Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Insomniac game) discussion.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @ursaber said:
    @mizerous said:

Hoping the game doesn't get delayed since we still know very little about it at this point.

Next to nothing actually. No other characters, no story trailer, no actual gameplay. New York looked beautiful though :)

Don't forget the voice! Yes, I know Yuri Lowenthal is in everything, but I would like to know what his Spidey voice sounds like. Yes, it did. What's really gonna make the game awesome will be the swinging, combat, and the side quests. Sunset Overdrive had a lot of side quests though, so if that's any indicator, then hopefully it'll be fun.

I Hope We Actually Explore ALL Of The Areas Of New York Like Not Just Manhatten But Also The Bronx, Harlem, Queens, Brooklyn, Hells Kitchen, Coney Island, The Amusement Park, The Carnival, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Washington Bridge, Etc. Each And Every Areas Would Be Good. I Also Would Like To Stand Ontop Of The Empire State Build And See The Nights Turn To Days, Days Turn To Dawn, And Dawns Turn To Nights, And Also Experience Things In Any Climates Like During The Rain, Snow, Blizzards, Snow Showers, Hail, Rain Showers, Drizzles, Wind, Etc. I Also Would Like To Relax Ontop Of A Subway Train As It Runs Its Course And Takes Us Anywhere To Our Destinations. All Of That Would Actually Sound Exciting :) :D

Speaking Of Yuri Lowenthal, I Was Actually Thinking That His Wife Tara Platt Would Play As Mary Jane Watson(Parker). It'd Be Nice Seeing The Good Married Couple Playing As The Greatest Married Couple In Fiction.

Interesting ideas, all of them. Don't know Tara Platt, looked up her voice acting...I can't tell. She's such a good actress with a variety of role types that if she did play MJ, she could either be meh or knock it right out of the park.

Well Here's Her Roles:

Loading Video...

I know, that's the video I found when I searched for her.

My point remains the same: she is a very talented actress. And, she can clearly perform a large range of voices, to the point that her MJ voice would likely be only limited by her imagination and familiarity with the source material. So, if she picks the perfect voice, we'll all go wild. But if she picks one that's not perfect, or only okay, then we'll all go, "Yeah, she was good."

Tara Platt Honestly Has The Potential To Be The Perfect MJ. But In All Honesty , Colleen Clinkenbeard Would Be My Choice For MJ If She Does More Work On LA Or Any Other Projects In Texas For Marvel:

Loading Video...

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @ursaber said:
    @mizerous said:

Hoping the game doesn't get delayed since we still know very little about it at this point.

Next to nothing actually. No other characters, no story trailer, no actual gameplay. New York looked beautiful though :)

Don't forget the voice! Yes, I know Yuri Lowenthal is in everything, but I would like to know what his Spidey voice sounds like. Yes, it did. What's really gonna make the game awesome will be the swinging, combat, and the side quests. Sunset Overdrive had a lot of side quests though, so if that's any indicator, then hopefully it'll be fun.

I Hope We Actually Explore ALL Of The Areas Of New York Like Not Just Manhatten But Also The Bronx, Harlem, Queens, Brooklyn, Hells Kitchen, Coney Island, The Amusement Park, The Carnival, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Washington Bridge, Etc. Each And Every Areas Would Be Good. I Also Would Like To Stand Ontop Of The Empire State Build And See The Nights Turn To Days, Days Turn To Dawn, And Dawns Turn To Nights, And Also Experience Things In Any Climates Like During The Rain, Snow, Blizzards, Snow Showers, Hail, Rain Showers, Drizzles, Wind, Etc. I Also Would Like To Relax Ontop Of A Subway Train As It Runs Its Course And Takes Us Anywhere To Our Destinations. All Of That Would Actually Sound Exciting :) :D

Speaking Of Yuri Lowenthal, I Was Actually Thinking That His Wife Tara Platt Would Play As Mary Jane Watson(Parker). It'd Be Nice Seeing The Good Married Couple Playing As The Greatest Married Couple In Fiction.

Interesting ideas, all of them. Don't know Tara Platt, looked up her voice acting...I can't tell. She's such a good actress with a variety of role types that if she did play MJ, she could either be meh or knock it right out of the park.

