Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1 Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've seen Spider-Man's death due to Ultimatum.  Well, I suppose we haven't actually seen it.  But people seem to be pretty sure he's dead.

While I loved seeing the return of Mark Bagley to Ultimate Spider-Man, it just didn't quite feel like a "requiem" issue to me.  Do you think the "flashback" should have been focused on just one incident?  If Jameson has all these stories, you'd think he'd ponder over more than just one, especially since this is a two issue mini-series.  It also feels like it could have just continued in Ultimate Spider-Man rather than making a new book.  What did you think?  We know a "new" Spider-Man is supposed to appear in the new Ultimate Spidey book.  Who thinks Peter Parker is really dead?  Would Marvel actually kill his character since it's the Ultimate Universe?
    Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sonofhercules95

Jameson finally sees the light, can't wait to check it out.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

When i first saw JJ's look on his face when he realized how wrong he was I felt the same as he did. because it was too little too late

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Lol, "Hail Hydra" G-Man's checking the girls out

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tyler Starke

The reason JJJ was only writing about one spider-man story is because he didn't find out he was "dead" untill the end of the issue, then he finds out he's writing his requiem, so seeing as how it's a two parter, I'm sure we will get to see all of his many accomplishments in issue 2

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By sonofhercules95

Wonder how he's going to be brought back for the new ultimate spider-man series

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Tyler Starke said:
    "The reason JJJ was only writing about one spider-man story is because he didn't find out he was "dead" untill the end of the issue, then he finds out he's writing his requiem, so seeing as how it's a two parter, I'm sure we will get to see all of his many accomplishments in issue 2"
    I think #2 will be more of MJ's and Kitty's feelings about what happened
    themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By themaskedhero

I agree it wasn't perfect and that it could have covered more ground, but the ending is really the set up for the second issue and what that will be, which I'm more excited for. 

The art, I loved Bagley's art and I was sad to hear he was leaving all those many months ago, but I like Stuart Immonen's art, it's different but still good and not trying to be Bagley. 

Looking forward to issue two. 

My Review : http://tinyurl.com/nnht68
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tyler Starke

I still think it will be a montage of events

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Calvin

The world's reation to Spider-man death! - I think that's a pretty good plot to explore in an alternate reality.

Also, I liked the music during the review. Keep it up!

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By zombietag

i think this is cool thing to do in an alternate reality because no one would be ok w/ spidey dying (and actually dying) in the 616 world. buttttt i feel like jameson is a little dumb. idk. i dont like this concept. maybe its just too out of character or something. idk. it just seems off. yea i know its ultimate and different and its good to be different, whatever. still seems weird. dont love it. bendis is legit tho

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

In Jameson's defense, he was always about the "true" hero.  Originally the reason he hated Spidey so much was because he wore a mask like a coward.  He got a lot of attention and was a glory hound while other people, like his son, were more the unsung heroes.  For all they did, no one really cared.  Spidey was all about the flash and glitz (remember he did start out as an entertainer before Uncle Ben died).  Now, Jameson feels like a douche that this kid obviously risked his life over and over and sacrificed himself.

As far as Spidey dying in the Ultimate universe, imagine if Bendis and Marvel actually did it.  Now I'm sure we can all agree that we know he will return.  But how rad would it be if Marvel actually did kill off Peter Parker (even in the Ultimate universe)?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man said:
    "In Jameson's defense, he was always about the "true" hero.  Originally the reason he hated Spidey so much was because he wore a mask like a coward.  He got a lot of attention and was a glory hound while other people, like his son, were more the unsung heroes.  For all they did, no one really cared.  Spidey was all about the flash and glitz (remember he did start out as an entertainer before Uncle Ben died).  Now, Jameson feels like a douche that this kid obviously risked his life over and over and sacrificed himself.As far as Spidey dying in the Ultimate universe, imagine if Bendis and Marvel actually did it.  Now I'm sure we can all agree that we know he will return.  But how rad would it be if Marvel actually did kill off Peter Parker (even in the Ultimate universe)?"
    It would be intresting
    shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By shankarma
    @War Killer said:
    "@Tyler Starke said:
    "The reason JJJ was only writing about one spider-man story is because he didn't find out he was "dead" untill the end of the issue, then he finds out he's writing his requiem, so seeing as how it's a two parter, I'm sure we will get to see all of his many accomplishments in issue 2"
    I think #2 will be more of MJ's and Kitty's feelings about what happened"

i hope so because we really dont see much emotion from the people that love him the most
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyler Starke

ehh imagine if this was the 616 spider-man, we would be gettin a mini series of requiems, I just want the new book to hurry up and come out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @shankarma said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "@Tyler Starke said:
    I think #2 will be more of MJ's and Kitty's feelings about what happened"
    i hope so because we really dont see much emotion from the people that love him the most"
    It would be intresting
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jamiracles
    I loved this issue so much I had to put it down as soon as Bagley's art hit me. I didnt read the cover, I thought it was just Immonen.

