Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Tired of the emo

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

Alright so I am a huge Spider-Man fan, I even started out as spiderman621 on the Vine and on most websites known as spiderman621. But I am really tired of the Emo Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3, he was all emo through out the whole thing. Then we get into the civil war and he does it all against. Feeling sorry for himself throughout the whole thing. Then we get back and black which while seeing him beat up kingpin was cool, is not what I look for when I read Spider-Man. And now we got One More Day, which is just Back in Black but he is back to his old clothes. When are the writers going to quit making Spider-Man feel sorry for himself and get him back to the way he is suppost to be?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Alright so I am a huge Spider-Man fan, I even started out as spiderman621 on the Vine and on most websites known as spiderman621. But I am really tired of the Emo Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3, he was all emo through out the whole thing. Then we get into the civil war and he does it all against. Feeling sorry for himself throughout the whole thing. Then we get back and black which while seeing him beat up kingpin was cool, is not what I look for when I read Spider-Man. And now we got One More Day, which is just Back in Black but he is back to his old clothes. When are the writers going to quit making Spider-Man feel sorry for himself and get him back to the way he is suppost to be?"

He's not really feeling bad for himself, IMO he's just questioning certain things. In One More Day, he's trying to find a way to help May, he's just sitting there with his thumb up his a$$ saying "why me, why me, why me, I wanna slit my wrists", he's just pissed and sad. Civil War was just him questioning himself and put yourself in his position, you would do the same thing. So I can't argue with how he's being written especially considering everything he's been through recently.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

lol, Spiderman isn't that bad...

i mean, take a look at Superboy Prime (Superman Prime)... Now thats EMO lol

M

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
    "Alright so I am a huge Spider-Man fan, I even started out as spiderman621 on the Vine and on most websites known as spiderman621. But I am really tired of the Emo Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3, he was all emo through out the whole thing. Then we get into the civil war and he does it all against. Feeling sorry for himself throughout the whole thing. Then we get back and black which while seeing him beat up kingpin was cool, is not what I look for when I read Spider-Man. And now we got One More Day, which is just Back in Black but he is back to his old clothes. When are the writers going to quit making Spider-Man feel sorry for himself and get him back to the way he is suppost to be?"
    He's not really feeling bad for himself, IMO he's just questioning certain things. In One More Day, he's trying to find a way to help May, he's just sitting there with his thumb up his a$$ saying "why me, why me, why me, I wanna slit my wrists", he's just pissed and sad. Civil War was just him questioning himself and put yourself in his position, you would do the same thing. So I can't argue with how he's being written especially considering everything he's been through recently."
    He isn't even Spider-Man right now. I don't even know the last time I heard him say a joke in a Spider-Man title, and he is still in the Black costume in every title except for Spider-Man ones. I think he has been sad and pissed long enough and needs to get back to being Spider-Man.@Methos: Yeah that is pretty sad.
    Pink Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pink Awesome

I really agree, I even find it hard to read through Spider-Man titles these days, I just cant wait for this to be over. When I play Ultimate Alliance or read older comics, I am just reminded as to what Spidey is not these days. Im certainly hoping for a change soon from this dread that overwhelms this title, hopefully from the shot of Brand New Day, with Parker smiling, we will see a change of mood. Hopefully.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Copy

Yea i miss the old spidy but the story is good so far.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

If you think about it, to some extent spidey has always been a little emo. You know with uncle Ben's death and all.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian

Dreadnaught says:

"If you think about it, to some extent spidey has always been a little emo. You know with uncle Ben's death and all. "
    He has had a sense of responsibility but what has been going on in his comics lately is just depressing. Like I said, I don't even remember the last time I heard him say a corny joke in his own title. All he does is complain about how bad he has it and that aunt may is going to die. Killer if they are going to killer her all ready. I am tired of waiting.
    Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

Ronny says:

"spidey shouldnt be emo...firstly thats my job :P j/ksecondly, theres already x-23 and a load of others already so"

Yeah crap is happening lately. I blame George W Bush.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

Nobody says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "If you think about it, to some extent spidey has always been a little emo. You know with uncle Ben's death and all. "
    He has had a sense of responsibility but what has been going on in his comics lately is just depressing. Like I said, I don't even remember the last time I heard him say a corny joke in his own title. All he does is complain about how bad he has it and that aunt may is going to die. Killer if they are going to killer her all ready. I am tired of waiting."

I blame George W Bush for the crap going on in comics. Then Again I blame bush for everything.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Is it me, or does anyone else hate the word EMO, not EMO's themselves, although..........

But the word. For some reason I cant stand that word.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

King of Kings says:

"Is it me, or does anyone else hate the word EMO, not EMO's themselves, although..........But the word. For some reason I cant stand that word."