Well Here's Her Roles:

Loading Video...

My point remains the same: she is a very talented actress. And, she can clearly perform a large range of voices, to the point that her MJ voice would likely be only limited by her imagination and familiarity with the source material. So, if she picks the perfect voice, we'll all go wild. But if she picks one that's not perfect, or only okay, then we'll all go, "Yeah, she was good."

Tara Platt Honestly Has The Potential To Be The Perfect MJ. But In All Honesty , Colleen Clinkenbeard Would Be My Choice For MJ If She Does More Work On LA Or Any Other Projects In Texas For Marvel:

Loading Video...

Why LA and Texas?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @ursaber said:
    @mizerous said:

Well Here's Her Roles:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Why LA and Texas?

Because Most Of The Actors Like Her Who Are In Texas Capture Most Of The Marvel Characters And Mythos But Sadly Won't Able To Because Most Of The Projects Are Handled In LA. But It Could Or Might Even Be Possible To Still Have Actors From Texas To Perform In Such Marvel Projects.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@marvelman92: @bjparks:

Tara can do a remarkable job. However I also like MJ's voice actress in Spectacular Spider Man.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Tara can do a remarkable job. However I also like MJ's voice actress in Spectacular Spider Man.

Yeah, Vanessa Marshall Did Such An Amazingly Brilliant Job As MJ. I Hope To Hear More Of Her As The Character In The Future. But For Me, MJ Should Sound Young, Energetic, And Someone Who Is Close To Peter's Age. Vanessa Is A Great Fit But She Sounds Too Mature For MJ. She Fits Better For Someone Like Natasha Romanov Than MJ. That's Why I'd Go For Someone Like Either Tara Platt Or Colleen Clinkenbeard.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Yeah, Vanessa Marshall Did Such An Amazingly Brilliant Job As MJ. I Hope To Hear More Of Her As The Character In The Future. But For Me, MJ Should Sound Young, Energetic, And Someone Who Is Close To Peter's Age. Vanessa Is A Great Fit But She Sounds Too Mature For MJ. She Fits Better For Someone Like Natasha Romanov Than MJ. That's Why I'd Go For Someone Like Either Tara Platt Or Colleen Clinkenbeard.

Nah, have to disagree with you on that. She sounds perfect with a voluptuous seductive voice that just melts you. And besides were not talking about a teen Mary Jane, were talking about an adult Mary Jane.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:

Nah, have to disagree with you on that. She sounds perfect with a voluptuous seductive voice that just melts you. And besides were not talking about a teen Mary Jane, were talking about an adult Mary Jane.

Yeah, I Know. I Meant Like Throughout The Years. Like Knowing Eachother From Post Highschool Graduation And College To Post College Graduation. But, Regardless Of That, I Really Hope To Hear Vanessa Reprise Her Role More Often.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@animehunter: MCU might probably wank Gwen as well.

Not sure if legit though. Saw a vid on comicbookcast about it.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By amazingfantasy

I liked it tbh...
    The whole Gwen-Harry-Eddie things seems cool and makes sense.
    I dig Mr. Negative and he does fit in a grounded, Spider-Man story, or in this case, game. He is one of the few crime bosses who can actually give Spidey a fight. A little surprised about The Rose appearing tho.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gwen Thing Might Not Be True. Like They Actually Said, The Leaks Could Be A Rumor. I Mean Norman Could Obviously Be Real Since He's Gonna Run For Mayor In This Story And The Gang Related Threats Could Be True. I'm Really Not Sure If The Whole Eddie Brock Being An Ex-Criminal/Con Man For Hire And Gwen And George Being Involved. Anyway, Some Of Them Could Be True. But Hopefully MJ Will Be Infact IN This Game Instead Of Gwen.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ursaber

@animehunter: @eto: @amazingfantasy:

We'll probably get an E3 trailer and a demo walkthrough.

As for Gwen, damn her. She is sickening. Gwen is a memory. The most interesting thing she did was die.

And besides, Gwen was the love interest for the last two Amazing Spider Man games. They're just rehashing it again. Damn Gwen.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gwen's got a popularity boost ever since ASM... It's natural I suppose.