It was such a pang of nostalgia once I turned the page and noticed Ultimate MJ looking exactly the same as I'd first seen her such a long time ago. So i just had to put the issue down for a bit for fear of finishing it and dying in anticipation of the next one. This is no exaggeration.

Ultimate Spidey is my favorite series and I found it particularly refreshing to read a story where it wasnt entirely in conjunction with Ultimatum.

As sad as it all is, I am not convinced for one damn moment that Pete is dead or will be replaced permenently.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LastSon1027

They should totally kill him, it's only the Ultimate Universe it's not like it is the real Spiderman. Why not take advantage of the fact that you can kill a character without killing a character. The great thing about the Ultimate Universe is that you can do that kind of stuff and it doesn't effect what is really going on in the real Marvel Universe. I say kill him and leave him dead for as long as you can, see where you can take it.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Media_Master

Never really gotten into Ultimate Spidey, but it sounds like they killed him of, soooo, yeah he's dead.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer: I agree we need to see how MJ, Kitty, Gwen, Kong, and May feel about this!

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Nahero

im gonna miss that dude

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Vindellavon

God dam it, Marvel. As if murdering JP and 'Crawler wasn't enough.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon said:
    " God dam it, Marvel. As if murdering JP and 'Crawler wasn't enough. "
    Who's JP?

Anyway, in Ultimatum, the question is not who died, but who survived...Loeb can't write to save his life, and simply kills everyone...And Ultimate Spider-man was one of my favourite titles; even though I admit that Bendis' writing started to worsen after the Clone Saga, and Bagley's departure. But still, it deserved a far better ending.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    Who's JP?

Anyway, in Ultimatum, the question is not who died, but who survived...Loeb can't write to save his life, and simply kills everyone...And Ultimate Spider-man was one of my favourite titles; even though I admit that Bendis' writing started to worsen after the Clone Saga, and Bagley's departure. But still, it deserved a far better ending.
    "

They blew up the Institute in Ultimatum, killing everyone inside, including Jean-Paul. He was crippled, as if he hadn't suffered enough, and all that time Piotr spent looking for him, and they blew him off? Now they kill of Spidey? Pure and utter bull.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Nahero said:
    "im gonna miss that dude "

So am I!
    - A moment of silence in respect for the fallen -
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    Who's JP?

"
    They blew up the Institute in Ultimatum, killing everyone inside, including Jean-Paul. He was crippled, as if he hadn't suffered enough, and all that time Piotr spent looking for him, and they blew him off? Now they kill of Spidey? Pure and utter bull. "
    Ah, Northstar, I see. I was very annoyed by Xavier's death, however. Why not have him truly die in the Apocalypse story arc, just to kill him in so futile a way afterwards?
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    Who's JP?

"
    They blew up the Institute in Ultimatum, killing everyone inside, including Jean-Paul. He was crippled, as if he hadn't suffered enough, and all that time Piotr spent looking for him, and they blew him off? Now they kill of Spidey? Pure and utter bull. "
    Ah, Northstar, I see. I was very annoyed by Xavier's death, however. Why not have him truly die in the Apocalypse story arc, just to kill him in so futile a way afterwards?"

I agree. They just went off and shot off every character they couldn't use any longer. Remember Dazzler? Didn't she spend an ample amount of time in a coma, and then what happened? She drowned in a wave. *facepalm* I love the Ultimate Universe, but these endings... This is absolutely unacceptable.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    Who's JP?

"
    Ah, Northstar, I see. I was very annoyed by Xavier's death, however. Why not have him truly die in the Apocalypse story arc, just to kill him in so futile a way afterwards?"
    I agree. They just went off and shot off every character they couldn't use any longer. Remember Dazzler? Didn't she spend an ample amount of time in a coma, and then what happened? She drowned in a wave. *facepalm* I love the Ultimate Universe, but these endings... This is absolutely unacceptable. "
    And there are so many others; Thor, Dr Strange, Wasp, Hank Pym (didn't like him, but still). And isn't Beast dead, as well? With all those killings, I can hardly tell the dead from the living anymore. And what about the sudden transformation of Blob and Sabretooth to zombies who are out for blood? Neither of them had demonstrated any signs of cannibalism before - but when logic ends, Loeb begins...I can't believe it is the same man who wrote in such excellent a fashion "The Long Halloween". The structure in TLH is brilliant; in Ultimates vol.3 & Ultimatum it is simply nonexistent. Just going for the easy shock value. No. The Ultimate U should have gone down in an epic fashion; not in flames with everybody cursing at Loeb (for writing), and Quesada (for allowing it to be published). Hell, I even proposed on another thread that Marvel should have used a photograph of Loeb instead of Magneto at the cover of Ultimatum. It would make more sense, since it is he, who is responsible for this mess.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    Who's JP?

