Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Time For New Poll, Dan Slott Keep On Or Take Off the Book?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By animehunter

Poll Time For New Poll, Dan Slott Keep On Or Take Off the Book? (34 votes)

Keep 6%
    Take Off 94%

You all know Dan Slott, You all know the type of person he is as well what he's done with Spider-Man for the last 10 years+.

So I see no need to go into the person the person that is Dan Slott. Except to ask given his history on ASM and that he written for so long is it time to take him off it or just keep him on it for consistency, because other than that I see no other reason leave him where he is.

So Keep or Take Off, your choice.

• 
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By ursaber

@animehunter: you've made quite a bit of these friend. i think its common in the vine that Slott is no good.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By animehunter
    @ursaber said:

@animehunter: you've made quite a bit of these friend. i think its common in the vine that Slott is no good.

Yeah, I know, but I still think this is a good way to gauge people thoughts.

EDIT: especially with this new relaunch.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Go home Sloth.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I Believe That It's Definitely Time That We Have Ourselves A New Writer Who Actually Does Love, Care, And Understand About The character And His Mythos. I'd Really Like To See More Writers And Creators Trying To Bring Character Back Into Greatness. I'd Really Like To See Writers Like Charles Soule, Gerry Duggan, Matthew Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Al Ewing, Donny Cates, Jason Aaron, Cullen Bunn, Saladin Ahmed, Rodney Barnes, Mike Costa, And Probably Even Kelly Thompson Or Michael Bemus. Anyone Would Be Great Just So Long As They Really Love, Respect, And Understand The Character. I'd Also Really Like to See The Character Have Some more Series Some Either A Special, Mini Series, And Graphic Novels. It'd Actually Be Really Great If They Could Actually Give Them To Us As A Way To Make Up For The Whole Entire Nonsense Eversince OMD And Superior. So, Hopefully They'll Actually Do Give Us That. I'd Also Like To See Guys Like Charles Soule On ASM And Gerry Duggan On PP:SM. It'd Be Really Great To See Two Of The Best Writers For The Character Actually Give Their Own Takes On The Characters And Stories. Hope To See All Of That Happening. Really Hope To See Some Improvements Soon. I M<ean, Really. With How Issue 789 Went Down, I REALLY Don't Want To Taste Double The Poison Of The series Under Slott And Zdarsky.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Although I have enjoyed Slott's more recent stories a lot more I would love to see Gage have a run on Peter.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dan hasn't been bad but he has been on the book so long that his ideas and stories are starting to feel a bit stale and somewhat pointless. Think about it. He's practically undone nearly everything he's added to the Spider-Man mythos. Parker Industries is gone, Carlie Cooper left, Doc Ock is alive (or at least a clone) and a villain again, Norman is trying to make himself insane again so he can get the Goblin back, JJ Senior is dead so Aunt May is a widow again.

I think the book would benefit from getting someone new working on it as the main writer. Dan's had ten overall good years to leave his mark on the franchise. Time to let someone else have a turn. Even Stan Lee eventually let someone else write for the character and he created Spidey.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace the word before "off" with something cruder and you have my more precise opinion, rofl

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

Dan hasn't been bad but he has been on the book so long that his ideas and stories are starting to feel a bit stale and somewhat pointless. Think about it. He's practically undone nearly everything he's added to the Spider-Man mythos. Parker Industries is gone, Carlie Cooper left, Doc Ock is alive (or at least a clone) and a villain again, Norman is trying to make himself insane again so he can get the Goblin back, JJ Senior is dead so Aunt May is a widow again.

I think the book would benefit from getting someone new working on it as the main writer. Dan's had ten overall good years to leave his mark on the franchise. Time to let someone else have a turn. Even Stan Lee eventually let someone else write for the character and he created Spidey.

Who cares about Carlie Cooper! He eliminated Mary JANE the only one that matters.

His recent run on Spidey is all about elevating Doc Ock. He's just been zig zagging between Doc Ock or Norman Osborn as the villains of his story.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

Carlie added nothing to the mythos.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ursaber said:
    @aros001 said:

Who cares about Carlie Cooper! He eliminated Mary JANE the only one that matters.

His recent run on Spidey is all about elevating Doc Ock. He's just been zig zagging between Doc Ock or Norman Osborn as the villains of his story.

Joe Quesada was the one who undid the marriage and he and the company are the ones not letting it come back. Dan to me is more just the guy they got to take over after Joe messed everything up and wasn't allowed to do anything meaningful with her after that, at least not in the way the fans wanted.

@zariusii said:
    @aros001 said:

Carlie added nothing to the mythos.

I'm not saying I liked her. I'm just saying that nearly everything, good or bad, big, small, or meaningless that Dan has added to the mythos during his run has been practically undone by his own hand. I could practically use the Parker Industries arc to sum up the whole thing: it was a big deal at first but now what was the point of any of it if everything is just going to be reset or undone? It's like when One More Day took away Peter and MJ's marriage. Why should I bother reading and getting invested in any of Marvel's Spider-man stories if they're just going to undo everything that happened or have it amount to nothing?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: You misunderstand. Quesada eliminated the Spider Marriage. Yet I was referring to Slott when he eliminated Mary Jane from ASM in Superior Spider Man.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZariusII

@aros001 Quesada's agenda failed to keep the marriage away, as ten years on we still have two ongoing continuities featuring it (RYV and the daily newspaper strip). We have never actually went a year without the Spider-Marriage in regards to forms of publication.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@aros001 Quesada's agenda failed to keep the marriage away, as ten years on we still have two ongoing continuities featuring it (RYV and the daily newspaper strip). We have never actually went a year without the Spider-Marriage in regards to forms of publication.

its just sadly not active in the main marvel universe where we all want it to return

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Sloth remains a stain on Spidey's franchise, when i think about it the things he added in Pete's life weren't really his idea.

• Working in a science research building complete with a nice wage? that was already done by a writer in the 90s

Also while people tend to love Slott for Superior Spider-Man, there are some things I want to point out.

• the whole notion of someone taking over spider-man's body has been done before (but not for 33 issues) yet the series tries to convince you that Ock is the "better hero" even though it;s clear he's not...and it goes on for nearly a year with that BS.
    • Ock kissing MJ...just why Slott? are you inserting yourself in those scenes?
    • Spidey's main cast acting like idiots when they obviously can't tell that the hero's mind and body have been taken over, just look at how he talks for crying out loud!!!
    • Carlie Cooper being forced on us yet again because Slott thinks we're being unfair on her.
    • Don't let Slott write the Avengers ever...at all, the came across as morons when they confronted Spock about his behavior.
    magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By magnetic_eye

Dan Slott needs to go and do something else, seriously. He is way past his expiry date.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Slott needs to go and do something else, seriously. He is way past his expiry date.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

All that's missing is Slott's head 'shopped on top of Frank from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia saying "I'm the Trashman!"

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@magnetic_eye: hehehe LOL

LOL, thanks man! Been thrashing around following some of the YouTube guys and haven't visited the vine in a while. Glad to hear you're safe and well after the hurricane. Stay strong.

Have you read PPTSSM from #5 onwards yet? I seriously hated what Chip Zdarsky had begun, with that title, but love the 180* turnaround. He writes a better Peter Parker / Spider-Man than anything Slott has done.

I hope he keeps it up.

@quilsniv said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

All that's missing is Slott's head 'shopped on top of Frank from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia saying "I'm the Trashman!"

LOL, that would be cool.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By magnetic_eye
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZariusII
    Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I watched a video on YouTube that said Slott is already gone. Anyone else hear anything about that?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say take the guy off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.