Besides I guess you're all forgetting... Companies loves rivalries. This may not be a "fight" one like Thor/Hulk, Supes/Bats, Cap/Iron Man... This is merely Gwen having her shot so the arguments between fans intensify.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By MarvelMan92

I Like Gwen And Am Glad She's Getting Her Chance At Popularity And All. But, MJ Is Honestly Truly The One For Peter. And They Haven't Given The Guy That Since. Hopefully The Gwen Thing Will Be Just A Rumor And That Mary Jane Would Be The Real Main Love Interest. If Gwen Is Actually In This Game, Then I Hope MJ Is In There As Well. Remember This Is Actually Suppose To Be An Original Story And Take Of Their Own Spidey Universe. So, If Gwen Is Not Even Dead In This Universe, Harry Is Alive(Regardless Of What Anyone Thinks Of His Current Status Since OMD), And That Eddie Is An Ex-Convict, Then Maybe Insomniac Are Doing Something Pretty Interesting With Them. I Don't Know. All I Do Hope Is That MJ Won't Be Completely Shafted Again.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By amazingfantasy

@marvelman92: True. Even if Gwen is indeed the love interest MJ could still be there, and I hope she is. There's room for both.

(Although I imagine that if she was, the reddit post would mention it... Hmm.)

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pro-Gwen stance is bothersome, I agree...but what can you do? Her idealization is contagious and they want to cash in on the Webb movies while they're still somewhat fresh in a young generation's head...plus Spider-Gwen, despite being trashed in sales monthly by Mary Jane-related content, will be getting more exposure through the new animated series also.

As much as we don't like it, Gwen remains marketable.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: True. Even if Gwen is indeed the love interest MJ could still be there, and I hope she is. There's room for both.

(Although I imagine that if she was, the reddit post would mention it... Hmm.)

Maybe you get to choose who your love interest is in the game.

Also, there have been false plots before, even stating Peter is with MJ and a family and thus far they've been deleted as well. In either case I just want my saucy redhead MJ, best redhead ever, best Spidey love ever.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I have nothing against Gwen, but your post is on point. Especially the last line. Gwen is marketable, simple as that.

But anyways yeah let's not forget that this info might not be legit.
    Although as I've said I do think in general it was sweet... Now change that white spider!!!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I have nothing against Gwen, but your post is on point. Especially the last line. Gwen is marketable, simple as that.

But anyways yeah let's not forget that this info might not be legit.

Although as I've said I do think in general it was sweet... Now change that white spider!!!

The Plot About Gwen Might Be Fake(Hopefully), But I Hope The Plots Relating To Tombstone, Sin Eater, And The Rose Are All True. It'd Be Interesting To See A Gang Related Story Tying Into Norman's Involvement In Running For Mayor. I Also Hope That The Kingpin Is Involved In This Story. Harry Is Debatable. Honestly, I Rather Have Him Stay Dead. But, Since This Is Insomniac Trying To Tell Their Own Stories, I Think Harry Being Involved Could Be Interesting. Of Course This Doesn't Mean That It's Mainly Because He's Still Alive In The BND Era. It Could Be Really Interesting To See What They Could Actually Really Do With Harry.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Gwen is the main love interest. Well it keep or stop you guys from enjoying the game?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#223  Edited By Captain13

@theheaven_guardian10: Yes, but I don't expect it to affect the mainstream. I just wish the creators had as much respect as the creators of the arkham games...

I have no problem with her being a friend or playable, but MJ is the only love interest I want to see. Gwen as a love interest would be really disappointing.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Not for me. As I've said, I have nothing against Gwen. Plus even if I did, if the game ends up being good/great, I'm sure I'd still be able to enjoy it, as I did with other games that had one or two elements I wasn't a fan of.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By ursaber

@amazingfantasy: @captain13: @theheaven_guardian10:

Well, sadly I'm not gonna be able to play the game because all I have is a high end PC and no PS4.

