Tobey Maguire vs Andrew Garfield vs Tom Holland

• 138 results
Posted by kcomicfan (4690 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Tobey Maguire vs Andrew Garfield vs Tom Holland (230 votes)

Tobey Maguire 37%
Andrew Garfield 20%
Tom Holland 42%

Who played the best Spider-Man/Peter Parker?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#51 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11845 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@marvelman92 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Marvel could take a dump on a plate and call it gourmet cousine and people would eat it

Granted 10 votes isn't enough to substantiate anything but Holland winning 70% on 10m of screen time is a joke.

He's literally done nothing with the character yet we haven't seen before.

In fact he's done almost nothing period. Nailed the character? Please

he nailed the awkwardness, geekiness, interactions, and humnanity and as Spidey nailed the jokes . he was easily better than Maguire but not better than Garfield .

Maguire also nailed all those things, saved the Jokes. Also, for me Maguire encapsulated the nerdiness of Peter Parker far more than Holland did. He actually felt like a nerd.

Outside of jokes (which Garfield had), there's literally NOTHING special about what Holland did.

Maguire never nailed the awkwardness nor even the nerdiness. the guy was just a caricature of what a geek/ nerd is. Both Garfield and Holland nailed the geekiness and nerdiness even awkwardness of Peter Parker .

Garfield wasn't even a nerd. He was an outcast, a hippy, but never did I feel like "wow, this guy has it rough because of his intelligence/interest". In fact, he didn't at all seem that ostracized in his life. For God's sake even Flash was friends with him by the end of the FIRST movie.

Holland was awkward, but never did I get a "geeky" vibe from him that is a staple of Peter Parker.

Maguire was actually bullied, ostracized, an outcast, an actual nerd, and actually had to face real trials in his already sucky life.

#52 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@marvelman92 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Marvel could take a dump on a plate and call it gourmet cousine and people would eat it

Granted 10 votes isn't enough to substantiate anything but Holland winning 70% on 10m of screen time is a joke.

he nailed the awkwardness, geekiness, interactions, and humnanity and as Spidey nailed the jokes . he was easily better than Maguire but not better than Garfield .

Maguire also nailed all those things, saved the Jokes. Also, for me Maguire encapsulated the nerdiness of Peter Parker far more than Holland did. He actually felt like a nerd.

Outside of jokes (which Garfield had), there's literally NOTHING special about what Holland did.

Maguire never nailed the awkwardness nor even the nerdiness. the guy was just a caricature of what a geek/ nerd is. Both Garfield and Holland nailed the geekiness and nerdiness even awkwardness of Peter Parker .

Garfield wasn't even a nerd. He was an outcast, a hippy, but never did I feel like "wow, this guy has it rough because of his intelligence/interest". In fact, he didn't at all seem that ostracized in his life. For God's sake even Flash was friends with him by the end of the FIRST movie.

Holland was awkward, but never did I get a "geeky" vibe from him that is a staple of Peter Parker.

Maguire was actually bullied, ostracized, an outcast, an actual nerd, and actually had to face real trials in his already sucky life.

no, Garfield was a geek / nerd. he was picked on alot by a couple of jerkwads even Flash. People don't get picked on by everybody. it's just a couple of jerkwads and people you got mad at. the same things have always happened to Peter in the comics and other media . Flash was friends with him at the end of the first film because he related to what happened to his uncle and matured at the end. Holland is a geek /nerd. they all mostly act and look like Garfield and Holland nowadays. Maguire was just a caricature. his whole outcast thing was just something out of a cartoon .

#53 Posted by wrucebayne (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield. Holland hasn't had enough screen time yet. Garfield's Peter is the fault of the writing, not the acting, but his Spidey is the absolute best.

#54 Posted by DottiestMoon (1423 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby Maguire was in 3 films as the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Andrew Garfield did his preformance of Peter Parker/ Spider-Man for 2 films

Tom Holland was Peter Parker/Spider-Man for about 30 minutes in a single film where Spider-Man was a side character...and he was the best Spider-Man I have seen as of yet! He literally stole the show.

Tom played Peter so well, a young awkward teenager attempting to learn how to use powers he had just recently acquired. He had some funny spidey quips that fit perfectly for a first starting out Spider-Man, the starstruck and shocked moments when meeting individual avengers, and his embarrasment when talking to Tony was so fantastic. It's also a plus that he does all his own stunts. That kid literally does SpiderMan backflips in his backyard!

THIS! I've couldn't agreed anymore. I could kiss you

#55 Posted by ItsaWorld (2376 posts) - - Show Bio

@dottiestmoon:

Here's something that will make you happier than that! So I bought Civil War and my dad wanted my mother to watch it so I brought it over and we saw it together as a family. Right when the scene hits where we have in big bold letters "QUEENS" shine on the screen, my dad immediatley perks up and shakes my mother to get her attention saying "not THIS is when the movie gets good" He later confessed that when he first saw it in theaters he wasn't impressed until the scene where Peter Parker is introduced. There he is howling at everything that is happening and whispering to his wife 'just look at him!' He loved every moment.

This is the man that brought me to Toby Mguire's Spidey Films when I was a kid. He fairly liked them but didn't think much of them. We watched ASM on TV but it didn't do it for him....he see's Tom Holland and he brightens up.

My mother on the other hand was like 'WAIT! SPIDERMAN IS IN THIS MOVIE?!' and she got excited. She laughed at all the quips and interactions he had with Tony and went ballistic when Ant Man appeared.

It's really true what critics said that 'the movie would have been entirely different if not for antman and spiderman'

The proof given by my mom and dad reveals the movie would have been kinda...lame...and for a couple who have seen every spiderman film that was released, this is the one they were ecstatic about. My father doesn't show much interest in a lot of comic movies but the two he wants to see next year is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 and Spider-Man Homecoming.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#56 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5796 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom definitely is how pete should of always been portrayed since the beginning

#57 Posted by daviddv0601 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

10 minutes in the movie and he is already the best Spider-Man I have ever seen! He has that geeky personality which is what makes Spider-Man such a relatable character, while still being the wise crack with the heart and being smart in battle. This is the Spider-Man I want to see fighting Spider-Man's archenemy, the Green Goblin!!! Seriously though, Tom Holland is like Ben Affleck to me. I wasn't sure of them replacing the masters of the previous roles like Christian Bale as Batman and Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man but when these two shown on screen, they became the new faces of my favourite heroes for live-action! I prefer Tobey over Andrew for two reasons, Peter Parker is supposed to look geeky and not like some hot guy, and he is just too much of a dickhead Spider-Man. But I will give three credits for Andrew's Spider-Man. He was smart in battle, he was actually working with his web shooters to help him fight in battle and the action scenes with his Spider-Man were great! But like I said, between Tobey and Andrew, Tobey is better. Between Tobey and Tom, Tom is better. Tom is everything Spider-Man should be! Geeky, but not over the top. Smart, but not too cocky. Adorable, but not too awkward. AND THAT WAS ONLY WITH TEN MINUTES OF SCREEN TIME FOR HIM!!! I can't wait until his solo movie! Same for Black Panther.

#58 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@daviddv0601 said:

10 minutes in the movie and he is already the best Spider-Man I have ever seen! He has that geeky personality which is what makes Spider-Man such a relatable character, while still being the wise crack with the heart and being smart in battle. This is the Spider-Man I want to see fighting Spider-Man's archenemy, the Green Goblin!!! Seriously though, Tom Holland is like Ben Affleck to me. I wasn't sure of them replacing the masters of the previous roles like Christian Bale as Batman and Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man but when these two shown on screen, they became the new faces of my favourite heroes for live-action! I prefer Tobey over Andrew for two reasons, Peter Parker is supposed to look geeky and not like some hot guy, and he is just too much of a dickhead Spider-Man. But I will give three credits for Andrew's Spider-Man. He was smart in battle, he was actually working with his web shooters to help him fight in battle and the action scenes with his Spider-Man were great! But like I said, between Tobey and Andrew, Tobey is better. Between Tobey and Tom, Tom is better. Tom is everything Spider-Man should be! Geeky, but not over the top. Smart, but not too cocky. Adorable, but not too awkward. AND THAT WAS ONLY WITH TEN MINUTES OF SCREEN TIME FOR HIM!!! I can't wait until his solo movie! Same for Black Panther.

Actually Peter Was Never Really Ugly Nor More Than Just Average Looking. He Was Very Good Looking And Even Had Alot Of Women Complement Him On That. Also Peter Was A Bit Cocky Like Anyone Would Be. Between Andrew And Tobey, Andrew Was Better. And Between Andrew And Tom, As Much As I Like Tom In The Role, I Have To Say Garfield As He Not Only Is Everything Peter Should Be But How A Person Should Be. I Like Tom And I Believe He'll Do Incredibly Well In Homecoming, But The Film Being PC Is Actually Just Turning Me Off .

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#59 Posted by infantfinite128 (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

@daviddv0601 said:

Actually Peter Was Never Really Ugly Nor More Than Just Average Looking. He Was Very Good Looking And Even Had Alot Of Women Complement Him On That. Also Peter Was A Bit Cocky Like Anyone Would Be. Between Andrew And Tobey, Andrew Was Better. And Between Andrew And Tom, As Much As I Like Tom In The Role, I Have To Say Garfield As He Not Only Is Everything Peter Should Be But How A Person Should Be. I Like Tom And I Believe He'll Do Incredibly Well In Homecoming, But The Film Being PC Is Actually Just Turning Me Off .

