Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

superior spider-man- like or dislike ?

• 61 results
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MideonNViscera

I really like it. It's different, it's entertaining, and since I know it's not forever I didn't have to grit my teeth all year in rage like some other people.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Like the story(ies) dislike the concept of Peter being dead.....

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even see a point in hating the something that won't change your life. Can all of you grow up act your age.

Yet you saw the point to complain about it.

Hi pot meet kettle.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it interesting for short term. I hope when/if Pete comes back he takes advantage of some of Ock's improvements, minus the big brother stuff. In general though mistaken identity stories drive me bonkers, for some reason they really bother me. Especially the more and more he trashes Peter's reputation. Mixed bag. If it was the old brain switcheroo, and not one of the bodies dead, I'd have been a bit better with how it was carried out.

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like it. I'll enjoy it for as long as Parker is gone. I like Peter and all, but he was getting kinda tiring to me.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@aquahawk: Parker wasn't boring. His stories were boring...So, the blame goes to...

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive dislike bordering on loathing.

It doesn't read like a superhero book or even an antihero book, but rather a parody. The dialogue is so dumbed down. The artwork is more cartoony and not as clean or defined, although I believe Casselli, Camuncoli and Stegman were the better artists.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the animated movies "Megamind" & "Despicable Me" when I read SSM . Maybe it has something to do with the Spider Island fortress and an army of minions. This is not Spider-Man. This is not good quality creative story telling. This is not amazing, it's immature. It's like watching a really bad Saturday Morning kiddies cartoon.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Phaedrusgr
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PunyParker

@phaedrusgr said:

@aquahawk: Parker wasn't boring. His stories were boring...So, the blame goes to...

Exacly my thought.

@magnetic_eye said:

Massive dislike bordering on loathing.

It doesn't read like a superhero book or even an antihero book, but rather a parody. The dialogue is so dumbed down. The artwork is more cartoony and not as clean or defined, although I believe Casselli, Camuncoli and Stegman were the better artists.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the animated movies "Megamind" & "Despicable Me" when I read SSM . Maybe it has something to do with the Spider Island fortress and an army of minions. This is not Spider-Man. This is not good quality creative story telling. This is not amazing, it's immature. It's like watching a really bad Saturday Morning kiddies cartoon.

Althought it started getting interesting after the Peter comeback hint.

I agree that it reads like a parody,but the only way you can read it,is like a Peter Parker story.....another story where everything goes wrong.It's Spider-Man.

Marvel is really bad at marketing,they said last December that "this is the new status quo,deal with it" stuff...this was a bad move.Wrong move.

Firstly everyone knew that he would eventually return,and the "status quo" of Ock infiltrating Peter's body is not good.Story-wise,potential-wise....everything.....it totally works as a Peter story,but as a permanent situation,it's down-to-the-ground stupid.

Icewolf907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dislike. The whole thing is a gimmick. Gimmicks sell books, but they are rarely looked back upon fondly.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PunyParker

@icewolf907 said:

Dislike. The whole thing is a gimmick. Gimmicks sell books, but they are rarely looked back upon fondly.

You call it a gimmick,i call it a story in Peter Parker's life....i'm more romantic that way! :P

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DISLIKE.....HATE.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.