Gwen, marketable Gwen. Sick and tired of this dead girl coming back for more. I have everything against her. She's the past. She's no good and not interesting. She's a cliche, a deus ex machina. LET HER GO! Mary Jane is just if not more marketable than Gwen, more beautiful, more likable and dynamic and just plain better and badass.

All I can hope for is that MJ is in the game as well and I can choose between the two, you know if I were to play the game which I can't (weeps)

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Like Gwen. And I Love MJ. But, Gwen Being The (Possible) Main Love Interest In The Game Won't Stop Me From Buying It. That Said, I Really Do Hope The Gwen Rumor Is False And That MJ Is Actually In The Game. That Being Said, MJ IS Definitely More Better And Marketable Than Gwen. Brave, Confident, Charismatic, Lovable, Likable, And All Around A More Flawed Person As Peter Is.

Though, I Do Hope That, Like @ursaber Said, That We'll Be Able To Pick Either One Of Our Love Interests. And Considering That MJ's Father Isn't A Cop, The Stories Between The Two Could Be Alot More Interesting In Their Own Way.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: @ursaber: @captain13: Thanks for answering my question. Like some of you, don't have anything against Gwen. I even like her. But I would very much prefer MJ and Felicia be in the game, especially as a love interest.

I'm so excited for this game. The more news I hear the more hyped I get.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: @ursaber: @captain13: Thanks for answering my question. Like some of you, don't have anything against Gwen. I even like her. But I would very much prefer MJ and Felicia be in the game, especially as a love interest.

Personally, I would prefer MJ as well. Consider this though. A quote from Mr. Jay Ong, Mar-vell's Vice President of Games,

"We’ve had a long history of success with Activision, and we still have a great relationship with them. But the future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac. We’re delighted about this partnership, and that’s something that’s going to continue forward. With [regard to] other console partners, stay tuned. There’s many more interesting additional things to come."

So, imagine they're planning to do a sequel or trilogy, even. Might they not save characters like MJ and/or Felicia for the sequel? Start with Gwen (with Peter in college), and work from there. Or start with Gwen, introduce Felicia as well, and work from there. That way, you have the growth over several games, and time to explore many different stories.

Just a thought.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @theheaven_guardian10 said:

Personally, I would prefer MJ as well. Consider this though. A quote from Mr. Jay Ong, Mar-vell's Vice President of Games,

"We’ve had a long history of success with Activision, and we still have a great relationship with them. But the future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac. We’re delighted about this partnership, and that’s something that’s going to continue forward. With [regard to] other console partners, stay tuned. There’s many more interesting additional things to come."

So, imagine they're planning to do a sequel or trilogy, even. Might they not save characters like MJ and/or Felicia for the sequel? Start with Gwen (with Peter in college), and work from there. Or start with Gwen, introduce Felicia as well, and work from there. That way, you have the growth over several games, and time to explore many different stories.

Just a thought.

That Could Work. Since It's Their Own Story In Their Own Universe, They Could Tell Some Different Stories That Have Not Been In The Spider-Man Comics Before Nor Any Other Adaptations And Make Things Rather Organic, Relatable, And Quite Unpredictable In The Stories They Want To Tell For This Series. I Mean, Gwen Could Die A Different Way From Norman As Would George. And MJ Might Get Introduced Differently. I Mea, Who Knows About That. But, All In All, I Really Hope That MJ Will Be The Main Love Interest. But Regardless Of That, I Really Do Want This Game To Be Really Brilliant As They Want It To Be.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:

Just a thought.

That Could Work. Since It's Their Own Story In Their Own Universe, They Could Tell Some Different Stories That Have Not Been In The Spider-Man Comics Before Nor Any Other Adaptations And Make Things Rather Organic, Relatable, And Quite Unpredictable In The Stories They Want To Tell For This Series. I Mean, Gwen Could Die A Different Way From Norman As Would George. And MJ Might Get Introduced Differently. I Mea, Who Knows About That. But, All In All, I Really Hope That MJ Will Be The Main Love Interest. But Regardless Of That, I Really Do Want This Game To Be Really Brilliant As They Want It To Be.

My anticipation for this game just dropped with Gwen's inclusion. She is a turn off for me. That is, if the speculation is true. I genuinely don't like her at all. Gwen was the love interest for the past two Amazing Spider Man games and now they're rehashing that again.

