What was your favorite job Peter had?

Posted by Cronos753 (20 posts) 4 months, 13 days ago

Poll: What was your favorite job Peter had? (18 votes)

Working for the Daily Bugle 11%
High School Teacher 56%
Scientist at Horizon Labs 33%
CEO of Parker Industries 0%

Which of these jobs did you think was the best for Peter, or the one that fitted him the most?

#1 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

Teacher, easily.

It goes right with his character.

#2 Edited by jashro44 (53000 posts) - - Show Bio

Teacher.

#3 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16363 posts) - - Show Bio

Teacher or Horizon Labs

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#4 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

Horizon by far, it's what makes most sense. Being a freelance photographer is a job which doesn't even exist anymore, as far as I'm aware, and there's no way Peter could be a teacher for longer than 2 weeks without being fired.

#5 Posted by FromAPOV (101 posts) - - Show Bio

For me personally I liked when he was a teacher, sure being a Scientist would make much more sense for him, but I think being a Teacher really showed his maturity as a person the best, helping people not just by saving their lives from certain death, but by teaching the next generation, in order to help them achieve greater things for themselves and make a good leaving off of a decent occupation.

#6 Posted by Cronos753 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I actually am more partial to him being a teacher myself, I think it fits the character well and took him into an interesting new direction (even if it doesn't make total sense how he could have been a teacher for so long while still being Spider-Man). I missed it when Brand New Day came around.

Of course, I freely admit to being biased on this, because I grew up during the JMS run.

#7 Posted by WesDodds (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm old-school and enjoyed Peter working for the Daily Bugle when I was younger. More of an excuse for him to slip away to be Spider-Man (but get paid at the same time!) and easier to have him deal with situations outside of NYC if he's also there covering a story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.