Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who should replace Slott?

• 85 results
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

After Slott finishing writing him, who should take over as Spider-Man?

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ideally someone young and with fresh ideas, who wouldn't rely on shock tactics and corny dialogue, and with a serious understanding of the characters.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be Costa. He injects the Web Warriors book with a lot of vitality and quirkyness. Yeah, people get annoyed at how much he promotes Spider-Gwen, but he's pretty much the only guy that makes her likeable in all the books she appears in.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever is chosen, I hope is someone who understands the character really well and knows how to make original and fun stories but staying true to the characters. I would like it if we could get a writer who could bring back MJ and Peter together instead of just teasing the idea to get us to read the books only to make it a complete cop out.

I would have said Bendis a while back, but after hearing his stuff about Civil War 2, I question him. I like some of the older writers but apparently some aren't allowed back on the books.

SpideyJJ is probably right, maybe a new pair of eyes is what the ASM comics need.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kcomicfan

Brian Michael Bendis.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheExile285

Mark Waid?

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gerry Conway, Peter David, or JMS.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone totally fresh and new who gets the character and is a great writer like Peter J. Tomasi, OR any of the classic experienced writers: Conway, David or JMS.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said: "Ideally someone young and with fresh ideas, who wouldn't rely on shock tactics and corny dialogue, and with a serious understanding of the characters."

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fraction, Waid, or even Jason Aaron. Preferable someone who can provide a new perspective and someone who isn't Bendis.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Zeb Wells?

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimishim12

Hopefully Slott stays on it forever or at least till he's older than stan lee, then I guess a young upcoming author who isn't connected to bendis, waid or jms. And I won't say someone who has a serious understanding of the character, more like someone who has more passion to write the character which made them loved to begin with but not afraid to take risks and improvements.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Waid, Matt Fraction, JMS, or a new guy who gets him. I dislike slott.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZariusII

@jimishim12 said:

Hopefully Slott stays on it forever or at least till he's older than stan lee

Trust you to rather have something stale than fresh so long as you keep getting the man-child of the Mephistoverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
    deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love Mark Waid to be the next writer. He did a spectacular job on the "Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business" graphic novel.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By The_Waffle

Anyone but Slott, seriously

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZariusII

@riscrit said:

I'd love Mark Waid to be the next writer. He did a spectacular job on the "Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business" graphic novel.

He'd be hated by all the Peter/MJ fans as much as Slott is. He doesn't support the marriage either.

I can't hate the guy though, since he 'ships Betty and Archie like I do, and I enjoy everything he writes.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I think you need to realize that the writer's personal views on the marriage don't matter at all, since it is a completely editorial decision at Marvel that no writer has the power to overrule. I'm pretty sure that Slott said he is a fan of the marriage, and the okay reason he doesn't have them married is that he isn't allowed to.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By dernman

Literally anyone who gets the character.

Heck if Marvel doesn't want someone who gets the character then you can just get a random fan to do it. Sure it ends up being fanfiction but that's no different than what Slott writes.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, literally anyone.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZariusII

@blackspidey2099 said:

@zariusii: I think you need to realize that the writer's personal views on the marriage don't matter at all, since it is a completely editorial decision at Marvel that no writer has the power to overrule.

1. The writers of the newspaper strip have been overruling it for well over nine years

2. I recall hearing that Waid outright refused to write for Spider-Man if he was married. When all of a sudden Peter wasn't, that's when we got good work out of him.

3. Dan flip-flops routinely on issues pertaining to the marriage, mainly to get people to take sides for and against him because he likes the controversy to stir whenever he googles himself. Dan's also said Peter's love for MJ was "anti-marvel"

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Huh...never thought like that before. I thought the writers didn't want to write Peter married but then Slott said some stuff so I thought the editorial team for spiderman was responsible...though yeah...Slott does flip flop alot. He's pretty bi-polar on his decisions and feelings about things I guess.