Guess I better go and play Web of Shadows, I can choose between the two actual worthwhile love interests, MJ and Black Cat and no mention of Gwen at all.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: That could totally work!!! It would give them an opportunity to tell different types of stories. Along with mixing elements from the book, which could lead to multiple tales and scenarios. If this game is to Spider-Man what Arkham is to Batman. Then I'm all for them adding characters like; Mary Jane and Black Cat, in sequel and later installments. It add more character growth and world building in my opinion. I am so very excited for this game. I hope we get more news on it.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: That could totally work!!! It would give them an opportunity to tell different types of stories. Along with mixing elements from the book, which could lead to multiple tales and scenarios. If this game is to Spider-Man what Arkham is to Batman. Then I'm all for them adding characters like; Mary Jane and Black Cat, in sequel and later installments. It add more character growth and world building in my opinion. I am so very excited for this game. I hope we get more news on it.

Me too, they are such teases! :)

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: Lol That's so true dude ha. Insomniac needs too feed us!!!!! We're hungry lol!!!!!!!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By MarvelMan92

Indeed. You Can Tell Multiple Stories And Scenerios When You Have Different Love Interests. Like Since MJ's Father Isn't Really A Cop You Could Tell Multiple Stories And Scenerios Where MJ Does Something And Seves Some Other Importance In These Stories. With Gwen It Could Lead Into Some Interesting Plot Points When It Concerns The Stacys. As For Felicia, Well, I Prefer Her To Be This Wing Gal For Spidey To Enjoy Himself With. Felicia Is Mainly Just His Partner. But, Her As One Of The Main Love Interests Could Be Interesting Depending On What Kind Of Stories That Insomniac Wants To Tell.

Note: Insomniac Have Also Had Meetings With Marvel Once A Week. So It Actually Shows How Dedicated They Really Are Towards This Game And The Character And His Entire Mythos.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: Lol That's so true dude ha. Insomniac needs too feed us!!!!! We're hungry lol!!!!!!!

For real! If E3 is where they show it next, it can't come soon enough.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By BJParks

Indeed. You Can Tell Multiple Stories And Scenerios When You Have Different Love Interests. Like Since MJ's Father Isn't Really A Cop You Could Tell Multiple Stories And Scenerios Where MJ Does Something And Seves Some Other Importance In These Stories. With Gwen It Could Lead Into Some Interesting Plot Points When It Concerns The Stacys. As For Felicia, Well, I Prefer Her To Be This Wing Gal For Spidey To Enjoy Himself With. Felicia Is Mainly Just His Partner. But, Her As One Of The Main Love Interests Could Be Interesting Depending On What Kind Of Stories That Insomniac Wants To Tell.

Note: Insomniac Have Also Had Meetings With Marvel Once A Week. So It Actually Shows How Dedicated They Really Are Towards This Game And The Character And His Entire Mythos.

Yeah, I'm glad they're meeting with Marvel. I wonder how much humor they're going for. I cautiously wait.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:

Yeah, I'm glad they're meeting with Marvel. I wonder how much humor they're going for. I cautiously wait.

Well, I'm Expecting Mostly Dramatic And Possibly Slice Of Life Stuff But I Would Like To See Some Funny Moments In The Game And I Really Wonder How Much Of Spidey's Humor Will Be In The Game.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm over the design change. I really don't like the voice actor, and that's a much more significant problem.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm over the design change. I really don't like the voice actor, and that's a much more significant problem.