I don't understand why people always ignore that. Also, when people shot at him, he shot back at them. Peter was never a doofus. I liked all three actors, but I agree with you. Everything I didn't like about Garfield wasn't his fault. He did a good job, and I feel bad for him because he really understood the character.

#60 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@daviddv0601 said:

I don't understand why people always ignore that. Also, when people shot at him, he shot back at them. Peter was never a doofus. I liked all three actors, but I agree with you. Everything I didn't like about Garfield wasn't his fault. He did a good job, and I feel bad for him because he really understood the character.

He Did Great In The Role. Just Wish The Series Continued As It Would Easily Fit Within The MCU And Would Work Well As A Continuation For Netflix.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#61 Posted by infantfinite128 (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Agreed! We also had a great Aunt May with Sally Field, and I feel like we're loosing an important dynamic having this new version of Aunt May. One of the best things in the early years was Peter feeling so responsible to take care of his weak old aunt. People who take care of infants and the elderly are given an incredible responsibility and develop an incredible sense of compassion through that. That's one of the many things that shaped Peter into such an amazing guy in my opinion.

#62 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@infantfinite128 said:

@marvelman92: Agreed! We also had a great Aunt May with Sally Field, and I feel like we're loosing an important dynamic having this new version of Aunt May. One of the best things in the early years was Peter feeling so responsible to take care of his weak old aunt. People who take care of infants and the elderly are given an incredible responsibility and develop an incredible sense of compassion through that. That's one of the many things that shaped Peter into such an amazing guy in my opinion.

Well I Prefer Aunt May Young But Still Old Like In Her Mid 50s. Here She Could Be Considered A.........GILF Or A MIlf Or An AILF.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#63 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#64 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Holland > Maguire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garfield

Maguire was awesome. Nailed Peter Parker in all the right ways, had that innate sense of goodness and the desire to help, the loving relationship with Aunt May, everything important, and he made some good quips as well. My one complaint is that he could've talked more and emphasized Peter's newfound confidence a bit more, but his performance will always be near and dear to my heart.

Garfield......what the hell. His Spidey in ASM2 was fine (until he MURDERED ELECTRO AND MADE A JOKE ABOUT IT), I guess, but his Peter? Absolute trash. I've never been angrier at a cinematic portrayal than that garbage they were asking us to accept. All that little prick cared about was sex and getting validation. I actively felt sorry for everyone he came in contact with because their lives were actively worse, and he did all of it on purpose! Any Peter who is asked to prevent the death of someone close to him and says "Nah, I'd rather just get some," is a disgrace.

Holland shocked me. Ever watch something on screen and just know that that's...it? That it was completely nailed? That was Holland. I admit I was suspicious when he walked in with that weird logo shirt, but when he started interacting with people? Trying nervously to hide his costume and making really lame excuses? Freaking out over all the craziness that was happening around him? Absolute heaven. The moment when he webbed Tony's hand to the door and said "Don't tell Aunt May," had me squealing and bouncing up and down in my seat like a 5-year-old girl.

#65 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:

Holland > Maguire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garfield

Maguire was awesome. Nailed Peter Parker in all the right ways, had that innate sense of goodness and the desire to help, the loving relationship with Aunt May, everything important, and he made some good quips as well. My one complaint is that he could've talked more and emphasized Peter's newfound confidence a bit more, but his performance will always be near and dear to my heart.

Not Really. Maguire Was Just Really Dorky As Peter. And I Mean More Than A Dork Peter Ever Was As Throughout The Series He Rarely Talked, Rarely Emoted, Had No Sense Of Humor, And Had That Aw Shawks Golly Gee Personality. I Know Peter Is Nice But Maguire Was Way Too Sweet. And Him Being Picked On Was Paibful Enough To See Even Having The Other Nerds Pick On Him For No Reason. Usualyy He Gets Picked On Because Of His Time As Spider-Man And From Flash, His Group, And Other Jerkwards. But Here They Just Made Peter Into This Complete Fool.

As For His Spider-Man. He Made Quips Sure But They Were Only Just 2 Or 3 Each And None Of Them Delivered Good. And Not Only Does He Rarely Joke But He Sounds Nothing Like Spider-Man. Like When He Was Saving Those Two Kids Off The Street From A Truck He Says To Them "Hey You Guys, No Playing In The Street". And All The Time He Seems To Serious. I Know Spidey Is Serious But That's Just A Trait To His Identity. Here He Just Seems Like A Generic Action Hero. More Like Cap But Less Interesting And Likable.

His Take On The Character Was Just The Worse. Even Lower Than Hammond IMO

Garfield......what the hell. His Spidey in ASM2 was fine (until he MURDERED ELECTRO AND MADE A JOKE ABOUT IT), I guess, but his Peter? Absolute trash. I've never been angrier at a cinematic portrayal than that garbage they were asking us to accept. All that little prick cared about was sex and getting validation. I actively felt sorry for everyone he came in contact with because their lives were actively worse, and he did all of it on purpose! Any Peter who is asked to prevent the death of someone close to him and says "Nah, I'd rather just get some," is a disgrace.

Garfield As Peter Was Great. He Was A Modern Day Geek / Nerd Who Just Gets Treated Like Any Normal Person Except By Jerks Like Flash And Other Jerkwads. He Has A Sense Of Morality And Actually Cares For His Loved Ones Than He Does Himself. He's A Bit Cocky Yeah But Aren't We All Like That. I Mean I Actually Tried To Humilate My Bully And I've Seen Other People Do It Too. Peter In The Comics Wasn't Really Much Of A Nice Person Even In The Later Series. He's Nice But Not A Sweetheart. The Guy Is Human. He Has Flaws. Garfield As Peter Showed That He Actually Does Care And Actually Does Think For Others Before He Does Himself.

As For His Spider-Man. GREAT! BEAUTIFUL! Never In My Life Have I Seen Spidey Done Great Quite Like This. Not Only Does He Joke Alot But He Actually Delivers Them Well And Actually Does Make Him More Focused And Quiet When He Needs To Be. He Actually Uses His Intelligence During Battle .

He Also Focuses On Saving People Even Choosing To Save Them Over Stopping His Foes. The Guy Does Well In Emoting With His Mask And Body Making Him Become One With The Spider.

As For Electro, He Didn't Joke About It Nor Did He Mean To Kill Him. The Electricity Malfunctioned On Him Making Him Turned To Particals.

Garfield Was A Brilliant Peter Parker And Spider-Man, Giving Us What Peter And An Actual Person Would Be Like Today Even Having To Stay True To Alot Of Aspects Of Spidey .

Holland shocked me. Ever watch something on screen and just know that that's...it? That it was completely nailed? That was Holland. I admit I was suspicious when he walked in with that weird logo shirt, but when he started interacting with people? Trying nervously to hide his costume and making really lame excuses? Freaking out over all the craziness that was happening around him? Absolute heaven. The moment when he webbed Tony's hand to the door and said "Don't tell Aunt May," had me squealing and bouncing up and down in my seat like a 5-year-old girl.

Holland Was Not A Shocker To Like. The Guy Was Young And Was Under The Influence Of Two Great Directors And A Good Script. The Guy Was Convincing As A Young Geeky Version Of Peter Even Having Some Traits Of Garfield's Peter But Quirkier. And As Spidey He Does Well On The Jokes, Deliveries, And Interactions With The Other Heroes. However, The Only Problem He Has Was That He Was Too Much Of A Fanboy To Think Things Through Like To Ask Stark On Why He Wants To Face Captain America And What Info He Has On Him . Instead The Kid Tags Along Because Stark Is His Idol Or Something. He He Says Cap Is Bad And Should Be Stop Because Of What He's Doing Instead Of Just Trying To Get His Side Of The Story. I Know This Kid Is Young And Spidey Was Young And Geeked Out On Other Heroes But Never Before Did He Act Like This. Oh Well. Here's Hoping Holland Improves On Homecoming.

I'll Go Something In The Lines Of This: Garfield>>>>>Holland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(times Infinity)>>>>>>>>>>Maguire.

#66 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:

Not Really. Maguire Was Just Really Dorky As Peter. And I Mean More Than A Dork Peter Ever Was As Throughout The Series He Rarely Talked, Rarely Emoted, Had No Sense Of Humor, And Had That Aw Shawks Golly Gee Personality. I Know Peter Is Nice But Maguire Was Way Too Sweet. And Him Being Picked On Was Paibful Enough To See Even Having The Other Nerds Pick On Him For No Reason. Usualyy He Gets Picked On Because Of His Time As Spider-Man And From Flash, His Group, And Other Jerkwards. But Here They Just Made Peter Into This Complete Fool.

