Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Was Spider-Man: The Other - Evolve or Die - A Good Series?

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When it comes to the history of Spider-Man there are a vast number of issues that stoke a lot of controversy due to their lasting impact on the timeline, such as A Brand New Day or The Clone Saga. However, in amongst those seem to be comics like "Spider-Man: The Other" that tried to experiment with some bold idea's that don't seem to get much reaction nowadays one way or the other so that's why I really wanted to ask if anyone considers it a good series?

For those who do and don't remember this is the arc in which Morlun returns from his first death and relentlessly stalks and savagely beats Peter to within an inch of his life. It also introduces "The Other" a gigantic monstrous Spider-Form that chose Peter as it's host amplifying his powers and abilities until A Brand New Day did what it always does at retconned the entire arc.

From what I understand a lot of people are very iffy into the mysticism that Morlun and Ezekiel introduced into Spider-Man's lore and I'll be the first to admit I'm not a fan of the inheritors themselves but I'd be lying if I said Morlun wasn't an awesome villain. He is to Spider-Man what Doomsday is to human existence and even during Into The Spider-Verse he still proved to be a badass by exacting his revenge on "The Other".

So my question is... what do you guys think of "The Other?", what do you think of Morlun? And most importantly what do you think of the effect it had on the Spider-Man timeline?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.