WHAT!?! REALLY!?! Come On, Man. What's Wrong With Yuri Lowenthal? I Mean, Sure It's Not Josh Keaton Or Christopher Daniel Barnes, But, Yuri Lowenthal Actually Does Fit With Alot Of Spidey's Character. The Guy Would Do Brilliant. I'm Just Curious As To Who They'll Bring For Characters Like Mary Jane, J Jonah Jameson, Betty Brant, Joseph Robertson, Randy Robertson, Glory Grant, Wilson Fisk, Norman Osborn, And The Rest. My Guess Is That Mary Jane Will Be Voiced By Yuri's Wife, Tara Platt. Actors Like Grey Griffin And Cree Summers Would Reprise Their Roles As Both Betty Brant And Glory Grant. Dave Fennoy I Honestly See Him As Joseph Robertson. For Jameson, If They Can't Get JK Simmons To Reprise His Role, Then Maybe They'll Have Either Darran Norris Or Fred Tatasciore Fill In For The Guy. With Wilson Fisk AKA The Kingpin, I Always Thought That John Swasey Would Be Great For The Role. But Since They Couldn't Get An Actor From Huston Texas I Think That Either JB Blanc, Fred Tatasciore, Or Ever Greg Berger Would Play As The Character Of The Kingpin. And For Norman Osborn, I Really Hope That They'll Be Able To Have Alan Rachin Reprise His Role As The Character. The Guy Honestly Captures Everything About Norman From His From His Genteman And Imposing Posture, To His Cold And Calculative Demeanor, And His Sociopathy. The Guy Is Actually The Mark Hamil Of The Green Goblins. Hopefully, They'll Let The Guy Be Able To Reprise His Role As The Character.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

WHAT!?! REALLY!?! Come On, Man. What's Wrong With Yuri Lowenthal? I Mean, Sure It's Not Josh Keaton Or Christopher Daniel Barnes, But, Yuri Lowenthal Actually Does Fit With Alot Of Spidey's Character. The Guy Would Do Brilliant. I'm Just Curious As To Who They'll Bring For Characters Like Mary Jane, J Jonah Jameson, Betty Brant, Joseph Robertson, Randy Robertson, Glory Grant, Wilson Fisk, Norman Osborn, And The Rest. My Guess Is That Mary Jane Will Be Voiced By Yuri's Wife, Tara Platt. Actors Like Grey Griffin And Cree Summers Would Reprise Their Roles As Both Betty Brant And Glory Grant. Dave Fennoy I Honestly See Him As Joseph Robertson. For Jameson, If They Can't Get JK Simmons To Reprise His Role, Then Maybe They'll Have Either Darran Norris Or Fred Tatasciore Fill In For The Guy. With Wilson Fisk AKA The Kingpin, I Always Thought That John Swasey Would Be Great For The Role. But Since They Couldn't Get An Actor From Huston Texas I Think That Either JB Blanc, Fred Tatasciore, Or Ever Greg Berger Would Play As The Character Of The Kingpin. And For Norman Osborn, I Really Hope That They'll Be Able To Have Alan Rachin Reprise His Role As The Character. The Guy Honestly Captures Everything About Norman From His From His Genteman And Imposing Posture, To His Cold And Calculative Demeanor, And His Sociopathy. The Guy Is Actually The Mark Hamil Of The Green Goblins. Hopefully, They'll Let The Guy Be Able To Reprise His Role As The Character.

@nickzambuto: How do you know you won't like Yuri Lowenthal?

@marvelman92: How do you know you'll like Yuri Lowenthal?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By renamed040924

@bjparks: I just didn't like what we heard of him so far. He could surprise me with more material, and I'm hoping he does, but what we've heard so far doesn't sound genuine to me. Like Josh Keaton, NPH, and Rino Romano, they pretty much become Spider-Man. Lowenthal just sounded like somebody acting.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @nickzambuto said:

Because Yuri Lowenthal Is A Great And Prolific Voice Actor. He's Done A Number Of Anime Roles Like Sasuke Uchiha From The Naruto Series, Shinra From Durarara, Suzaku Kururugi From The Code Geass Series, Barnaby Brooks Jr. From Tiger & Bunny, Simon From Gurren Laggan, Shu From Blue Dragon, And Haru Glory From Rave Master And Has Done Some Characters In Other Series That Fit Peter And Spidey's Range Like In His Role As Ben Tennyson From The Ben 10 Series. He's Also Done Spidey Before In The Superhero Squad Online Game, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game From The Mobile Device, And In The Latest Spider-Man Unlimited Game From The App. The Guy Is Gonna Do Brilliant As The Character.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @nickzambuto said:

