Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman has more potential than most marvel character.

Spazzoutfelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In my opinion i think Spiderman has more potential than most other marvel characters when it comes to getting stronger.Spiderman has shown that he is a quick adapter when it comes to brains and fighting,though we know that his biggest downfall is his cocky and joking nature in serious situations,

Honestly can't blame him to much for that he still is very young and there's a lot for him to learn,but the fact that he is a whiz kid in science and his enhanced fighting capabilites, he has much more going for him in the potential department in my opinion,he also does things in his life that post-pone this like going to school.What do you think,do you agree with this or do you have someone else in mind?

HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he is... With a normal amount of money you can see him creating REALLY good suits , like the one he made for sinister 6 , inmune to most shit and 100+ ton strenght.

If writers ever decided to make a story about peter having a nice amount of money, on Iron man level let's say! because he needs to fight a top tier super villain, he would make an amazing suit to beat up marvel top tiers(not talking about nigh-omnipotent beings , talking about really strong dudes) , increasing his strenght durability and shit , along with spider-sense , way of the spider , agility reflexes , weapons like iron man blasts and stuff like that , bla bla bla he could take most people every day of the week.

But they can't because pete is always doomed to be a joke , he can get power ups for a little while and then they'll just trash him being beaten by a normal burglar or smth , it's just stupid.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah he is... With a normal amount of money you can see him creating REALLY good suits , like the one he made for sinister 6 , inmune to most shit and 100+ ton strenght.

If writers ever decided to make a story about peter having a nice amount of money, on Iron man level let's say! because he needs to fight a top tier super villain, he would make an amazing suit to beat up marvel top tiers(not talking about nigh-omnipotent beings , talking about really strong dudes) , increasing his strenght durability and shit , along with spider-sense , way of the spider , agility reflexes , weapons like iron man blasts and stuff like that , bla bla bla he could take most people every day of the week.

But they can't because pete is always doomed to be a joke , he can get power ups for a little while and then they'll just trash him being beaten by a normal burglar or smth , it's just stupid.

I can't express how much I agree with you in words.

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iron Man has just as much potential to get stronger...creating new suits to go toe to toe with some of the heaviest hitters in the MU.

HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HollowMode

@lightpsyche: It's just that if spider-man had the money and dedicated himself(without writers holding him back) he could create an amazing suit that has extreme capabilities! like durability , weapons , tech , strenght , speed and it could also amp his spider-sense , his reflexes/habilities in general... He would be taking down top tiers every day of the week if not reckless.

That would be pretty cool to see don't you think?

And nobody said Iron-Man didn't had potential. the title is :

Spiderman has more potential than MOST marvel character.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Iron Man has just as much potential to get stronger...creating new suits to go toe to toe with some of the heaviest hitters in the MU.

But Tony isn't as smart as Peter - also, since Peter has a way stronger baseline to start off with, his armored suits would be far more powerful than Tony's.

Example: Ends of the Earth suit.

Aiden96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree he has the greatest potential in pretty much every aspect. Spiderman is always downplayed and extremely unlucky. Think about it, he never has anything a regular hero has.

Hes stated to be one of the smartest in Marvel (whiz kid) at such a young age without attending a top school. Until way of the Spider he was never taught how to fight yet still went toe to toe with people out of his league. He's never had money to make suits that enhance his abilities. he's never really if ever (i can't remember a time) trained his spider sense which is a game changer as it is, imagine him expanding those abilities.

Spiderman being given guidance off say Reed or Tony would allow him to reach his full potential very fast and here is a couple of reasons why i think spiderman could become a universal threat (allow it i am a fanboy of him).

He rediscovered and harnessed Parker Particles, said to even surpass the Phoenix force, so hes already above sentry, hulk, thor there. Then he had a power harness and for the life of me i cannot remember what its called but 10x strength. He was captain universe a literal plot device, we dont know the upper limits of the power. Hes worthy to hold thors hammer. After teaching and guidance its not a far fetch to say he could be top minds in MU enhancing his powers through technology. Finally TOAA directly communicated with him and hes stan lee favourite which is the biggest praise you can get really haha. So if Spidey was ever allowed to reach his potential he'd be the only hero the world needs, a phoenix powered captain universe thor with a power harness, spider sense and one of the top minds in the universe.

However, all this potential should remain potential and never be reached because its not spiderman if this happens. Yeah proper fanboy of him and i agree this shouldn't happen but i 100% believe he could reach this.

BatmanandRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes not even the best potential of Spider-Man, Miles is.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes not even the best potential of Spider-Man, Miles is.

Miles belongs to the Ultimate Universe. All of his adventures could had been easily had been Ayna under a good writer. As for Parker, Marvel need to get rid of the current Editorial and writers and replace them with those who had previously done books like Avengers, X-Men, The Hulk, and Excaliber. This way the respective writers can bring over their previous work over to Spider-Man, as far as unrelated Spider-characters are concerned. Everything is so segregated by Editorial Departments who hire writers from outside Marvel Comics who had no previous experience with writing mainstream comic books...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.