Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Men 2 is happening. Who do you think Miles is in 616?

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope he isn't somebody super important, that'd be lame. If 616 Miles died, like 1610 Peter, that'd be cool.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is calling the current Marvel universe 616 still frown upon by Marvel?

Also, the Miles of Peter's universe can't be anyone too serious if Peter could find out his identity through a Google search.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xXRedTokyoXx: 616 Miles is alive, Bendis said in an interview IIRC.

I don't care much for who he is but a popular theory is that he will be a criminal/villain.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xXRedTokyoXx: 616 Miles is alive, Bendis said in an interview IIRC.

I don't care much for who he is but a popular theory is that he will be a criminal/villain.

$20 he's a villain. It just seems so obvious to do that if he's not already dead.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the actual 616 Miles be someone different than the 610 Miles kinda...well...It kinda makes the current Ultimate Miles seem out of place. It feels like it's wrong. I thought his presence in the 616 meant his world fused into this one, but apparently I was wrong.

It seems like the series is going in the wrong direction and is only making 610 miles seem so out of place. Like he stole someone's life away. Why didn't they make him fuse???

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Just a heads up, it's 1610, not 610.

I don't think it matters to much, because Ultimate Miles pretty much is out of place, except, because of Secret Wars, he (and Ganke and his parents) never was(/were). 1610 and 616 didn't fuse, because all the other 1610 characters died (as far as we know).

After 5 years of not knowing, I don't really care anymore. If it's mind-boggling, then I might get excited again. Anything less than that, probably not.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is that the Beyonder found the 616 version of Miles that Peter looked up in Spider-Men I and put everything from 1610 Miles into 616 Miles. As to why Peter had that expression on his face, 1610 Miles was probably in a hospital because of an irradiated spider-bite or behind bars if Bendis wants to get a little political with us. Either way, I'm hoping that Spider-Men's ending is addressed, because it's a gaping plot point with no resolution and that kind of gets my brain rattling.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when is it happening?

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles 616 is a delinquent/bad guy

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

WHAT?! Well that's lame...and kinda tropey...and wrong.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Just my guess. I really don't care. Its not gonna change anything, just a shock reveal, a quicky storyline and Miles being consolidated by some kind of merge.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ursaber said:
    @itsaworld said:
    @ursaber said:

Just my guess. I really don't care. Its not gonna change anything, just a shock reveal, a quicky storyline and Miles being consolidated by some kind of merge.

No Caption Provided

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never read any of the Miles Spider-Man, but I did enjoy the first Spider-Men comic. The mystery of who the 616 version is does make me curious.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the actual 616 Miles be someone different than the 610 Miles kinda...well...It kinda makes the current Ultimate Miles seem out of place. It feels like it's wrong. I thought his presence in the 616 meant his world fused into this one, but apparently I was wrong.

It seems like the series is going in the wrong direction and is only making 610 miles seem so out of place. Like he stole someone's life away. Why didn't they make him fuse???

Miles' character's entire existence is based on taking someone else's life away; he existed solely to replace Ultimate Peter, and his entire character is based on being a copycat Spider-Man to the original.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never read any of the Miles Spider-Man, but I did enjoy the first Spider-Men comic. The mystery of who the 616 version is does make me curious.

I enjoyed it because 1610 Aunt May, Peter, and MJ got to see 616 Peter; all grown-up and stuff. With them 'gone' and Miles being in 616, there goes any hope for me into thinking that May, Gwen, MJ, and Peter from 1610 might still be around or something. That'd make for a cool Spider-Men 2; having them come to 616, but 1610 just disappeared.

:(

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ibe

@quilsniv said:

My guess is that the Beyonder found the 616 version of Miles that Peter looked up in Spider-Men I and put everything from 1610 Miles into 616 Miles.

Wait, you mean the other way around or 616 Miles' personality and stuff went into 1610 Miles? Maybe that's why he's so fucking overloaded with powers?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

My guess is that the Beyonder found the 616 version of Miles that Peter looked up in Spider-Men I and put everything from 1610 Miles into 616 Miles. As to why Peter had that expression on his face, 1610 Miles was probably in a hospital because of an irradiated spider-bite or behind bars if Bendis wants to get a little political with us. Either way, I'm hoping that Spider-Men's ending is addressed, because it's a gaping plot point with no resolution and that kind of gets my brain rattling.

You mean molecule man, right? Because it was molecule man who put Miles on earth 616 after destroying the ultimate universe

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

You mean molecule man, right? Because it was molecule man who put Miles on earth 616 after destroying the ultimate universe

Yeah, that's what I meant. My bad. If I recall, when Doctor Doom rebuilt the MU into Battleworld, he infused Molecule Man with Beyonder's powers. That might be where I slipped up.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kiba

Another great topic for the Miles board... but it's here instead.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ursaber

@kiba said:

This is the prime Spider Man board. Its not just about Miles as it is Spider MEN, both Peter and Miles as co stars. Plus, who'd wanna waste a search for the Miles board. There's an MJ board but we don't go over there to discuss Spinneret or MJ Stark Assistant.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @kiba said:

This is the prime Spider Man board. Its not just about Miles as it is Spider MEN, both Peter and Miles as co stars. Plus, who'd wanna waste a search for the Miles board. There's an MJ board but we don't go over there to discuss Spinneret or MJ Stark Assistant.

Gotta agree. Miles' board is beyond dead and we discuss everything Spidey related here.
    I see no harm...

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @kiba said:

Gotta agree. Miles' board is beyond dead and we discuss everything Spidey related here.

I see no harm...

Plus Miles is lame, so I ain't going to his boards.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By amazingfantasy
    kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think 616 miles would be there. it would make no sense. they already have the miles from the ultimate universe. i bet any plans for miles from the 616 universe were altered drastically when they merged the universes.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well this story arc actually make Miles an individual character on his own?

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Beyonder

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read a speculation that the fate of 616 Miles would be tied with Spider-Island and that may be this Miles got Spider powers there and something happened to him. May be he died while protecting someone else or he was committing some crime and got killed while with spider-powers. Or, may be, Bendis wants to be political and makes Miles be killed by the authorities in a illegal way, just like Trayvon Martin was (the boy died in 2012, same year Spider-Men came out). He may do it, he did the same thing with Riri Williams, making some cops shooting her in the head, while she was in armor and despite she had lifted her arms (yeah, he is THAT subtle).

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darthfury78

i don't think 616 miles would be there. it would make no sense. they already have the miles from the ultimate universe. i bet any plans for miles from the 616 universe were altered drastically when they merged the universes.

I wished that UU Miles would had remained in his own universe instead of being carried over to 616. Marvel had destroyed their best selling division: Ultimate Comics and Marvel Knights.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this story won't feel all too pure considering there is no Ultimate Universe. I'm not too sure what to think, I mean why would there be another Miles after the universe merge? God forbid he's a villain or something along those lines. I actually liked Miles' story prior to the universe merge with his girlfriend being Hydra, his team the Young Ultimates, etc, etc. The authenticity in Miles' character, and story has kind of been tainted now and it upsets me considering how much potential I thought he had despite everyone else's opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.