. you get to tell the story you want to tell, but lets be honest Peter will be back eventually, until then SSM rocks!

I concur

@geekbait said:

No, let's just wait and see where Superior's story goes. Peter will come back eventually. Petitioning is just ridiculous.

I concur

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@danslott said:

But isn't "petitioning with your money"-- and voting with your money-- exactly what's been going on for the last 9 months? :-?

I honestly don't mean that to be snarky. In December of 2012, at the end of the DYING WISH arc, the talk of boycott was at its highest, with people solemnly vowing not to purchase SUPERIOR and/or ANY Marvel product. These were a lot of serious fans with serious convictions. Haven't the last 9 months-- and increase in 20,000 regular readers-- been a reflection of what the readers want-- or how they're voting?

ive enjoyed HOW ssm has been written. SSM is my very first spiderman comic ever and i must say i hate how it keeps switching artists. just when i start to like an artists work BAM here comes humberto ramos.....

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@danslott said:

ive enjoyed HOW ssm has been written. SSM is my very first spiderman comic ever and i must say i hate how it keeps switching artists. just when i start to like an artists work BAM here comes humberto ramos.....

The book is biweekly man. It'd be way too much work for one artist

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

I swear one Peter comes back all the people who have been moaning and crying about SpOck will turn right round and start crying and moaning that they brought Peter back to soon and that SpOck was a great idea. That is what will happen now can we please let this topic die.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: And i can say to you: we won't

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I swear one Peter comes back all the people who have been moaning and crying about SpOck will turn right round and start crying and moaning that they brought Peter back to soon and that SpOck was a great idea. That is what will happen now can we please let this topic die.

@z3ro180: And i can say to you: we won't

@z3ro180 said:

@angelalfonso: Sure you won't.

It's ALREADY happened. I've had a number of SSM readers reach out to me via Twitter and tell me that this series brought them back to the Spider-Books, and if Peter were to come back and replace Otto, they would stop reading Spidey. It's just the way of the Fandom World. Everyone has different tastes. And though you, personally, might not agree with them, people like that are out there and they do exist.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@z3ro180 said:

@angelalfonso: Sure you won't.

I'm sure he won't just like I won't. I can fully accept that there are people who like SpOck but I'm not one of them. No offence to Dan Slott but I will be ecstatic when it's over and Peter's back. I don't know why that is so hard to accept.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklydreamingdeadpool69: we just need patience during all of this , its Spiderman people! no way in hell will marvel take pete out of the picture forever.Just wait it out and pray to thor a new Scarlet Spider series gets announced at NYCC =p

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually want to see where this is going with calm and patience. I don't dislike the current situation at all. Also, we all know he is coming back. If there was any concern that he may be dead I would actually love to discuss this, but since we knoe it isn't so... all change is welcome (within reasonable terms ;) )

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By angelalfonso

@danslott:

Just because some “two face” fans came to you and say “Ok I change my mind I love SSP now” doesn’t mean that we all will, there are a lot of us that are Peter fans first and then spider man fans.

I said before and I’ll say it again: your stories in SSP ain’t bad (minus the mind swap that is and always will be awful), but they are not spider man stories, I would love them if they were from a different character not related to spider man (or doc ock), maybe in a new character, but unfortunately they are spider man stories and I can force myself to like SSP.

Long Live Peter Parker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@z3ro180 said:

You know all these people who were ALRIGHT with Peter bbeing accually ALIVE....and minded that he died....will be ok,with him returning.....just sayin'....

@danslott said:

People who didnt read Spider-Man while he was alive,werent Spider-Man fans.Think about it.I know i'm putting up strange and weird stuff,but...think about it....

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who didnt read Spider-Man while he was alive,werent Spider-Man fans.Think about it.I know i'm putting up strange and weird stuff,but...think about it....

At shows and signings I've had tons of people come up to me and say they were die-hard Spider-Man fans until one story turned them off-- and that when they heard about the DYING WISH arc, or #700, or SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN-- they decided to give it a shot. And this is the story that's brought them back.

I've heard it time and time again. For some people the Clone Saga turned them off. For others it was Ben Reilly. The Byrne/Mackie reboot. MJ "dying" in the plane crash. The Spider-Totem stuff. Sins Past. One More Day. Everyone has their reason for why they stopped reading even WHEN Peter Parker was alive. Doesn't mean they're NOT Spider-Man fans.

That's one of the slurs that people are quick to toss around in the message boards these days. Who IS and who ISN'T a "real" fan.

It's kind of a shitty label to throw around and it screams of entitlement.

Regless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: Yep. I've got my gripes about the Sup. Spider-man like a lot of people but I'm also kinda glad about some of the other messes you've really cleaned up, like how you get rid of the spell that kept Parker's identity a secret for example. And for what it's worth I've read a couple sup spider-man titles. As a villian arc I actually enjoy it. Still looking forward to when Peter gets back though. XD. Cheers.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MatteoPG

I am actually loving the superior spider man. He is kind of superior in some way, even though he is severly flawed, and that makes him interesting. Also, I wouldn't mind if Peter came back in an unexpected way, not necessarily taking his body back. How cool would it be if there was a Spider-Ock and a real Spider-Man around? But that's just the nerd in me ranting.