As For His Spider-Man. He Made Quips Sure But They Were Only Just 2 Or 3 Each And None Of Them Delivered Good. And Not Only Does He Rarely Joke But He Sounds Nothing Like Spider-Man. Like When He Was Saving Those Two Kids Off The Street From A Truck He Says To Them "Hey You Guys, No Playing In The Street". And All The Time He Seems To Serious. I Know Spidey Is Serious But That's Just A Trait To His Identity. Here He Just Seems Like A Generic Action Hero. More Like Cap But Less Interesting And Likable.

Maguire's early Peter was just like Pete in the old days. Shy, reserved, passionate about science when no one else was, a loser who was only really liked by his aunt and uncle. In fact, they made him a bit better off than original Peter by giving him Harry. Original Peter didn't even have any friends. He just went to school, got picked on (by a lot more people, I might add. This is the dude where almost the entire school gathered to see him get the crap slapped out of him by Flash in a boxing match) went home alone, and studied. The only person he hung out with in those days was May. And Peter is a total sweetheart. This is the guy who, in the middle of having a crappy day, will stop what he's doing to take a kid who's getting bullied web-slinging and buy him ice cream.

And as for his Spidey, he had a few good zingers. Ock telling him "You're getting on my nerves!" with him firing back "I have a knack for that!" was pitch perfect, as was "Here's your change!" And the wrestling had a few good ones too. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!" "Staying away from you!" I agree he could've talked more, but the jokes he did make were usually alright-great.

And I don't know why everyone loves to forget this, but when things get serious, Spidey shuts the hell up cause he's concentrating and stops fooling around. It's like Ock says in Spectcaular "I knew you were getting serious when you finally stopped your pathetic little jokes." Look back at the very first Spidey vs. Venom issue. Spidey doesn't crack a single joke there, and that was when Venom had only SCARED MJ. The bad guys in these films were on the brink of KILLING her in the climax of each movie. It's actually a really nice attention to detail. Peter's joking throughout the first half of the bank fight with Ock, but the minute May gets grabbed, all chatter stops.

Garfield As Peter Was Great. He Was A Modern Day Geek / Nerd Who Just Gets Treated Like Any Normal Person Except By Jerks Like Flash And Other Jerkwads. He Has A Sense Of Morality And Actually Cares For His Loved Ones Than He Does Himself. He's A Bit Cocky Yeah But Aren't We All Like That. I Mean I Actually Tried To Humilate My Bully And I've Seen Other People Do It Too. Peter In The Comics Wasn't Really Much Of A Nice Person Even In The Later Series. He's Nice But Not A Sweetheart. The Guy Is Human. He Has Flaws. Garfield As Peter Showed That He Actually Does Care And Actually Does Think For Others Before He Does Himself.

As For His Spider-Man. GREAT! BEAUTIFUL! Never In My Life Have I Seen Spidey Done Great Quite Like This. Not Only Does He Joke Alot But He Actually Delivers Them Well And Actually Does Make Him More Focused And Quiet When He Needs To Be. He Actually Uses His Intelligence During Battle .

He Also Focuses On Saving People Even Choosing To Save Them Over Stopping His Foes. The Guy Does Well In Emoting With His Mask And Body Making Him Become One With The Spider.

As For Electro, He Didn't Joke About It Nor Did He Mean To Kill Him. The Electricity Malfunctioned On Him Making Him Turned To Particals.

Garfield Was A Brilliant Peter Parker And Spider-Man, Giving Us What Peter And An Actual Person Would Be Like Today Even Having To Stay True To Alot Of Aspects Of Spidey .

Gonna have to disagree with you hard on that sense of morality. Peter did almost everything for himself, and he certainly didn't have a sense of caring.

Uncle Ben: Peter, pick up May after school.

*in a later scene, the phone rings*

Doc Connors: Do you need to take that? (most likely willing to postpone, at least until tomorrow, if Peter tells him it's a family thing)

Peter: Nope! *click*

Uncle Ben: Peter! Your aging, frail aunt had to walk like 20 blocks in the middle of the night! She could've been mugged or worse! What the hell?!

Peter: Psh, whatever. She looks fine to me, old man.

*later*

Peter: *steals someone's identity for his own selfish whims instead of just freaking making a call and scheduling an appointment like Connors actually suggests to him later, watches smugly as dude who actually earned his way into this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is dragged out kicking and screaming*

Peter: GO TO SLEEP, AUNT MAY!

And the worst:

Captain Stacy (with a little help from me): Peter, I've just given my life to save you and taught you a hard lesson about how you can't save everyone no matter how hard you try. My last request is that you stay away from my daughter, who you've only known for like a couple of months at most so it can't possibly be that hard to do, so she doesn't end up also bleeding out on a rooftop or worse. Because if you love someone, you'd rather lose them than condemn them to a painful death, right? Let's not forget that the original Peter had this exact same choice in the comics and chose to do the right thing because he actually cared about helping others even at a cost to himself. Time to really prove yourself as Spider-Man.

Me: *waits expectantly*

Peter: Weeell, see, your daughter's really hot and I haven't had sex with her yet, so no can do, buddy! I'll willingly take the risk that she might die even though I've literally just seen that people who are drawn into my superhero life die no matter how hard I try to save them. As long as I get some Gwen action, screw responsibility!

Me: *double facepalm complete with a groan* WHHHHYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!!!

Actually, just remembered an almost as bad one from 2:

Peter: I'm moving to London cause my hot girlfriend is moving there! Sure, I now know that OsCorp plans to control and unleash a whole bunch of super-villains on New York and a lot of innocent people will die if that happens, but I've decided sex >>> lives. What's that, you say? Aunt May depends on the money from my pictures to live and if I suddenly leave, she'll go into poverty and most likely be forced to live on the streets? Meh.

And a whole host of other moments I'm not gonna type out. Dude made my skin crawl.

Even his Spidey is tainted by his Peter! He becomes Spidey to murder someone and goes on a rampage through the streets, even leaving the people he's saving screaming for help! That scene HORRIFIED me, because the first thought I had was "This guy's proving Jameson right! He IS a violent menace who takes the law into his own hands to serve a vicious agenda! Holy crap!"

And while I am glad his Spidey joked more, they took it too far in the other direction. Rhino's in a truck actively barreling through the streets, smashing into other cars and presumably murdering a lot of people since those cars were moving and it's the middle of NYC. Spidey, being the hero he is, decides this is the perfect time to chill out on the side of the car and tell Rhino really lame jokes like "Just don't call me late for dinner!" for 5 minutes while the truck is still in motion and presumably still murdering people instead of, oh I don't know, STOPPING THE TRUCK AND SAVING THE LIVES OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE.

And let's not forget when he blows up Electro (which went exactly according to his plan btw, no accident there), turns to Gwen and goes "I think we can still make your flight! ^_^"

It's fine if you disagree, but I can't abide by Garfield on any level.

Holland Was Not A Shocker To Like. The Guy Was Young And Was Under The Influence Of Two Great Directors And A Good Script. The Guy Was Convincing As A Young Geeky Version Of Peter Even Having Some Traits Of Garfield's Peter But Quirkier. And As Spidey He Does Well On The Jokes, Deliveries, And Interactions With The Other Heroes. However, The Only Problem He Has Was That He Was Too Much Of A Fanboy To Think Things Through Like To Ask Stark On Why He Wants To Face Captain America And What Info He Has On Him . Instead The Kid Tags Along Because Stark Is His Idol Or Something. He He Says Cap Is Bad And Should Be Stop Because Of What He's Doing Instead Of Just Trying To Get His Side Of The Story. I Know This Kid Is Young And Spidey Was Young And Geeked Out On Other Heroes But Never Before Did He Act Like This. Oh Well. Here's Hoping Holland Improves On Homecoming.

I'll Go Something In The Lines Of This: Garfield>>>>>Holland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(times Infinity)>>>>>>>>>>Maguire.

Actually, original Peter totally acted like this. Before he matured, he often went into his fights without thinking or trying to reason out what was the best thing to do, but rather reacting to what he thought was right in the moment (and even not so right, like when he picked a fight with the Human Torch to steal his girlfriend). And it was really easy for him to be blinded by the prospect of money (which Tony has A LOT of). The first time he fought Chameleon? Chameleon lured him into a trap with the promise of getting paid. First fight with Vulture? He didn't even care about stopping him. He only wanted to follow him to get pictures and get paid. And let's not forget his showbiz backstory.

Also, Tony is a worldwide hero with a great reputation while Cap recently went rogue and brought down a section of the government and Bucky is being hunted down for being a mass murderer and killing the king of a country. It's little wonder Spidey would side with what every piece of evidence points to as the good side.

#67 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Maguire's early Peter was just like Pete in the old days. Shy, reserved, passionate about science when no one else was, a loser who was only really liked by his aunt and uncle. In fact, they made him a bit better off than original Peter by giving him Harry. Original Peter didn't even have any friends. He just went to school, got picked on (by a lot more people, I might add. This is the dude where almost the entire school gathered to see him get the crap slapped out of him by Flash in a boxing match) went home alone, and studied. The only person he hung out with in those days was May. And Peter is a total sweetheart. This is the guy who, in the middle of having a crappy day, will stop what he's doing to take a kid who's getting bullied web-slinging and buy him ice cream.