So do you think the writers and editors have a join decision on bringing back the marriage then? Like the writers have to make a great story and process and the editors will give it the okay?

Slott's history is also a reason I can't fully believe Michael Bendis said they should kill SpiderMan in Civil War 2. Sure Bendis loves Miles but he has an adoration for Peter as well and it shows in the Miles books. Besides, if they killed Spiderman he'd just come back after some time. You can't just kill off Spidey.

Peter and MJ's love is the historical peice of Marvel history that they paraded around forever. It's Anti-Marvel to split them up and change their personalities completely and that's what Slott has been doing.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZariusII

@itsaworld: When Slott says noone is allowed to use the marriage, he's lying. He was allowed to use it in 2014 (if only to kill off "Maybe MC2" Peter) and he was allowed to use it in 2015 twice (once to protect the newspaper strip from the events Spider-Verse, and then with Renew Your Vows to set up Regent), also Charles Soule was allowed to use the marriage for his Civil War Secret Wars tie-in where Peter played a central role. DeFalco was allowed to keep the marriage going in Spider-Girl for the remainder of Quesada's reign as EIC after 2007. A series billed as The Real Clone Saga in 2009 allowed the marriage to stay intact and concluded with Peter becoming a dad. Newspaper strip writers still make great use of it etc.

Hell Quesada's Spider-Man illustration last year was pro-marriage

Marvel know the marriage makes them money, so they use it for special occasions in the main market. I don't know about a pact to restore the marriage, but they do like taking a bite out of the cake while having it. I have no doubt we'll see something in 2017 also, and with DC's Rebirth on the cards I think they will take inspiration from that and address OMD so there is legacy and continuity again, they may not necessarily bring the marriage back entirely, but I don't think they're going to sit on OMD's resolution much longer either, and the interest demands they do something.

i just don't see Slott sitting on Annie May.

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Siteure

Someone who will put Pete and MJ back together and who will bring a fresh air to the serie. I think, especially now, Amazing Spider-Man is a really "flat" serie. I think jokes are missing it's almost too serious (maybe it's coming with the new job of pete as a CEO) but come on i want something like JMS writing. I started to read them again and it's soooooooooo much better than now (or maybe i just changed and some of you think it's still funny to read but really i don't see how).

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress said: Zeb Wells?

Yes, great writer. I would gladly pay to read ASM with Zeb at the helm.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimishim12

Anyone who is fan of Spider-Man and becomes a writer would not ever bring back the marriage, hell they more likely make him date/marry someone they'd want. Spider-Man is that kinda character writers self insert themselves onto without a moments hestiation without worrying about any continuity or respect of consistancy because the essentials for Spider-Man are always tied to the character's hero status more than personal life.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12 said : "Anyone who is fan of Spider-Man and becomes a writer would not ever bring back the marriage, hell they more likely make him date/marry someone they'd want. Spider-Man is that kinda character writers self insert themselves onto without a moments hestiation without worrying about any continuity or respect of consistancy because the essentials for Spider-Man are always tied to the character's hero status more than personal life."

A so called writer of that persuasion sounds like a selfish, irresponsible, disrespectful and arrogant fan fiction hack.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12 said : "Anyone who is fan of Spider-Man and becomes a writer would not ever bring back the marriage, hell they more likely make him date/marry someone they'd want. Spider-Man is that kinda character writers self insert themselves onto without a moments hestiation without worrying about any continuity or respect of consistancy because the essentials for Spider-Man are always tied to the character's hero status more than personal life."

