Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spidey's memories after the universe reset from the recent "Secret Wars"

lavid_dightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Superior Spider-Man still canon after the reset of the universe? And if so does he have any recollection of what happened during Superior Spider-Man? Did he retain Doc Ock's memories? As far as being a scientist does Peter know everything that Octavius knows?

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lavid_dightman: Yes, yes, and no.

• Superior Spider-Man is still canon, as evidenced by ASM Vol. 4.
    • Peter references Doc Ock multiple times as having been in his head. However, he does not remember everything Otto did because Otto attempted to mindwipe/soulwipe Peter from his brainbut it did not work. He remembers the important stuff though: SpOck initially stealing his body, SpOck trying to seduce MJ in his body, and SpOck sacrificing himself to allow Peter to save Anna Maria from the Goblin King.
    • Since Peter did not merge with or see all of the memories of Octavius, he still remained a separate entity. As a result, Peter knows scientifically what Octavius knows as much as Banner knows scientifically what Stark knows. They have their knowledge based on common science, and they might be able to understand each other's work, but they still don't know everything the other knows.
    ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I think that Peter gained quite a few memories of Otto's when he got his body back. Slott made sure to showcase this. Peter attempts to explain to Luke Cage what happened to him and recalls what Otto said to Luke and Jessica, he starts panicking and becomes disgusted and humiliated as he relives the scene in his mind where he threatened the family.

Peter also APPARENTLY gained some of Otto's memories of time before he hijacked Peter's body...Slott decided it would be great to show us that Peter now had the memories of Otto having sex with his Aunt May....and we had to see it in several pages....why? WHY DID WE HAVE TO SEE THIS?!!??

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Peter may or may not have gained these memories from Otto. After the events of Superior #17, it was revealed he survived, but was keeping a low profile to avoid getting mindwiped again. So, depending on when Mighty Avengers took place, he could've witnessed these events firsthand (especially the Venom scenario).

Yes, Peter oes have some of Otto's prior memories, but this was because Peter was looking for ways to reverse the mind switch in 699 when he was stuck in Otto's body.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: ...everything you just said makes me question why they let Slott write Spiderman even more than I previously did

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BJParks

@itsaworld said:

@bjparks: ...everything you just said makes me question why they let Slott write Spiderman even more than I previously did

I like his Spider-Man! Well, I did. Like you said, Slott is an idea man. While the execution wasn't the best, I enjoyed Slott's character development ideas (especially Big Time, and Superior, after it was over). However, the whole Vol. 4 feels like one big filler arc, with frequent mischaracterization, so I would like someone new to take the reigns.

Edit: Although the Aunt May sex thing was one of the most terrible ideas in Spider-Man history.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.