And as for his Spidey, he had a few good zingers. Ock telling him "You're getting on my nerves!" with him firing back "I have a knack for that!" was pitch perfect, as was "Here's your change!" And the wrestling had a few good ones too. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!" "Staying away from you!" I agree he could've talked more, but the jokes he did make were usually alright-great.

And I don't know why everyone loves to forget this, but when things get serious, Spidey shuts the hell up cause he's concentrating and stops fooling around. It's like Ock says in Spectcaular "I knew you were getting serious when you finally stopped your pathetic little jokes." Look back at the very first Spidey vs. Venom issue. Spidey doesn't crack a single joke there, and that was when Venom had only SCARED MJ. The bad guys in these films were on the brink of KILLING her in the climax of each movie. It's actually a really nice attention to detail. Peter's joking throughout the first half of the bank fight with Ock, but the minute May gets grabbed, all chatter stops.

Gonna have to disagree with you hard on that sense of morality. Peter did almost everything for himself, and he certainly didn't have a sense of caring.

Doc Connors: Do you need to take that? (most likely willing to postpone, at least until tomorrow, if Peter tells him it's a family thing)

Uncle Ben: Peter! Your aging, frail aunt had to walk like 20 blocks in the middle of the night! She could've been mugged or worse! What the hell?!

*later*

Peter: *steals someone's identity for his own selfish whims instead of just freaking making a call and scheduling an appointment like Connors actually suggests to him later, watches smugly as dude who actually earned his way into this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is dragged out kicking and screaming*

And the worst:

Captain Stacy (with a little help from me): Peter, I've just given my life to save you and taught you a hard lesson about how you can't save everyone no matter how hard you try. My last request is that you stay away from my daughter, who you've only known for like a couple of months at most so it can't possibly be that hard to do, so she doesn't end up also bleeding out on a rooftop or worse. Because if you love someone, you'd rather lose them than condemn them to a painful death, right? Let's not forget that the original Peter had this exact same choice in the comics and chose to do the right thing because he actually cared about helping others even at a cost to himself. Time to really prove yourself as Spider-Man.

Peter: Weeell, see, your daughter's really hot and I haven't had sex with her yet, so no can do, buddy! I'll willingly take the risk that she might die even though I've literally just seen that people who are drawn into my superhero life die no matter how hard I try to save them. As long as I get some Gwen action, screw responsibility!

Peter: I'm moving to London cause my hot girlfriend is moving there! Sure, I now know that OsCorp plans to control and unleash a whole bunch of super-villains on New York and a lot of innocent people will die if that happens, but I've decided sex >>> lives. What's that, you say? Aunt May depends on the money from my pictures to live and if I suddenly leave, she'll go into poverty and most likely be forced to live on the streets? Meh.

And a whole host of other moments I'm not gonna type out. Dude made my skin crawl.

Even his Spidey is tainted by his Peter! He becomes Spidey to murder someone and goes on a rampage through the streets, even leaving the people he's saving screaming for help! That scene HORRIFIED me, because the first thought I had was "This guy's proving Jameson right! He IS a violent menace who takes the law into his own hands to serve a vicious agenda! Holy crap!"

And while I am glad his Spidey joked more, they took it too far in the other direction. Rhino's in a truck actively barreling through the streets, smashing into other cars and presumably murdering a lot of people since those cars were moving and it's the middle of NYC. Spidey, being the hero he is, decides this is the perfect time to chill out on the side of the car and tell Rhino really lame jokes like "Just don't call me late for dinner!" for 5 minutes while the truck is still in motion and presumably still murdering people instead of, oh I don't know, STOPPING THE TRUCK AND SAVING THE LIVES OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE.

And let's not forget when he blows up Electro (which went exactly according to his plan btw, no accident there), turns to Gwen and goes "I think we can still make your flight! ^_^"

Actually, original Peter totally acted like this. Before he matured, he often went into his fights without thinking or trying to reason out what was the best thing to do, but rather reacting to what he thought was right in the moment (and even not so right, like when he picked a fight with the Human Torch to steal his girlfriend). And it was really easy for him to be blinded by the prospect of money (which Tony has A LOT of). The first time he fought Chameleon? Chameleon lured him into a trap with the promise of getting paid. First fight with Vulture? He didn't even care about stopping him. He only wanted to follow him to get pictures and get paid. And let's not forget his showbiz backstory.

Also, Tony is a worldwide hero with a great reputation while Cap recently went rogue and brought down a section of the government and Bucky is being hunted down for being a mass murderer and killing the king of a country. It's little wonder Spidey would side with what every piece of evidence points to as the good side.

Peter Was A Nerd. Passionate About Science Yes But That Peter Was More Human Than What Maguire Portrayed Him As. Mostly The School Just Loved To See Him Get The Heck Beaten Out By Flash Are Just Some Jerks And Really, People Are Like This Towards Anyone They Don't Know. It Happens A Bunch Of Times. Throw In A Weak Kid Or Another Kid Getting Picked On And They'll Likely Enjoy It. It's A Sick Trend. Most People Just Stood There Watching Feeling Helpless And Weak And Because Their Life Would Get Alot Worse If They Try To Help Out.

The Other Things You've Described Peter Were What Garfield Did. Just Doing Things By Himself Reading Books And Working On His Computer And Being Nice To Kids And Other People. Maguire Just Barely Did That. And When He Did Study Alone It Was Just Played For Laughs Instead Of Just Feeling Natural. Like I Get It. He's A Nerd. But Just Try And Play It More Natural .

Those Were Honestly Three Good One Liners. All Seperate. The Rest Were Actually Just Stale And Just Sounded Nothing Like Spider-Man In Those Deliveries.

I Know He Doesn't Joke Under Really Serious Situations. It's Just That The Majority Of Those Situations Never Gave Spidey The Opportunity To Show Off His Trademark Humor. Most Of Those Just Play Off The Script And It Mostly Came From MJ. LIke Seriously, They Could've Let Him Have Some Opportunity To Give This Take Any Character Instead Of Just A Really Bland Hero . They're Just Mostly Plot Devices.

He Got Preoccupied And The Whole Project He And Connors Were Working On Distracted Him . He Felt Bad About It When He Found Out He Forgot.

*later*

Dude, That Was A Real Human Scene. Peter Was Just Coming Home Bruised Hiding Them From His Aunt And As His Aunt Pressured Him It Just Terrified Him Telling Her Nicely And Politely To Just Go To Sleep. Anyone Had Something Like That. It's Not Like He Called His Aunt A B@#$% And Tell Her To Go Shut The @#$% Up. He Just Told Her To Go To Sleep Because It Was Scaring Him That He Scared Her. It's Basically What Anyone Would Do Under This Situation. Peter Has Been Like This As Well Towards A Couple Of People In The Past. He Just Didn't Mean To Behave This Way. It Just That His Time As Spider-Man Gets Him Pretty Stressed Out. Garfield Actually Does Care For His Aunt May Taking Care Of Her, Making Sure She's Fine, And Of Course Apologized To Her Several Times. You Really Expect Him To Be This Big Nicest Guy In The Universe. The Guy Is A Person. He's Suppose To Be Like Us. Making Mistakes, Shouting At People Out Of Anger, Anything A Person Would Likely Do Under Any Situations And Other Circumstances And Other Moments. He's Not Really A Complete Sweetheart.

And the worst:

Actually This Take On The Whole Thing Was Really Interesting And Pretty Much In Character. Peter Did Actually Want To Leave Gwen After What Happened. But Thanks To His Aunt May's Advice And Support, The Support Of The People Of New York, And Seeing Spider-Man As A Symbol Of Hope He Actually Decides To Go Back With Gwen Thinking He'll Do Fine Protecting Her.

Actually With The Whole Situation At Oscorp And How His Friend Is And This Whole Thing He's Actually Learning And Everything That The Guy Went Through Made Him Believe That All Of This Was Just Pressuring Him And Just Really Taking A Toll Of This Guy. So He Just Wanted To Start A Normal Life With Gwen. Plus He Doesn't Have All The Evidence As Oscorp Is Good At Covering Tracks. Amd Lastly We Really Don't Know Nor Would It Seem That Oscorp Is Actually Just Unleashing A Bunch Of Creatures In New York But Just Seem To Just Be Doing Some Incredibly And Dangerous Illegal Experiments. He'll Stop Them Sure But He Just Wanted A Normal Life Again. And Aunt May Did Advise Him To Go And See Gwen So......

Moments That Actually Show Us Alot Of What You're Misunderstanding And Moments That Actually Alot More Reasonable To Peter. Like Seriously, Most Of What You're Saying Seems Like You Expect Way Too Much From Peter Nor Does It Seem That You Understand What A Person Acts Like Or Goes Through In Real Life. Like, You Act Like He's Just Worse Than A Thug Or Even Hitler Or Something. It's Like Saying That A Bunny Is Just As Vicious As A Tiger Or Even A Lion Or A Wolf Or Even A Grizzly Bear For That Matter .

Actually This Take On The Origin Was Just Peter's Way Of Coping With His Guilt. He Actually Thinks He's Doing Good By Trying To Stop Bad Guys And Hunting Down His Uncle's Murderer. You See Him Making His Costume, Joking Around With His Uncle's Killer, And Even Debating With Captain George Stacy About Spider-Man's Heroics. It's Just A Newly Fresh Take On The Character's Development. Had This Been A Show We Would've Seen Some Expanded Development For Him As Spidey .

