Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man returning to original costume in Marvel Legacy?

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I don't mean classic costume, I mean original costume with the Spider on the chest with all legs pointing down. Take a look at these covers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Whatever it is, the point stands that Spidey has most likely dropped his ANAD Marvel suit for some reason. Could this mean Spider-Ock finally took down Parker Industries? Or could it be past Peter being brought into the present, as in the Marvel Generations: The Spiders description, nobody ever says anything about Miles traveling to the past.

No Caption Provided

Well anyway those are my thoughts, please share your thoughts below!

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could just be the artists, but that is probably not the case when the costume pops up this frequently.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah I threw a similar theory a while ago. Aside from these covers, On SE #10 he also appears with his classic costume despite having the MK IV in #1 cover. Plus on ASM #31 his suit is destroyed (Coincidentally with PI supposed doom), and curiously in ASM #32 he does not appear, despite appearing on the majority if not all covers so far. I am not sure but I think there's a good chance he'll be going back to it.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I threw a similar theory a while ago. Aside from these covers, On SE #10 he also appears with his classic costume despite having the MK IV in #1 cover. Plus on ASM #31 his suit is destroyed (Coincidentally with PI supposed doom), and curiously in ASM #32 he does not appear, despite appearing on the majority if not all covers so far. I am not sure but I think there's a good chance he'll be going back to it.

But the Spider-Men II covers do still show him wearing his armor, do they not?

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: Can you show me those covers I can't find them anywhere. But yeah, the only logical conclusion of its present Spidey is that Parker Industries was destroyed.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: Yes yes, but 1- Bendis 2- Bendis covers (Not just a joke, they tend to lie even more than usual covers lol) 3- On the actual pages of the book he seems to be wearing the classic one. Unless Pichelli messed up (which isn't that unlikely) 4- Spider-Men II was announced and will start before the supposed change, so they won't alter it 5- Continuity-wise it might just take place before the possible change. 6- It's current Marvel, 100% continuity isn't their strong point lol 7- Bendis

Spectacular covers also shows him with MK IV, but might be just 5 and 6 too. The Avengers cover post-SE also show him in regular costume while everyone else is in the current one. Possibly more examples from both sides, I'm just speaking from the top of my head. lol Not saying it will happen either, just a theory, but I think there's a decent chance.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amazingfantasy

@crazyspideyfan: Sure, I can't post right now but I will when I can.

Oh and ooops, I actually messed up. I just checked ASM 32 cover and Peter does appear but just his hands, and they have the MK IV lines. My bad :p

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crazyspideyfan

Ok thanks and I meant to post the avengers cover it was going to be my strongest supporting point but I couldn't find it anywhere lol. Edit: Nevermind I remember the #31 cover I just can't find the #32. Edit AGAIN: Also found #32 and remembered seeing it also lol.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy: I think the Thor cover showed him in the Mark IV also. To be honest, I'm not really using the ASM Legacy cover as proof because it clearly is an homage (even the Spider is drawn th original way instead of the normal costume) to the original costume. I don't think they would go back to that. The only real proof, IMO, that it may go away is the Avengers cover, but the Spectacular covers are more definitive IMO. Oh well, we'll see either way LOL.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hope he keeps the aesthetic design of the Spider Armor MK 4, as well as the liquid metal auto put on but I really want it to end the glowing spider in the chest. Its my only beef with the suit, in an otherwise awesome costume.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Yeah, I think Spectacular 'count' more as well but, it all seems to be a single arc so far... If PI truly will be gone or something, it doesn't seem to show in the book so far, so I think it's supposed to be before SE. I think the SE 10 cover is worth noting too. Aside from the already mentioned, Inhumans and Legacy also show him on classic... But SP/DP shows MK IV. lol As I said there's example on both sides so yeah, indeed we'll see. lol But I must say, I do think it's odd for them to goof so much if he's staying on MK IV.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Hope he keeps the aesthetic design of the Spider Armor MK 4, as well as the liquid metal auto put on but I really want it to end the glowing spider in the chest. Its my only beef with the suit, in an otherwise awesome costume.

Not sure I understood, basically stay with the armor but end the glow?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Not sure I understood, basically stay with the armor but end the glow?

