Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Marvel) Cinematic Universe Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hello Everyone, and I finally watched Into The Spider-Verse the other day and Man! Was It So Frigging Great!!!!!! Like Absolutely Amazing, Spectacular And Heartfelt! Okay, so, here are my thoughts.

The animation in this film is absolutely brilliantly made! Mixing and blending in the styles of 2D and 3D animation. Every blend of style feels just like a comic book come to life feeling attached in some areas. The action sequences blend the style and animation really. Everything feels exciting and exhilirating from beginning to end. They also have a very nice hip-hop feel to it considering that the film centers around Miles Morales a young half black half Latino kid from Brooklyn and has established to be a Creator in arts and music.

The story is centered around Miles. And while the story does center around him, their would also be some description of his character considering that this new take is completely separate from Bendis' usual take. And Man! Did these guys do a Really good jb of giving Miles this brand new take. Miles in this film is like I said a young half black half Latino kid from Brooklyn. And this film does a great job of making him feel more like that with his smooth taste in fine arts and music, being cool and smooth to the people he meets, speaking great in spanish, and has a need to find his true life in the world as he tries to quit school and wants to do what he wants like his uncle Aaron. The film does a great job of telling the experience of a young African and Latino kid from Brooklyn in his place in the world. The film also does a brilliant job of conveying Miles' development and motivation of Spider-Man after having the guilt of costing his Peter his own life and trying very hard to live up to his mantle and completing his duty. The film also reflects heavily on his growth and his experience of how he got his powers like Peter has in his early days reflecting his stage of becoming the hero. The film does do a brilliant and impactful job of how anyone could wear the mask and be Spider-Man. And Lord and Miller have done a brilliant job of conveying that and telling the origin and characterization of Miles better than anything Bendis has ever put out since his debut in the 616 universe.

And now, with the story of Miles, you have to do the character of Peter justice no matter who's film it is, you have to do the character justice. And thankfully they've really done that. Both versions anyway. One blonde Peter played by Chris Pine and one older brown haired Peter played by Jake Johnson. The two versions are more older and experienced Spider-Men in terms of strength, speed, cunningness, and intelligence as well as heroism and nobility. The Peter in Miles' world is witty, clever, smart, intelligent, heroic, and mature as well as Noble. He shares some heartfelt scenes with Miles when he first meet him. Relating to how he Discovers his powers as well as promising him to teach him how to use them well. He also tells Miles to promise to stop the Kingpin and help save New York before he dies.

And now we have the Peter played by Jake Johnson who like Miles' Peter is witty, smart,intelligent, yet older, tired, wasted, and broken yet responsible and heroic throughout as well as experienced. In his world everything was going good for him as he is married and tried to get his life together. Though, he does have some hard life as him being Spider-Man got a little more difficult, he tried hard to get some money like start his own business,his Aunt May died, and yes, he And MJ did break up because

MJ wanted kids. But, Peter couldn't handle that. Though, most have said that Peter did that because his life as Spider-Man was getting in the way of that and made his life difficult.

Anyway, Peter meets Miles and he tries to talk to him before he zapped him. Miles meets Peter and tries to convince him to help him. But, Peter instead tries to act selfishly and tries to go him letting Miles handle things by himself. But, Miles guilts trips him into letting him tag along. Throughout the film, Peter slowly recovers as he feels like he could relate to Miles with his sense of duty and responsibility and when he meets Miles' Aunt May and Mary Jane as well as a few Spider-People. And now thanks to his time with Miles, he now has the courage to start things over with Mary Jane. Lord and Miller did a brilliant job of bringing the character to justice as well as Chris Pine and Jake Johnson for bringing the character to life and doing him Justice.

Gwen Stacy much like her Spider-Gwen counterpart is a drummer, has a father who's a cop, and a Peter who was the Lizard and died on her arms. And thanks to that, Gwen has become more distant to make sure no one gets to be harmed. Though, he life changed when she met Miles and another Peter. And throughout the film she began to feel alot closer to them. And now thanks to them, she has finally turned her life around becoming more sociable and comfortable to others.

Not much can be said about the other Spider-People since they only have such limited roles. But, they were really nice to see and fun to have as expected. Plus they have a very nice style to them as well as their performances from Nic Cage, Kimiko Glenn, and John Mulaney.

The Kingpin is the main villain of this film. And his role in this film has been very compelling as his motivation is tied into this. And Liev Schriber has done a great job of conveying the character in his role.

Though, there are a few gripes that I have with this film and that a few characters didn't have enough screentime that they deserve such as Mary Jane and Tombstone as well as Goblin. Though, Mary Jane does have an interesting role in the series as

There is a possibility as Miles' MJ could be pregnant as we haven't seen her throughout the film as she could've possibly stayed home due to the press. And there was a joke that she have some craving for bread which could be a symptom of her pregnancy. With that, we could see May Day Parker in Miles' world and Annie May Parker in the older Peter's world.

Another issue I have is that

Miles and Gwen could possibly be a couple. While their chemistry is sweet in this film. I'm just not a fan of the idea. Seems pointless. I'd rather Miles have his own girl. Seems like a pointless idea to have one from another world especially a version of your mentor's former girl. I don't see a point in this. Not to sound hard anyway.