A so called writer of that persuasion sounds like a selfish, irresponsible, disrespectful and arrogant fan fiction hack.

not really. do you want to read the same stories over and over again? how many times can peter fight the same core villains over and over again? no writer can bring back peter's marriage to mj because of quesaida so that's over. however, peter won't be married to anyone. i am still shocked that joe allowed peter to stay a billionaire so long. anyway, jim is right. writers do add their own flavor to spiderman. that's why the company hires them. any idiot can write the same exact story with the same boring villains over and over again. also, remember that mj wasn't peter's original girlfriend. he had at least 2 other significant love interests before that. mj is the one he had when i started reading him though. spiderman is not tied to mary jane watson. people break up in real life for different reasons. even though i would love for peter to get back together, i won't be too upset if he finds someone else. i can see him with mockingbird or some other heroine. magnetic, characters have to be allowed to grow. if not they will be doing the same old crap and become stale.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@itsaworld: When Slott says noone is allowed to use the marriage, he's lying. He was allowed to use it in 2014 (if only to kill off "Maybe MC2" Peter) and he was allowed to use it in 2015 twice (once to protect the newspaper strip from the events Spider-Verse, and then with Renew Your Vows to set up Regent), also Charles Soule was allowed to use the marriage for his Civil War Secret Wars tie-in where Peter played a central role. DeFalco was allowed to keep the marriage going in Spider-Girl for the remainder of Quesada's reign as EIC after 2007. A series billed as The Real Clone Saga in 2009 allowed the marriage to stay intact and concluded with Peter becoming a dad. Newspaper strip writers still make great use of it etc.

Hell Quesada's Spider-Man illustration last year was pro-marriage

Marvel know the marriage makes them money, so they use it for special occasions in the main market. I don't know about a pact to restore the marriage, but they do like taking a bite out of the cake while having it. I have no doubt we'll see something in 2017 also, and with DC's Rebirth on the cards I think they will take inspiration from that and address OMD so there is legacy and continuity again, they may not necessarily bring the marriage back entirely, but I don't think they're going to sit on OMD's resolution much longer either, and the interest demands they do something.

i just don't see Slott sitting on Annie May.

OMG! I just found out he also killed 1600s spiderman?! WHY DID HE KILL OFF ALL THE SPIDERMEN WHO ROMANCED MARY JANE HAPPILY (cept for HIS MangaVerse version)?!

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If MJ and pete won't get back together at least can they don't make her dating with other super heroes. At the end of superior Spider-Man she said she was done dating superheroe cause of his second life and what it could make to her. But fuck what she said just make her "dating" Stark.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZariusII

@siteure said:

If MJ and pete won't get back together at least can they don't make her dating with other super heroes. At the end of superior Spider-Man she said she was done dating superheroe cause of his second life and what it could make to her. But fuck what she said just make her "dating" Stark.

Yeah, but MJ wasn't herself in Superior, the real on-point and in-character MJ is willing to have kids with Peter despite his double life (see Spider-Girl), Slott just had her say what she said in that to justify moving her from one position of the plot to another rather than say something that served her history well (because Slott is obsessed with deconstruction), In the post-OMD realm, you don't know how much of that is her or how much is the part of her corrupted by magic.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZariusII

@christianrapper said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

not really. do you want to read the same stories over and over again? how many times can peter fight the same core villains over and over again?no writer can bring back peter's marriage to mj because of quesaida so that's over, however, peter won't be married to anyone. i am still shocked that joe allowed peter to stay a billionaire so long. anyway, jim is right. writers do add their own flavor to spiderman. that's why the company hires them. any idiot can write the same exact story with the same boring villains over and over again. also, remember that mj wasn't peter's original girlfriend. he had at least 2 other significant love interests before that. mj is the one he had when i started reading him though. spiderman is not tied to mary jane watson. people break up in real life for different reasons. even though i would love for peter to get back together, i won't be too upset if he finds someone else. i can see him with mockingbird or some other heroine. magnetic, characters have to be allowed to grow. if not they will be doing the same old crap and become stale.