If that's really you, mr. Slott, you are amazing.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

@punyparker said:

At shows and signings I've had tons of people come up to me and say they were die-hard Spider-Man fans until one story turned them off-- and that when they heard about the DYING WISH arc, or #700, or SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN-- they decided to give it a shot. And this is the story that's brought them back.

I've heard it time and time again. For some people the Clone Saga turned them off. For others it was Ben Reilly. The Byrne/Mackie reboot. MJ "dying" in the plane crash. The Spider-Totem stuff. Sins Past. One More Day. Everyone has their reason for why they stopped reading even WHEN Peter Parker was alive. Doesn't mean they're NOT Spider-Man fans.

That's one of the slurs that people are quick to toss around in the message boards these days. Who IS and who ISN'T a "real" fan.

It's kind of a shitty label to throw around and it screams of entitlement.

I understand what you're saying,and i didnt like some of the stories mentioned too,but i never stopped reading!......That's the essense of it!
    You get some stories,and FEW of them are good,that's comics!.....that's the experience!....

I dont get why people werent "interested" with the story,when Pete got a real fat-paycheck job,was an Avenger and got tons of new costumes,and sudenly when he died got interested......that's not "Spider-Man interest".....that's common interest.Protagonist dying,story continuing,this is generally interesting....nothing to do with Spider-Man.

Also,(please answer :) ) why arent Caselli and Martin drawing anymore?.....they were spontanious!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

I am actually loving the superior spider man. He is kind of superior in some way, even though he is severly flawed, and that makes him interesting. Also, I wouldn't mind if Peter came back in an unexpected way, not necessarily taking his body back. How cool would it be if there was a Spider-Ock and a real Spider-Man around? But that's just the nerd in me ranting.

If that's really you, mr. Slott, you are amazing.

He THINKS he is superior.....that's the interesting part!

When Peter comes back,he will find tons of sh*t lying around,cause it seems Ock is shocking his life up........now with Felicia.....

@danslott PLEEEEEAAAAASE DON'T F*CK UP FELICIA!!!.....PLEASE!!

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: right, that's the best way to phrase it. Wait wait wait, say no more! I am a little behind on my marvel for money reasons, I still haven't gotten to Felicia!

But now I can't wait...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@punyparker: right, that's the best way to phrase it. Wait wait wait, say no more! I am a little behind on my marvel for money reasons, I still haven't gotten to Felicia!

But now I can't wait...

Dont worry,Felicia is in issue 20,so,in a month or so.......#19 is next week,and that makes a three week difference and not two.....weird...

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@peppeyhare said:

Lol im sorry.. I want peter back too but lol i doubt the government would shut down over a few raging fans.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PeppeyHare
    Avatar image for captain_oblivious
    captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare said:

Part 2 of Slott's interview gave some hints about possible future storyline. SSM 19 had some possible spoilers. Both came out on Wednesday. Wednesday night bills were signed to re-open the government. I'm not saying it's a coincidence, but...

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlKusanagi

Personally I haven't bought a Spider-title since One More Day, but the character still is heading in directions I don't like, so doesn't look like my wallet spoke loud enough.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_oblivious said:

@peppeyhare said:

Part 2 of Slott's interview gave some hints about possible future storyline. SSM 19 had some possible spoilers. Both came out on Wednesday. Wednesday night bills were signed to re-open the government. I'm not saying it's a coincidence, but...

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think Slott's run is going to be about the rise, and fall, and rise again of Peter Parker.

If we look at his initial run on Amazing, it's pretty much building up his life as Peter Parker (note: not Spider-Man). Giving him a new job, new perspective on life and death, new girlfriend, new sidekick(ish)...

And what he does is show to us that Peter, and only Peter is the man for the job, even if he isn't the most efficient, or the smartest, or the strongest, by putting Ock in Spidey's shoes, and make Ock try (keyword there is try) to surpass Peter.

So if and when Peter comes back, Slott has got stories to tell about how Peter fixes everything that goes wrong in trying to make a better Spidey.

This trilogy kinda reminds me of what Grant Morrison did with Batman.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu: ^This

I was among the many butthurt Spidey fans following ASM 700 and then again with SSM 8, but SSM has been really interesting and I think it's very clear that Slott isn't really trying to bury and replace Peter Parker. The storyline with Carlie is proof enough alone of that (and that page in SSM 19 for those who've read it).

I'm now looking forward to seeing how Ock's story progresses and concludes; knowing that afterwards Peter will indeed come back and have quite the mess to sort out, thus providing more stories for the character. SSM sales have been strong, and trying to antagonise Slott or harm sales of the book aren't likely to speed up plans since I think it's fairly clear that Pete returning is a long-term goal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.