Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who is a better replacement? Miles or Otto

• 75 results
    Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• 
    Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Well, to be fair, I did censor it. And my question was how having "great airtime" and "being into white chicks" made a guy black. Because that was the implication of what you said. I wanted you to clarify so that I could be sure but since you don't want to, then I'll take it that you assume that being a black male translates as great airtime and being into white chicks, which honestly, still doesn't make much sense to me

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Well, to be fair, I did censor it. And my question was how having "great airtime" and "being into white chicks" made a guy black. Because that was the implication of what you said. I wanted you to clarify so that I could be sure but since you don't want to, then I'll take it that you assume that being a black male translates as great airtime and being into white chicks, which honestly, still doesn't make much sense to me

AHAHAHAHAHA~!!

I aint even gonna touch that subject to someone who doesnt live in Atlanta nor within my circle of friends~

Here's a video before you start going down a road that I will never travel along side you with:

Loading Video...

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Akindoodle

@akindoodle said:

AHAHAHAHAHA~!!

I aint even gonna touch that subject to someone who doesnt live in Atlanta nor within my circle of friends~

Here's a video before you start going down a road that I will never travel along side you with:

Loading Video...

That was....

AMAZING!!!

Why the hell didn't you just post that to begin with?! Then I wouldn't have called you out. See why I asked for clarification? Now someone's getting a new Youtube subcsriber and everybody's happy

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: It's more fun to watch how people will react at face value.

I need my entertainment.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Well played sir, well played. You've earned some trolling respect.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By spider11211

So if you are a fan of Peter Parker you are a racist?

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

it's funny that a child can do it better than a man

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

At the moment? Otto. After SpOck takes his inevitable villainous turn? Miles.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
    homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@tigerkaya: What your talking about.I love Miles in the Ultimate Universe and the Superior stories are pretty good.BTW,Spider-Man is one of my fave.

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles.

EliCrofoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior got me back in to reading Spidey. I never really had any interest in the Ultimate universe to begin with, so I haven't read any of the Miles stuff. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll probably pick it up in an omnibus. That said, my vote goes to Otto.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By InnerVenom123

@spider11211 said:

So if you are a fan of Peter Parker you are a racist?

No, but if you don't like Miles because he's black/latino, you are.

Ultimate Peter doesn't even matter. I still don't see why people were upset to begin with.

MarvtheCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't replace perfection. And i Can't vote neither. I would rather have a world without than a lesser copy.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Miles, although Otto might prove to be the more interesting character.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Otto

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By InnerVenom123

Both should die.

Miles shouldn't die. That's a dumb thing to say. Bad Acid. Bad.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tigerkaya

@theacidskull: agreed, more so on Ock. Miles can just be in Limbo with the other DC characters forgotten.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ScarletBatman

What makes Miles so great is that he is THE Spider-Man in the Ultimate Universe. Peter is never coming back, ever. Miles owns the mantle now and has been doing great stuff with it. The 616 universe is different because Peter WILL come back. Guaranteed. Replacement thus isn't really the right descriptor. Fill-in is more appropriate. In that role, Otto is by far the better candidate. Otto is, in many ways, the opposite of Peter, which can't totally be said for Miles. Miles is great because he isn't a fill-in, he's the real deal. Otto is an enjoyable, if a bit bizarre, romp. Nothing more, nothing less.

When Miles comes to the 616 Universe, he will become just another tertiary character with Spider Powers that gets trotted out every few years for a story arc or two.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarletbatman:

Miles is THE Ultimate Spider-Man the same way James Hudson is THE Ultimate Wolverine.

He's a poor man's Peter just as Jimmy is a second rate Logan.

It's decisions like this that make me care less about the Ultimate U.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Miles suit and chacked out the comics but so far i'm not feeling it. He is just a kid with super powers, just that. He isn't a genius like Peter and he doesn't have any traits to make him different. TBH i don't care at all whether he lives or dies. The suit is splendacular though. Otto, is in my opinion a perfect replacement? Why? Because he is Peter's dark reflection AND scientific equal. Kaine is Peter's anger, Ben is his everyman persona, Miguel his scientific equal,Venom (Eddie) his dark reflection but Otto combines the last two.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@spider11211: Yeah, I laughed with this video, but I can't say I agree. Loving Peter Parker equals being a racist, that's new. I love many black characters. Storm is my favourite X-man and John Stewart my favourite Green Lantern, but I didn't like the Parker - Miles transition. Even if Miles was white as milk, I wouldn't like it. I just love Pete.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By spider11211

@spider11211: Yeah, I laughed with this video, but I can't say I agree. Loving Peter Parker equals being a racist, that's new. I love many black characters. Storm is my favourite X-man and John Stewart my favourite Green Lantern, but I didn't like the Parker - Miles transition. Even if Miles was white as milk, I wouldn't like it. I just love Pete.

Agreed

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles "Morals" Morales

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.