Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who was sad to see Spectacular Spiderman cartoon go off the air?

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
    Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sadly, i just got intro to this show through netflix. 

Good story. Good action. Aproximate power levels were right. Maybe the best version of Rhino i saw on TV. Voice of Bender all over that thing. 

It was good stuff. 

Sad to see it is with us no more.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Fortified_Hooligan said:
    Sadly, i just got intro to this show through netflix.  Good story. Good action. Aproximate power levels were right. Maybe the best version of Rhino i saw on TV. Voice of Bender all over that thing.  It was good stuff.  Sad to see it is with us no more.
    I'll admit I was stumped at the Goblins identity, good job on Greg Weismans part, now he is pumping out pure win with Young Justice!!
    Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Justice? 

Haven't seen that.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus
    Young Justice?  Haven't seen that.
    OMG!! You totally should. There some episodes available online too... 
    http://www.fastpasstv.ms/tv/young-justice/ 
    Sadly, i just got intro to this show through netflix.  Good story. Good action. Aproximate power levels were right. Maybe the best version of Rhino i saw on TV. Voice of Bender all over that thing.  It was good stuff.  Sad to see it is with us no more.
    this is sad, i never even knew about this...
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It was a step in the wrong direction. Comic cartoons need to be more serious, not more light-hearted "fun." 

GIVE ME THE DCAU BACK!

But Young Justice is certainly going in the right direction. Sorry, Marvel, but it seems DC will continue to win in the animation department.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular spidey actually did seem pretty serious in comparison to most of what Marvel puts on for cartoons. Spidey was cracking jokes, but of course, that's what he does! At least they had good action.  

This makes me think of earth's mightiest heros. that's a pretty good show too, but there is a bit too much pontificating super villain in that. Remember Graviton's lengthy diatribes about how awesome it is to be graviton? 

haha. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @JediXMan said:
    It was a step in the wrong direction. Comic cartoons need to be more serious, not more light-hearted "fun."   GIVE ME THE DCAU BACK!  But Young Justice is certainly going in the right direction. Sorry, Marvel, but it seems DC will continue to win in the animation department.
    Agreed, why does Marvel operate under the assumption that 80% of their fans are 12, It could be a ploy to get kids to read comics....lets be honest though....whats more likely to inspire comic readers, Batman TAS or Super Hero Squad
    Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can catch spectacular spidey on Disney XD now and then, or on netflix... or equivalent movie rental spot near you.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @cattlebattle said:
    @JediXMan said:
    It was a step in the wrong direction. Comic cartoons need to be more serious, not more light-hearted "fun."   GIVE ME THE DCAU BACK!  But Young Justice is certainly going in the right direction. Sorry, Marvel, but it seems DC will continue to win in the animation department.
    Agreed, why does Marvel operate under the assumption that 80% of their fans are 12, It could be a ploy to get kids to read comics....lets be honest though....whats more likely to inspire comic readers, Batman TAS or Super Hero Squad
    It's really funny. During the 90s, Marvel had Spider-Man, X-Men TAS, etc. DC had Batman TAS.

'Nuff said.

Now Marvel has Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Super Hero squad. DC has Young Justice.
    Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, no.  

I crap on superhero squad from ten feet out. Very bad.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus
    @cattlebattle said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Agreed, Marvel's animation is a joke! complete mess and joke! The only good animation they gave us is Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes and Iron Man armored adventures (which i REALLY like).  
    The stories need a revamp!
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle
    @difficlus said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Agreed, Marvel's animation is a joke! complete mess and joke! The only good animation they gave us is Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes and Iron Man armored adventures (which i REALLY like).  The stories need a revamp!
    LOL. even though FF is really a kiddie cartoon, I love it....something about it, the humor....I don't know

Their Hulk vs DTV was a step in the right direction, Planet Hulk wasn't even entirely bad, But then they made Thor Tales of Asgard....I have friends that are hardcore Thor fans that think that movie is horrendous....even for a 12 year olds standards
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @difficlus said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Agreed, Marvel's animation is a joke! complete mess and joke! The only good animation they gave us is Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes and Iron Man armored adventures (which i REALLY like).  The stories need a revamp!
    Both feel too kiddy for me.