Anyway, this is a brilliantly made film. Possibly one of the best comic book films ever made, the best Spidey film ever made, and one of the best films of 2018. I Highly Recommend you guys go check out this film!!!!!!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: Did Old Peter go back to his MJ and changed his mind about kids?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got back from Into the Spider-Verse, and I've got to say - that was great! Easily my favorite Spider-Man film adaptation.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter Well I know what one of my 2019 projects will be now....to rewrite it

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just came home from watching "Into The Spider-Verse", what a great movie, really great.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4415  Edited By animehunter

This a an Argentinian interview with Marsha Griffin a producer for the Marvels Spider-Man cartoon:

https://culturageek.com.ar/spider-man-la-serie-animada-en-la-temporada-2-vuelve-doctor-octopus-y-hay-cameo-de-stan-lee/

From what it says

There will be another Stan Lee cameo,

It will be continuing sometime summer 2019

and that she has no idea if there will be a third season, which could be an indication of it having been cancelled.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came home from watching "Into The Spider-Verse", what a great movie, really great.

Glad to hear it.

I saw the leaked end credits scene of Spider-Man 2099. It was hilarious!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This a an Argentinian interview with Marsha Griffin a producer for the Marvels Spider-Man cartoon:

https://culturageek.com.ar/spider-man-la-serie-animada-en-la-temporada-2-vuelve-doctor-octopus-y-hay-cameo-de-stan-lee/

From what it says

There will be another Stan Lee cameo,

It will be continuing sometime summer 2019

and that she has no idea if there will be a third season, which could be an indication of it having been cancelled.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17

Good news!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Glad to hear it.

I saw the leaked end credits scene of Spider-Man 2099. It was hilarious!

Lol yeah, hilarious indeed.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter The third season of that show not being in production comes as little surprise to those who followed the news that the animation department had shut down over a year ago.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter Honestly, as much as I do not like how they portray Peter in this, this is as clear a message to Marvel AND Disney that an older and more experienced Spider-Man is what is needed in the medium

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4429  Edited By animehunter
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @animehunter said:
    @ursaber said:

@zariusii: @marvelman92: @Elbarto17: @animehunter:

Is Apple set to buy Sony? Is it a sure thing?

Just a rumour right now, nothing concrete

Would it be a good thing for Marvel to recover Spider-Man as a whole in your opinion?

I Don't Trust Them Since Homecoming. But, They SHOULD Open A Department Of Their Animated Features Since Spider-Verse.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4436  Edited By animehunter
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter I like Peter's interactions with Michelle here just fine. Honestly, I'm more accepting of this MJ than others are.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter I like Peter's interactions with Michelle here just fine. Honestly, I'm more accepting of this MJ than others are.

Why?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still might not watch it. as I'm still peeved that they turned Mary Jane's initials into an Easter egg. because to that's what Michelle Jones is to me, an Easter Egg.

If they would just say why they can't use Mary Jane as her actual name than maybe I might reconsider.

You answered it yourself. That's the MCU answer to this MJ. She's not the tiger saying redheaded Mary Jane Watson in the MCU.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4440  Edited By ursaber

I like more the Spider-Man aspect here than the Peter Parker aspect. The superhero, powers and costumes and villains part of Homecoming and now this movie are the greatest strength here for me.

I do not like however the Peter Parker status, his friends and their "diversification". They're more Miles' supports than Peter's. You know my thoughts on "MJ"

It looks like Hydro Man and Sandman are here. More likely they are illusions crafted by Mysterio in order to play hero.

Peter and Nick Fury, best callback to USM.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I agree.

I'm sure the action will be good, but they butchered Peter Parker as a character. I don't want to see the movie.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4442  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

Why?

i know what you think about this version of MJ so I don't think I'll bother giving you any reasons.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

Why?

i know what you think about this version of MJ so I don't think I'll bother giving you any reasons.

Why? I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know your thoughts here.

I seemed to recall none of us was too fond of this Michelle Jones Non Mary Jane "MJ". Its just what she is in these movies.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I agree.

I'm sure the action will be good, but they butchered Peter Parker as a character. I don't want to see the movie.

What!? No. I like Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I just don't like Peter Parker's friends and non-superhero life. I do like Aunt May. I don't like Ned Leeds, "MJ", Flash, etc. I think their attempts at diversity are forced and unwelcome here.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Peter's portrait in his ID encapsulates a lot of why I don't like this take. He's a goof.

The template is messed up with this this young, healthy Aunt May (at least relatively healthy compared to Stan Lee's sickly, frail, elderly Aunt May) and because of his relationship with Tony Stark.

And MJ and Ned aren't likeable. MJ's sarcasm and Ned's immaturity are annoying.

I don't care about this Peter's journey.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Peter's portrait in his ID encapsulates a lot of why I don't like this take. He's a goof.

The template is messed up with this this young, healthy Aunt May (at least relatively healthy compared to Stan Lee's sickly, frail, elderly Aunt May) and because of his relationship with Tony Stark.

And MJ and Ned aren't likeable. MJ's sarcasm and Ned's immaturity are annoying.

I don't care about this Peter's journey.

Likewise on most part. He is sort of a good but since I really like Tom Holland, I like his Peter two but not his surroundings. I much prefer this younger Aunt May rather than the ancient looking Aunt May that looks more like a grandmother.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did we know perter's birthday before?10 Aug.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the blonde with fury shooting at sand-man or something?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mysterio looks awesome, Spidey looks great and finally swinging through New York..........everything else is trash.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.