"
    I agree. They just went off and shot off every character they couldn't use any longer. Remember Dazzler? Didn't she spend an ample amount of time in a coma, and then what happened? She drowned in a wave. *facepalm* I love the Ultimate Universe, but these endings... This is absolutely unacceptable. "
    And there are so many others; Thor, Dr Strange, Wasp, Hank Pym (didn't like him, but still). And isn't Beast dead, as well? With all those killings, I can hardly tell the dead from the living anymore. And what about the sudden transformation of Blob and Sabretooth to zombies who are out for blood? Neither of them had demonstrated any signs of cannibalism before - but when logic ends, Loeb begins...I can't believe it is the same man who wrote in such excellent a fashion "The Long Halloween". The structure in TLH is brilliant; in Ultimates vol.3 & Ultimatum it is simply nonexistent. Just going for the easy shock value. No. The Ultimate U should have gone down in an epic fashion; not in flames with everybody cursing at Loeb (for writing), and Quesada (for allowing it to be published). Hell, I even proposed on another thread that Marvel should have used a photograph of Loeb instead of Magneto at the cover of Ultimatum. It would make more sense, since it is he, who is responsible for this mess. "

Amen to that. The cursed thrown at the Ultimate Universe started as soon as Loeb lost his marbles.  As if enough people weren't satisfied with the Phoenix Saga, but then the countless murders? Ultimamtum was the doom of it all, as soon as that god damn wave hit, everything went to hell. May misery befall you like rain, Loeb.

A quick question, sin't Ultimate X-Men Requiem still pending?
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon:Took some time to find it, I have to say...And the news are not exactly fresh - but the publishing date is supposedly July 29, and this (as I imagine you have already seen) will be the cover:

No Caption Provided
    I am more sad about U Spider-man, rather than U X-Men, though. U X-Men had many ups & downs. U Spidey had Bendis on the top of his game for a long time; after he begun his involvement with the numerous crossovers and events of 616 continuity (Disassembled, HOM, Decimation, Civil War, Secret Invasion, and now, Dark Reign), the quality slipped a bit. But for late issues (post #100+),  I also blame Immonen for that. His art is far too cartoonish to even stand in the same sentence with Bagley's.

And another question: which were your favourite issues (or story arcs) from U Spidey & U X-Men? Have you also read Millar's and Hitch's Ultimates vol.1 & 2?

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon:Took some time to find it, I have to say...And the news are not exactly fresh - but the publishing date is supposedly July 29, and this (as I imagine you have already seen) will be the cover:

No Caption Provided
    I am more sad about U Spider-man, rather than U X-Men, though. U X-Men had many ups & downs. U Spidey had Bendis on the top of his game for a long time; after he begun his involvement with the numerous crossovers and events of 616 continuity (Disassembled, HOM, Decimation, Civil War, Secret Invasion, and now, Dark Reign), the quality slipped a bit. But for late issues (post #100+),  I also blame Immonen for that. His art is far too cartoonish to even stand in the same sentence with Bagley's.

And another question: which were your favourite issues (or story arcs) from U Spidey & U X-Men? Have you also read Millar's and Hitch's Ultimates vol.1 & 2?
    "

The cover annoys the hell out of me. Two reasons; the last arc was all about deaths, so nice homage of a gravestone would've been nice, and the annoyance that is Logan, Scott, and Jean is rather tiring. This isn't the first cover featuring the three of them.

Ultimate Spiderman was work worth praising, the AU life of Peter Parker was written wonderfully, and you're right, Bendis was at the top of his game. But ever since Ultimamtum started, it's all worth nothing now, and thats sad because I actually thought Ultiate Spidey was going to get a good ending. This issue obviously proved me wrong. Go ahead, Loeb, kill off the hero because you just can't figure out a good ending. Pathetic fools.

I've read Millar's and Hitch's, they were good. My favorite U X-Men arcs were Return of the KIng and Tempest. I was pretty biased during most of U Spidey, since I was paying most of my attention to Gwen. Yeah, bash me, but I love the girl and when they killed her off in U, you can imagine my surprise. But then again, that's when I really started paying attention to Spidey, but now here we are, and he's dead.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon:

1) I agree; these three are far too overused, Ultimate Continuity, or not.