I want stuff like Batman TAS, Justice League (and Unlimited), Batman Beyond, etc. And now DC is winning in the game department with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Better step up your game, Marvel.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By Dracade102

I liked that show, though... My only complaint was the character designs. The fights were pretty epic, the plots were well carried out (Especially in the finale when Spidey has the last showdown with the Green Goblin),  and Josh Keaton became my new favorite Spider-man voice actor through that show. 

UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By UltraHeroix

Great show! Like some has some in the earlier, the stories and action was great, good approximation of powers used and best of all, it shows Spidey using his head and making good decisions.  The 90's version was good but a bit melodramatic, but this one was all around fun to watch.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main reason why I liked this show is that writing and plots did more justice to spider-man than any of the former shows and hell even the movies.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Raises his hand...

I loved the show and it was one of my favorite cartoons at the time, great story, characters, and the animation was great. I still don't understand why Marvel cancelled this show...

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer said:
    Raises his hand...  I loved the show and it was one of my favorite cartoons at the time, great story, characters, and the animation was great. I still don't understand why Marvel cancelled this show...
    they want to remain inferior 
    anyway avengers cartoon is more grown up, though kiddish a bit but its awesome
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

actually john dimaggio (aka voice of bender) voiced sandman, not Rhino 

Rhino was voiced by Clancy Brown aka Voice of Mr.Krabs
    Lima2647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lima2647

I thought World War Hulk was terrific:  one of Marvel's better jobs.  I read that they are bringing Mockingbird and Jessica Jones to tv?  Why a couple of C-Listers?  I'm well over 10 years old and just can't seem to get into Super Hero Squad...go figure.  I prefer Marvel over DC but in the animation department, Marvel can't compete with DC.  It's got to be because DC knows it's audience better.  AND there videos star their major characters. Earth's Mightiest Heroes is Marvel's strongest cartoon in a while but they don't have any idea on how to use the Hulk, one of my all-time favorites.  
    When are Young Justice and EMH coming back to tv?

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer
    The cartoon was owned by sony and marvel felt they could make a better cartoon.
    Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else think the voice of Ironman sounds a bit too much like jack black in the avengers cartoon?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Death Certificate said:
    @War Killer: The cartoon was owned by sony and marvel felt they could make a better cartoon.
    Was it? O_o I thought it was being produced by Marvel <_<

Either way, I'm still looking forward to Ultimate Spider-Man and think it looks like a great cartoon, I just hate the fact like with both Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men were both great shows that the fans wanted to see more of only to be disappointment to learn that both shows were canceled instead...
    Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @Justin_Credible: @Justin_Credible said:
    I loved the show and enjoyed it tremendously. Was sad to see it go.
    Agreed. I hate the poor legal handling that got it canceled.
    Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @War Killer: Probably won't watch the new series as i'm not a fan of the ultimate universe.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    @War Killer: Probably won't watch the new series as i'm not a fan of the ultimate universe.
    I don't think it's completely based off of the Ultimate Universe, I know that Nick Fury is black like his Ultimate counterpart but they may more or less be because of the movies. But I believe it's a mixture of mainstream Spidey and Ultimate Spider-Man so I'm sure you'll find something you like. :)
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @War Killer said:
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    I don't think it's completely based off of the Ultimate Universe, I know that Nick Fury is black like his Ultimate counterpart but they may more or less be because of the movies. But I believe it's a mixture of mainstream Spidey and Ultimate Spider-Man so I'm sure you'll find something you like. :)
    Agent Coulson is the principal of Peter's school and Peter has an invisible watch with which Nick Fury uses to call him.  

