Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who's the Better Scarlet Spider

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Poll Who's the Better Scarlet Spider (29 votes)

Kaine 55%
    Ben Reilly 45%
     • 
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ben pre-Clone Conspiracy

I get Kaine is pretty popular with today's kids, but Ben was a real big dog back in the day...this is the guy who just wouldn't put up with Venom running loose

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Sorry, I was never really a Ben Reilly fan in the first place. I appreciated him not trying to screw Peter out of his life when he emerged in the 90's but after 15 years I don't care about him anymore. On the other hand Kaine was awesome for me in the Clone Saga even if her was unceremoniously swept aside but his re emergence made him an overall better character. He's even held the Scarlet Spider mantle longer.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What actually is the big deal with Ben? Never found anything interesting about him.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannot stand the idea that Kaine would insult the name Scarlet Spider for me you can only have one and that is Ben. Kaine is a poser nothing more. That goes for anybody trying to use the name of a pre established hero. Kaine should get his own costume and name and not use somebody elses.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I like Ben as Scarlet Spider but the second he adopted Peter's mantle I lost interest as a reader he was much more his own character as Scarlet Spider when he was Spider-Man I feel they were just trying to regress to the 70's.

Haven't read Kaine's Scarlet Spider series but I love his character he's my 4th favorite Spider-Man villain.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends really, as both the clones have altered from their main story completely. Ben's now some sorta horrific villain/hero?!?! i dunno what's happening...ya know what? I ain't goanna go read it.

Like I never really read much about them in the past but I recall Ben from the cartoon as a kid and when reading Spidergirl and reading about him on wikis I thought 'what a shame. seemed like he was a great guy' and in fact I enjoyed his and Kaine's stuff in REAL CLONE SAGA. I just saw Kaine as his spidergirl counterpart sooooooo yeah...can't really decide

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaines ongoing with Yost was one of my favorite on goings. Kaine was bad ass as scarlet spider.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: So barry allen, wally west, and bart allen are all posers then?

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think they're both awesome in different ways. Kaine was amazing as a darker grittier spiderman character and his solo run was amazing so I always love reading him. On the other hand Ben was pretty much created for the purpose of replacing Peter Parker after the clone saga ended. It really depends on whether you want to read a spiderman character who is basically a single spiderman in both powers and personality or a character who is slightly different in powers and almost entirely different in personality.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Reilly was an incredible character it's a shame he died. The fake Scarlet Jackal is just a Slott creation. That isn't the real Ben Reilly, Slott can't get it through his swollen head that a clone is not just a copy of a person, they are unique people who share a genome trying to live their lives as best they can. It's abhorrent to think of clones as disposable. That's why Miles Warren was so disgusting. He treated them all like lab rats in an experiment.

Kaine is also a very good Scarlet Spider and really came into his own. Ben Reilly would be proud of the man his brother had become and how well he caries the name "Scarlet Spider" The best parts of Kaine were done by the talent of Christopher Yost, and as a result Kaine became a hero in his own right. He had a well developed cast and allowed for fans of the mysticism in the Other storyline to keep getting stories from it.

Ben wins out for me, because he was first, but they are both very good characters.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben might be a better Scarlet Spider but I prefer Kaine more.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought of Ben as the brother peter never had or in some other universe the twin he did have but never knew about. It would be nice to see him show us as him in some strange world as a mutant that shared the spidey powers.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaine. I've always had a weak spot for him mainly because I've always wanted a darker version of Spider-Man

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Ive only read a little bit if Ben and Kaines New Warriors stuff and I prefer Kaine. Ben is just a bit too much like Peter.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Don't really care for both.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben is pretty cool, but I prefer Kaine a bit more.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll take ben

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DanMarshall

Ben, Kaine sucked in the 90's but he seems like a better character now but too bad theres like a dozen spider people now & I don't want to encourage them to make more by buying any of their books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.