spiderverse is freaking great!

Avatar image for christianrapper
#1 Edited by christianrapper (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally saw the movie and it's great. They actually get spiderman right. I love miles and I loved all the peters. spider-ham even has some kool moments. this makes me really want to see a miles morales live action movie and movies based on all the other spider characters. if you are spiderman fans then you really need to see this because i definitely want to see a sequel to this. also, stat for the post credit scene. it teases a character and has a funny interaction. I didn't start reading miles until 'spidermen'. after that i didn't really pick miles up until he got in the main 616. I am really thinking about reading the back issues. how do they cover peter's 'death' in the comics. in 'spidermen' it seems like mj never really recovered. i also read some books where he came back. is peter's coming back explained pretty well? i never read the whole arc to find out if he is the real peter or not.

#2 Edited by ZariusII (6018 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper Ultimate Peter's death occured after he took a bullet intended for Captain America. While still injured, he found that Osborn and the Sinister Six were attacking Aunt May in Forest Hills so he refused hospital treatment and went to combat them (and chose to do so unmasked, which revealed who he was publicly to spectators). Despite help from Iceman, Torch and MJ, Peter succumbs to his bullet wound after defeating Osborn and "dies".

Ultimate Peter's return was a big mystery that never was solved by Bendis, once he came back and teamed with Miles, he decided to leave town to find out more about why he survived and he took MJ with him. When we next see them at the end of Spider-Men II, Peter and MJ are back home and Peter is fully reestablished as Spider-Man.

And yes, according to Bendis, he was the real Peter.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#4 Edited by christianrapper (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@christianrapper Ultimate Peter's death occured after he took a bullet intended for Captain America. While still injured, he found that Osborn and the Sinister Six were attacking Aunt May in Forest Hills so he refused hospital treatment and went to combat them (and chose to do so unmasked, which revealed who he was publicly to spectators). Despite help from Iceman, Torch and MJ, Peter succumbs to his bullet wound after defeating Osborn and "dies".

Ultimate Peter's return was a big mystery that never was solved by Bendis, once he came back and teamed with Miles, he decided to leave town to find out more about why he survived and he took MJ with him. When we next see them at the end of Spider-Men II, Peter and MJ are back home and Peter is fully reestablished as Spider-Man.

And yes, according to Bendis, he was the real Peter.

i saw the death of peter parker on youtube on comicstorian's site. they did the whole run. i had no idea that ultimate peter parker was so good. no wonder people were angry with the change. i thought that it was just people hating "sjw's". however, ultimate peter was a great character. i almost teared up at his ending. it was so fitting. it was also pretty darn decisive. there should be no way that he should have been able to come back. i always wondered if he was later revealed to be a clone. did they have a funeral for peter in mile's book like in the movie?

#5 Posted by ZariusII (6018 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper They did have a funeral, but it took place in a series of one shots. Aunt May was pretty pissed with Captain America.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.