1. Again, do you not read the newspaper strip? Peter and MJ are still married, so that invalidates your point. Writers can use it, and it's not over. Quesdada won't be around forever either

2. People like Peter and MJ wouldn't believably break up though, knowing who their characters are and what they've gone through, they almost seperated but ultimately grew stronger as a couple because of it, and the way Marvel went about seperating them after OMD in an unnatural way that is influenced more by magic than "real life" proves they hold some value for the relationship ultimately working out if it were allowed to stand on it's own two feet. MJ may not have been the first girlfriend, but who in real life ever really gets with his first? Peter has said MJ is his soul mate, so yeah, I'd say he pretty much is tied to her forever whether you care to admit it or not. No girlfriend is ever going to match her in terms of significance to the story or in terms of cultural appeal, the only reason Gwen matches her is through death, and so long as the newspaper strip is actively promoting them as a couple that have been together for 29 years, those other interests will never measure up in terms of longevity. ASM is nothing but a parallel universe posing as the "real" one these days, and the love interests are a revolving door that will never permit you to commit to them or their interest in Peter. Which is B-O-R-I-N-G

3. As for Peter being a "billionaire so long"...dude, it's only been a couple of months even in real-time, a year hasn't passed yet for us with the concept.

4. You can make the same kind of stories interesting with a little innovative touch...Slott doesn't really tell that many remarkable stories either even with the new concepts, which is why so many want him off the book. He writes stories that are quintessentially anti-Spider-Man. I'd rather have something familiar than nothing that resembles the characters or his world at all, unlike certain fans who just sell out in the name of "innovation"

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @siteure said:

Yeah, but MJ wasn't herself in Superior, the real on-point and in-character MJ is willing to have kids with Peter despite his double life (see Spider-Girl), Slott just had her say what she said in that to justify moving her from one position of the plot to another rather than say something that served her history well (because Slott is obsessed with deconstruction), In the post-OMD realm, you don't know how much of that is her or how much is the part of her corrupted by magic.

You got that point, i had forgotten about MJ. But still why bring MJ with Tony Stark ? In purpose to taunt us ? He knows that most of the readers want to come back to the marriage, why is he taunting us ? With Slott on the run emotionally speaking for Peter Parker, there is nothing, nada. I remember the time when Peter was near death and he surpassed his force thinking of his love for MJ, what he would lose. We don't feel that anymore. Would be great to see what a new writer would do. Because I feel like Slott is not caring about what the readers think and want.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZariusII

@siteure said:
    @zariusii said:
    @siteure said:

You got that point, i had forgotten about MJ. But still why bring MJ with Tony Stark ? In purpose to taunt us ?

Controversy creates cash. Marvel are usually very upfront about that, plus it's in line with what MJ told Peter in OMD that no matter what Mephisto does to their emotions and personalities, they will always be drawn to one another

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Mark Waid would be a good choice.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much. Plus we'd probably see more of Peter's sister.

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Siteure

@zariusii said:
    @kcomicfan said:

Sounds a logic decision when we look to his work in Daredevil !

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@zariusii said:
    @kcomicfan said:

The story said she wasn't his sister.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jimishim12

@zariusii said:
    @christianrapper said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

not really. do you want to read the same stories over and over again? how many times can peter fight the same core villains over and over again?no writer can bring back peter's marriage to mj because of quesaida so that's over, however, peter won't be married to anyone. i am still shocked that joe allowed peter to stay a billionaire so long. anyway, jim is right. writers do add their own flavor to spiderman. that's why the company hires them. any idiot can write the same exact story with the same boring villains over and over again. also, remember that mj wasn't peter's original girlfriend. he had at least 2 other significant love interests before that. mj is the one he had when i started reading him though. spiderman is not tied to mary jane watson. people break up in real life for different reasons. even though i would love for peter to get back together, i won't be too upset if he finds someone else. i can see him with mockingbird or some other heroine. magnetic, characters have to be allowed to grow. if not they will be doing the same old crap and become stale.