Because Yuri Lowenthal Is A Great And Prolific Voice Actor. He's Done A Number Of Anime Roles Like Sasuke Uchiha From The Naruto Series, Shinra From Durarara, Suzaku Kururugi From The Code Geass Series, Barnaby Brooks Jr. From Tiger & Bunny, Simon From Gurren Laggan, Shu From Blue Dragon, And Haru Glory From Rave Master And Has Done Some Characters In Other Series That Fit Peter And Spidey's Range Like In His Role As Ben Tennyson From The Ben 10 Series. He's Also Done Spidey Before In The Superhero Squad Online Game, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game From The Mobile Device, And In The Latest Spider-Man Unlimited Game From The App. The Guy Is Gonna Do Brilliant As The Character.

I need to go search for the Yuri Lowenthal Spider-Voices, and I'll report back when I do. I just feel like given the 15 seconds of dialogue we were given, it's too early to say. A lot of the voices he's done have been for child or seemingly pre-pubescent teen roles, or had a very anime feel that may or may not be right for the game.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not excited for it because it's a PS4 exclusive. And that upsets me.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @nickzambuto said:

I need to go search for the Yuri Lowenthal Spider-Voices, and I'll report back when I do. I just feel like given the 15 seconds of dialogue we were given, it's too early to say. A lot of the voices he's done have been for child or seemingly pre-pubescent teen roles, or had a very anime feel that may or may not be right for the game.

All right, did my research on his Spidey roles. So far, doesn't seem bad, but those were all minute-long clips. Plus, it doesn't scream Spider-Man to me. In the game, it might, but I really need more content to make a definite opinion.

Also, for the next teaser trailer, I want to see what the character models' faces look like. We didn't see anyone's face in the teaser (except faceless passersby), and if it's going to focus on Peter, I'd like to see what his face looks like.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By MarvelMan92

@bjparks said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @nickzambuto said:

All right, did my research on his Spidey roles. So far, doesn't seem bad, but those were all minute-long clips. Plus, it doesn't scream Spider-Man to me. In the game, it might, but I really need more content to make a definite opinion.

Also, for the next teaser trailer, I want to see what the character models' faces look like. We didn't see anyone's face in the teaser (except faceless passersby), and if it's going to focus on Peter, I'd like to see what his face looks like.

Hopefully They're Gonna Go With The More Regular Everyman Look Like The Ones Made By Artists Like Steve McNiven, Mark Bagley, Stuart Immonen, Sara Pichelli, And Even Ed McGuinness. I Also Hope They're Taking A More Naturally Beautiful MJ Like The Ones Other Artists Like Mark Bagley, David Marquez, Sara Pichelli, Todd McFarlane, Phil Noto, Leonard Kirk,Todd Nauck, John Romita, And Alex Garner. Any Take Would Be Good.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @bjparks said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @nickzambuto said:

Hopefully They're Gonna Go With The More Regular Everyman Look Like The Ones Made By Artists Like Steve McNiven, Mark Bagley, Stuart Immonen, Sara Pichelli, And Even Ed McGuinness. I Also Hope They're Taking A More Naturally Beautiful MJ Like The Ones Other Artists Like Mark Bagley, David Marquez, Sara Pichelli, Todd McFarlane, Phil Noto, Leonard Kirk,Todd Nauck, John Romita, And Alex Garner. Any Take Would Be Good.

I meant quality. Their attention to detail and graphics are top-notch, but that doesn't mean their facial models are. Are we getting the Last of Us-level face models, Kingdom Hearts-level face models (either of which are fantastic), or Mass Effect-level face models.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By amazingfantasy

@bjparks: Would it be a good idea to compare with Insomniac previous' works? It may give more or less an idea...

(I actually don't know any games they did lol)

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: Would it be a good idea to compare with Insomniac previous' works? It may give more or less an idea...

(I actually don't know any games they did lol)

Don't know. I watched playthroughs of both Ratchet & Clank, and Sunset Overdrive, and the facial models were great in both games. But then, a lot of the enemy faces were zombies, robots, or faceless thugs. My initial feeling is that they'll do it well, but I don't know for sure.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: @bjparks: I totally vouch for Yuri Lowenthal. He is a great voice, who make a great PP/Spidey.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.