It's basically SHIELD training Spider-man, rather than Spider-man learning things on his own like he should.... 
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Loki9876

yeah it was pretty fun I hope the don't do the same with avengers EMH but there is a second season in the making so :)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @War Killer said:
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    Agent Coulson is the principal of Peter's school and Peter has an invisible watch with which Nick Fury uses to call him.   It's basically SHIELD training Spider-man, rather than Spider-man learning things on his own like he should.... 
    Seriously? Wow...I was totally off <_< So basically this is Marvel way of showing us how Spider-Man would work in their movieverse they've created? O_o I don't hate the idea, I'm just not sure about it just yet...
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @War Killer said:
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @War Killer said:
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    Agent Coulson is the principal of Peter's school and Peter has an invisible watch with which Nick Fury uses to call him.   It's basically SHIELD training Spider-man, rather than Spider-man learning things on his own like he should.... 
    Seriously? Wow...I was totally off <_< So basically this is Marvel way of showing us how Spider-Man would work in their movieverse they've created? O_o I don't hate the idea, I'm just not sure about it just yet...
    I on the other hand absolutely despise the idea of Spider-man being a SHIELD monkey in training. That's one of my huge problems with Ultimate comics Spidey as well. "OH NO, THE SINISTER SIX! I'LL.... call the super cops!" ..... ugh. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @War Killer said:
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    @War Killer said:
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    I on the other hand absolutely despise the idea of Spider-man being a SHIELD monkey in training. That's one of my huge problems with Ultimate comics Spidey as well. "OH NO, THE SINISTER SIX! I'LL.... call the super cops!" ..... ugh. 
    I personally liked Ultimate Spider-Man simply because I believe his character is at it's best when Peter's a teenager and learning how to be a hero. I like the idea of him being trained by like Captain America and it does make sense that if you have Nicky freakin' Fury's cellphone number and the Sinister Six is knocking at your door you're going to be calling the Ultimates/Avengers :P lol But I get what your saying. Personally I like how they did it in Spectacular with how he had already been Spider-Man for a whole summer and was getting the hang of his powers and suddenly had these random super-villains coming out of the woodworks to kill you and seeing him overcome the odds to beat them. I wouldn't mind Nick Fury popping up every now and then to give Pete the push in the right direction to giving him a little help when needed, but Spider-Man is NOT a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
    Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @War Killer: That's the thing i have a problem with. I grew up on Spider-Man being a solo hero and i've always felt he worked best that way. But now he's basically a SHIELD (who i've never liked BTW) stooge.
    jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jerfro23

I loved it was well thought out and voiced show good action. nice plot everything sad to see it go but hey maybe Ultimate Spiderman will do Good as well
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LP
    @JediXMan said:
    Both feel too kiddy for me.  I want stuff like Batman TAS, Justice League (and Unlimited), Batman Beyond, etc. And now DC is winning in the game department with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.  Better step up your game, Marvel.
    They think their audience DEVOLVED during the past 20 years. Imagine that!
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @LP said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Both feel too kiddy for me.  I want stuff like Batman TAS, Justice League (and Unlimited), Batman Beyond, etc. And now DC is winning in the game department with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.  Better step up your game, Marvel.
    They think their audience DEVOLVED during the past 20 years. Imagine that!
    Marvel's did, at any rate. Aside from the Brave and the Bold, DC's cartoons have been primarily adult.
    hugglebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By hugglebunny

Loved Spectacular Spider-Man.  I finally gave up on S2 Complete being released and purchased the individual volumes.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By KainScion

hulk was sad.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I was pretty sad to see it go. But at the vary least, Josh Keaton is not done with Spidey (nor is Christopher Daniel Barnes). I hope he becomes Marvel's go to guy for Spidey like Steve Blum is for Wolverine.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By ComicCrazy

I was really sad but after seeing what ultimate spiderman looks like I think I'll be all right.

spiderfan2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spiderfan2099

i'm super bummed it's gone, i think it was spidey's best cartoon to date.  the new ultimate spider-man show with the manga toaster and drake bell just does not look appealing to me

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By luckydomino1

i agree two seasons was not enough it deserved more than what they gave it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.