Besides Spidey Was Never The Most Stable Character To Begin With.

Actually He Was Trying To Stop The Aleski Grabbing His Vehicle And Him Starting Out With A Sense Of Humor Is In Character For Spidey. It's How He Normally Starts Things.

Actually He Meant To Stop Him. Making Him Evaporate Was What Was Expected From The Plan. He Tried To Short Circuit Him First But It Didn't Work As It Would Have The Second Time. But Since Things Were Over And Dealt With He Just Wants To Get Back On His Life And That He Uses This Bit Of Humor To Just Calm Himself Down In That Moment.

From What It Seems It Looks Like You Expected Way Too Much For Peter . The Guy Is Just A Person. Even Though The Guy Is Sweet And Nice (And Even Kind If You Want To Call It That) He Can Be A Bit Of A Jerk And Have His Moments. It's Called Being A Flawed Person. Something Peter Always Was.

Those Sound Like Jerkish Moments Of The Character. Some Things That Were Worse Than What Garfield Does. It Just Makes The Guy More Of A Selfish Jerk. The Things Garfield Did Were Reasonable But These Were Just Really Crazy . Even For A Teenager Those Are Just Really Crazy.

But This Is Captain America They're Talking About. Wouldn't He Want To Hear Why America And The World's Greatest Hero Is Going Rogue And Doesn't Stark Know That Bucky Was And Probably Still Is Mind Controlled? Should Peter Find This A Bit Odd? I Know It's Questonable But Even As A Teenager He Should Have A Say In This. I Don't Think Even Garfield Would Agree Without Asking.

#68 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92:

Peter Was A Nerd. Passionate About Science Yes But That Peter Was More Human Than What Maguire Portrayed Him As. Mostly The School Just Loved To See Him Get The Heck Beaten Out By Flash Are Just Some Jerks And Really, People Are Like This Towards Anyone They Don't Know. It Happens A Bunch Of Times. Throw In A Weak Kid Or Another Kid Getting Picked On And They'll Likely Enjoy It. It's A Sick Trend. Most People Just Stood There Watching Feeling Helpless And Weak And Because Their Life Would Get Alot Worse If They Try To Help Out.

The Other Things You've Described Peter Were What Garfield Did. Just Doing Things By Himself Reading Books And Working On His Computer And Being Nice To Kids And Other People. Maguire Just Barely Did That. And When He Did Study Alone It Was Just Played For Laughs Instead Of Just Feeling Natural. Like I Get It. He's A Nerd. But Just Try And Play It More Natural .

I can't remember any moments where he was alone studying and it was played for laughs unless you're talking about the montage in 2. Anyway, to each their own. I thought he was perfectly human. I even know some people like him.

He Got Preoccupied And The Whole Project He And Connors Were Working On Distracted Him . He Felt Bad About It When He Found Out He Forgot.

He wasn't preoccupied. He even looked right at the phone and hung it up.

Dude, That Was A Real Human Scene. Peter Was Just Coming Home Bruised Hiding Them From His Aunt And As His Aunt Pressured Him It Just Terrified Him Telling Her Nicely And Politely To Just Go To Sleep. Anyone Had Something Like That. It's Not Like He Called His Aunt A B@#$% And Tell Her To Go Shut The @#$% Up. He Just Told Her To Go To Sleep Because It Was Scaring Him That He Scared Her. It's Basically What Anyone Would Do Under This Situation. Peter Has Been Like This As Well Towards A Couple Of People In The Past. He Just Didn't Mean To Behave This Way. It Just That His Time As Spider-Man Gets Him Pretty Stressed Out. Garfield Actually Does Care For His Aunt May Taking Care Of Her, Making Sure She's Fine, And Of Course Apologized To Her Several Times. You Really Expect Him To Be This Big Nicest Guy In The Universe. The Guy Is A Person. He's Suppose To Be Like Us. Making Mistakes, Shouting At People Out Of Anger, Anything A Person Would Likely Do Under Any Situations And Other Circumstances And Other Moments. He's Not Really A Complete Sweetheart.

Well of course he isn't going to curse her out, it's PG-13. The intent is basically the same. She's trying to help him and he responds by basically telling her to shut up and go away. And really, he takes care of her? That's funny because last time I checked, he spends 90% of the movie ignoring her existence and leaving her looking worried and sad in the kitchen. I can't think of a single scene in that entire first movie besides the eggs at the very end when he legitimately displays concern for her wellbeing, and even in that scene it's him who gets comfort, not her. She's just left to wallow in pain despite the fact that her husband just died. If my father had just died and I found my mom crying alone in her room, you're dang right I'd go in there and try and make her feel better instead of making her feel worse by shoving her away and worrying her. That's not being the "nicest guy in the universe." That's being a decent human being. It's not that I don't expect them to fight and have turbulence. I just expect him to care. This woman is supposed to be his real mother, his world. And she's not. To Garfield, she's an afterthought.

Actually This Take On The Whole Thing Was Really Interesting And Pretty Much In Character. Peter Did Actually Want To Leave Gwen After What Happened. But Thanks To His Aunt May's Advice And Support, The Support Of The People Of New York, And Seeing Spider-Man As A Symbol Of Hope He Actually Decides To Go Back With Gwen Thinking He'll Do Fine Protecting Her.

"Aw, people like me! Guess I'll do fine protecting Gwen. Even though the last time I tried to protect someone who knew my secret, they died in front of me. Even though he told me to my face I won't be able to protect her. Even though he died to save my life and it would be extremely messed up not to honor his last request. Even though the universe JUST showed me I will absolutely NOT do fine protecting Gwen! Gotta get that Gwen action! Her life doesn't matter!"

Actually With The Whole Situation At Oscorp And How His Friend Is And This Whole Thing He's Actually Learning And Everything That The Guy Went Through Made Him Believe That All Of This Was Just Pressuring Him And Just Really Taking A Toll Of This Guy. So He Just Wanted To Start A Normal Life With Gwen. Plus He Doesn't Have All The Evidence As Oscorp Is Good At Covering Tracks. Amd Lastly We Really Don't Know Nor Would It Seem That Oscorp Is Actually Just Unleashing A Bunch Of Creatures In New York But Just Seem To Just Be Doing Some Incredibly And Dangerous Illegal Experiments. He'll Stop Them Sure But He Just Wanted A Normal Life Again. And Aunt May Did Advise Him To Go And See Gwen So......

How's he gonna stop them from Oxford? Threatening e-mails? "You OsCorp guys better stop being bad!" And he didn't suddenly want a normal life. He even says he's gonna fight crime there. And I'm sure Aunt May will appreciate him leaving her to go hungry on the streets. Yep.

Actually This Take On The Origin Was Just Peter's Way Of Coping With His Guilt. He Actually Thinks He's Doing Good By Trying To Stop Bad Guys And Hunting Down His Uncle's Murderer. You See Him Making His Costume, Joking Around With His Uncle's Killer, And Even Debating With Captain George Stacy About Spider-Man's Heroics. It's Just A Newly Fresh Take On The Character's Development. Had This Been A Show We Would've Seen Some Expanded Development For Him As Spidey .

Him thinking he's doing good doesn't mean he's actually doing good. And if beating a man half to death while the woman he was attacking is screaming for help and in fear for her life because of how you're acting, you must be reeeeaallllyyy good at mental jumping jacks to convince yourself "There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing." And he's debating with Captain Stacy to cover his sorry butt. He knows what he's doing is wrong because he immediately changes when Stacy puts him in his place. Once again, JJJ is right. Maybe that's why they never had him go on his usual beat in these movies, since he'd have actual proof to back it up.

Actually He Was Trying To Stop The Aleski Grabbing His Vehicle And Him Starting Out With A Sense Of Humor Is In Character For Spidey. It's How He Normally Starts Things.

Sure. Except usually, he's joking while actually trying to help, rather than chilling on the side of the truck killing people and doing a stand up comedy routine to the bad guys while they run more people over.

Actually He Meant To Stop Him. Making Him Evaporate Was What Was Expected From The Plan. He Tried To Short Circuit Him First But It Didn't Work As It Would Have The Second Time. But Since Things Were Over And Dealt With He Just Wants To Get Back On His Life And That He Uses This Bit Of Humor To Just Calm Himself Down In That Moment.

Oh, that's just great. I'm glad you feel the need to make yourself feel better immediately, Peter. It's not like you just murdered someone or anything. Nah, go on and comfort yourself. Not selfish at all.

Those Sound Like Jerkish Moments Of The Character. Some Things That Were Worse Than What Garfield Does. It Just Makes The Guy More Of A Selfish Jerk. The Things Garfield Did Were Reasonable But These Were Just Really Crazy . Even For A Teenager Those Are Just Really Crazy.

So....going after a super villain you have no desire to stop.....to get money for your poverty-level aunt who raised you and took the role of your mother so she doesn't lose her home and live on the streets......is worse to you than signing your girlfriend's death warrant with a smile and a joke? I....I don't think we're ever gonna agree on that one.

