Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which Spider-Man game should I get?

• 58 results
    gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By gridde

Web of Shadows was really fun. It's the only Spidey game since Spider-Man on the PS1 that felt properly set in the comic universe (ie there's a constant slew of references and guest appearances that makes it feel like an arc out of the 616 books) but used all the innovations and good points from the Spider-Man 2 game (which has really set the bar for Spidey games), which I really liked. If you enjoyed Spider-Man 2 or 3, WoS would be a good pick.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By SuperJedi17

@gridde said:

Web of Shadows was really fun. It's the only Spidey game since Spider-Man on the PS1 that felt properly set in the comic universe (ie there's a constant slew of references and guest appearances that makes it feel like an arc out of the 616 books) but used all the innovations and good points from the Spider-Man 2 game (which has really set the bar for Spidey games), which I really liked. If you enjoyed Spider-Man 2 or 3, WoS would be a good pick.

Not a big fan of Spiderman 2,even more so with 3.But i did like trying out ultimate spider man.I'm probably going to end up getting WOS.But i'm still thinking about it.

_Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By _Spider

I recently played Web of Shadows. I liked it.

I got a kick out of being able to "choose" (sort of) Black Cat over MJ. Plus, Black Cat with a pony-tail is amazing.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SuperJedi17

@_Spider said:

I recently played Web of Shadows. I liked it.

I got a kick out of being able to "choose" (sort of) Black Cat over MJ. Plus, Black Cat with a pony-tail is amazing.

I heard that Peter Parker sounds like a frantic little girl in the beginning of that game,and barley gets better afterwards.Is that true? Also are there any side missions/crimes to stop?I haven't seen any in gameplay videos on youtube.

_Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By _Spider

Ehhh, he kinda does, but it didn't bug me -too- much. If you're wearing the black suit in the cutscenes, then I believe his voice is deeper.

Either way, no sound is really worse than the mental image of Tobey Maguire being a spider-emo, so if you managed to survive SM3, then you should be fully functional after WoS.

I only played through it once, but there are "optional" missions that you can do for extra XP (very minor, just beat x people, save x civilians, etc). It's free roam, so you can beat baddies up along the streets, but nothing, as far as I know, significant enough to be a "side mission."

But there are four possible endings, so.. if you want to get through all of them, I think it makes up for it. When you finish the game, you can start a new one with all of your skills and spider-tokens.

In the end, I was on a Black Cat craze and wanted to see some Spidey-Cat interaction. The ending wasn't as fulfilling as I'd hoped, but I did have fun with it.

Not entirely sure, but if you want a Spidey game with more to do, you might want to check out TASM. That supposed has other stuff, aside from the swiftgutpunch flow of WoS.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SuperJedi17

@_Spider said:

Ehhh, he kinda does, but it didn't bug me -too- much. If you're wearing the black suit in the cutscenes, then I believe his voice is deeper.

Either way, no sound is really worse than the mental image of Tobey Maguire being a spider-emo, so if you managed to survive SM3, then you should be fully functional after WoS.

I only played through it once, but there are "optional" missions that you can do for extra XP (very minor, just beat x people, save x civilians, etc). It's free roam, so you can beat baddies up along the streets, but nothing, as far as I know, significant enough to be a "side mission."

But there are four possible endings, so.. if you want to get through all of them, I think it makes up for it. When you finish the game, you can start a new one with all of your skills and spider-tokens.

In the end, I was on a Black Cat craze and wanted to see some Spidey-Cat interaction. The ending wasn't as fulfilling as I'd hoped, but I did have fun with it.

Not entirely sure, but if you want a Spidey game with more to do, you might want to check out TASM. That supposed has other stuff, aside from the swiftgutpunch flow of WoS.

Yeah i'm still thinking about it.But i'm not sure yet.ASM is supposedly like batman AC in combat and stealth,just not as refined.Also i have a feeling the TASM 2 will be Beenox's spider-man 2,everyone loving it and all.But with those multiple endings,that is quite an incentive to play again.But it has no trophies,which has given me incentive to play a game again before.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h said:

No love for this game?

:(

Ultimate spider-man>>>spider-man 2

The only bad thing about ultimate spider-man is the short campaign

This. Shame my original Xbox doesn't work anymore :(

Red Rings of Doom.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

IMO the best Spider-Man games are Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Ultimate Spider-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.