1. Again, do you not read the newspaper strip? Peter and MJ are still married, so that invalidates your point. Writers can use it, and it's not over. Quesdada won't be around forever either

2. People like Peter and MJ wouldn't believably break up though, knowing who their characters are and what they've gone through, they almost seperated but ultimately grew stronger as a couple because of it, and the way Marvel went about seperating them after OMD in an unnatural way that is influenced more by magic than "real life" proves they hold some value for the relationship ultimately working out if it were allowed to stand on it's own two feet. MJ may not have been the first girlfriend, but who in real life ever really gets with his first? Peter has said MJ is his soul mate, so yeah, I'd say he pretty much is tied to her forever whether you care to admit it or not. No girlfriend is ever going to match her in terms of significance to the story or in terms of cultural appeal, the only reason Gwen matches her is through death, and so long as the newspaper strip is actively promoting them as a couple that have been together for 29 years, those other interests will never measure up in terms of longevity. ASM is nothing but a parallel universe posing as the "real" one these days, and the love interests are a revolving door that will never permit you to commit to them or their interest in Peter. Which is B-O-R-I-N-G

3. As for Peter being a "billionaire so long"...dude, it's only been a couple of months even in real-time, a year hasn't passed yet for us with the concept.

4. You can make the same kind of stories interesting with a little innovative touch...Slott doesn't really tell that many remarkable stories either even with the new concepts, which is why so many want him off the book. He writes stories that are quintessentially anti-Spider-Man. I'd rather have something familiar than nothing that resembles the characters or his world at all, unlike certain fans who just sell out in the name of "innovation"

And you honestly are naive to believe that to be a set in stone convention(Writers make Peter say important things that are always retconed in the future and never brought up again) when it doesn't nothing for the long term as a franchise when reinvigorating the comic in new eras to come. MJ is never going to be significant as much as Peter who can easily dismiss love and romance as minor gimmick to Spidey's adventures since it's not about Superheroism or Peter's struggles as a underdog. Cultrally Aunt May is more famous than Mary Jane and is pretty much the second main character in terms being a anchor that is pivotal to the main character's purpose to keep a normal life. MJ is supporting character that like many other women he;s dated just become broads to screw so he will make readers pretend they can score hot chicks despite being nerfy and socially incompetant.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siteure said:
    said:
    said:

You got that point, i had forgotten about MJ. But still why bring MJ with Tony Stark ? In purpose to taunt us ? He knows that most of the readers want to come back to the marriage, why is he taunting us ? With Slott on the run emotionally speaking for Peter Parker, there is nothing, nada. I remember the time when Peter was near death and he surpassed his force thinking of his love for MJ, what he would lose. We don't feel that anymore. Would be great to see what a new writer would do. Because I feel like Slott is not caring about what the readers think and want.

you are jumping to conclusions. ;let's see where this goes. he didn't do it as a screw u to the readers. do you wan't slott to put the whole story out before it happens? it's story telling. if they do get back together, it has to happen naturally. it would be a big cop out if they just got back together in that one issue. how dumb and lazy would that be?

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:

said:
    said:
    said:

And you honestly are naive to believe that to be a set in stone convention(Writers make Peter say important things that are always retconed in the future and never brought up again) when it doesn't nothing for the long term as a franchise when reinvigorating the comic in new eras to come. MJ is never going to be significant as much as Peter who can easily dismiss love and romance as minor gimmick to Spidey's adventures since it's not about Superheroism or Peter's struggles as a underdog. Cultrally Aunt May is more famous than Mary Jane and is pretty much the second main character in terms being a anchor that is pivotal to the main character's purpose to keep a normal life. MJ is supporting character that like many other women he;s dated just become broads to screw so he will make readers pretend they can score hot chicks despite being nerfy and socially incompetant.

dude, what do you mean people like mj and peter don't break up? those 2 have went through all kind of crap. she has been kidnapped and held hostage. her life is constantly in danger when she is around him. people break up all the time. the newspaper and comics are too different styles of writing and two different animals. comic strips would be like a couple of panels in a comic book. also, the most important part is whether joe q has anything to do with the comics. the comics are not cannon peter. it's like an else worlds story. i loved mj and wouldn't mind seeing them back together, but she is not essential to peter. peter can find someone else. you can tell by peter's reaction to her that she is not 'just some broad' to her. she is special to him and slott did a good job of showing that it affected peter when he saw her again. no one can make the same stories innovative. just by being the same stories they aren't innovative. spiderman stories had the same dumb formula. spiderman does something great and by the end of the story or arc he loses everything.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By w0nd

@spideyjj said:

Ideally someone young and with fresh ideas, who wouldn't rely on shock tactics and corny dialogue, and with a serious understanding of the characters.