But This Is Captain America They're Talking About. Wouldn't He Want To Hear Why America And The World's Greatest Hero Is Going Rogue And Doesn't Stark Know That Bucky Was And Probably Still Is Mind Controlled? Should Peter Find This A Bit Odd? I Know It's Questonable But Even As A Teenager He Should Have A Say In This. I Don't Think Even Garfield Would Agree Without Asking.

He did ask. And Tony gave him answers which he even says to Cap in the film. "He said you're wrong, but you think you're right, and that makes you dangerous." He just didn't ask Cap personally, and considering the fact that he's been cast in a bad light before and is personally defending a mass murderer, it's not too big a stretch to think he took the answers of literally everyone else instead of asking the bad guy directly.

#69 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92:

I can't remember any moments where he was alone studying and it was played for laughs unless you're talking about the montage in 2. Anyway, to each their own. I thought he was perfectly human. I even know some people like him.

People Who Just Seemed Over The Top(No Offense To Your Friends There. Though They Seem Alot More Energetic And Natural Than Maguire). I Just Think That A Nerd Should Be Less Over The Top And Less Of A Caricature And More Of An Actual Nerd.

He wasn't preoccupied. He even looked right at the phone and hung it up.

He Probably Thought It Was Nothing When He Was Working On His Project

Well of course he isn't going to curse her out, it's PG-13. The intent is basically the same. She's trying to help him and he responds by basically telling her to shut up and go away. And really, he takes care of her? That's funny because last time I checked, he spends 90% of the movie ignoring her existence and leaving her looking worried and sad in the kitchen. I can't think of a single scene in that entire first movie besides the eggs at the very end when he legitimately displays concern for her wellbeing, and even in that scene it's him who gets comfort, not her. She's just left to wallow in pain despite the fact that her husband just died. If my father had just died and I found my mom crying alone in her room, you're dang right I'd go in there and try and make her feel better instead of making her feel worse by shoving her away and worrying her. That's not being the "nicest guy in the universe." That's being a decent human being. It's not that I don't expect them to fight and have turbulence. I just expect him to care. This woman is supposed to be his real mother, his world. And she's not. To Garfield, she's an afterthought.

No, Not Really. How He Did It Was What A Person Would Do. Cursing Her Out And Being Rude To Her Was Not The Same As What He Did. I Didn't Mean That He Should Hug Nor Says He's Sorry For Doing It. I'm Saying That You Kinda Expect Way Too Much From The Guy. Especially Since He Was The One Who Got His Uncle Killed And Felt Like A Failure And A Waste For Doing That. It Would Be Nice If He Hugged Her But This Is Just Fine. It's Not Like He Was Mean To Her The Entire Time. He's Just Some Scared And Vulnerable Kid. The Guy Does Care For Her. It's Just That He Blames Himself Too Much On This. And Of Course He Did Apologize To Her And Hugged Her At The End Even Trying To Help Her Around The Hourse Trying To Cook Some Food With Her.

"Aw, people like me! Guess I'll do fine protecting Gwen. Even though the last time I tried to protect someone who knew my secret, they died in front of me. Even though he told me to my face I won't be able to protect her. Even though he died to save my life and it would be extremely messed up not to honor his last request. Even though the universe JUST showed me I will absolutely NOT do fine protecting Gwen! Gotta get that Gwen action! Her life doesn't matter!"

Actually Since The People Thought Of Him As A Symbol Of Hope And That Since Aunt May Says That Peter Deserves Better He Think He Would Do Better In Protecting Her. Though His Conscience Says Otherwise.

How's he gonna stop them from Oxford? Threatening e-mails? "You OsCorp guys better stop being bad!" And he didn't suddenly want a normal life. He even says he's gonna fight crime there. And I'm sure Aunt May will appreciate him leaving her to go hungry on the streets. Yep.

He Says That To Cheer Up Gwen And To Just Be With Her. And Aunt May Is Pretty Much Fine Too. She's Just Things Handled And Working At A Hospital Pays Well . And She's Still Pretty Much Young Enough To Be Fine. It's Not Like The Woman Is 80 Something Years Old Which Is Actually Pretty Odd For A Person To Have An Aunt Who Is Suppose To Be Probably A Bit Older Than Your Father.

Him thinking he's doing good doesn't mean he's actually doing good. And if beating a man half to death while the woman he was attacking is screaming for help and in fear for her life because of how you're acting, you must be reeeeaallllyyy good at mental jumping jacks to convince yourself "There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing." And he's debating with Captain Stacy to cover his sorry butt. He knows what he's doing is wrong because he immediately changes when Stacy puts him in his place. Once again, JJJ is right. Maybe that's why they never had him go on his usual beat in these movies, since he'd have actual proof to back it up.

He Thought He Saw His Uncle's Killer While He Was Attacking Her Which Actually Pretty Much Gave The Guy A Bit Of A Shove Especially When He Thought His Uncle's Killer Was This Much Of A Scumbag Beating Up A Woman. And Honestly Even If He Knew That Guy Wasn't Him When He Was First Starting Out Especially With All That Trauma He'd Endured He'll Still Behave Like That Towards The Guy. Also No, He Realizes What He Was Doing Was Wrong And He Thought He Would Try To Be A Better And More Focused Hero .

Sure. Except usually, he's joking while actually trying to help, rather than chilling on the side of the truck killing people and doing a stand up comedy routine to the bad guys while they run more people over.

That's Basically Something Spidey Has Done All The Time When Introducing Himself To A Bad Guy. Just Jokes And Then Messes Him Around While Stopping Him.

Oh, that's just great. I'm glad you feel the need to make yourself feel better immediately, Peter. It's not like you just murdered someone or anything. Nah, go on and comfort yourself. Not selfish at all.

It's Pretty Much What He Does Really. The Guilt Over Something Like That Were Just Used In Thought Bubbles Or Text Boxes.

So....going after a super villain you have no desire to stop.....to get money for your poverty-level aunt who raised you and took the role of your mother so she doesn't lose her home and live on the streets......is worse to you than signing your girlfriend's death warrant with a smile and a joke? I....I don't think we're ever gonna agree on that one.

Actually Going To Stop A Bad Guy For Money Is Wrong But For A Relative Is Different. Infact Stopping A Bad Guy For Money Is Pretty Dark. And What Spidey Did To Torcxh Was Worse Than Anything Garfield Did. Infact Other Times You've Mentioned Were A Bit Worse Than Anything He Did. Peter From The Earlier Days And Other Stories And Retellings Did And Said Alot Worse Than Garfield And Has Shown To Be Alot More Cocky Than Him. So Why Do The Things That Garfiekd Did Were Considered A Bit Cocky When They Were Just Human .

He did ask. And Tony gave him answers which he even says to Cap in the film. "He said you're wrong, but you think you're right, and that makes you dangerous." He just didn't ask Cap personally, and considering the fact that he's been cast in a bad light before and is personally defending a mass murderer, it's not too big a stretch to think he took the answers of literally everyone else instead of asking the bad guy directly.

I Think That Meant Something A Bit Differently. I Also Think He Should Ask More To Captain America Considering His Reputation And Why He Wanted To Protect Bucky. Eh, Hope His Character Would Be Improved In Homecoming Regardless Of My Feelings Towards The Latest Film .

#70 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire > Garfield by a mile

I fell in love with Holland but I'm not sure if its fair to compare them.

#71 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

Garfield And Holland Easily Stomp Maguire .

#72 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire is the better Peter Parker. Holland is the better Spider-Man. I rarely ever sit through a movie in the theater and check my phone's clock to see if it's almost over, but I did that with both Garfield movies. His Parker wasn't Peter Parker, it was a skateboarding hipster that got picked on a couple times at most. His Spider-Man had some cool visuals but if it were a battle, I see Maguire taking him, and then Maguire getting stomped (based on CW feats) by Holland.

#73 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

Garfield And Holland Easily Stomp Maguire .

If you think someone who said like eleven words easily stomps someone who had an entire trilogy, then you need to at least consider the possibility that you're being unreasonable.

Holland didn't even have more than one emotion.

#74 Edited by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

My one problem with Garfield was that he wasn't very convincing in that he had a good heart. He just seemed like some genius burn-out who got super powers and did stuff cause it was cool.

I'll concede that Maguire was cringey but at least he was a good guy. He really broke down like a baby when Ben died and you could tell that he was doing what he was doing for the betterment of others.

#75 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Ok, well I see us going back and forth isn't going to change anything so to save us both a lot of time and keyboard use, how about we just drop it?

@jonez_ said:

My one problem with Garfield was that he wasn't very convincing in that he had a good heart. He just seemed like some genius burn-out who got super powers and did stuff cause it was cool.

I'll concede that Garfield was cringey but at least he was a good guy. He really broke down like a baby when Ben died and you could tell that he was doing what he was doing for the betterment of others.

This. He did a great job of convincing me he had a bad heart though.

@laughingbatman said:

Maguire is the better Peter Parker. Holland is the better Spider-Man. I rarely ever sit through a movie in the theater and check my phone's clock to see if it's almost over, but I did that with both Garfield movies. His Parker wasn't Peter Parker, it was a skateboarding hipster that got picked on a couple times at most. His Spider-Man had some cool visuals but if it were a battle, I see Maguire taking him, and then Maguire getting stomped (based on CW feats) by Holland.