2) Ultimate Spider-man is always going to be on the top of the most recent comic book runs that I've read. I have to add though, that I doubt if Spider-man is truly dead. The U Spidey comic is the only one to get a vol.2, after all. Also as a comic incident, I would like to mention the last issue, which included no dialogue; it was obviously done for tragic effect, but I can't stop thinking it was Bendis' reaction to Loeb's atrocities.

Quesada: You got ready the script for U Spider-man 133, I heard, Brian.
    Bendis: ...Ehh, yes.
    Quesada: What is this nonsense I hear from Immonen? No dialogue?
    Bendis: Yes, why not? Everything has gone to hell, after all. No need to exert ourselves...
    Quesada: ...You got a point there...But why no dialogue?
    Bendis: What did you think?  Is Loeb going to be the only one to do his sh!t and get away with it around here?

3) Ultimates vol. 1 & 2 were amazing, and the opening issue of volume 1 should probably be the guide for a possible Captain America film.
    4) I really loved Gwen; this is a point that I dislike about U Spider-man. She was such a well developed and interesting character. And she died in such horrible a fashion...I truly believe that Peter's guilt and pain should have been expanded a lot more than they did...Gwen could have truly been something like Bruce Wayne's parents to him...A haunting memory, a shadow over every happiness - a failure that can never be righted...As for bringing her back...What is the point of killing her, and causing so much drama, only to bring her back 5 storylines later. Either kill her, and leave her dead forever, or let the girl live, for God's sake...

As for my favourite moments, U Spider-man 13, when Peter reveals his secret to MJ was, from my point of view, one of the best single comic book stories I've read in general. Great writing, and true exchanges between characters that made you care for them. Also, unfortunately, I can't recall the number of the issue, but the stoy goes like this: Peter is at school, when he hears that the Rhino is causing havoc downtown...He tries to slip away, but a series of misfortunes doesn't allow him to change to Spider-man and go...When he does, he only goes downtown to find Iron Man being praised by the public for defeating Rhino! Great issue.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon:

1) I agree; these three are far too overused, Ultimate Continuity, or not.

2) Ultimate Spider-man is always going to be on the top of the most recent comic book runs that I've read. I have to add though, that I doubt if Spider-man is truly dead. The U Spidey comic is the only one to get a vol.2, after all. Also as a comic incident, I would like to mention the last issue, which included no dialogue; it was obviously done for tragic effect, but I can't stop thinking it was Bendis' reaction to Loeb's atrocities.

Quesada: You got ready the script for U Spider-man 133, I heard, Brian.
    Bendis: ...Ehh, yes.
    Quesada: What is this nonsense I hear from Immonen? No dialogue?
    Bendis: Yes, why not? Everything has gone to hell, after all. No need to exert ourselves...
    Quesada: ...You got a point there...But why no dialogue?
    Bendis: What did you think?  Is Loeb going to be the only one to do his sh!t and get away with it around here?

3) Ultimates vol. 1 & 2 were amazing, and the opening issue of volume 1 should probably be the guide for a possible Captain America film.
    4) I really loved Gwen; this is a point that I dislike about U Spider-man. She was such a well developed and interesting character. And she died in such horrible a fashion...I truly believe that Peter's guilt and pain should have been expanded a lot more than they did...Gwen could have truly been something like Bruce Wayne's parents to him...A haunting memory, a shadow over every happiness - a failure that can never be righted...As for bringing her back...What is the point of killing her, and causing so much drama, only to bring her back 5 storylines later. Either kill her, and leave her dead forever, or let the girl live, for God's sake...

As for my favourite moments, U Spider-man 13, when Peter reveals his secret to MJ was, from my point of view, one of the best single comic book stories I've read in general. Great writing, and true exchanges between characters that made you care for them. Also, unfortunately, I can't recall the number of the issue, but the stoy goes like this: Peter is at school, when he hears that the Rhino is causing havoc downtown...He tries to slip away, but a series of misfortunes doesn't allow him to change to Spider-man and go...When he does, he only goes downtown to find Iron Man being praised by the public for defeating Rhino! Great issue."

