Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider Marriage of Peter and Mary Jane Reading Order

• 86 results
    Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

awesome work indeed ??

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ursaber: You read more than a thousand issues in 7 days ? Damn, respect haha.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: You read more than a thousand issues in 7 days ? Damn, respect haha.

More like I glossed, skimmed and rolled over nearly a thousand issues. Trust me I didn't stop to read every caption, thought or dialogue balloon.

I was just looking for meaningful appearances of the Peter MJ relationship. I even skipped a few comics because MJ only appeared in like three panels and the rest was Spider-Man fighting villains.

It was still a tremendous effort. Having so many tabs open at once, sticking to a chronology and following it strictly in order to get the maximum amount of Peter x MJ was astonishing on my part.

Best part is, despite reading about their numerous troubles like the Clone Saga, Gathering of the Five and Civil War Aftermath, which depressed me and made for a not so enjoyable read due to the miserable living conditions... I am now back to bliss. Its like I got closure and now enjoy Spencer's ASM again. Have to go read it soon.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I will definitely be reading more of their appearances because of your chronology, so thanks a lot.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I will definitely be reading more of their appearances because of your chronology, so thanks a lot.

You can read it know without wasting time going through every single ASM issue or any of its sister books and just get straight to the relationship... with a lot of superhero vs supervillain action as well. There's no avoiding that.

Punisher_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares it's all pointless and the writers will just break them up every year.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ursaber

@punisher_ said:

Who cares it's all pointless and the writers will just break them up every year.

True and Untrue. In the 70;s they broke them up although they were never explicitly together as a couple. Then they were married for 20 years before retconning it with the demonic OMD. Then in the past ten years Dan Slott has refused to get them back together and now finally under Nick Spencer's pen, they are together.

If you don't care then, well you don't so whatever.

But this is for the people who are interested in this relationship.

Punisher_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I suggest reading Renew your vows then if you permanently want them to be together like they were. I just don't care for there on and off relationship it just got old.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I suggest reading Renew your vows then if you permanently want them to be together like they were. I just don't care for there on and off relationship it just got old.

That's a common misconception. Peter and MJ don't have an on and off. That's just how it seems from an outside view. Peter and MJ were originally never an explicit couple due to MJ's free spirit persona. Then she married Peter and there was no on and off but absolute union. Then OMD comes and butchers both of these characters and for the last ten years their relationship has been corroded by Dan Slott.

RYV, I've already read both volumes. But that's now over.

You can bet in current ASM by Nick Spencer that the two won't break up again.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

@ursaber: Amazing work man! I really need to re-read some of those comics...

No trouble accessing the sheet?

I also wrote some comments next to some issues I really liked and for reference.

And much appreciated.

Yeah, it was extremely easy to use and access. I love the comments you wrote too; they make the spreadsheet a lot easier to navigate and easier to jump to a certain point in their history.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

@ursaber: Amazing work man! I really need to re-read some of those comics...

No trouble accessing the sheet?

I also wrote some comments next to some issues I really liked and for reference.

And much appreciated.

Yeah, it was extremely easy to use and access. I love the comments you wrote too; they make the spreadsheet a lot easier to navigate and easier to jump to a certain point in their history.

That's the intent. Do enjoy.

Are you accessing the Complete Peter and MJ romance guide OR the Spider-Man 616 Chronology?

I posted them both for purposes of variety.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ZariusII

@punisher_ said:

Renew Your Vows has been cancelled. More accurately, you should have suggested reading the ASM newspaper strip, where Peter and MJ have remained married for 31 years...and Peter and MJ don't have an "on and off relationship", the only reason it was off was due to Slott not being interested in the pairing and teased/sunk it just to force drama on the reader. When in-character, the two are inseparable.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @punisher_ said:

Renew Your Vows has been cancelled. More accurately, you should have suggested reading the ASM newspaper strip, where Peter and MJ have remained married for 31 years...and Peter and MJ don't have an "on and off relationship", the only reason it was off was due to Slott not being interested in the pairing and teased/sunk it just to force drama on the reader. When in-character, the two are inseparable.

That too.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

More accurately, you should have suggested reading the ASM newspaper strip, where Peter and MJ have remained married for 31 years...and Peter and MJ don't have an "on and off relationship", the only reason it was off was due to Slott not being interested in the pairing and teased/sunk it just to force drama on the reader. When in-character, the two are inseparable.

