Spider-Man (Marvel) Cinematic Universe Discussion

#4551 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:

@marvelman92: why do they have to open a film idea with "first openly gay actor as a lead"!? I was just turned off from the movie. Are they gonna make Ikaris gay. F that!

Judging by the rumors and the supposed casting call, I always assumed that it was going to be Hercules, since he's an openly bisexual character in canon. (Of course, the media likes to pretend that bisexuals don't exist, and saying that a character is gay gets more clicks than someone who likes both men and women.)

best of both worlds is better, though I prefer heterosexuality.

#4552 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5222 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:

@marvelman92: why do they have to open a film idea with "first openly gay actor as a lead"!? I was just turned off from the movie. Are they gonna make Ikaris gay. F that!

Judging by the rumors and the supposed casting call, I always assumed that it was going to be Hercules, since he's an openly bisexual character in canon. (Of course, the media likes to pretend that bisexuals don't exist, and saying that a character is gay gets more clicks than someone who likes both men and women.)

Well Of Course Hercules Is Bi. He's A Greek God. Most Of His Family Being God's Are Like That. For Years People Try To Make Such A Big Deal About It. As If Her Cares! But, Yeah. The Media Is Full Of Crap. I Mean, If The Thor Series Continues, Then I Hope We See Him And Hercules Teaming Up And Rival Each other Like They Use To.

#4553 Posted by animehunter (8709 posts) - - Show Bio
#4554 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
#4555 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio
#4556 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: These Endgame trailers have been very action exempt, instead focusing on the impact and crippling emotion of that loss. Its smart, but I'd like to see some action as well. However there is a reason the trailers are like that, Marvel Studios truly does not want to spoil much with this definitive entry in the MCU.

#4557 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@supermanthor said:

@animehunter: cool specially the last part

Which last part, the space costumes or the Cap Marvel cameo?

captain marvel meeting thor and they have eye to eye contact in other words the latter / bold one

#4558 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@supermanthor said:

@animehunter: cool specially the last part

Which last part, the space costumes or the Cap Marvel cameo?

captain marvel meeting thor and they have eye to eye contact in other words the latter / bold one

that's supposed to be bold?

cap marvel feels shoehorned in. like a last minute entry into the race. in other words she doesn't deserve to be at Endgame. would have been better off if she had come after the most important moment in the Avengers history.

#4559 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
#4560 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5222 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @supermanthor: I Really Like This Trailer. Just The Avengers Trying To Recover From Their Loss And Rising Up To Defeat Thanos. The Last Part With Thor And Carol Was Really Nice. Goes To Show That You Don't Need The Likes Of Captain Marvel To Solve Your Problems. She Could Be The Fill In For The Distraction While The Avengers Take Him All At Once With Thor Delivering The Final Blow.....Well, Either Him Or Ant Man.

#4561 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio
#4562 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: i just saw it useing torrent its ok movie

#4563 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: i just saw it useing torrent its ok movie

Its average at best.

At worse or straight, its forgettable and boring. That to me is worse than a bad movie.

The movie's controversy will be long remembered rather than the plot of this movie.

#4564 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
#4565 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5222 posts) - - Show Bio
#4567 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
#4569 Posted by Daniel_Marvel (22 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMnYExUeC0w

#4570 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man comics have been better.

#4571 Posted by animehunter (8709 posts) - - Show Bio
#4573 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: if there's any truth to that, it'd be awesome

#4574 Edited by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio
#4576 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio
#4577 Posted by animehunter (8709 posts) - - Show Bio
#4578 Posted by Supermanthor (20136 posts) - - Show Bio
#4579 Edited by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:
@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

Endgame footage has leaked.

...I have to admit, I did take a peek...

"Hey Peter Parker...you got something for me?"

who said that?

Why not find out yourself

MAJOR SPOILER

That... Was... Insane!

Captain Manvers continues to be a dud here. At least she don't beat Thanos from what I saw there.

Are you aware that the Sony Marvel Studios deal for Spider-Man ends with Far From Home unless Marvel can negotiate an extension.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#4580 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Did you seriously have to say that in a non-spoiler block? Not cool, dude.

#4581 Edited by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099 said:

@ursaber: Did you seriously have to say that in a non-spoiler block? Not cool, dude.

My apologies.

But what do you think of this bit:

Are you aware that the Sony Marvel Studios deal for Spider-Man ends with Far From Home unless Marvel can negotiate an extension.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#4582 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Yes, I was aware, and I'm sure you already know that I hope they don't get an extension, LOL.

#4583 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Yes, I was aware, and I'm sure you already know that I hope they don't get an extension, LOL.

I just hope the comics remain of good quality and that the Spider-Man game comes out soon!

