Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Think J.J Jameson will appear in the MCU?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

This single page gave me more respect for the guy than I've felt in years.

Given that movies tend to do the characters more justice than the comics much of the time, do you think that we'll see the MCU Jameson?

Amazing didn't tackle the guy beyond a text cameo (one that I remember rather vivedly), but will the MCU tackle him? I mean, if they made a Raccoon with guns the star of the film and pulled off 4 billion dollar+ hits surely they can find someone who can be sufficiently hammy as to replace the original JJJ?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@krspacet:

Wow, like you said, reading this made me like Jameson a heck of a lot more.

Amazing could not compete with the spotless performance of JK Simmons in the Raimi trilogy.

Maybe in the sequel to Homecoming but I don't know. They'll probably want to take a different direction with these new movies but I wouldn't write it off as a possibility. Jameson is an integral element in Spider Man's upbringing. And like Amazing they would still need to compete with JK Simmons perfect performance.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ursaber: I hear JK Simmons wanted the role but he wasn't offered the part so went on to play commissioner gordon in the new DC films....maybe he can come back though

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

@ursaber: I wonder if it would be a scenario like this if they did try though?

Internet: What?! They want Chris Evans to play Captain America? He can't do it, it's wrong! The movie's going to fail.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krspacet said:

Internet: What?! They want Chris Evans to play Captain America? He can't do it, it's wrong! The movie's going to fail.

Not saying its impossible to portray Jameson, just that it will be very difficult to surpass JK Simmons his performance. Take Heath Ledger for example, the best version of Joker ever. Jared Leto had the odds stacked against him and he failed to even match him.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not mind

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @krspacet said:

Not saying its impossible to portray Jameson, just that it will be very difficult to surpass JK Simmons his performance. Take Heath Ledger for example, the best version of Joker ever. Jared Leto had the odds stacked against him and he failed to even match him.

Cause they shoulda went with Mark Hamill for the Joker Obviously! That guy is a master!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @krspacet said:

Cause they shoulda went with Mark Hamill for the Joker Obviously! That guy is a master!

When I think of Joker, two people come to mind, Ledger and Hamill. To me those two are interchangeable for the best version of Joker. Sadly only Hamill lives. He hasn't aged very well and his physical body wouldn't work as Joker in a live action movie. Maybe if he could do the voice of Joker and an actor could lip sync it.

No Caption Provided

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Though he has been working out and looking better since the Star Wars series was brought back. But yeah, joker would be younger. And it's definitley not impossible for someone to step in the role of a well loved character and pull it off better than the people before them.

People were stating no one could top Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, then we got Tom Holland. Chris Evans DEFINITLEY is a good example of hidden potential and at times, Chris Pratt as well since they director didn't even want him to audition as Starlord...and then the audition hit and he was blown away.

It's those people that make you remember that character far more.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard they were bringing in Gary Oldman to strike back at DC

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: To me Andrew Garfield failed as Peter Parker but succeeded as Spider Man. Tobey Maguire was the perfect Peter Parker but he wasn't the confident and funny Spider Man we were supposed to have. Tom Holland is a perfect Peter Parker and a superb Spider Man. Until I see the movie Tobey is still the premier Peter Parker but Tom has already beaten Andrew as both Peter and Spider Man. I didn't like Andrew as Spider Man or Peter. The thing I liked about the two Amazing movies was Emma Stone as Gwen. He was Shia Lebeoufing throughout the entire first movie. I liked his Spider Man and that's all. His Peter was underwhelming. Tom is number 1, Tobey is second, Josh Keaton is third, Christopher Daniel Barnes is fourth and Andrew is fifth.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@itsaworld: To me Andrew Garfield failed as Peter Parker but succeeded as Spider Man. Tobey Maguire was the perfect Peter Parker but he wasn't the confident and funny Spider Man we were supposed to have. Tom Holland is a perfect Peter Parker and a superb Spider Man. Until I see the movie Tobey is still the premier Peter Parker but Tom has already beaten Andrew as both Peter and Spider Man. I didn't like Andrew as Spider Man or Peter. The thing I liked about the two Amazing movies was Emma Stone as Gwen. He was Shia Lebeoufing throughout the entire first movie. I liked his Spider Man and that's all. His Peter was underwhelming. Tom is number 1, Tobey is second, Josh Keaton is third, Christopher Daniel Barnes is fourth and Andrew is fifth.

Everybody that wasn't a 14yr old girl madcrushing on Andrew has agreed with your statement but I was just saying how many felt. Like I do a comic on tumblr so when Civil War was coming up, I kept hearing people shouting they can't see anyone except for Andrew Garfield being their spidey and constantly complaining. Like shouting he sounds too young or why his suit looks dumb and looks like deapool's n stuff and I'm like 'well he is supposed to be 15 not a 28yr old playing a 19yr old, and THATS DITKO STYLE COSTUME!!!! HIS EYES CHANGED MANY TIMES IN THE COMICS TO SHOW REACTIONS! They were working on it being mechanical while DP's just does it cause he's DP'

I think Gerry Conway says it best. The people who saw Amazing Spider-Man and say they love Gwen aren't Gwen fans, they are Emma Stone fans. Gwen was different in the comics. Some labeled Emma's character as 'MJ 2.0' stating she had MJ's character and personality.

Now, lets move on to the task at hand...

Who do ya think could play Jameson. If we had to pick somoene, who'd you think would fit that role?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld:

Gary Oldman. JK Simmons switched to DC so why doesn't Gary turn to Marvel. But in all seriousness I have no idea who can play Jameson.

As for Gwen, I don't like her, never really did. I'm MJ first and forever with Black Cat as the only other fallback option.

Spidey's suit in the MCU resembles a hybrid between his original costume and Ben Reilly's. Those black lines and the visible web shooters are the giveaways.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

JK simmons or gtfo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.