Agreed. But what surprises me most is how they could let such a great series end in such disgrace? Really, I cannot come to terms, or even comprehend why? Were they dinged, were they drunk, were the editors paying attention, what did the artiasts have to say about this? Didn't anyone express their concerns, didn't anyone care enough to tell Loeb where he was screwing up? And you're reaction to Bendis and Quesada's coversation seems just about right. Ugh, it's as if the Ultimate Universe wasn't getting enough lip from 616 lovers, I'm sure you've seen the amount of despodency the comics received; but they copped out on the fans. They copped out, and they left it to die. Pathetic.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon:Problem is, Loeb himself is delusional. When interviewed, he refers to " the success, and the positive response he receives from fans  for Ultimatum".How can you talk to a guy like this? How can you talk to a guy who has Rulk punching Skyfathers, Watchers, twisting his neck, and killing the Silver Surfer, burning Baron Mordo & Dr Strange, decapitating Terrax, impaling the Hulk etc. only to be stopped by Galactus himself; ah, and most of these happened in the same issue...The man is truly lost. As for the publishers being drunk - I laughed when I read it, but it isn't that far away from the truth. But, what can we do? Let's hope Bendis will find his form for vol. 2. And obviously that Spidey is alive.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon:Problem is, Loeb himself is delusional. When interviewed, he refers to " the success, and the positive response he receives from fans  for Ultimatum".How can you talk to a guy like this? How can you talk to a guy who has Rulk punching Skyfathers, Watchers, twisting his neck, and killing the Silver Surfer, burning Baron Mordo & Dr Strange, decapitating Terrax, impaling the Hulk etc. only to be stopped by Galactus himself; ah, and most of these happened in the same issue...The man is truly lost. As for the publishers being drunk - I laughed when I read it, but it isn't that far away from the truth. But, what can we do? Let's hope Bendis will find his form for vol. 2. And obviously that Spidey is alive. "

Spidey better be alive, if Loeb wants to redeem himself that is. If not, then you can officially say that U Spidey is screwed. Even if he does make it, what will be the outcome of his injuries? Such a waste of good characters, and yes, I do remember the Galactus throw in at the end. That was horrible, hated it, even after all that destruction.

My final verdict will be issued the second I finish reading Ultimate X-Men: Requiem. If there's any hope left, it's this very last issue.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon:Problem is, Loeb himself is delusional. When interviewed, he refers to " the success, and the positive response he receives from fans  for Ultimatum".How can you talk to a guy like this? How can you talk to a guy who has Rulk punching Skyfathers, Watchers, twisting his neck, and killing the Silver Surfer, burning Baron Mordo & Dr Strange, decapitating Terrax, impaling the Hulk etc. only to be stopped by Galactus himself; ah, and most of these happened in the same issue...The man is truly lost. As for the publishers being drunk - I laughed when I read it, but it isn't that far away from the truth. But, what can we do? Let's hope Bendis will find his form for vol. 2. And obviously that Spidey is alive. "
    Spidey better be alive, if Loeb wants to redeem himself that is. If not, then you can officially say that U Spidey is screwed. Even if he does make it, what will be the outcome of his injuries? Such a waste of good characters, and yes, I do remember the Galactus throw in at the end. That was horrible, hated it, even after all that destruction. My final verdict will be issued the second I finish reading Ultimate X-Men: Requiem. If there's any hope left, it's this very last issue. "
    Agreed, as well as reading U Spider-man Requiem # 2. Nice talking to you Vindevallon. Ah, by the way; is this your only account? You have far too few  posts for the time you have spent here. Also, I have met several people here with multiple accounts; I would like to recognise you in a future conversation - that is why I'm asking.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_:  No, no multiple accounts. I spent most of my time on Livejournal, and I am quite new around here still. I'll always be Vindella.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_:  No, no multiple accounts. I spent most of my time on Livejournal, and I am quite new around here still. I'll always be Vindella. "
    I see. Nice talking to you then.
    Avatar image for spider_man_earth_616
    Spider-Man EARTH-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man isn't dead (my opinion)

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they're planning on scrapping the Ultimate Universe entirely, which they insist they're not, then Peter isn't "dead".  It's just more cheap sensationalism and cynical manipulation of fan emotion, just like every other thing that's happened in the monstrosity of Ultimatum.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a way that this could be salvaged that isn't exceptionally lame.  What a sad fate for a book that was the crown jewel of the fresh, crisp and brilliant Ultimate line.

Oh, and am I the only one who isn't cheering the return of Bagley?  If this really is the end of Ultimate Spidey than the return works as nostalgia and all that, but overall I find his art tedious, one-dimensional and redundant, with the same wide-eyed character model being used to death.  On the other hand, he did do action scenes extremely well.  Overall I prefer Immonen though.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@Vindellavon said:
    " @Morpheus_:  No, no multiple accounts. I spent most of my time on Livejournal, and I am quite new around here still. I'll always be Vindella. "
    I see. Nice talking to you then."

Same here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.