Also, if Sony does not extend, then I hope they forget about live action and go all out on animation!

#4584 Edited by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

I took a peek at the spoilers for Endgame. This concerns Far From Home

Five years pass for the Avengers in Endgame, and that passage of time is not miraculously reversed at the end of the movie despite a very present time travel premise. Either Far From Home takes place before Endgame, or Peter and his entire high school party were dusted and were dead for those five years...even worse, if Peter and "MJ" get together in Far From Home, it's entirely possible "MJ" wasn't dusted and actually outgrows Peter by five years, while Peter remains a teenager, and is thus single again for the third film.

It's also entirely possible this is a way for Sony/Marvel to write themselves out of a corner with the Michelle character and course correcting by having Peter then "move on" to the real Mary Jane in the third movie.

#4585 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

I took a peek at the spoilers for Endgame. This concerns Far From Home

Five years pass for the Avengers in Endgame, and that passage of time is not miraculously reversed at the end of the movie despite a very present time travel premise. Either Far From Home takes place before Endgame, or Peter and his entire high school party were dusted and were dead for those five years...even worse, if Peter and "MJ" get together in Far From Home, it's entirely possible "MJ" wasn't dusted and actually outgrows Peter by five years, while Peter remains a teenager, and is thus single again for the third film.

It's also entirely possible this is a way for Sony/Marvel to write themselves out of a corner with the Michelle character and course correcting by having Peter then "move on" to the real Mary Jane in the third movie.

That's one hefty theory.

I think the time travel segment will be resolved easier than one might think and they'll return to the present time after which Far From Home will take place.

BTW I heard the Spider-Man Sony/Marvel deal ended with Far From Home. Apparently there were only five films or six films in Holland's contract. And that he'll return to Sony straight after.

#4586 Edited by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber

Peter is not involved with the time travel, he is revived near the end of the movie along with the others (I saw a leaked video of him riding a Pegasus with Valkyrie) . The Avengers go back in time to collect the Infinity Stones for their own version of the Gauntlet created by Stark. Five years have passed for everyone in real time, and when they're resurrected, time travel isn't used to undo the original snap or the deaths. The characters all have to deal with missing five years of their lives. It's possible Far From Home does take place afterwards, but you'd have to assume everyone in Peter's high school was dusted and missed five years too. Maybe Aunt May also

And yeah, that rumour about Spidey being sony exclusive again would make a lot of the decision making here make some sense if they wanted to do more standalone stuff.

#4587 Edited by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: would you be opposed to him returning to Sony?

For me, it'd be a loss to lose Tom Holland.

#4588 Posted by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Depends, I would like Sony to at least stick with one Peter for a few more movies, at least to do a crossover with Venom.

#4589 Edited by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

@quilsniv

I just found a means of watching all of Endgame. Still intend to see it tomorrow morning on the big screen and support it with my pennies/cents

Overall I'd give it a B+.

The high-stakes and novel time heist scenarios, the final battle and it's aftermath are what saves this movie from being a feel-good hallmark channel comedy

#4591 Posted by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter I don't have to worry about Far From Home confusing anyone after all then. My first theory was right

@ursaber

Peter's whole school was dusted and they missed five years, but they're all alright now as Peter meets Ned at the end of the film when returning to school

#4592 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter I don't have to worry about Far From Home confusing anyone after all then. My first theory was right

@ursaber

Peter's whole school was dusted and they missed five years, but they're all alright now as Peter meets Ned at the end of the film when returning to school

And Aunt May?

#4593 Posted by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Possibly

She was at Stark's funeral

#4594 Edited by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man comics are whoa right now.

#4595 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@helloman said:

Spider-Man comics are whoa right now.

how so?

#4596 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber Possibly

She was at Stark's funeral

Dude, seriously! Now I know Stark dies!

i mean, its not a big deal or anything considering I am spoiler king, but I have been surprisingly in the dark about this movie even with the reddit leak

just, warm me next time about what might be in that "Click to reveal SPOILERS' alert

#4597 Posted by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Sorry man, I'm usually very careful, and I assumed by your self-admitted rep you'd been spoiled on that already.

#4598 Edited by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber Sorry man, I'm usually very careful, and I assumed by your self-admitted rep you'd been spoiled on that already.

Its just that there was no warning about what the spoiler might spoil. Walking blind into something I guess.

if I was knowingly walking into a spoiler then it would be different, but I didn't know the part you closed out would contain what it did and I was looking for context over what you said before.

I take it you already saw the movie right?

#4599 Posted by ZariusII (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber I've seen it twice. Once on bootleg, the other officially

#4600 Posted by ursaber (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber I've seen it twice. Once on bootleg, the other officially

use one word to describe how it was

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.