@zariusii said:
    @christianrapper said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

People want spider-man to feel natural and what not, but then something like this is said. People break up, in real life, people get divorces, people lose their soulmates. Things happen.

It can't go both ways, you can;s have mary sue happy endings but then ask for a spider-man that is more realistic. Maybe it will lead to them appreciating each other more that they spent time apart. But then again it looks like she noticed how much safer her life has been....until she started working for stark. that was a bitch move. Complain about how chaotic her life is with pete but then go work for stark

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siteure said:
    said:
    said:

you are jumping to conclusions. ;let's see where this goes. he didn't do it as a screw u to the readers. do you wan't slott to put the whole story out before it happens? it's story telling. if they do get back together, it has to happen naturally. it would be a big cop out if they just got back together in that one issue. how dumb and lazy would that be?

Allright from this angle you are right and totally. Of course it's story telling and he is doing it right but i don't know how to explain this but i think it's still missing something even if I still enjoy reading his stories (maybe i'm just angry about how the last issue went "wrong"). Whatever with that discussion I came to conclusion that both of you @zariusii and you think he will get MJ back from the hand of Slott... or not.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By christianrapper

@siteure: i don't think he will. joe q is still in charge. it was joe q's mandate that broke up peter and mj. he hit those characters spot on to me. they still had chemistry. i was surprised really.

Siteure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siteure: i don't think he will. joe q is still in charge. it was joe q's mandate that broke up peter and mj. he hit those characters spot on to me. they still had chemistry. i was surprised really.

Time will tell i hope soon :p

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Q from what I know, is not part of the Spiderman team anymore. He doesn't get a say in what goes on there. He is now lead of other Marvel things but he isn't allowed to be part of Spiderman. Along with this, even OMD stated that Peter and MJ are destined to be together, that they are meant to be the true loves...in other words, Joe had planned on keeping them together and Peter single, or he had planned to restore the marriage at a different time. Through the comics its hinted that these two are destined for eachother and they will get back.

Buuuut we are kinda derailing this thread....Ya know I'd like to see some more De Falco stuff myself. Stan Lee still writes for the sunday strip, so I'd find it pretty cool if he got to write an issue of Amazing Spider-Man. The original creator writing for a present day issue.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld:

Can you imagine if before they depart this mortal coil, Stan Lee & Steve Ditko professionally and respectfully collaborated on a six issue story arc of ASM. Sales figures would go through the roof.

Who am I kidding? That will never happen. :-)

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld:

Can you imagine if before they depart this mortal coil, Stan Lee & Steve Ditko professionally and respectfully collaborated on a six issue story arc of ASM. Sales figures would go through the roof.

Who am I kidding? That will never happen. :-)

Your right, that would never happen....

..........IT WOULD BE OBVIOUSLY AN 8 ISSUE STORY ARC!!!

We'd all buy it!!! IT WOULD BE MAGICAL!!!

Stan Lee and Steve Ditko would be granted all free range to do what they want cause THEY FRIGGIN MADE SPIDERMAN! IT would be awesome and fun and we'd all buy it!

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone totally fresh and new who gets the character and is a great writer like Peter J. Tomasi, OR any of the classic experienced writers: Conway, David or JMS. Ideally someone young and with fresh ideas, who wouldn't rely on shock tactics and corny dialogue, and with a serious understanding of the characters.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This in a major way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.