Could be he didn't know about it. Reinforcing my thought of the strip not having much widespread attention and only for hardcore fans.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah... @thor_parker82, another thing, you know how we talked recently about aspects of Spider-Man and Peter Parker that we dislike, his man-childness, how he never learns and has no priorities and that he loves Aunt May too much beyond rational sense.

In What if... Back in Black, Mary Jane gets shot instead of Aunt May and Peter doesn't even show a fraction of the rage he shows when May gets shot. And hell, MJ actually dies and all he can scream about was how its not fair and deflects blame to Kingpin. Aunt May is a cancer to Peter presently. She needs to go.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

More accurately, you should have suggested reading the ASM newspaper strip, where Peter and MJ have remained married for 31 years...and Peter and MJ don't have an "on and off relationship", the only reason it was off was due to Slott not being interested in the pairing and teased/sunk it just to force drama on the reader. When in-character, the two are inseparable.

Could be he didn't know about it. Reinforcing my thought of the strip not having much widespread attention and only for hardcore fans.

And that is a real bummer, as while at times it can be both intentionally and unintentionally funny, the strip has a really good handle on a stable, healthy and mature relationship between Peter and MJ.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

And that is a real bummer, as while at times it can be both intentionally and unintentionally funny, the strip has a really good handle on a stable, healthy and mature relationship between Peter and MJ.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Speaking off, what has been happening in the strip lately?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber I'd have kept you updated if anything interesting had been happening, but the current arc has been pretty snail-paced. Peter and Iron Fist thwarted the Kingpin's attempt at killing all of New York's crime families using a gas bomb and are now trying to prevent him escaping via helicopter.

The whole situation had an amusing connection to MJ because it was her play's theatre that was used as the meeting place for the mobsters

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Ah... @thor_parker82, another thing, you know how we talked recently about aspects of Spider-Man and Peter Parker that we dislike, his man-childness, how he never learns and has no priorities and that he loves Aunt May too much beyond rational sense.

In What if... Back in Black, Mary Jane gets shot instead of Aunt May and Peter doesn't even show a fraction of the rage he shows when May gets shot. And hell, MJ actually dies and all he can scream about was how its not fair and deflects blame to Kingpin. Aunt May is a cancer to Peter presently. She needs to go.

Who wrote the What If ? That's just dumb, Mary Jane is Peter's world, he would react just like he did to May or even worse, definitely would do all in his power to save her.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Who wrote the What If ? That's just dumb, Mary Jane is Peter's world, he would react just like he did to May or even worse, definitely would do all in his power to save her.

Writer: C.B. Cebulski, Steven Grant

Artist: Pat Spaziante, Gus Vazquez

Publication date: February 2009

-

Mary Jane died on the spot in this What If. That's another stupid thing here. And he doesn't even lose his sh*t like he did with May. Not even close, he is just whining about it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Hmm, so the current Editor-In-Chief wrote that ? I hope he updated his Spidey knowledge in the last 9 years, because Peter would lose his shit if something happened to MJ.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Hmm, so the current Editor-In-Chief wrote that ? I hope he updated his Spidey knowledge in the last 9 years, because Peter would lose his shit if something happened to MJ.

Go read it to see for yourself. You know where.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jump back

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By jb681131

@ursaber: Your are missing an issue:

• The Weding of the Year exclusive - The Official Marvel News Magazin: Marvel Age #54

This issue collects: an interview and the Newspaper Strip wedding

Also available in Spider-Man Epic Collection: Kraven's Last Hunt

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

• The Weding of the Year exclusive - The Official Marvel News Magazin: Marvel Age #54

Awesome!

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jb681131

@ursaber said:
    @jb681131 said:

Awesome!

Here you go:

Read online Marvel Age comic - Issue #54

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jb681131

You're also missing the The Marvel Saga #22 that contains more informations on the wedding.

Read Comic Online

And for the Strip, other than the Epic Collection, I don't know were else it was printed.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ZariusII

Nice of you to link to pirating sites publicly....really helping the industry there...

yadavajitseo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am creating a site https://www.readcomicsonline.xyz/ about comics and don't know how to start. I think spiderman comics should be my first priority to add.

why?

there are already dozens of already well established sites out there with massive libraries

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just bumping up my threads

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

just bumping up my threads

It's not like they're on the second page or anything...

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: this one in particular because i had lost the sheet and i wanted to find out about an issue where MJ defends Spider-Man as a juror

It was Web of Spider-Man Annual 6

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.