You're not the only one

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

King of Kings says:

"Is it me, or does anyone else hate the word EMO, not EMO's themselves, although.......... But the word. For some reason I cant stand that word."

i never use it, for that very reason

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Copy

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"King of Kings says:
    "Is it me, or does anyone else hate the word EMO, not EMO's themselves, although.......... But the word. For some reason I cant stand that word."
    You're not the only one"

same

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I enjoy the current Spider-Man stories. True, they're darker, and more personal, but I enjoy them, I relate a little bit better. I'm more than sure in Brand New Day he's gonna be normal again.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian

Ronny says:

"okay peepz lemme just tell ya'll what i think about this now i went out earlier and asked my mates bout this. sure we were all pretty hyper and dat but in the end we all agreed: dont be biased. i dont see anyone moaning about x-23 being emo. i think peter being emo would make a bloody good change. and yeah i am pretty biased tyvm."
    I am just think that there are darker depressing characters out there and they don't need to change a classic character to it.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian

Ronny says:

"spidey? classic character? emos wernt around when his series first started. if they were hed be an emo, what with all the sh!t in his life. i know! lets have be emo for a day! then maybe y'all will get it!"
    Spider-Man I don't think would have been emo. He isn't one to feel sorry for himself, all the crap that has happened to him in the past has made him feel resposible but not sorry for himself. Why is this different?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian

Ronny says:

"i never said it was bloody different!"
    I know but why are the writers making this one different. All he is sad and pissed all the time, he doesn't tell his jokes anymore. Spidey always tells jokes, even when he is scared, angry, sad, his jokes allow him to hide that from the rest of the world and himself. But now he is pissed and wants everyone to know it.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Martian

Ronny says:

"good! like i said... variation into modern times! writers nowadays want it to be more real... i mean... who in there right mind would tell jokes in a battle to the bloody death?"
    Thats what made Spider-Man so great. His sense of responibility, his jokes, and his never give up. To change that would be to change one of the biggest characters in comic books. Next thing we know batman is going to have super powers.
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Ronny says:
    "spidey? classic character? emos wernt around when his series first started. if they were hed be an emo, what with all the sh!t in his life. i know! lets have be emo for a day! then maybe y'all will get it!"
    Spider-Man I don't think would have been emo. He isn't one to feel sorry for himself, all the crap that has happened to him in the past has made him feel resposible but not sorry for himself. Why is this different? "

He felt sorry and all that jazz when Uncle Ben died, and when Gwen died.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Martian

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
    "Ronny says:
    Spider-Man I don't think would have been emo. He isn't one to feel sorry for himself, all the crap that has happened to him in the past has made him feel resposible but not sorry for himself. Why is this different? "
    He felt sorry and all that jazz when Uncle Ben died, and when Gwen died."
    He felt bad, which is human that he should. But he didn't let it get to him where he changes his costume and beats the crap out of anyone who slightly pisses him off.
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Nobody says:
    "Ronny says:
    He felt bad, which is human that he should. But he didn't let it get to him where he changes his costume and beats the crap out of anyone who slightly pisses him off. "

It's different though, May has gone through so much, and he was feels even more responsible for May's shooting since the bullet was ment for him. He became all violent and aggressive when Norman killed Gwen. That was back when Peter was younger, when he didn't have that spite, that "darkside" inside him. Now that May was shot, right after everything turned to sh!t, I expected as much.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Martian

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "Nobody says:
    "Ronny says:
    He felt bad, which is human that he should. But he didn't let it get to him where he changes his costume and beats the crap out of anyone who slightly pisses him off. "
    It's different though, May has gone through so much, and he was feels even more responsible for May's shooting since the bullet was ment for him. He became all violent and aggressive when Norman killed Gwen. That was back when Peter was younger, when he didn't have that spite, that "darkside" inside him. Now that May was shot, right after everything turned to sh!t, I expected as much. "
    Either way, I wish they would quit dragging this state along. I mean let her die already if she is going to do it or get back to a state where he quits feeling pissed. Its annoying.
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Nobody says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "Nobody says:
    "Ronny says:
    It's different though, May has gone through so much, and he was feels even more responsible for May's shooting since the bullet was ment for him. He became all violent and aggressive when Norman killed Gwen. That was back when Peter was younger, when he didn't have that spite, that "darkside" inside him. Now that May was shot, right after everything turned to sh!t, I expected as much. "
    Either way, I wish they would quit dragging this state along. I mean let her die already if she is going to do it or get back to a state where he quits feeling pissed. Its annoying. "

LMFAO! The way you put it is funny.

Anyway, It'll pass with the begining of A New Day

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.