Pretty much. The armor looks awesome but the glowing spider and eyes are a turnoff. Makes him look like he's trying to copy Iron Man with his glowing eyes and arc node. The suit is also technologically advanced but it doesn't need to scream out loud to the world its advanced tech like it is with the glowing lights. That's my impression of it.

Look how much better it looks without the glowing spider and eyes.

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I see, fair enough. I don't really mind the glow, wouldn't mind if its gone wouldn't mind if it stayed either. And I agree the current suit looks nice, it's also similar enough to the classic suit so it's not such a drastic change. I also like the new spider more tbh

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand the glowy bits. A. They serve no themeatic purpose and B. Who chose the color? It's doesn't match any other color in his costume and also just makes him look minty fresh.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: Yeah, that's true. The main thing for me is that, even when Spidey was actually wearing the armor, plenty of books showed him in his classic costume. I don't think anyone would still portray his other costume if he was no longer wearing it. But you may be right that those books are set before SE. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't really mind if he changes the design of the costume, but I'd really like him to keep the technological features and upgrades.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: Really? Covers (especially variants) aside, the great majority of the time he was with the MK IV from what I've seen... But even then a greater part of covers had it right, I mean yeah some artists got it wrong here and there, sometimes it didn't glow but you can see its still the armor, but... Ah, whatever. lol Yeah, we'll indeed see. And In agreement, I wouldn't mind if he went back but I'd like the upgrades to stay too.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy: yeah, well I was talking about covers because that's all we have seen from Legacy so far. Although, to be honest, I think it has been a fifty-fifty split between books that get the Mark IV right and wrong (like even the first 10 or so issues of SM/DP had Spidey in his normal costume).

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope so. The glowing parts look terrible.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crazyspideyfan

@ursaber: I see, fair enough. I don't really mind the glow, wouldn't mind if its gone wouldn't mind if it stayed either. And I agree the current suit looks nice, it's also similar enough to the classic suit so it's not such a drastic change. I also like the new spider more tbh

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crazyspideyfan

Found more evidence. On the Spider-Man 2 #1 cover, Peter is wearing the ANAD/Mark 4, but in panel, he wears the classic costume. Here is also more covers were he dons the classic costume. Edit: The Spider-Men 2 cover shown here is the only cover were he wears the classic costume, and its a variant.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: More art of Spidey not glowing (except eyes) from ASM vol.4 #29. Most of the issue is with everything glowing, which I personally love. But here's some art I thought you would like.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Lol i just needed to post something I was getting bored.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The artwork in Spider-Men II looks beautiful.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now the classic costume appeared on ASM as well... Becoming more and more likely to happen

No Caption Provided
    Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just get rid off OnSloth.

Ffs I want to buy ASM again.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Crazyspideyfan

@amazingfantasy: I think it's confirmed by now that during Secret Wars, Peter's suit is destroyed, along with his company. In Spider-Men 2, which most likely takes place after Secret Empire, Peter is in his classic costume. Furthermore, there not showing Peter without the costume, because it would give away what his current status is after Secret Empire. (Thats just my theory)

matthdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope bringing back the photographer Peter. I hate this billionaire company guy version.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthdog: I hate the bullshit, uncharacteristic, loser 30-year old freelance photographer "version" of Peter.

matthdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyspideyfan: Yeah pretty much what I think as well, we're just getting more and more evidence. But I thought of it before all this recent stuff, so I'm just waiting to see if I can say "Called it!" LOL

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a step in the right direction. I'm not the biggest fan of the glowing Spider-Man to be honest.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@matthdog: I hate the bullshit, uncharacteristic, loser 30-year old freelance photographer "version" of Peter.

I wouldn't mind Parker Industries sticking around. Just make it smaller scale and more heavily based on Peter's own inventions and ideas, plus those of the friends he's hired. I really don't want him going back to being just the struggling photographer again when he's finally moved past that point in his life.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: Yeah, instead of randomly deciding to work at the Bugle for no reason, Peter should get some of his friends together and create another start-up himself. Being a photgrapher didn't make any sense for Peter after he left college, and especially not as a 30 year old.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.