Reminds me of a funny story. I had my misgivings about the first movie based on the trailers, but my younger brother convinced me to take him because "You LOVE Spider-Man!" And since I don't get to hang out with him nearly as much as I would like, I decided to go all out. IMAX 3D tickets. We were halfway through the film when I heard "ZzzzzzzzZzzzzz." I look over and he's sound asleep, which shocked me because he's never passed out during a superhero film before, not even 2003 Hulk. I nudged him hard and went "Hey! Get up! If I have to suffer through this, you do too!" At the end of the film, a guy next to us was leaving so I told him there was an after-credit scene, to which he replied "This movie was horrible enough!" We had a good laugh about it after and dropped by our local comic book store so not a complete waste :)

#76 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

I'll concede that Garfield was cringey but at least he was a good guy. He really broke down like a baby when Ben died and you could tell that he was doing what he was doing for the betterment of others.

Nah, He Pretty Much Had A Good Heart And No Garfield Was Never Really Cringey Either. Maguire Was Alot More Cringey With His Performance Especially With His Chemistry With Kirsten Dunst And With Some Of His Dialogue.

#77 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Ok, well I see us going back and forth isn't going to change anything so to save us both a lot of time and keyboard use, how about we just drop it?

@jonez_ said:

This. He did a great job of convincing me he had a bad heart though.

Really? Because I've Seen Most Of The Meanest People In Fiction And In Real Life And Garfield Doesn't Even Come Close To Those People.

@laughingbatman said:

Reminds me of a funny story. I had my misgivings about the first movie based on the trailers, but my younger brother convinced me to take him because "You LOVE Spider-Man!" And since I don't get to hang out with him nearly as much as I would like, I decided to go all out. IMAX 3D tickets. We were halfway through the film when I heard "ZzzzzzzzZzzzzz." I look over and he's sound asleep, which shocked me because he's never passed out during a superhero film before, not even 2003 Hulk. I nudged him hard and went "Hey! Get up! If I have to suffer through this, you do too!" At the end of the film, a guy next to us was leaving so I told him there was an after-credit scene, to which he replied "This movie was horrible enough!" We had a good laugh about it after and dropped by our local comic book store so not a complete waste :)

Really? Because Honestly Maguire Just Made Me Cringe Through A Buncg Of His Time And Honestly Your Brother Hasn't Seen A Series That Focuses On Mostly Peter And A Realistic Take On It.

#78 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio
@laughingbatman said:

Actually The Guy Was A Modern Day Geek / Nerd And Honestly Geeks/Nerds Today Are Like This. I've Actually Seen Them In School, College, And In The Middle Of The Sidewalks And Stores. Honestly If It Were A Battle I Think Garfield Would Stomp Maguire While With Holland Is Debatable Depending On How Smart And Strategic And Fast The Kid Is.

#79 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Whoops, meant to say Maguire was cringey. Edited my comment. lol

#80 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Tobey Was Just A Caricature Of What People Think Nerds Are Like. Peter Is A Nerd Yes And Has Been A Bit Shy And Awakward But He's Never Been Much Of A Loser That Maguire Portrayed Him As. Not Even In The 60s Nor Other Retellings. Not Even In Real Life Did People Ever Had The Problems Maguire Had. Nor Have They Acted Like This. I Mean Some Geeks And Nerds Act Incredibly Nerdy But They Were Actually More Human And Honestly Do You Even Want Peter Top Be Too Nerdy Than What He's Already Been ?

#81 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to an actual battle, Tobey is the strongest, Garfield is the fastest, and Holland is probably the best using webs.

#82 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

@marvelman92: Whoops, meant to say Maguire was cringey. Edited my comment. lol

That's Okay. My Bad Too XD

#83 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: My brother isn't a diehard Spidey fan. He only really goes by the movies. Though I'd definitely hesitate to call Garfield realistic when he looks like a model and gets the hottest girl in school, yet is still bullied, though the bully changes his mind on him and becomes his buddy in a couple of weeks. Then becomes so popular people give him a loud ovation at graduation and he makes out with his girlfriend in front of the entire audience like a rock star.

#84 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: My brother isn't a diehard Spidey fan. He only really goes by the movies. Though I'd definitely hesitate to call Garfield realistic when he looks like a model and gets the hottest girl in school, yet is still bullied, though the bully changes his mind on him and becomes his buddy in a couple of weeks. Then becomes so popular people give him a loud ovation at graduation and he makes out with his girlfriend in front of the entire audience like a rock star.

Model? The Guy Rarely Looks Like That. Peter Was Never Really Ugly Nor Incredibly Really Average Looking. People Actually Were Attracted To Him And Complemented On His Looks. And Really Not Every Geek /Nerd Can Be Ugly Or Incredibly Average Looking. And Really, It's Not So Unrealistic To Date A Really Good Looking Girl Even As A Geek / Nerd.

People Actually Found The Kiss To Be Really Something To See And Since Peter Is Graduating He Say @#$% It! I'm Graduating So It Looks Like I'll Say Goodbye To This School. And It's Pretty Reasonable To Do After Gaining All These Powers And Trying To Start A New Life Especially With You Girlfriend. And He Wanted To Make It Up To Her For Missing Her Speech .

#85 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: It's not the kiss that's the issue, it's the entire school going "YEAH! PETER PARKER! WOOOOOOOO!!!" Remember when original Peter graduated from high school? It was quiet, Flash still made fun of him even at the end, he said goodbye to the like 2 people he had interacted with and moved on. You know, like a real graduation would be for someone who had been ostracized and picked on.

#86 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: It's not the kiss that's the issue, it's the entire school going "YEAH! PETER PARKER! WOOOOOOOO!!!" Remember when original Peter graduated from high school? It was quiet, Flash still made fun of him even at the end, he said goodbye to the like 2 people he had interacted with and moved on. You know, like a real graduation would be for someone who had been ostracized and picked on.

They Can Do That To Anyone. Especially Since Some People Know They're Going Out. Yeah, The Graduation In The Comics Was Normal But I Think The Point Was To Spice Peter's Development Up And Had Anyone Went With That This Would Be In Character For Peter To Do After So Long Of Having All These Powers, Stopping Bad guys, And Experiencing This New Found Confidence.

#87 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:

They Can Do That To Anyone. Especially Since Some People Know They're Going Out. Yeah, The Graduation In The Comics Was Normal But I Think The Point Was To Spice Peter's Development Up And Had Anyone Went With That This Would Be In Character For Peter To Do After So Long Of Having All These Powers, Stopping Bad guys, And Experiencing This New Found Confidence.

Once again, it's not Peter, it's the school. You said it was realistic but for everyone to become his best friend/relationship fan in that amount of time is the opposite of realistic. And in real life, the bully isn't going to suddenly feel bad for you and stop what he's doing, then become your friend. And in real life, the hot girl is more likely to ignore you completely than jump to your rescue, excuse you lying to her and almost costing her her job and fall in love with you.

#88 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Once again, it's not Peter, it's the school. You said it was realistic but for everyone to become his best friend/relationship fan in that amount of time is the opposite of realistic. And in real life, the bully isn't going to suddenly feel bad for you and stop what he's doing, then become your friend. And in real life, the hot girl is more likely to ignore you completely than jump to your rescue, excuse you lying to her and almost costing her her job and fall in love with you.

That's What I Said. A School Could React To Something Like That. Really, This Version Of Peter Doesn't Really Have Alot Of Friends And Honestly Even If He Did Made Some Friends It's Not So Much Of A Bad Thing Since Anybody Can Become Friends Later On In HIghschool And College. A Bully Can Learn To Become Your Friend And Somewhat Would Kinda Feel Bad For You, And Yes, An Attractive Girl Can Be Very Much Interested In You Especially In HighSchool. Most People Can Learn Not To Go By Looks But By Their Personality And Their Chemistry And Enjoyment Of That Person. And Gwen Was Pretty Understandable Towards Peter.

#89 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:

That's What I Said. A School Could React To Something Like That. Really, This Version Of Peter Doesn't Really Have Alot Of Friends And Honestly Even If He Did Made Some Friends It's Not So Much Of A Bad Thing Since Anybody Can Become Friends Later On In HIghschool And College. A Bully Can Learn To Become Your Friend And Somewhat Would Kinda Feel Bad For You, And Yes, An Attractive Girl Can Be Very Much Interested In You Especially In HighSchool. Most People Can Learn Not To Go By Looks But By Their Personality And Their Chemistry And Enjoyment Of That Person. And Gwen Was Pretty Understandable Towards Peter.

Well, I wish I had that life where everyone who picked on me suddenly became my friend, the hottest girl in school saw me and immediately fell in love with me and forgave me for whatever I did, even lying to her face and showing up with the hell beaten out of me and no good explanation, and I even got a standing ovation at graduation simply for existing and made out with that girl on stage on top of it all. But as someone who actually went through the real world equivalent of getting picked on and ostracized, didn't have a friend for years and was just left to move on at graduation, made my own circle of friends and became a well-adjusted person through my own hard work, I can personally tell you that all of that is NOT realistic. Are we done?

#90 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Well, I wish I had that life where everyone who picked on me suddenly became my friend, the hottest girl in school saw me and immediately fell in love with me and forgave me for whatever I did, even lying to her face and showing up with the hell beaten out of me and no good explanation, and I even got a standing ovation at graduation simply for existing and made out with that girl on stage on top of it all. But as someone who actually went through the real world equivalent of getting picked on and ostracized, didn't have a friend for years and was just left to move on at graduation, made my own circle of friends and became a well-adjusted person through my own hard work, I can personally tell you that all of that is NOT realistic. Are we done?

Well 1) Those Were Just Pretty Much Misunderstandings Of What You Just Saw Concerning Things For Gwen And 2) Other People Have Experience Things Like This . Being Friends With The Former Bully And Dating An Attractive Girl Aren't Really Unrealistic Things Especially In High School. I Was Pretty Much Alone Most Of The Time And I've Actually Seen And Met A Couple Of Attractive Girls. Though A Few Found Me Good Looking I Can See That They Weren't All Bad And Deep Down I Felt That These Sorts Of Paranoias I Had Were Just An Illusion. People Can Have A Different Life And History. It Can't All Be Just The Same As Yours. Boring And Miserable. Not Meaning To Be Rude But That's Pretty Much What It Is Really .

#91 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Well 1) Those Were Just Pretty Much Misunderstandings Of What You Just Saw Concerning Things For Gwen And 2) Other People Have Experience Things Like This . Being Friends With The Former Bully And Dating An Attractive Girl Aren't Really Unrealistic Things Especially In High School. I Was Pretty Much Alone Most Of The Time And I've Actually Seen And Met A Couple Of Attractive Girls. Though A Few Found Me Good Looking I Can See That They Weren't All Bad And Deep Down I Felt That These Sorts Of Paranoias I Had Were Just An Illusion. People Can Have A Different Life And History. It Can't All Be Just The Same As Yours. Boring And Miserable. Not Meaning To Be Rude But That's Pretty Much What It Is Really .

Really? Give me one time where he did something bad like showing up with bruises he can't explain or almost costing her her job, and she took him to town for it like a real person. Besides the "Oh, no! They're broken up!" plot they used so they can do the whole "I wanna be with you! Nvm, I actually don't!" thing that happens in every bad romance. Just one. I'll wait.

And actually dealing with your problems and moving past them is "boring and miserable"? Please. It's not even insulting, it's just head-scracthingly off base. What kind of world are you living in where the universe bends over backwards to give you everything you want like it does for Garfield's Parker? Where awesome thing after awesome thing just happens in sequence and any problems that come up along the way resolve themselves? You talk about the movie being realistic, yet having actual problems is "boring and miserable"? I don't consider myself miserable at all. I'm actually quite happy with where I am in life at the moment, but I'm not gonna delude myself and tell myself that I didn't have hardships to overcome or that they didn't make me the man I am today, because newsflash: that's life.

#92 Posted by magnetic_eye (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one could simply sum up by saying that Tobey Maguire played a better Peter and that Andrew Garfield nailed Spider-Man somewhat better. Now of course opinions are going to be varied among fans. I have said before I'm not really a fan of the Sony adaptations. Tobey is a fine actor, in fact I have some of his movies on DVD, but whilst he portrayed the nerdy side of Peter well, to me it kind of felt like a wooden performance. Tobey even admitted on a live television show that he had never even read a Spider-Man comic book growing up, so in essence he was acting to a script with no real in depth knowledge of the character.

I believe that an actor should research the role they are going to play on screen. I don't really get why an actor would only want to impart their own interpretation on the character when there is so much material to glean character traits from. It's disrespects the original source material, the fans and as far as I'm concerned, it lacks integrity. Researching the character would have been as easy as buying a stack of Spider-Man comic books. Mind you I'm not hating on Tobey. I'm just as equally pointing the finger at Sam Raimi. I also wasn't much of a fan of the cartoonish aesthetics of Raimi's trilogy. If I had to pick a favourite movie out of the lot, it would have to be Spider-Man 2.

IMO, Andrew Garfield was only marginally better in the role as the boisterous wise-cracking Spider-Man, even if it was a little goofy. And of course Phony Sony being who they are went a little overboard with the out of character Peter as a cool skater dude. I also wasn't expecting Sony to lean more towards the Ultimate Spider-Man route, but a younger demographic seems to be their focus target. Andrew Garfield was better with the Spider-Man sarcasm and wise cracks, but as mentioned earlier, a bit too goofy for my liking.

For me TASM 1 was the better movie over TASM 2 which bored me to tears, in fact I fell asleep half way through it, but watched it again on DVD. It is one of the most disjointed pieces of cinematic crap in terms of cinematic narrative, pacing and editing. It should be used as an example in film schools to highlight how not to make a super hero film.

Given the 20 or so minutes Tom Holland had in "Civil War", I thought he was far more impressive as a young inexperienced 15 year old Peter Parker / Spider-Man. Curious to see how "Homecoming" pans out, even if I disagree with Marvel/Sony/Disney pandering for a diversity cast just for the sake of diversity rather than adhering to the characters as originally depicted. True diversity should be about creating new diverse characters interacting with the original characters.

It might be a long time coming, but I'm still waiting for the original mature adult Peter Parker / Amazing Spider-Man, because that character has yet to be realized for the big screen, a character that has inhabited 90% of his existence in the comic books as an adult.

#93 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingbatman said:

Actually The Guy Was A Modern Day Geek / Nerd And Honestly Geeks/Nerds Today Are Like This. I've Actually Seen Them In School, College, And In The Middle Of The Sidewalks And Stores. Honestly If It Were A Battle I Think Garfield Would Stomp Maguire While With Holland Is Debatable Depending On How Smart And Strategic And Fast The Kid Is.

I guess I didn't pay attention to other people while I was in school/college the past few years, I was more focused on learning not to capitalize the beginning of every word I use in a sentence. On a serious note, no, those are not nerds, those are hipsters. They try to look "nerdy" while trying to have a non-mainstream style, which in itself is mainstream. TASM series was a joke, it had some cool CGI scenes, but there's a reason the series was dropped after the sequel and Sony agreed to let Marvel use Spider-Man again.

#94 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:
@laughingbatman said:

I guess I didn't pay attention to other people while I was in school/college the past few years, I was more focused on learning not to capitalize the beginning of every word I use in a sentence. On a serious note, no, those are not nerds, those are hipsters. They try to look "nerdy" while trying to have a non-mainstream style, which in itself is mainstream. TASM series was a joke, it had some cool CGI scenes, but there's a reason the series was dropped after the sequel and Sony agreed to let Marvel use Spider-Man again.

Okay, First Off The Capitalization Is Just A Thing I Do. And Second, Yes That Is A Modern Day Geek / Nerd . They Do Exactly Dress Like That And Have That Messy Hairstyle. I Was One Of Them Myself And I Know And Hung Out With A Couple Of Others Like That. And Third, Sony Gave The Rights To Marvel Because Of Their Financial Issues And Because Of The Leaked Emails That Came From The Studio. And Even If Sony Made A Deal With Marvel Regardless If TASM Series Did Swell In The Box Office But Are Still In Financial Crisis They Still Would Be Able To Reboot The Series. LIke If Fox Also Made A Deal With Marvel They'll Like Reboot And Recast Except Probably And Hopefully Not Deadpool .

#95 Posted by ItsaWorld (2376 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, First Off The Capitalization Is Just A Thing I Do. And Second, Yes That Is A Modern Day Geek / Nerd . They Do Exactly Dress Like That And Have That Messy Hairstyle. I Was One Of Them Myself And I Know And Hung Out With A Couple Of Others Like That. And Third, Sony Gave The Rights To Marvel Because Of Their Financial Issues And Because Of The Leaked Emails That Came From The Studio. And Even If Sony Made A Deal With Marvel Regardless If TASM Series Did Swell In The Box Office But Are Still In Financial Crisis They Still Would Be Able To Reboot The Series. LIke If Fox Also Made A Deal With Marvel They'll Like Reboot And Recast Except Probably And Hopefully Not Deadpool .

They's never Recast DeadPool. They'd keep it Ryan Reynolds, especially cause it would spark so many jokes about the past DP film he was in and constantly referencing the past X-Men films all the while commenting that everyone looks different

#96 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:

They's never Recast DeadPool. They'd keep it Ryan Reynolds, especially cause it would spark so many jokes about the past DP film he was in and constantly referencing the past X-Men films all the while commenting that everyone looks different

That'd Be Hilarious XD I Also Would Like For Them To Give Him A Show On Netflix.

#97 Posted by AvatarReiko (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield stomps. He is not some goofy 10 year old making shitty jokes

Avatar image for sistergrimm2099
#98 Posted by SisterGrimm2099 (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

@riscrit said:

Tom Holland all the way. He nailed both aspects of the character flawlessly despite only having fifteen to twenty minutes of screen time.

#99 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

The civil war hype was too real on this one. Holland was good but Garfield is the definitive Live-Action Spider-Man for me.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#100 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (8707 posts) - - Show Bio

Holland is easily the most likable Peter Parker. He also has the least amount of screen time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.